It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God forgot one minor detail

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'm not sure if God told them about Satan or not. What I do know is

#1 God gave the commandment.
#2 Adam/Eve broke that commandment.
#3 That brought Sin into the world.

Anyone can debate anything they want in the Bible, and try to prove it wrong. But the bottom line is God is with us, satan is trying to get us away from God. That's exactly what happened in the Garden of edan. Satan is doing a very good just deceiving the world, but this soul he can't have.

The strong will survive the weak will be deceived/persuaded.

Every knee will bow at the end (including yours jezebel)

[Edited on 14-11-2003 by glan]

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Like I've said numerous times. Satan has been adopted by christianity. Satan comes from the zoreastrian religion where he was created/concocted...

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Like I've said numerous times. Satan has been adopted by christianity. Satan comes from the zoreastrian religion where he was created/concocted...

And that's exactly what he/she/it want's you/us to believe.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
On the day of reckoning there will be some very very surprised little people..

One thing I know, although I believe in God and do my best to follow his teachings, I will fall on my face before him.. and tremble..

Let's just hope the Lord has a sense of humour.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
for the above post...."bruce almighty"
i thought it was a good film, god having a sense of humour seemed like a beautiful thing to add in a film(i think it had an impact on the mass, since god, in the film, was perpetrated as a black man

god may have a sense of humour, if he's watching our every move then he certainly does

we.....as the human race, are built to deal with difficult matters, for that we need a last resort, for some, a good sense of humour serves that specific purpose, for others.....the latter

Cyrus

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by glan

And that's exactly what he/she/it want's you/us to believe.

Yeah I've heard that too many times...

Read these two.

www.religioustolerance.org...

www.religious-studies.info...

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The bible speaks of the "wisdom" of man. King Solomon said in Proverbs: "The beginning of knowledge is fear of the Lord."

And about God having a sense of humour.. he's got to. Listen to all of us!
A sense of humour is the ONLY thing that got me through some of the hardest times in the Army. During the war, my First Sgt. hung a sign on his hootch that read, "If we weren't all crazy, we'd go insane." How true.

I think God is also the ULTIMATE artist. Look at what he created. I've always drawn cartoons and one thing I've noticed, out of the millions of people I've drawn over the course of my life, the ONLY time any of them were exactly alike was when I forced myself to copy them. Otherwise each and every creation has been different, unique. I've thought about the parallel alot.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I will fall on my face before him.. and tremble..

You and me both man.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
[Posted by Thebandit795] --->

Yeah I've heard that too many times...

Read these two.

www.religioustolerance.org...

www.religious-studies.info...

I don't have time to read those right now, but I do give you my word I will tomorrow, and reply to it. I'm not quit sure of your stance with all of this do you mind explaining?

are you an atheist, do you belive it God, you think satan is with God what, What do you think?

I come to the threads that I post and check when I got time. Tomorrow I will have more time to read what's on those links, and reply sorry I don't have time right now.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I will fall on my face before him.. and tremble..

You and me both man.

Yes. Gotta go. PeaceOut, ya'll.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Glan, I believe in God. And that God is everything that exists, including us. So then there would be no place for Satan, because then Satan would also be part of God.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Let me guess ummm.....religion of science, or Mormon?

No offense bro.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Nope, none of that. No religion.

I was raised catholic though.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I agree. But i also believe that all these names we've given to planets and gods and the stories we've made up over the aeons, all derived from where we came its a story that was handed down to us eventually becoming something it wasn't.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Raised Catholic, but what are you? That is not catholic's beliefs (as far as I'm aware)

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire

I agree. But i also believe that all these names we've given to planets and gods and the stories we've made up over the aeons, all derived from where we came its a story that was handed down to us eventually becoming something it wasn't.

Because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth . . ." (II Thess. 2:10-12).

It's sooooooo easy NOT to beleive in God, and that much easier to THINK that nothing will happen when we die, all our deeds here on earch won't mean anything we will just goto sleep. Yeah OK.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Raised Catholic, but what are you? That is not catholic's beliefs (as far as I'm aware)

Why do I have to be something or belonging to some religion???

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Obviously the bible isn't telling the whole story?

well no, the bible isn't the whole story it is written under the prejudice of man, as well as the errors of man. Man can't remember to include everything (though i would think that since the God of Christianity is omnipowerful and omniscient, he would see to it that the thing he created would beleive in him and make a text sufficient for all of their (humans) questions.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire

Because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth . . ." (II Thess. 2:10-12).

It's sooooooo easy NOT to beleive in God, and that much easier to THINK that nothing will happen when we die, all our deeds here on earch won't mean anything we will just goto sleep. Yeah OK.

Your right, Religion has become One Big Fat Twisted Lie!
glan, Well Done! I couldn't have said it better myself

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
religion is B-R-A-I-N-W-A-S-H-I-N-G

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join