It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Antarctica excavations ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It was about five weeks when I googled before I went to bed.
I found something pretty interesting. I will try to reconstruct it:

It was a local New Zealand News Website. A film team from ...dream... productions
was captured somewhere in Antarctica by some black suited military men (similar to the navy seals) who appeared via helicopter when they filmed ongoing underwater excavations under an iceshield revealing strange objects. The production team was detained and the producer in New Zealand protested against the fact, that these forces wanted to keep all the tapes they have made so far.

The next day I tried to find this story again (history of my browser is unfortunately set to be deleted after browser shut down) but without success. The next two weeks I sporadically searched for this story again without success.

Does anybody have an idea about this ?? Could this be an alien civilization cover-up ?
Could it be posssible that due to the climatic changes something that was formerly hidden under the ice is revealed now ?

Greetz, Pontifex

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Sounds very familiar to the movie "The Thing" by Carpenter.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
www.enterprisemission.com...

supposedly aliens have landed there..and supposedly theres and under ice civilization..ive always wondered about the continent..i bet the US prolly has alot of secrecy crap going on there.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
oh and this thread might be important even tho its 2 years ago..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
There are rumors that the nazis made expeditions to Anartica. I don't know how true that is.

[edit on 8-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It has to do with the lakes they are exploring in the Antarctic. There is a thread here somewhere. I found info about it when I looked but I have no idea where. Try using lake, antarctic and drilling in a search. If I remember right they found these lakes by drilling. I also believe the project went underground and nobody wants to talk about it for some reason. I also read somewhere once that the Nazi's dumped something in the Antarctic. I'm getting old enough my memory is not what it used to be but it was very interesting and I'd forgotten about it until now. Part of it was these lakes had not been exposed to the outside environment for lots of years and they were drilling for samples to study the past environment or something. It got stopped because they were afraid of contaminating the lakes and there was a dispute between countries or something.

Now that I've confused you maybe someone else will help you

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This is what I was talking about.
link
Last time I went to a site that belonged to a group doing the research and they had gone silent.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I also remember that there was a concern that in addition to contaminating the water they may release something into the atmosphere that modern life has no immunity too. They have clearly walked away from the research for some reason. From 2004 or so on the info stops and apparently so did the research. There must be some reason they quit just before penetrating past the ice. Who knows.

another link

As to the Nazi's. I believe their first attempt at a nuclear reaction is still working its way to the Earths Core. I'm not knowledgeable in this but I remember in a book about Fermi it talked about a unconfined reaction that may have delayed the Nazis just long enough for us to beat them. If I recall them not being able to contain the reaction and Hitlers decision to send the money to the Russian Front may have saved us. I'm not sure I see a link though. Look up Enrico Fermi.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Anomaly discovered beneath Antarctic Ice

WASHINGTON (AMP) - A spy satellite image of Antarctica reveals an "anomaly" two miles beneath the ice that could be a man-made structure, according to Congressional investigators who are demanding release of the image from the Pentagon.

The explosive revelation about the anomaly, located at the epicenter of recent seismic activity in East Antarctica, prompted an immediate denial from the Defense Department and feverish speculation among members of the international intelligence and archeological communities.

"If it’s something the U.S. military has constructed down there, then they’re violating the international Antarctic Treaty," said an aide to Nicole Fontaine, the European Parliament’s French president who in the past has accused the U.S. of spying on European citizens. "If not, then it’s something that’s at least 12,000 years old, which is how long ice has covered Antarctica. That would make it the oldest man-made structure on the planet. The Pentagon should heed the calls of Congress and release whatever it’s hiding."

The existence of the classified satellite image was reported this week by an unidentified federal agent who infiltrated the Pentagon last year during a General Accounting Office audit of lax security at 19 government installations. The sting operation, in which federal investigators carrying fake law enforcement credentials penetrated the FBI, CIA and State Department, was similar to one several years ago that embarrassed the Clinton Administration and prompted the hearings on Capitol Hill.

Source: The Atlantis Mapping Project

[edit on 13-11-2006 by Pontifex]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
trimmed big cut/paste and added 'ex' tags

[edit on 13/11/06 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This thread reminds me of "Ice station" by Matthew Reilly!
Fascinating Information Pontifex!

Yet another D U M B has been revealed maybe.

Or maybe its "Aliens VS Predator"?
Good stuff.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Even more info:

@lantisTV is denying reports that one of its news crews has captured footage of spectacular ancient ruins in Antarctica and that the company itself is backed by the CIA.
Appearing on national radio's "Coast-to-Coast AM" program recently, @lantisTV CEO Thomas Greanias tried to put to rest rumors that a secret U.S. military expedition has discovered an ancient pyramid-temple complex two miles beneath the ice in Antarctica.

More info: The Atlantis Mapping Project
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
replaced quote with 'ex' tags

[edit on 13/11/06 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Although this is a great subject,I am starting to think this is purely an advertising campaign for the book on the website.
Find me some other links on more reputable websites please.
I HATE viral marketing BTW...So I would love it if you could show me evidence to the contrary,

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Most interesting, similar to the plot for alien vs predator. Only reasons to keep this secret, eith Alien or something human which shatters all known precedents.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pontifex
A film team from ...dream... productions was captured somewhere in Antarctica by some black suited military men (similar to the navy seals)

Huh?
They're in black suits, and that makes them similar to the....navy seals??

Could this be an alien civilization cover-up ?

Could be anything.

Could it be posssible that due to the climatic changes something that was formerly hidden under the ice is revealed now ?

Antarctica used to be ice free. There are, for example, dinosaur fossils from antarctica.
However, it's been covered with ice for an extremely long time. Its extremely unlikely that there are any civilized remians there. THere might be artifacts from humans that ventured out to antarctica in the past, maybe at most small settlements that died out.

mazzroth
Sounds very familiar to the movie "The Thing" by Carpenter.

Good movie. It was, btw, a remake. The older was the same story, except 'the thing' was more 'plantlike'.

Try using lake, antarctic and drilling in a search. If I remember right they found these lakes by drilling. I also believe the project went underground and nobody wants to talk about it for some reason

There are projects studying the ice lakes, they are not secret, the results are published in public journals. Lake Vostok is probably the most famous on. These are masses of thick ice on land, at the bottom of which there is water. The fascinating thing is that there are bacteria alive under all that.

silicone synapse
Although this is a great subject,I am starting to think this is purely an advertising campaign for the book on the website.

Indeed, the fact that they jumped all over the report of film crews being hastled by the CIA, when no one can even find those reports now, is suggestive.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I also heard that the people that created the Holocaust had/has a secret base thier ... and that they went there during the last years of the WAR .... Anyways ...

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I don't want to say too much because I don't want to get anyone in trouble, however, I have it on good authority from someone that spends a lot of his time on Antarctica that 'something' happened there that was 'incredible' and that he was not supposed to talk about it.

Now, this could be many things, granted, but his insistance on secrecy was out of the ordinary. The correspondance that I had with him was second hand, as he is not someone I know myself, but a friend of a member of my family. There are also images that were sent in this message, but I have not had the interest in viewing them, and the member of my family that possesses them would have informed me of anything overtly out of the ordinary.

From the information I have now, no further messages have been recieved from this person. I'm not saying it's Aliens, or Atlantis, or Nazis, but something secretive IS going on down there.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Bob Borino, in his article, 'UFO BASES FOUND IN ANTARCTICA'
(Globe, Jan. 18, 1983) quotes from certain scientists who believe
that a subterranean UFO Base is located beneath the strange
'Polynya Sea' in the Antarctica's Weddell Sea region.

Source: www.thewatcherfiles.com...

Atlantis Under Antarctica?
www.ufoarea.com...

Ruins of Kadath found in Antarctica?
www.ufoarea.com...

Ancient hi-tech "city" nicknamed "Rainbow City"
www.think-aboutit.com...

Britain's Secret War in Antarctica
www.nexusmagazine.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You know what's funny is that the government used to use UFO ... as scary tactics to keep people away and as time has gone by we now ... are so intrigued with the governments lies that we have started our own Lies !!! Only bad thing about that is for the government ... and that they have to cover up lies with Lies ...

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Here are other examples for "ancient sites that appear to be very old are shut down or quickly buried by the host governments. Why?"

Link

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pontifex
Here are other examples for "ancient sites that appear to be very old are shut down or quickly buried by the host governments. Why?"

Link

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join