It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tinnitus - Ringing Ears

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Do you ever noticed hearing to some kind of ringing sound even, and specially, when there is no sound at all coming from any place around you?

I looked for it and I found this disease called "tinittus", which fits exactly to that description provided above.

The thing is I have the feeling this sound as some sort of different source, other than a mere physical malfunction.

A few months ago (I would say it has been almost 2 years now, though) I felt a strange experience, as I was lying in my bed and that ringing sound started to grow stronger and stronger. Actually, my perception at the time was that it was not the sound that was becoming stronger, but it was my awareness of it that was getting broader. I felt like if the ringing sound was coming from all the objects in the room (shelters, books, CDs... just ordinary stuff), as if I was listening to the energy they were releasing.

By the same time I felt myself being pushed against the bed and I started feeling really hot (as I described in some thread I posted at that time).

I cannot tell more than this, as I don't know more. I always felt interest for these kind of things, as I always bumped randomly with them (even more recently with some other personal events), but never searched much about it. Maybe you can give some enlightenment on that. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I recently read a pocket sized book called EARTH ANGELS, a pocket guide for incarnated Angels, Elementals, Starpeople Walk ins and Wizzards by DOREEN VIRTUE.

She says this noise is the Angel or spirit realm DOWN LOADING information on your lifes journey. The messages enter your subconcious.

That is one theory.

I had my adinoids removed as a child and I often wounder if I was experimented on via some secret government project. I may be a bit paranoid here but government and medical secrecies have known to go togehter before.

I have had some experiences I can't explain involving a jet plane and a UFO two seperate things. Its a bit hard to talk about so I wont go into it but it would be interesting to see if anyone else has had a ufo type experiance who has had this ringing experiance also.

Maybe it is my hearing going in middle age LOL and I am just a fruit cake God knows!!

Interesting topic XX

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Also keep in mind tinnitus is a sign of high blood pressure and other possible physical problems. I just wanted to toss that in the pot.

My tinnitus started when I had my wisdom teeth removed. I've had it in both ears ever since. I don't even notice it anymore unless it's very quiet or I think about it. I probably had some nerve damage during the surgery and i'll have it the rest of my life.

If it is the spiritual world running downloads into a persons mind then mine is full now and they can stop at any time

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Tinnitus is also a symptom of Meniere's Disease (vertigo) and Hypoxic Aneamia.

It is can also be a temporary condition due to an imbalance of fluid in the compartments of the ear.

In Pace Always
resi

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I have had this for almost a couple of years myself. The doctor told me it was maybe from asprin and to stay away from it, which I tried to no avail.

It seems to increase when I am pondering things.

I have intuitively thought it was some kind of preparation for higher frequency assimilation of some kind.

Or HAARP frequencies.

It used to be much worse, it is actually getting a bit better.

One odd thing when I mentioned this before on ATS is that a person I was talking with alot kept insisting it was like the Taos hum and wouldn't acknowlege it was a high pitch, not a low pitch. This person was not stupid by any means. Almost seemed to be setting me off track.

It may be Tinititus, but I don't think so.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I was an artilleryman in Vietnam. The noise was, well, deafening. I have had a high frequency hearing loss since that time. The tinnitus started years later, but is considered to be a result of the damage suffered during that time.

In the case of my type of tinnitus, the best explanation I've heard is that damaged nerve cells send out signals to the brain in much the same way that phantom signals are sent to the brain from the nerves in the area of an amputation.

There's more here.

www.ata.org...

www.google.com

[edit on 2006/11/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
You can also get it from aspirin and some other medications.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I have that faint noise all the time. However sometimes it gets noticable. REALLY weird, since when it goes noticable I ask other people if they heard it.

They can. Really weird.

Also, electronics put out something called transistor whine, its very common. Some parts of computers let this out when under load.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I have it too, but I don't have the HAAARP sound. Mine is simply a large EEEEEEEE sound. I can't hear it when I am doing something... But once I sit somewhere quietly, I can hear them clearly.

I managed to try out an experiment. And I figured that the sounds are frequencies, but they change according to emotion, or how you're feeling. I was at a party (no music) and I got frustrated, so I went out to the bathroom and sat down and listened. It was more of a QEEEEE at that time. I went in later, and had a good time... I came home and sat myself in the bathroom and listened agian, and it had a form of DUUUUU sound.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Lay off the aspirin and it will go away, unless its cronic and caused by something that needs to be addressed by a Dr.

Tinnitis isnt something to ignore. Its a medical issue.

It can get so bad it drives you insane. Been there. Dont focus on it. You wont reach some awesome spiritual experience. You'll simply have it in the forefront of your mind, thus, it not becoming 'blocked out' and you hearing it louder and more consistantly.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

I just thought I would add this as a point of interest. I have through the years, occassionally had ringing in my ears, but it always goes away after a few moments. However, since I have been getting chemo, and for a day or two after the treatment, I get a very loud ringing in my ears, however the tone is much different than what I have ever gotten before. I would describe it as a much lower frequency than the "normal" ringing in my ears. I don't believe there is anything paranormal to my experience, I believe it is from all the drugs they give me.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by IncarnAngel
I recently read a pocket sized book called EARTH ANGELS, a pocket guide for incarnated Angels, Elementals, Starpeople Walk ins and Wizzards by DOREEN VIRTUE.

She says this noise is the Angel or spirit realm DOWN LOADING information on your lifes journey. The messages enter your subconcious.

That is one theory.

As weird as this sounds, I had just read your post last night and this morning while relaxing around the apartment I had a severe 'ringing' case. Remembering your post, I actually flat out denied the ringing by praying and asking for it to be stopped. I have an odd personal religion that I won't get into here but I'm not Christian; so I thought it might actually do something about it and was shocked when it just cut off. Probably just coincidence but honestly I'm a bit weirded out by the whole thing, thought I'd point it out for what it's worth.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac

Originally posted by djohnsto77

I just thought I would add this as a point of interest. I have through the years, occassionally had ringing in my ears, but it always goes away after a few moments. However, since I have been getting chemo, and for a day or two after the treatment, I get a very loud ringing in my ears, however the tone is much different than what I have ever gotten before. I would describe it as a much lower frequency than the "normal" ringing in my ears. I don't believe there is anything paranormal to my experience, I believe it is from all the drugs they give me.

William One Sac...........

I am honored by your presence. I have been exposed to you on this board by the vast support the members have given you. I always wondered what / who you were. It just meant something to read a post from you. Glad you are feeling up to the moment!

Fiveby5 (interesting name) I have noticed a bit of control over the whine. It seems to increase when it is noticed, and to decrease when it is dismissed.
Meditative type thinking seems to excite it, that is weird.

I don't take asprin anymore, but no change.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I don't believe there is anything paranormal to my experience, I believe it is from all the drugs they give me.

What about your experiences before they started giving you so many drugs?

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
There have been many threads on this board about this topic before. I have had both kinds of ringing in my ears and I know what tinnitus is because I researched it. But that does not explain the occasional unique ringing that I experience which is decidedly different than tinnitus.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

I don't believe there is anything paranormal to my experience, I believe it is from all the drugs they give me.

My statement about there being nothing paranormal about the ringing was directly about the chemo, I think you understand that. As for the occassional "normal" ringing that I get, I have all types of ideas about that. Sometimes when that happens, I almost feel like something is observing me. Not neccessarily something nice either. Then I have also wondered if the ringing has to do with ghosts. I am not fully convinced in the subject of ghosts, as they are commonly portrayed. But I do think that spirits can exist here, and that maybe some are trapped, or some prefer to stay behind.

The really craziest conjecture I have wondered about when I have heard ringing in my ears is that it could be a sign that my awareness is slipping. I have long been a student of our awareness, and avidly have studied subjects like memory, deja vu etc... I think that we have different levels of awareness, in much the same manner that we have different levels of consciousness. For example, being alert, or someone sneaking up on you because you were not "alert". Another idea along this train of thought are things like focus, attention etc... I have found that when I become aware of the ringing, I usually forget what I was thinking about just before it started.

So I really don't have any belief about it. I am fully open to the idea that the ringing may just be some boring biological reaction to something I am not aware of. In fact, that is much more plausible than the conjecture I presented here first. But there must be a reason for it, and I can't help but letting my imagination go a little wild and speculate that there may be more to the phenomenon than what might seem reasonable. I mean really, life is an amazing creation. That being said, I like to meditate, and I pride myself on being very aware of my little circle. And I do find the ringing to be quite an intriguing phenomenon, as I do with many things connected to our minds.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Sometimes when that happens, I almost feel like something is observing me. Not neccessarily something nice either.

That is a very familiar feeling, of something being watching us. That was something I also described before in the thread I posted a few months ago. At the same time I was feeling that "vibration" (just not to call it "the ringing", since it went a level up than the mere ringing) I was pretty sure there was someone / something just standing next to me, and I cannot say either it felt like a "good" presence... strange you've picked up the same feeling.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Here is a video of what sound frequencies look like, make sure you have your speakers on but not too loud. Here is the link

If sound waves can form geometric shapes in a physical substance, I wonder if it can do thinkgs to the mind? A little bit of thought control maybe?

Interested, I sent you a u2u about it yesterday.

[edit on 19-11-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
If it is the spiritual world running downloads into a persons mind then mine is full now and they can stop at any time

Didn't you check the memo, They upgrade spiritual Modems about 10 to 15 yrs ago, you must still be running on 4.4 kbps modems.

HAHAHA I thought it was funny.

I have had that noise in my ear a few hundred times. I usually try and play wit it see how loud i can make it go...

Its really interesting to play wit sometimes..

I also hear if you concentrate on it a lot you can exp an AP exp, or OoBE, obe or whatever you wanna call them.

[edit on 11/19/2006 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Mines from gunfire. Lots of gunfire.

Its irritating at night when the rooms silent so i have a fan on, and the whirring masks most of the ringing so I can sleep..

But its the telephone that drives me nuts. No kidding, at times my tinitus sounds like my telephone, so i'll be laid there wondering if that ringing is the phone or just me.... how bloody annoying is that>??!!

And WOS, chemos a bitch and causes so many side effects its not even funny.

I send my deepest prayers to God for you.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join