It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A link with a new book I'm reading and spilt milk??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I have always been interested in new ways of thinking from reading many books in the past on meditation, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy etc and eventually came across a book called The Power Of Now by a german author called Eckharte Toole.

It basically teaches you a different way in thinking by looking at what is around you in the now instead of your mind taking control of you and straying into thinking in the past and future. One of the ways of doing this is to clear your mind and simply listen to any thoughts that appear and simply observe them and with enough practice you drift into a sense of being and enlightenment. I guess it sounds similair to Meditation and Buddhist practices but although the book can be hard going in bits it comes across really well.

So I have been practicing some of these methods and even though i'm not very good at it (It takes patience and a lot of practice) I have caught glimpses of what he is talking about and am going to persevere. A strange thing happened to me though.. I decided to try it before sleep last night and cleared my mind of everthing and drifted into a nice deep sleep.

I dreamt quite graphically and there were lots of things going on around me, people i know all chatting etc, but towards the end of the dream I was sitting in or next to a bus shelter and was knocked over by something which hurt the back of my head, somebody pulled me to my feet and when I looked to the ground,instead of their being blood there was a large puddle of milk, the guy said I was knocked down by a bus (I even remember him saying it was a number 34). Then I woke up.

This morning I was walking to work and decided to pop into a small deli to get a sandwich for lunch. As i approcahed the cabinet to pick up a roll the assistant came over to put in fresh sandwiches and the next minute a carton of milk fell off the top shelf missing my head by centimetres and covering this poor girl head to foot in milk. A puddle immediately started to flow between my legs and I got a REAL shock when that part of my dream came back. I have had coincidences in the past but nothing quite like this. I guess my point is this: If i'm practicing something new with my mind, could this somehow be related to that particular incident? Although the milk carton wasn't heavy it did just miss my head and in my dream my head felt sore, and what was the milk significance?

Has anybody had any similair experiences whilst practising meditation or other things? I don't feel freaked out about it, it could be a coincidence but maybe i'm tapping into an area of my brain that I haven't before. The Power Of Now book isn't designed for this kind of premonition stuff but I would highly recommend it if people want to stop thinking too much and live in the Now. Let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance

October

[edit on 10/11/06 by October]

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Aawww come on there must be someone out there with an insight to this?? maybe i'm just looking too far into it but i would still like to see what other people think..

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I have had dreams and such come true. I don't know that anything quite that bizarre has ever happened as far as dreams go.
That's pretty weird.

Perhaps it was some kind of a trasference? You know, what she felt was somehow transferred to you in a dream. I am not sure what "bus 34" has got to do with anything though.

[edit on 10-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
well the bus 34 for was the number of the bus that supposeadly ran me over, i see it every day on the way to work but it was a bit strange overall. Thanks for posting my friend, i know that people have things happen to them before, me too but this felt really strange to me.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I have that book, in my opinion it is a very good read so far (i'm not finished yet).

That is definitely a weird story, and I've had a lucid dream before, it is very weird the first time. I'm not sure about the significance of the milk, although the other dream you had could've been you in the astral world.

Have you finished the book, and if so should I be excited about reading the rest (i'm a little less than half way through)? Thanks,

Pancho

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I believe that our subconscious is eternal.
Perhaps your exercises are getting into your subconscious and you had a sort of premonition in your dreams/

I'll have to look into that book.
Thanks for the tip

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hi Pancho,

I haven't actually finished the book myself yet, about half way through as well but from what i have read it's a real eye opener. It can be quite difficult to go into being for any length of time but when you are there it'a a fantastic feeling and sometimes when i'm doing stuff it can be quite easy to go into the now and you appreciate everything around you. I also love the concept that time is an illusion and you stop clock watching so much, who cares what time it is, the time is in the NOW. Brilliant, can't wait to finish it.

Good luck yourself Pancho and keep me posted as to your progress.

top topics

join