It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumped all my Elton John records!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
No, just mocking the OP. I mean, not knowing Elton is gay is like not knowing Eminem is white. And throwing an album away because of either is rediculous.

It is?? then Israel should just ignore Iran and go back to its own business and stop trying to get us into WWIII over nothing.

I think that Elton John blew it when he said 'all' religion.. that is a very strong statement and it will be hard for him to live it down.

Besides his only excuse was that religion looked down on gays and I don't remember him saying that it was leading souls to purgatory or anything like that... I mean like problems that most of us could rally behind.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I don't think the entire world gives "credence" to Elton's beliefs or comments. He just made a statement about what he thinks about religion. Just like alot of others have.

I know Elton is very famous, but I don't think what he says really has as much of an impact as what you might think.

I would'nt worry about it.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by prsbuff
...why can't he just confine his beliefs and practices to himself privately and leave the rest of us including our innocent youth getting poison with his opinion.

Why can't you? Why is Maya Angelou allowed to speak about the Black experience? Why was Bob Marley allowed to sing about oppression and subjugation in Jamaica?

Remember the guy who tried to remove the 'under God' in the pledge of allegiance?
Well, he succeeded and where is the culture of public school in america heading?

It was added in 1954. What was the state of our public schools before that?

Of course, they are human being and I agree to that.

Thank God

It's just they begin to be catalysts of culture. Meaning, they are opening a new wave of consciousness among masses. I'm not sure what it is. Anyone here could tell me?

And EJ opinion is one example of this consciousness.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. In what way are they opening up a new conciousness? Is it that we are now more accepting of differences? It's no longer cool to fag-bash? I remember reading about that happening before, during the civil rights movement.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
It is?? then Israel should just ignore Iran and go back to its own business and stop trying to get us into WWIII over nothing.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I think that Elton John blew it when he said 'all' religion.. that is a very strong statement and it will be hard for him to live it down.

I think everyone knew what he meant. And if not, hopefully it will get them thinking about the ones that don't, and start paying more attention to them.

Besides his only excuse was that religion looked down on gays and I don't remember him saying that it was leading souls to purgatory or anything like that... I mean like problems that most of us could rally behind.

What are you talking about??
It took some interpreting, but I think you're saying that because most of us aren't gay, we shouldn't worry about what religion does to gay people.

If this is correct blink twice.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
You know what.. I find it hilarious people 'trash' or 'dump' products because they don't or no longer support the maker. I mean I have some Michael Jackson CDs, but it doesn't mean I endorse his um...eccentric behavior. Or whatever you want to call it. There's a lot of politically outspoken celebrities out there. And I bet I don't agree with half of them, but it doesn't mean I'll just stop watching movies if they happen to be in them.

I mean this sort of reminds me of people that refuse to purchase anything that is made by Microsoft corporation...just because it's Microsoft.

Or the people 'boycotting' Israeli products.

Like I said...Hilarious.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
To get attention, I have to make the title stand out. Honestly speaking, It's just a deletion of mp3. I may have some karaoke cd.
Frankly speaking, having an open mind has positive and negative consequences. One should limit the influx of info and eliminate what he/she considers garbage. It reminds me of the movie 'run lola run' whereby 'a question will generate more question' similar to an idea or a notion will generate more ideas and notions and it's an infinite process. The pursuit of its(idea) logical existence is never ending. What I'm trying to say is, all the threads that have been posted on ats will always have its pros and cons.
Everyone has his/her infinite responses to any statement.
Therefore, I thanked everyone who contibuted to this thread and I learned
a bunch. It made me realize of my shortcomings and ignorance.
This will be my last post. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Go ahead and throw out his more recent albums because they suck anyways...

The critics are saying good things about his new one, The Captain the Kid.

I thought it was a bit silly of Reggie to call for organized religion to be banned, since

1. banning things only drives them underground and makes them stronger and

2. it ain't gonna happen as long as the vast mass of mankind still needs a little God-shaped dummy to pop in its mouth every night before it goes to bed.

Religion definitely needs to be squashed, but not by secular fiat. It will happen anyway, as more and more members of the human race grow up and realize what an immoral thing it is. It won't happen soon, though -- I reckon on another thousand years or so before Il Papa and his fellow-babblers get their redundancy letters. A mere eyeblink in the life of the cosmos. I can't wait.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by prsbuff
Frankly speaking, having an open mind has positive and negative consequences. One should limit the influx of info and eliminate what he/she considers garbage.

You're right, Keep a closed mind, better safe than sorry right? Limit your intake of knowledge and information to the stuff you approve of and you'll never have to worry about understanding the other side of things.

Good luck with all that.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I think everyone knew what he meant. And if not, hopefully it will get them thinking...

I never thought of that. Old Tantrum Trousers is fairly well known, after all. That comment would have been reported worldwide and maybe, just maybe, it made a few people think about the damage religion does and how much better off we would all be without it. I bet Elton got more coverage that Richard Dawkins did when he published The God Delusion a few weeks ago.

Kudos to him; he's used his celebrity for something worthwhile, even if he might have been a bit more careful in his choice of words.

Way to go, Rasobasi420!

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I mean this sort of reminds me of people that refuse to purchase anything that is made by Microsoft corporation...just because it's Microsoft.

Or the people 'boycotting' Israeli products.

Like I said...Hilarious.
That actually has some effect unlike buying something then throwing it away in some hissy fit.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I used to have an archive of Doogie Howser MD episodes, then I found the horrible truth and threw them away.

That horrible truth was that the show sucked.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join