It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Antarctica excavations ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
just to add to this debate,

the NAZI's did have bases on Arntarctica that were overun by British SAS 5 years after the end of world war 2,

and the ozone hole over arntarctica has been created by US and British nuclear testing - just think for a second, most of the world industry is in the Northern Hemisphere, so how the hell could all that pollution make it to the south pole to cause such an effect, it'd be more so in the north pole wouldnt you think?

I read somewhere bout 2 years agi that scientists saw a natural vortex swirling in the sky above one of their bases so they tied some sort of recording device to a weather baloon and sent it up, attached to a rope on the ground. The baloon disappeared in the vortex and they then pulled it back down. What they found was in only a number of minutes, many hours had passed on the recording device. I havn't been able to find further reference of this so I hope someone else can help me out.

I personally beleive that Antarctica, as scientist have previously stated was once a lush foresh covered continent, as was the Sahara at about the same time. I beleive there is remnants of ancient civilisations there, dont be surprised to one day hear of ice covered pyramids on the continent.

Quite possibly, the legend of atlantis could be one of antarctica, where the water came in and froze. How do we know that the Atlantaneans weren't trying to mess with the weather and it backfiered at them in a big way?

anyway, thats my 2 cents worth, enjoy the continued debate here, it interesting eh?

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

and the ozone hole over arntarctica has been created by US and British nuclear testing - just think for a second, most of the world industry is in the Northern Hemisphere, so how the hell could all that pollution make it to the south pole to cause such an effect, it'd be more so in the north pole wouldnt you think?

Antarctica is colder. Andy anyway, there is a ozone hole above the Arctic and well.

I personally beleive that Antarctica, as scientist have previously stated was once a lush foresh covered continent

Yes it was. 55 million years ago.

Quite possibly, the legend of atlantis could be one of antarctica, where the water came in and froze. How do we know that the Atlantaneans weren't trying to mess with the weather and it backfiered at them in a big way?

Maybe because we know Antarctica has been frozen for millions of years
And whatever people say, I don't believe that Plato's story was about an army of Antarctic Penquins invading Greece ......

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Just thought I'd throw in the "Piri Reis Map" mystery, try googling it there's no shortage of information on it. But basicaly it indicates that Antartica was ice free 10,000 years ago.
Here's one link

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
It's probably completely unrelated to what Pontifex found, but the "scene" he described immediatly reminded me of one of the Shadow of the Colossus (viral marketing) videos. The "ice Giant".

It originally had a site here: arkadysimkin.pl... but it's gone now.

Video
Museum of Hoaxes
ATS Discussion

No military men in black though.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
For awhile now, well at least a couple of years, there's been speculation on sites about Antarctica and what's going on down there. I think the first I read had to do with the Russians being down there and a meteor on a close course to earth that could best be viewed from Antarctica. The UFO/EBE civilization speculation is another.

Going to see what I can find on what is going on down there. It's been something I wanted to get into for quite awhile. Seems a lot of ATS members know a lot on it by what I'm reading above and that's good stuff.

Dallas

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
It's probably completely unrelated to what Pontifex found.

Sorry I should have mentioned why I brought up the Piri Reis thing, but there seems to be similiar coverup and threat tactics in archeology as well as UFOs probably because there trying to hide the same thing, and probably the same guys. Although I don't know a whole lot about the map it appears to be genuine and that defies everything we're told about Antartica, another big coverup? so Just a thought as to why they might not want just anyone go too deep down there. Perhaps those strange objects have been there for a very long time.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
Just thought I'd throw in the "Piri Reis Map" mystery, try googling it there's no shortage of information on it. But basicaly it indicates that Antartica was ice free 10,000 years ago.
Here's one link

Not it doesn't - as anyone who's ever looked at the map properly can clearly see

It does appear to show Tierra del Fuego though

xoomer.alice.it...

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
i do not know , but i have heard that it is a gov't project to retrieve samples at the bottom for biological perposes. the site i have heard is as old as the planet. they get samples now and then at the bottom and send them to different gov't facilities for biological warfare exsperiments.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The Piri Reis Map

In 1929, a group of historians found an amazing map drawn on a gazelle skin.
Research showed that it was a genuine document drawn in 1513 by Piri Reis, a famous admiral of the Turkish fleet in the sixteenth century. (...)

The most puzzling however is not so much how Piri Reis managed to draw such an accurate map of the Antarctic region 300 years before it was discovered, but that the map shows the coastline under the ice. Geological evidence confirms that the latest date Queen Maud Land could have been charted in an ice-free state is 4000 BC.

Link

Lots of surprises may be hidden under the Antarctic ice and are waiting to be discovered by humans

Did a big boom hit antarctica?

Ancient Ruins Found in Antarctica

Greetz, Pontifex

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Lets try to stick to the original topic, a specific archaeological investigation in antarctica that was suppressed by 'navy seal like' military men.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
So has anyone else got any more info on this??

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hopefully this on topic but awhile ago a really great research thread was started on here because sizemic (spelling?) activity was detected by stations in Antartica and NZ that was really puzzling. I'll see if I can find that thread.

Antartica is so interesting and when you add the mystery and paranornaml elements to it, what an amazing, complex, and fascinating place.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
I read somewhere bout 2 years agi that scientists saw a natural vortex swirling in the sky above one of their bases so they tied some sort of recording device to a weather baloon and sent it up, attached to a rope on the ground. The baloon disappeared in the vortex and they then pulled it back down. What they found was in only a number of minutes, many hours had passed on the recording device. I havn't been able to find further reference of this so I hope someone else can help me out.

Read about that too. Here's a few links:

www.freerepublic.com...

www.paranormalnews.com...

and of course a good link to an ATS thread on this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Interesting story, but clearly a made up one (bearing in mind too that the source seems to be the Pravda internet site
)

According to the article, some American and British scientists working in Antarctica on January 27, 1995, noticed a spinning gray fog in the sky over the pole. U. S. physicist Mariann McLein said at first they believed it to be some kind of sandstorm. But after a while they noticed that the fog did not change its form and did not move so they decided to investigate.

They sent up a weather balloon, at the end of a rope, with some equipment attached. To their surprise the balloon immediately disappeared after entering the fog, although the rope hung there, as if still attached. After a few minutes the team pulled on the rope and the balloon reappeared. When they brought it back to the ground they were surprised to find that a chronometer on the balloon displayed the date as January 27, 1965, exactly 30 years earlier.

No-one could possibly have thought it was a sandstorm, not at the South Pole, hundreds of miles from the nearest, frozen, sand. And even if it were a time vortex, why would the clock's display have changed?

And not surprisingly, a Google search for Mariann McLein reveals her name exists only in connection with this story - beyond which it would appear she does not exist.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Maybe records of Mariann McLain were cleaned or the name is intentionally wrong... There could be many reasons, it does not necessarily mean that the whole story is fiction.-

As an astonishing coincidence there is the same kind of "natural vortex swirling in the sky" observed at Saturn's south pole

Nov 9, 2006: The Eye of the Storm - A hurricane-like whirlpool with a well-developed eye ringed by towering clouds, a phenomenon never before seen on another planet, has been sighted by multiple Cassini instruments at Saturn's south pole. (...) The unprocessed image shows an oblique view toward the pole, and was reprojected to show the planet from a perspective directly over the south pole.

Link: NASA

Can these things be connected?
Ancient Culture - Time/Star Gate (Vortex) - UFO - American Special Forces

Greetz, Pontifex

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Famous 'remote viewer' Ingo Swann mentions the recent Classification of Lake Vostok in his last ever public appearance in May 2009.

Has there been any update about this news-blackout item?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I think all of this was viral advertising for a fiction novel, Raising Atlantis. lantis.tv, the source for these reports, re-directs to the author's webpage.

Here's the synopsis from Barnes and Noble...

BURIED UNDER TWO MILES OF ICE. In Antarctica, a glacial earthquake swallows up a team of scientists...and exposes a mysterious monument older than the Earth itself. In Peru, archaeologist Dr. Conrad Yeats is apprehended by U.S. Special Forces...to unlock the final key to the origins of the human race. In Rome, the pope summons environmental activist Dr. Serena Serghetti to the Vatican...and reveals a terrifying vision of apocalyptic disaster. In space, a weather satellite reveals four massive storms forming around the South Pole...and three U.S. spy satellites disappear from orbit. These are the end times, when the legends of a lost civilization and the prophecies of the world's great religions lead a man and a woman to a shattering discovery that will change the fate of humankind. This is the ultimate voyage, a journey to the center of time, as awe-inspiring as the dawn of man--and as inevitable as doomsday. This is RAISING ATLANTIS....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join