It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parasitic Face Worms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Came Across this video of small parasites worms oozing out of a man's face!
Are these real? I tried looking on Google but all I could find similar to the video
are nematodes....

Video (warning):
www.thorlinks.com...

Link Where I found info about the nematodes:
www.micrographia.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I'm on dialup, so I'm not going to download the video, but my guess is that they are botfly larvae.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
OKAY now that is very disturbing. It looks to be real. I'm surprised the guy isn't freaking out and running around for help!

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Thats disgusting, it looks real i have to agree. Never herd of it execpt maybe in a sci-fi movie. And that he whiped them off, Eww comon man! and they were moving, i think im going to hurl

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
I'm on dialup, so I'm not going to download the video, but my guess is that they are botfly larvae.

They were definitly not Botfly larva. These were tiny stringlike looking things going from hole to hole in the guys face. The Botfly larva is bigger then this and it doesn't move around all over the body like these things were doing.

Gross!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
im sure there is a scientifc explanation for this

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Does anyone know wether that cloth was chemically treated or was that guy just wiping them off his face so they could look at them? Anyone understand Chinese here? (If that was Chinese) The people laughing in the background was quite disturbing. Id a been kicking some buttocks! LOL

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Most disturbing!

Originally posted by a1ex
Link Where I found info about the nematodes:
www.micrographia.com...

The problem I have with the theory that they're Nematodes (Round Worms) is that Round Worms (whipworms, hookworms, pinworms, ascarids, and filarids) are typically found in the intestines, i.e. the large intestine, the small intestine, the colon, the lungs, etc. and not under the skin. Yes, some such parasites can ENTER the host through the skin, but the won't exit the body through the skin, especially not in those numbers.

Second, something that bothers me is the lack of blood. If these are real parasites they won't live directly under the skin, as there are little or nothing to feed on. They'll live in the flesh. Thus "expel" a huge amount of parasites such as in the video, there should be some amount of blood, if only a slight red spot appearing. There seems to be no to little irritation of the skin. In my opinion (which is not a medical one) the person's skin shows signs of acne, and that's about it.

Further, it's not a very good method by the "doctor" to wipe the worms of with the cloth. This mean that there's a good chance that a worm can "break in half" whilst exiting the skin, leaving the under half remaining under the skin.

All of this makes me very suspicious of the video - especially if there's laughter, as ThePieman points out.

Hopefully this is some stupid video with a different story behind it, and not actual parasites. It will give me one more thing to worry about. Like I need that.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   

The problem I have with the theory that they're Nematodes (Round Worms) is that Round Worms (whipworms, hookworms, pinworms, ascarids, and filarids) are typically found in the intestines, i.e. the large intestine, the small intestine, the colon, the lungs, etc. and not under the skin. Yes, some such parasites can ENTER the host through the skin, but the won't exit the body through the skin, especially not in those numbers.

Does that mean everyone has parasites living in there intestines ?! Ahhhhh!!!!!

[edit on 9-11-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
Does that mean everyone has parasites living in there intestines ?! Ahhhhh!!!!!

[edit on 9-11-2006 by 7Ayreon]

Not necessarily. It's easy to get them (worms) especially from pets such as dogs. You do get "de-worming medicine" which you can buy over the counter at your local pharmacy (drugstore?), which should get rid of all nasties. Here's another scary thought: Scientists believe that nematodes outnumber everything else on the planet...

LoL. Don't worry. If you practise healthy hygiene you shouldn't have a problem.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
There another worm/snake in Central america called "Tepelcua" it is rumored that
such a thing will go up your anus while you are defecating in the forest.

Common belief is that the worm is taken out by aboriginal peple in the past with warm milk and have the person affected sit on the bowl.

The snake will sneak out of the anus to drink the milk and that's when the witch doctor
or whoever is an "expert" will kill the thing....

Yup When I was a kid I kept listening to these tales but i think ill make a diff thread out of this one

[edit on 11/9/2006 by a1ex]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
UUUrgh,Retch.

That sounds disgusting-Im not even going to watch it until my lunch has settled.
Anyone got any tips for getting rid of such evil beasties?
Saw a program once about this woman stuck in the amazon after a plane crash,got loads of worms in a shoulder injury,and a local tribe used Petrol to clean them out.
Gruesome.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Brugia malayi (found mainly in the far east) and Wuchereria bancrofti (in tropical and subtropical regions) are the two species of filarial nematodes (long and thin worms) associated with the worm infections known as lymphatic filariasis and its gross manifestation, elephantiasis.

This is the information obtained from the website. I believe this is the type of manifestation which the individual had on the film which are transmitted by misqitoes. It is commonly found in Asia.

I have seen these worms grow in oxygenated algae. I was trying to grow tardigradas by pharming them to look at under my microscope. These parasites don't thrive in nitrogen based water and require a certain amount of oxygen to replicate.

He could even have got them from contaminated swimming water. More than likely it was transmitted by a misqitoe into the host. The misquitoe being the carrier.

I am itching just at the thought of them crawling on my skin, although I know they are not present in the environment where I live.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07

I have seen these worms grow in oxygenated algae. I was trying to grow tardigradas by pharming them to look at under my microscope. These parasites don't thrive in nitrogen based water and require a certain amount of oxygen to replicate.

He could even have got them from contaminated swimming water. More than likely it was transmitted by a misqitoe into the host. The misquitoe being the carrier.

I am itching just at the thought of them crawling on my skin, although I know they are not present in the environment where I live.

Thanks Rachel that sounds extremely logical. I would bet he was probably in some kind of contaminated water scenario. I too am getting the heebie-geebies all night after watching that video!!! Sheesh one of my hairs fell out on my shoulder and I freaked out!!!! I won't even mention the little white speck on my arm I flipped out on. LOL

I think I won't be viewing any more of these type of threads.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
My god,i watched it and it is real minging.
The voices in the background are having a right laugh...
I rekon it could be one of those sicko endurance shows...Do they call him "champion" at the end?
Is it some weird competition?

It makes my face itch too...
They look a little like the leeches we have in Wales,real thin.But they Are black.
Here is one I filmed a while back.
Check out the move it does at about second 14 15 16.

www.youtube.com...

The film quality ain`t that hot,i only did it to prove to a mate that we have leeches here in Wales...he didn`t believe me for some reason.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have heard that "tape worms" will come out through your skin if you try and starve them out. I don't know if that is true or not.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
No tape worms dont come out through your skin. Just do a google for human parasites and see what kind of nasty stuff is out there. It is mostly in third world nations and in the tropics that most parasites thrive.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
How about this as a potential cure for the intestinal worms?

Russian style Vodka session,followed by a serious vindaloo,followed by a load of raw chillies.

Would that drive intestinal worms out?
Just wondering as i may be travelling to a part of the globe where they are a problem,and they scare the bejezuz outta me to be honest.
Any tips?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
How about this as a potential cure for the intestinal worms?

Russian style Vodka session,followed by a serious vindaloo,followed by a load of raw chillies.

Would that drive intestinal worms out?
Just wondering as i may be travelling to a part of the globe where they are a problem,and they scare the bejezuz outta me to be honest.
Any tips?

best advise I could give you is Watch where you eat, and what you eat.
Pork specially , Im not suggesting to become to a veggie while on your trip that
is just plain torture but I would not even dare buying a hog dog from a street vendor....

The Russian style Vodka session you suggest sounds hardcore and if you manage to survive the treatment publish your results
..... But the point is to avoid getting the bugs inside your body in the first place....so always wash your hands, make sure no flies go into your food and watch waht you eat and where you eat it...my 2 cents (which i found on the street)

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I didn't look, too squemish. Would that be the dreaded Morgellons they're calling people psychotic for having? Some people are psychotic, no doubt. Seems to be part of the emerging internet psychosis sickness pattern. Sympathetic hysterical Morgellons.

they were allowed to torture them for five months but not to kill them, and their torture was like the sting of a scorpion, when it stings a man. And in those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will long to die, and death will fly from them.
In appearance the locusts were like horses arrayed for battle; on their heads were what looked like women's hair, and their teeth like lion's teeth; they had scales like iron breastplates, and the noise of their wings was like the noise of many chariots with horse racing into battle.
They have tails like scorpions, and stings, and their power of hurting men for five months lies in their tails. Rev 9:7-10

Those power to torture and not kill locusts have got to be skin disease. Just ask any civil war soldier who marched around with scabies and lice and no skin on his feet for months.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join