It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love is the Ticket

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
So let me get this right : loads of people get beamed up into spaceships by aliens, while other aliens come down and bite the rest of our heads off, and all the "loving" ones and aliens who could help those getting their heads bit off just stand around watching because it's "not permitted" to help them. Well that isn't love to me, it's a bunch of idiots watching others get killed when they could be doing something about it. What use is being loving when you're standing on the sidelines watching others get killed? That's not love, sorry, and it doesn't take a genius to work that out. I think you might have to have a good think about your beliefs and the power of delusion. Sometimes we spend years being led down the wrong path. It takes an honest and brave person to let that type of delusion go, and I think you might have to think about that.

If a rapture comes, I don't want beaming up thanks, shove it. Would rather stay behind for the people that need help and go down fighting instead of watching. That, to me, is what love is more about.

Part of me wants nothing at all to happen in 2012, so some of us can take a long and hard look at ourselves, then get on with trying to live our lives better in the moment. To stop looking to raptures and disasters, prophecies, the past and the future, and live in the here and now. How much of your energy and focus has been on this rapture for the last 5 or more years? Be here now, it's where you're needed.
edit on 9-4-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura
So let me get this right : loads of people get beamed up into spaceships by aliens, while other aliens come down and bite the rest of our heads off, and all the "loving" ones and aliens who could help those getting their heads bit off just stand around watching because it's "not permitted" to help them. Well that isn't love to me, it's a bunch of idiots watching others get killed when they could be doing something about it. What use is being loving when you're standing on the sidelines watching others get killed? That's not love, sorry, and it doesn't take a genius to work that out. I think you might have to have a good think about your beliefs and the power of delusion. Sometimes we spend years being led down the wrong path. It takes an honest and brave person to let that type of delusion go, and I think you might have to think about that.

Very well said, that´s exactly what I think about this. Love is natural and universal and it can´t be devided into loving others and loving yourself. Love is love and can´t be forced. And I also always think about people, who really suffer, children, who have never experienced any love, only violence and unjustice. They never had a chance to grow to love everyone and this world they´re living. There are always reasons, why someone does "bad" things. They need compassion, not punishment, noone does, it just creates much more suffering, fear and violence. If this is love and justice for someone, then I´m staying here as well, because I can´t work together with beings, who CAN help suffering people (and animals and planets), but don´t because of some so called non-interference law. Love should be free, intelligent and overrule laws.

But thanks for shearing your views anyway, OP. Rapture is interesting theme, but if something like this is happening, I have a feeling, that it´s not going to be punishment day, but real awakening to all and noone is left behind

But this visoon might as well be symbolistic, like a dream. Maybe the real lesson is, that all those, who deside to stay here because of loved ones and to support all, who might need their help, are those, who pass the final exam most brilliantly?

edit on 9-4-2011 by Amandla because: add

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Amandla

Well said dude, and to the OP too : it's not you I'm getting at in any way at all, it's just your beliefs. (that aren't the real you as far as I can tell.) Respect to you, this whole area has just been a red rag to a bull with me for a long while. For starters I follow a Buddhist take on things and this rapture stuff seems to show no respect to those people at all, hundreds of millions of people on this planet that I think are as clued up as most others that share the same home. Sorry if I seemed so negative, maybe you got the worst part of my earlier hangover. Here's hoping we all, as in every one of us on this planet, get through this madness together.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OleMB
Cool reading, but I got a few problems with some of it.

1. 51% of my time showing love to others? My plan in what might be the very last years we live on this planet, is trying to hand out as much love as I can, I'm not gonna try "filling a quota". I believe that trying our very best is the the only thing we can do, and being sincere about it is the only real love. I will not be able to use 51% of my life loving everybody, and I know this with myself. Therefor, I don't see where I can go wrong with trying my best.

2. I am in no need of being picked up by a space ship anyway, I am grateful for the life I have been allowed to experience. If our mother deems it fit to rid us from her skin, that is the way it must be.

3. You kind off contradict yourself, making me question your motives for writing this. You write "oooh what pain is in store for those who live selfish and harmful lives" and then go on to say that creatures will bite peoples heads off...I'm not trying to be funny here, but I would deem myself lucky if I got to die instantaneous in a situation like this.

Anyway, your message is simple and true in every way; Love people, spread love, and love yourself. It's just that I believe sincere love is the only answer anyway, and it has no number or quota.

1: There is no gauge, that's the trick. Just keep at positive ohms flowing, and do not reverse the current much. Over time, if you ohms are positive, you'll probably end up over 51%.

2: Sweet, me too. Death is a friend, no problem.

3: Yeah, I think there is a plan to make fear happen, like the Catholics who believe in three days of darkness. Same thing.

Thanks! There is nothing to fear.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura
What use is being loving when you're standing on the sidelines watching others get killed? That's not love, sorry

I feel you. Please do not believe anything I say. Or do believe, and use it for catalyst as you like.

But really, the emotion you describe above, is an interesting puzzle eh? I expect most people will get upset if they do not have autonomy, but wasn't it an illusion anyway, autonomy?

When a parent says "it's time to go home" and the child doesn't really want to stay at the store/eatery/playground what have you, that is the parent teaching the child. So if you feel a bungee cord in the back of your head saying ('tug me and go up!') then you do not have to answer, and do not need to go, unless some are forced(?) I don't know. I don't make it a habit to talk to spirits, haven't done it for years since I wrote this thread.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetsuo

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
1: There is no gauge, that's the trick. Just keep at positive ohms flowing, and do not reverse the current much. Over time, if you ohms are positive, you'll probably end up over 51%.

2: Sweet, me too. Death is a friend, no problem.

3: Yeah, I think there is a plan to make fear happen, like the Catholics who believe in three days of darkness. Same thing.

Thanks! There is nothing to fear.

Here I reversed the terms; Ohms are impedance, they stop flow of current called Amps.

So if you wonder about your + versus - over time, then simply apply ohms or resistance to the naturally robust amps=producing parts of yourself. If you are good at one thing, you can benefit by clamping down on that good thing so as to force yourself into other areas. Such is the magic of the birth canal, birth being at once the ultimate transmutation of nothing into something, but birth is also the beginning the end, since everyone is slowly dying, according to the rules of incarnation.

Yet the analogy still applies, because if you honestly appraise yourself as being evil or amoral, perhaps to get to 51% positive, you need to apply impedence to your natural state? Like if you love money, Jesus said to the money lover, go sell all your stuff. He was encouraging the man to impede his own natural circuit.

Similarly, perhaps our wiring is more toward good, so we are above 51% but we are righteous and stupid about that. To do good, knowing that it is good and shiny, is to sully the good somewhat imo. Better to be like Jesus who said "pray in secret and be rewarded in secret".

Therefore, we can apply ohms (resistance) or amps (current) according to the parts of ourselves that are in danger of blowing a fuse, or which circuits need to be restricted volitionally so as to improve the overall circuit. It's hard to make any circuit withOUT resistors.
edit on 13-4-2011 by smallpeeps because: "It's hard to make any circuit withOUT resistors."

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If this is true then it sounds impossible for me at least so when it does happen and im too late i think i will just take the "easy way out"

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Molimo
If this is true then it sounds impossible for me at least so when it does happen and im too late i think i will just take the "easy way out"

Well, I do not wish to convince anyone of anything, but thanks for the bounce on my little old thread here.

What part about showing 51% love is impossible? All you have to do is be as nice as possible. I mean its not an exact percentage, you just have to show a bit more kindness in life, than you do evil. Or a bit more generosity, than stinginess.

Really now, from that one sentence, you don't sound like all that bad a person. Let's talk it through. What parts of this suggestion toward love, do you find "impossible"? Can't you help an old lady across the street? Can't you buy a small little unexpected gift for someone who deserves it and which will delight them and make them feel that someone cares? There are so many ways for us to touch others with love, I think you'd have to work at NOT doing it!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by smallpeeps

I meant if i did do these acts it would always be for selfish gain they would sense this and refuse to bring me with them not that i could help it (i could through meditation which so far has given me 2 spirit guides 1 is very shy and the other seems to contradict himself but emotionally just anxious and pretty much the usual) i also consider myself pretty hollow as a person (kind of fitting as my bones are hollow) im just emotionless but not completely emotionless

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Molimo

I meant if i did do these acts it would always be for selfish gain they would sense this and refuse to bring me with them not that i could help it (i could through meditation which so far has given me 2 spirit guides 1 is very shy and the other seems to contradict himself but emotionally just anxious and pretty much the usual) i also consider myself pretty hollow as a person (kind of fitting as my bones are hollow) im just emotionless but not completely emotionless

Not everything good that you do needs to be for selfish gain. But yes, there is a sad place in which people think that.

I'd ask you to talk about how you got to think that way? Like, how did you start to think that helping someone or displaying love, can only be motivated by your own greed? I mean if you tell yourself that, then yes it is true for you, and I cannot break you out of that prison called your head.

Many times during the day, we are given the chance to increase our polarity for good or evil. But you have to enjoy doing good for its own sake. I think first you should come to terms with death as a natural thing, and then from that premise, you won't be so critical of yourself or others.

Think about it this way: The minute you are born, you being dying. So does everyone else. Why not try to make each person whom you come in contact with, just a bit more aware or comfortable? It's not that hard, even if you call yourself "shallow", that is not a pool you want to float in forever. So maybe eventually, you'll find some depth within yourself, and that depth, may cause something to swim up into your dreams, and give you a new perspective.

On the other hand, if I have to convince you that you can love, well, it may not be so.
edit on 26-8-2011 by smallpeeps because: splng

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Ok then

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Some folks seem predisposed to effortlessly being and doing good, and living within love etc. I think a lot of ppl can get discouraged by this cos for most of us caught up in the daily grind, compassion is hard work! The simple truth however, is that compassion gets easier the more u practice, and is enjoyable and rewarding in itself. Like anything u want to achieve in life, just try it out for starters, then work on it

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
Some folks seem predisposed to effortlessly being and doing good, and living within love etc. I think a lot of ppl can get discouraged by this cos for most of us caught up in the daily grind, compassion is hard work! The simple truth however, is that compassion gets easier the more u practice, and is enjoyable and rewarding in itself. Like anything u want to achieve in life, just try it out for starters, then work on it

What a wonderful post! Thanks so much!

What you call "predisposed" I might also suggest the idea that parenting and early development has a lot to do with those people who are predisposed to be kind and loving. In my case, I had wonderfully loving parents. Oh sure I could criticize them, but for my part, it was like 99% love and 1% mean and so it's like an elephant of love, and an ant of petulance. I wouldn't even ever say my parents were mean, just at times they followed a textbook as to parenting and I imagine such textbooks won't be part of future generations so I can forgive that. Also I have always heard my parents talk fondly about and show love to their parents. I know that it is a gift of soul to be born to have four grandparents love me so, and to have my own parents love me, so I praise the divinity in this life, for granting me that station, of being loved.

Having said that, I then must think of the other-self, that child who was born into a hateful or less loving family. Yes, for these children I have met, as adults. And I must say, often they far surpassed me, as to their love and kindness. I've not learned so much about love, as from those who had rough childhoods. So perhaps that defeats the idea that having loving parents means you will be loving? Also though I had love, I can be mean and petty, as I imagine all humans can be at times. I am saying I try to fight that, and surely everyone does?

I guess what I am saying is that no matter what the trajectory of your childhood-rocket that got set up and launched by your parents, you can adjust that rocket in mid flight, and eventually it becomes your own. And so where you fly it, is up to you. As for those who fed us, clothed us, and didn't beat us physically or emotionally, can't we say they were all enjoyed?

You mentioned the daily grind and how it discourages people. As you say, they get 'caught up'. But then you encouraged the audience further by explaining that compassion gets easier over time. I'd liken it to living in the shade of a tree out in your yard. Many people have had a big tree near their house. But do we go live at the base of it? Do we move from our house, into a tree house? Well typically no, we'd mortgage our lives 300x over to have the house. A treehouse, is absurd, is it not?? Like how would I move all my books and furniture up there? Also, won't the sheriff come give us a ticket or something?? And then eventually by whatever force of balance, we end up out of the house, and we take shelter with the tree in the yard. Life does this to us. And when you spend time next to that tree, because you HAVE to. You may feel a desire to know it better, maybe even climb into the branches. And before you know it, you've built a treehouse and you live in the tree every day, and you feel the breeze and the birds around you. And from that higher vista of few possessions but spiritual clarity, you can see other people who have to live under their tree, their house is also denied to them, but they do not choose to love the tree, they do not see it as shelter, as provider of a higher view. They do not see the advantage of being forced to live with the tree. They saw the house, as being better. From our higher vista, we can see that they don't know what their missing. So feeling and showing love, is like being up in your tree, and helping others go up into theirs. It is hard to leave your possessions as one does when climbing a tree and anyways trees can't support all our junk. Remember the rich man that Jesus told to sell all his possessions. Was that a loving thing for Jesus to do, tell the guy to sell all his junk? Yet he knew that if the man did this thing, that he _would_ be saved, from himself.

Does that make sense? I mean that we all _know_ houses are better, and yet if we imagine ourselves living in the trees, we can either be scared of falling and angry at being 'homeless', or we can be delighted as a child and eager for new perspectives. And your suggestion above that if people "just give it a try", is like saying, "Just try to climb up to the first branch!" because you are already living in your tree and have a higher vista. Anyway, I rambled here because you inspired me. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If I am left behind, I will finally see. I will then try to help others who are also left behind, even if the only thing I can offer is comfort.

If these 15ft tall creatures do roam the Earth, getting my head bitten off seems like a quick way to go. If I am left behind, I would welcome that.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Do you now when this will happen by any chance ?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparkzz
Do you now when this will happen by any chance ?

Nope. I never ask for dates or things like that. And anyway, what good would the information do me? This source of info wouldn't expect me to request knowledge like that. I always try to deflect ideas about this or that date. Dates have great meaning to those who lack spiritual sense.

The closest I come to that is occasionally I pray for things to be accelerated, but I must also speak to the fact that time itself is quite illusory. So if I emote, and yearn, and pray "Please bring salvation!" to the sky, perhaps the sky will answer that "When it comes, you'll feel like you aren't ready anyway, so why worry?". An example would be that Jesus said to observe the birds, and that they did not worry. He asked us to emulate them. Do they sit around asking when a hurricane is coming? No, they're too busy enjoying life, and nature and having chicks.

Another way to look at it would be, a child who is in the car, driving to Disneyworld let's say. There is no words to express their anticipation. And yet, in the scheme of childhood, there are all paths which branch from that moment of "driving to Disneyworld". I am saying that it is utterly, a priori, simple, to imagine that feeling of "Driving to Disneyworld". We have ALL been children, we know that something like that must feel like.

But the spectrum of childhood experience, is vast. Of ten thousand children in that scenario, there will be all manner of outcomes. In one child's case, father gets an important call, and they have to turn the car around. They never go back to Disneyworld, as it turns out. With another child, there is a flat tire, and moments of despair that perhaps they won't get to Disneyworld! At yet, here is another branching. In the flat tire group of children there are some whose tire is fixed, and they get to Disneyworld, and there are some who do not, and for some reason, they have to end the trip. They do not make it.

So my point is that there are all spectrum of outcomes, from that shared paradigmatic modality of "Driving to Disneyworld". The chief question I'd say we might consider is this: In each scenario, each child with their elation and "Best day at Disneyworld" experience, and also those children who did not get there i.e., the "Day we almost made it to Disneyland, but did not.", in each child's case, there are presumably adults, who have been the catalysts for each moment. That is to say, a child does not even get to the "Driving to Disneyworld" moment, without 100% effort of planning by the adults, almost inconsequential they are to the child, for in fact, the child knows that sometimes mom and dad do not, or cannot, come through on their promises. That is the nature of parents -they let us down some times. and yet, we HOPE in our parents, in that when they are driving us to Disneyworld, we have some feeling, that the planning which got us in the car, and onto the highway, has a momentum that will, yes, eventually get us there.

So the question to consider in this context is, what do the parents say, when the child has their Disneyworld experience? Can we as easily, project ourselves into the place of the parents? What if that tire does blow out, and what could disrupt our "Trip to Disneyland"? Naturally, everyone who contemplates such a trip, thinks like this, and yet, the children in the back seat, are more prescient in their ability to doubt us. When the trip is cut short, the child in some way, was scared of the possible outcome. And it is a key moment, for us as the adults who planned the trip, to say something, to the child who is disappointed by events. Perhaps there are no words for that disappointment, and in those moments, isn't it true that children themselves, will offer us condolences? They'll say "It's okay Mom, we can always go some other time!" Even as they are brushing their tears away, do we know how to make the most of the situation, as they often do?

Or perhaps the trip went perfectly, the child had the ultimate "Disneyworld" experience, and you are then driving them home, fully saturated as a parent, with good feelings, shared with these kids for whom these experiences are so profoundly shaping, and positively anchored in life affirming pleasure. How then, would we as parents, reflect on having somehow made the trip come off okay? Would we pat ourselves on the back as the kids are sleeping with grins on their faces? Would we say "Yep, that's me pretty much, I did it. I made it happen." ..Or, would we give credit to some other power?

In both cases, the utter disappointment of not getting there, or the elation of getting there and having it be perfect, time moves forward, and the event is replaced by other events, along similar lines. So I rambled here, but my point is that the question itself, "When"? Is always answered by the answer "Too soon.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elepheagle
If I am left behind, I will finally see. I will then try to help others who are also left behind, even if the only thing I can offer is comfort.

If these 15ft tall creatures do roam the Earth, getting my head bitten off seems like a quick way to go. If I am left behind, I would welcome that.

Well, I want to chop at my original post if I may, just to tune down the frequency on it, I wrote it in the moment, years ago. And it's very awkward by today's standards. But I stand by what I felt and am glad to have shared it in this way.

But to just sort of clarify, I myself used the term "fifteen foot tall monsters" in a very broad way, and so it's important to clarify what that means. I mean to describe "the fearful creature" rather than a specific being or whatnot. I am speaking of the way our particular fear, may manifest.

That is to say, most of us, when we are reduced to the size of a child, will feel a very key, fight or flight fear. And yet how can you verify the truth of what I just typed, unless you now conjure that in your mind, and take yourself now, back to what it was to be half the size of an adult. Tell me, what was it like to be three feet tall? Because you see, I know for a fact that you were that tall, one time.

So when I say "fifteen feet" I am referring to that Alice in Wonderland thing where is it she who is growing or the house that is shrinking, and so forth. I am saying the events will be like having your own hourglass turned upside down. This means that whether the "evil beings" are as small as roaches, or as big as adults compared to a child, there is the same kind of disjointing feeling. As Yoda says, "You would do well not to judge me by my size because I have a powerful ally called "the force" which is between you and me and the rock and everything." So in this meme called "Yoda", we have been given by a master of paradigms (Frank Oz I mean), the ultimate eternal child.

Ask yourself, does Yoda care if he is taken up or left behind? No, he is centered, and he is at his most happy when things are lighthearted and non-serious. And yet Yoda is very small in form. Notice also that the Joseph Cambellian journey of "The Hero" which Lucas shaped in his movies, begins by putting on the visor so that he cannot see. After spending decades in the desert waiting for Luke to grow up, Ben Kenobi's tactic is to immediately blind the kid, and teach him not to trust his eyes. This is a very key mythical concept. Obviously Ben allows Luke to keep his eyes, but imagine how Palpatine might shape things so that Luke loses his eyes through an accident? In either case, the Hero, Luke, will be shaped to use the force, but there are drastic differences of heart, in these two scenarios.

So ask yourself if it is scarier to have thousand tiny roaches eat you, or to have one big roach eat you. In truth, as you say you will try to fight through and do your best, you know you are okay: It doesn't matter because fear is something to be overcome. And this is the nature of catalyst.

So I am explaining what is more of a catalyst period in that when things get hard, that means pressure. Well, pressure causes things that are stuck, to get moving. Consider a diamond, and a sapphire. How shall the two gems ever merge? Surely if you clash them together, they will fracture. And yet, the "gem" is the cooled crystallized form of what is actually called "lava". Yes, because what throws gems and molten matter out onto the Earthen plain and then buries it? Why of course it is the rivers of molten rock and gems, called lava. Diamonds and sapphires swirl around each other when they are in molten form. It is when sufficient pressure and heat are applied, that they then separate in the explosion of the volcano, and when they separate, they cool off and become distinct as gems. In some ways I think this describes humans, for we are gems, yet we seem to be historically unable to merge with one another. So during times of hardship, we are encouraged to gel, like when a diamond and a sapphire get tossed back into the volcano or the lava flow, they once again embrace each other.

Anyway, you speak of true valor and I imagine you would be a powerful friend and ally of anyone lucky enough to know you in such a situation. Thanks for your comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join