It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you vote?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
We've seen the political bashing from both sides for quite awhile now. However, today is the day for U.S. citizens to stand up and be counted. You have an opinion, strong or otherwise, back it up with a vote!

The flip side of this is that from now on I'm going to ask all those with political comments, "Did you vote?"

If the answer is "yes", then let's proceed with the discussion.

If you couldn't be bothered with taking the time and making the effort to vote, then IMO you have forfeited your right to spout your opinions on this or any other forum.

It's still early. Put your vote where your mouth (or keyboard) is. I did.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I have not voted yet, but I plan to do so this evening.

Also, I have read about several instances where there are already problems with the electronic voting machines. Since this is a conspiracy site, I will be very interested in seeing the results of the states encountering these problems. Especially if the group of states include the 8 or 9 senate races that are very, very close and a must win for both parties.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I voted. Just got back from a little stroll to our voting place, the firehall, and a stop at the post office. I saw about 4-5 other voters there and they said over 100 had shown up out of almost 800 registered here, so far. That's for the whole township, not just my little village.

My sister voted (next town over), and my mom is going this evening. When she can stand on the sidewalk and visit with people. 5 pm seems to have the heaviest traffic around these parts.

It was simple enough and the committee told me that they do get a printout at the end of the night. To compare against the registration lists/voter rolls. So long as those numbers square up, I'm satisfied. If that's true why would they say there is no paper trail?

Gonna be a great night, can't wait to see the People fire the Republicans--Rick Santorum specifically in my case.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by psyopswatcher]

MMP

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
We've seen the political bashing from both sides for quite awhile now.

Which is why I don't post here much.

However, I did manage to vote. My only concern is that my vote actually counts and the tallying machine doesn't have any issues.

[edit on 11/7/2006 by MMP]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Yeah,I voted.

As I have said over and over, as long as there are only two major political parties in contention,I don't think there is apt to be much change. But,yeah,I thought it my civic duty to vote anyway.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm going to go within the next hour or so, the polls are open pretty late here in NYC.

Straight GOP ticket.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yes, I have voted. No troubles with voting machines in this town.

Many people say they don't vote because there isn't much difference in the two top candidates. Some say they "vote" for the lesser evil.

I am a Republican, that is to say that I don't believe in everything the republicans stand for, only that there is more in their platform that I approve than in the democrat platforms.

My thought are that Americans ignore their best choices by not voting in the primaries. We could make a difference there. Some good people without name recognition or money bags do run. When I pick out one of these good people I am bombarded with those who tell me that I will be "wasting" my vote. This is a self-fulfulling prophecy.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I have voted now, my mother's at the precinct now voting straight GOP too.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yeah, many can guess how I voted, I'm sure.

And if all the democrat's election fraud theories are true, the Republicans have got nothing to worry about.

Right?

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Kinda...

I used a machine, which makes whether or not I voted a subject of serious speculation.

Beyond that, I 2 members of the American Independent Party and 2 Libertarians for local offices... I know full well that I would have gotten just as much benefit out of blowing my nose on that part of the ballot. I didn't consider it so much a vote as an "ef you" to the local party office concerning a few positions of limited importance.

Since my ticket was pretty much split on the state offices though, I think it's a fair bet that at least half of my selections will be counted... which half depends on who rigged the machine I used.

Edit to add: DJ, you'll save yourself a lot of time if you just add "I vote straight GOP" to your sig. Actually... you could save even more time by making the reasonably safe assumption that most of us could have guessed that. Not knocking it really, just making an observation that you tend to be pretty staunch.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by The Vagabond]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Well, I voted. I have yet to miss an election, primary or general, since I became voting age (a decade ago).

I even vote in the boring local elections in off years!

Why? Because I honestly believe that it is very difficult to take any citizen's complaints seriously if that citizen doesn't vote. I am a bit of a loudmouth when it comes to criticizing politicians and I really don't think that I could take myself seriously if i just whined and didn't vote.

All citizens of every democracy should vote, it's what makes democracy.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Absolutely did vote!

Even rented a car, to bring others that needed to vote out that couldn't go on their own, since my car is in the shop.

I get license to complain now?

At least this will now change the chapter we were working through, and enter a new one with a change of faces.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
yup, did my civic duty.

and for this:

Originally posted by centurion1211
If you couldn't be bothered with taking the time and making the effort to vote, then IMO you have forfeited your right to spout your opinions on this or any other forum.

.....you get my last WATS for the month.

just said the same thing a couple of hours ago on another thread.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
NO.

I am moderate mostly anyways.. does not matter to me who wins.. I know nothing will change.. I know Dems don't actually have a plan for Iraq.. I know even if they did and anything else they pass would get a big ol veto. We did not change the government so much as stall it in my opinion..

I am just glad those pathetic political commercials are gone.. every last one of those nasty devilish fools should be fired for the adds this season.. just horribly sad..

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I am just glad those pathetic political commercials are gone..

I should make a bumper sticker that says that.

I like in New York City so I've had to suffer with our local commercials and the commercials from CT and NJ (which were really vulgar).

Boy am I glad that's over. Horrible... it was literally 2 commercials for politicians every 10 minutes.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Boy am I glad that's over. Horrible... it was literally 2 commercials for politicians every 10 minutes.

Agreed, I think we can all agree that it is nice for this to be over. Being in a state with William Jefferson (aka Mr. "I keep 100 grand in my freezer"), the commercials were messy.

Secondly, I did not vote for that moron. I still can't believe he ran with that going on. :shk:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I voted.
We have lever machines in my town. THey're been around since my grand-dad was voting. They still work. Hopefully we won't get those stupid electronic machines.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I voted.
We have lever machines in my town. THey're been around since my grand-dad was voting. They still work. Hopefully we won't get those stupid electronic machines.

I read that when you said it somewhere else today on ATS/PTS. I haven't seen one of those machines in quite a while, but I tell you what, I would prefer to have one of those. Sure would beat so many questions with the electronic machines.

Alas, I am just happy that I was able to vote. I enjoy voting days so much! Feels good to be part of something larger.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I voted.

You really should put a word in with the county about buying one if they are ever retired. If you get lucky they'll need them back some day if we get sick of the electronic machines, but if they don't that works out well too... you can start a little "Museum of Democracy" and put them right next to the civil flag, and the constitution and charge big bucks for admission to those among us who eventually get nostalgic for the quasi-free atmosphere, however illusory, that permiated the better parts of the 20th century.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Yes I voted. In my small village the electronic machines were replaced by paper ballots. I liked the change as I feel there is less chance of vote tampering, but not much.

I honestly can't say I voted for anyone; but I voted against those canidates I deemed corrupt and arrogant; there were plenty of them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join