It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How easy is it to fake your own death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I was wondering how easy it is to fake yor own death whithout it getting out to the public that you're still alive. I wouldnt dream of doing this but i am intrested as to why people think some well known people are still alive but not offially. I have heard of numourous romours the Elvis Presley is still alive as well as Diana the Princess of Wales. I have heard of a few US military officials that have faked thier own death and i have even heard a romour that Steve Irwin is still alive(this one is most likely bull).

mod edit: title spelling

[edit on 16-11-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Well with todays technology, I think it is far more difficult than in the past.

For one, people are going to expect a body. Obviously you could not allow them to recognize the body from physical features, so you would need to have them match dental records probably.

A new social security number, new life, new everything would be needed.

The only people that would be capable of this, would be the filthy rich and the powerful. An enormous amount of money would be required, and a even bigger amount of influence over the right people to look away from any discrepancies that may arise.

I've read conspiracies about JFK, Tupac, Diana, etc., all of whom are speculated to have faked their death. I don't believe any of them. The only one that is fathomable in the least, would be Tupac.

No photo's were ever taken of him after the shooting. The days spent in the hospital, canceled funeral, etc., they all fuel the fire. So I say he took the right steps in faking his own death if in fact that is what he has attempted to do.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
In the US, For ordinary people A.K.A. the non-rich, its not nessary to fake your death. Its easy to let go of your old ID and gain a new one. I wont tell you how I'll let you do the research yourself but trust me its very easy. Kinda scary when you think about it.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
There's a book in the library where I work called "Hide you Assettes and Disappear". May be of some assistance to you.....

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think for someone such as Elvis or Tupac,it could have very well been done. Although,even if Elvis faked his death,he may not still be alive today.

It is relatively easy to understand why someone of prominence may try to fake his/her death. Famous people tend to be worth more dead than when alive.

One would have to change their name,social security,maybe get a makeover,et cetera. It's a lot easier said than done I suspect. However,Eddie Rabbit did it and got away with it for a number of years. I don't know how many of you saw Eddie and the Cruisers, but it was essentially based on the faked death of Eddie Rabbit...

People can't say that it isn't done....It is..

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
The only one that is fathomable in the least, would be Tupac.

No photo's were ever taken of him after the shooting.

Caution gruesome picture:

i2.photobucket.com...

www.findadeath.com...

www.2paclegacy.com...

[edit on 2006/11/17 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If you were going to fake your death, your family would most likely have to be in on it. I believe people in the CIA and other government agencies fake deaths all the time because of the danger they may put themselves and there families in.

Danica

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think it would be rather difficult for the common person to fake their own death.

You would have to have a corpse that resembles you, can be identified through dental records (dental records could be faked), you would have to drastically change your appearance, obtain new identification, fingerprints pose a problem as well, that is if you have ever been fingerprinted already.

Not easy. But not impossible though, with the right "connections".

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mechanic 32

I try to fake my own death every time I see my boss heading my way with more work.

There have been documented cases of people faking their own death (usually their bodies are never found) but only because they were caught. I am sure that there are a number of people who got away with it, but I am sure they were disappearance cases.

When a body IS found or involved I don't think you could get a Dr/coroner etc to play ball. Too many people involved and careers on the line.

[edit on 30/9/08 by Lebowski achiever]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
you dont need any corpse, or any connections. just drive your car into a river and take a bus to mexico under a fake name... wow, real tough

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Disappearing is easy even in the 21st century. It's explaining how a new person suddenly appeared that is hard... and usually the giveaway that something is a-miss. You just have to do some work before hand to make everything seem "real".

The following are thoughts I had while attending a lecture on asset tracking for private investigations. Basically it's how "not to be seen" based on how private investigators (and potentially government agencies) track individuals.

1) For the span of 12 months, make a daily diary of your activities to the last detail.

2) Using the information gathered above, note all of the "fingerprints" you leave during the course of that year. This includes but is not limited to:
* Car insurance payments
* Court appearances
* Tax filings
* ATM/Banking transactions
* Credit Card transactions
* Website viewing and posting habits
* Other tell-tale actions that can be described as "being you"

3) Using the information gathered in step 2, learn your own patterns. Note the habits that will need to be changed. Smoke a different cigarette. Buy different foods. Shop at different stores. The easiest way to get caught after disappearing is recreating the "music" of your life while only changing the "lyrics".

4) Obtain alternate forms of identification. Use that identification to open bank accounts, insurance, and credit cards.

5) Begin using that alternate identity with an alternate pattern as identified in step #3. For a more reliable alternate personae, this should occur for at least seven years. Most credit agencies expect to see at least seven years of credit history on any adult over the age of 30. Don't forget: your credit history includes such things as insurance coverage and tax filings.

6) Plan for your alternate personae to move towns. This move should coincide with the disappearance of your original personae. This step should include the securing of rental equipment for the move and possibly securing new lodgings.

7) Death by plausible denial. Go hiking in the desert. Go fly a micro-light aircraft. Go on a solo boat trip around the horn of South America. Go climb K2. Do SOMETHING that creates a plausible risk of death combined with an equally plausible chance of your remains never being recovered.

8) When you kiss your loved ones goodbye for your "vacation", you are really kissing them goodbye. Enjoy your new life.

Granted I oversimplify... but following those steps would allow someone to disappear with greater long-term effectiveness than just walking off one day.

If you look at the personalities mentioned, it isn't beyond their reach to do any or all of the above. Hell, with enough forethought it's not beyond any of us.

top topics

join