It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Info

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'm not really one for big government conspiracies or anything, or at least coming up, or 'discovering' them, but I thought some people here might be interested in this. And no, its not classified...or it wasn't when I figured it out. And to be honest, I don't even know if its common knowledge, so please excuse me if it is.

Anyway, I live in Alamogordo, a small New Mexico town based on Holloman Air Force Base. As many probably already know, the Germans have been training here for a while and pretty much embedded themselves in our society. Anyway, rumors are circulating the Italians will be coming and participating in a similar program.

Again, sorry if this is common knowledge.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 06:33 AM
link   
~Sorry but........and? as long as it's legal.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hey...as long as there aren't any specific courses where Arabs, Afghans, or Iraquis (not meant as an insult to Citizens of the US) are learning to pilot commercial aircraft, then I think we should be alright. Germany and Italy are both declared Allies of the U.S.A. I don't know that enhancing the training of our Allies is a bad thing. I would rest easier knowing the U.S.A. and all of her Allies are trained in the same manner and with the same technologies... That's just the way I feel about it...

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I've knwo about the Germans there for a while.. its the only foriegn base squadron in the US.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
OUr US military trains many different military officials from different
countries...what is your point?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Yep....the US Air Force (and other services) are some of the most highly trained in the world. Joint training exercises (especially with NATO, etc.) are fairly common.

Holloman AFB is known for quite a bit more though...but that would be in the Alien forum, hehe....

We appreciate you keeping your eyes open though...

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Just to be the devils advocate here:

did not the germans outright refusal to support the US in Iraq cause some warning flags to go up in people's minds?

and now we are hearing stories about the EU going on its own and creating its own unified forces and possibly risking the future of NATO?

Foreign troops training in the US does not have to be a problem in any way but it can be a problem that is what I am trying to say here.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
A few years back we had Germans and the Russians training at Indian Springs in Nevada. We had to deliver water up there. Met some pretty good people.

I just wish they would learn to fly those jets a tad higher up.
It seems they barely clear my house.

[Edited on 09/08/2002 by MountainStar]

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I know this thread may be dead by now, but to anyone who is still reading I did hear that the US trained Saddam Hussein himself at Lackland AFB, in San Antonio........
At least, that was a popular story when I was in basic training there. Didnt follow up on it though.........its not that big a deal, really, just an interesting tid bit.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DjNothing
I know this thread may be dead by now, but to anyone who is still reading I did hear that the US trained Saddam Hussein himself at Lackland AFB, in San Antonio........
At least, that was a popular story when I was in basic training there. Didnt follow up on it though.........its not that big a deal, really, just an interesting tid bit.

That would be at the DLI..Defense Language Institute...and it was just that...a rumor. Saddam has never been on US soil.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well, I actually couldnt find anything on the subject using usual news searches, etc....
So you are probably right.......
should have actually looked into it before posting (which I understand is a nono, in ATS)........
Sorry bout that........but if you can dig up anything on the subject, Id like to read..............

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
www.flgausbzlw.net...

/\/ight\/\/ing

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pherophile
I'm not really one for big government conspiracies or anything, or at least coming up, or 'discovering' them, but I thought some people here might be interested in this. And no, its not classified...or it wasn't when I figured it out. And to be honest, I don't even know if its common knowledge, so please excuse me if it is.

Anyway, I live in Alamogordo, a small New Mexico town based on Holloman Air Force Base. As many probably already know, the Germans have been training here for a while and pretty much embedded themselves in our society. Anyway, rumors are circulating the Italians will be coming and participating in a similar program.

Again, sorry if this is common knowledge.

it is common knowledge (for me at least) the luftwaffe is using their mig-29's in USAF Red Flag exersices so that USAF pilots can get a taste of actually flying against MIG and not f-16's painted as migs

join