It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can plasma weapons possibly become a feasible idea or will they remain in the world of science ficti

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by foreskin_of_liberty
Nikola Tesla was the first to my knowledge to concive the idea of plasma weaponry
and in this video there is two incidents of of plasma weaponry being used to shoot at UFOs
video.google.ca...
sorry i dont rembor the exact times in the movie, but the movie is very informative

Thats kinda bad cause I thought Tesla invented the electrial flying
machine (ufo) and using the same technology to knock it out seem
like Tesla's Revenge in a big way.

Of course we know and tell every one that we are not supposed to
shoot at ufos, that they are under Air Force official no hit list.

Due to the Mantell case and other circumstances.

I'll see what these film makers are up to, having a few normal
courses in physics myself I'll see if its nonsense.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Nikola Tesla was the first to my knowledge to concive the idea of plasma weaponry
and in this video there is two incidents of of plasma weaponry being used to shoot at UFOs
video.google.ca...
sorry i dont rembor the exact times in the movie, but the movie is very informative

it is a hour in the film

I just started at the 55 min mark and a fire ball, lightning ball, just
came by. Notice the bright line diameter. You know that is the bottom
of your ufo that indicates the spiral coil edge, just work out the mag
field and you got a sphere of captured electrons. Neat way to travel
or is it.

Is it based on two lightning bolts ZZ of potentials?

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
There were so many ideas not based on Lyne's theory that I can't
agree on 55min to !:05 except he mentioned Tesla's patents.

Our technology, chips and things, most likely up graded the ufo
navigation systems.

Lasar beams have been sent through telescopes to bounce off the
moon.

The ufo pilots seem to know whats going on with our space program,
they listen to the radio or get inside information on coordinates.
Circle formations are well known.
Orbs caught near earth travel on google satellite:
www.eyepod.org...
The straight line paths are plotted.

Thunderstorms are a problem because with big spiral coils on
the floor the will jump around, so they go above the storm.
Imagine what an idea that energy is being absorbed, they are
under their own power, atomic like the sun with Helium.

Plasma cones:

[edit on 12/9/2006 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
First you have to ask yourself "Why would we need plasma weapons?"

Well i believe it's for the same reason we no longer use spears and or slings? Initiative tends to stay with those that can act first and having your weapons effects arriving faster on your enemy than his reaches your line is a massive tactical if not strategic advantage that might give you the initiative even if you started without it!

Really, whats the advantage over conventional weapons? Why would you need a plasma sword nowadays?

One advantage of laser and plasma weapons are that they are all energy weapons and it these weapons could be miniaturized it would probably greatly ease logistics as you can probably start small and scale up the energy generator/battery so that every weapon system can recharge or operate from a standardized system .. Back in the days of spears and slings you could literally supply yourself from the field but that is no help when the other side uses bows and other steel weaponry by managing to supply themselves from a central production place by means of a logistical network.

Those who are willing to accept the organizational and logistical challenges inherent in bringing their best technology to the point of contact might gain parity or even advantage when such would not have been possible before. Since it it is mostly the strong who are in the best position to experiment it normally means they can gain such a advantage that they simply deter aggression against their interest.

There really isn't any point to it at all. They'll do more collateral damage and wound unnecessarily.

Well we really do not have that kind of specific information so not sure where your getting your ideas from.

Stellar

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
It'd be difficult to get a working plasma weapon inside an atmosphere.

Why?

[FBIS Translated Text] The press reported in very considerable detail on the April 1993 meeting of the presidents of the USA and Russia in Vancouver. But one thing remains not entirely clear: Had Boris Yeltsin proposed to his American friend the idea of carrying out the major experiment "Doveriye" ("Trust") in the vicinity of Kwajelein Atoll, initiating a joint effort to create a global antimissile defense system. It was not until summer of that year that 21ST CENTURY SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, the well-informed journal of the American military-industrial complex, finally informed us that there had in fact been a conversation on this topic between the presidents. What did the politicians talk about? What kind of experiment is this?

For practical purposes plasma weapons have already been created in Russia. Their action is based on focusing beams of electromagnetic energy produced by laser or microwave radiation into the upper layers of the atmosphere. These beams would be able to defeat any target flying at supersonic or near-sonic speeds in the near future. A cloud of highly ionized air arises at the focus of the laser or microwave rays, at an altitude of up to 50 kilometers. Upon entering it, any object--a missile, an airplane, is deflected from its trajectory and disintegrates in response to the fantastic overloads arising due to the abrupt pressure difference between the surface and interior of the flying body. What is fundamental in this case is that the energy aimed by the terrestrial components of the plasma weapon--lasers and antennas--is concentrated not at the target itself but a little ahead of it. Rather than "incinerating" the missile or airplane, it "bumps" it out of trajectory.

According to dependable information our scientific proving ground has already conducted tests in which a projectile flying through plasma discharges was deflected from its normal trajectory and self-destructed.

www.globalsecurity.org...

At least with our current technology. Space based plasma weapons, say from an Orbital to Surface bombardment platform would probably work, with devastating consequences.

The high ground has just shifted into space and IMO probably the Moon as well.

I doubt they'd be any better then coherent wave weapons or mass drivers though.

Mass drivers do have the kind of speed limitations you do not benefit by in the military sense.

Stellar

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I was reading WIZARD a book about Tesla and found a good type
of ray gun that was a model stored by Tesla.

Some one named Trump head of MIT High Voltage Van De Graf
genertors was in charge of technical evaluations of Tesla's effects.

Upon the storage of the model Tesla warned not to touch the device
or it would cause damage. Upon opening the storage area the
employees tookoff.

I think it was the Hotel Governor Clinton valt.

Instead of a cardboard or rubber belt ions were circulated in an
airsteam giving 60 million volts.

On top of a tower was the gun that ripped off particles from a tungsten
wire that were sent moved at 400 000 feet per second.

There was a company the traded with Russia that is suspect in
obtaining Some of Tesla's inventions, it sent equipment to Russia
for fur and caviar.

Early on around WWI, the secrecy of Tesla' devices were a concern.

With devices of such high voltage and the ability to shape E & M fields
the idea of levitation and level motion of a self contained device
has been theorized by author Lyne.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Secret Space at google see 59min in or part 4

UFOs swim by Space Lab as pointed out by member on a similar
space weapons thread, the shooting at ufos not mentioned yet but
should be in this video.

Some how my fav links need to be reconstructed.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

www.theregister.co.uk...

I think plasma weapons are already here.

That's actually real. We got to diddle around with an earlier version of it called PIKL.

Originally posted by esdad71
I thought I remembered reading that they were attempting to add some type of plasma or EMP weapon to the JSF, the F 35. I think we will see this technology in our lifetime on the battlefield.

There's a plasma IED detonator called the Ionatron. Pretty much the only thing I've seen make it to field trials. You couldn't mount it on an airframe, it takes up a semi trailer.

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
I'd like to add that we have the equivelent of a lightning gun. Best of all it's invisable when it dicharges. It's a rifle that shoots a powerful IR laser down field to the target. The laser beam ionises the air in it's path creating a conductive conduit for electricity to flow freely down once introduced.

That would be a UV laser, IR ones don't have the energy to ionize air. I have seen this one also and I think the 300 foot number is a "we think we can get it up to" instead of a "we did it already". Also heinously bad on power consumption.

The issue with plasma weapons is, what does it gain you, which I think Kacen mentioned already. If you have a PEP derivative weapon for anti-personnel work, and it costs half a million bucks to knock people down at 300 yards, and takes a diesel generator on a Humvee to power it, then I already have an M82A1 in my gun safe that will do better at 1800 meters. It cost the gubmint about 10K and can mangle you at 6 times the distance for $2 a cartridge. It's self-powered, man portable and really hard to break. You can't say that for a plasma weapon.

That said, there are plasma bloom weapons that are worked on here and there and get funded a lot. It's more PIKLish than PEPish. You can knock missiles apart in the atmosphere by banging plasma blooms up and down the side of the boost vehicle like thumping it with a hammer. But I don't know if it's what you're thinking about when you say "plasma weapon", because you're most likely thinking Terminator or Star Wars.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
interview with Tom Bearden

Hear it but I don't believe it. Beam Weapons.

Too powerful and way out of control, if Tesla was fearing it then
mostly everyone else is.

No evidence since Tunguska.

More evidence for UFOs.

Aliens and ET are in the world of Harry Potter, and beams
might as well be there as well. Chem trails too, who sprays
miles up in the air. Its plane or UFO exhaust, kind of thick
though and lingering.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
interview with Tom Bearden

Hear it but I don't believe it. Beam Weapons.

Why do you not believe it when it's now widely admitted that the leading world powers have been employing them in military roles since the 70's?

Too powerful and way out of control, if Tesla was fearing it then
mostly everyone else is.

Tesla were not talking about 'beam weapons' as such and his ideas are quite a bit more 'exotic'...

No evidence since Tunguska.

Why not rather state that you have not seen evidence since 'Tunguska' while explaining why you think that was evidence of beam weapons testing?

More evidence for UFOs.

Why drag that into something we have actual data for?

Aliens and ET are in the world of Harry Potter, and beams
might as well be there as well.

I think the history of the planet Earth tells us quite clearly that we were not alone then and are most y certainly not so now. Beam weapons are something one can discuss in quite factual terms so i wonder why you group it with less well established realities...

Chem trails too, who sprays
miles up in the air. Its plane or UFO exhaust, kind of thick
though and lingering.

Whatever.

Stellar

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Too Right BassPLYR.

Anyone whos messed around with Tesla Coils,Argon gas and the like knows how to make the basics of a plasma discharge,albeit not a weapon.
You can create plasma really easily with a "jacobs ladder" type jobbie.
As the high voltage arc ionises the air by super heating,plasma is the result.
With a limitless black budget,the possibilities are staggering.

You don't need a jacobs lader, high voltage, gas or anything labish to play with Plasma.

A microwave and a grape is all you need.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
actually some swat teams are planning on using a suitcase like lightning gun that can be placed near a door or window and knock out any suspect trying to escape

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: foreskin_of_liberty

I am 52 years old and have been designing and building my mad inventions most of my life.

I started contemplating a plasma gun about five years ago.... I designed and began construction and after some time of deliberation I decided to use a shock tube configuration.

it consisted of a charging circuit and a capacitor bank fired by an S.C.R discharging between two drilled graphite rods, wich are holding a magnesium wire inside a tea shaped burst disc sealed chamber it is holding back a high vacuum held inside a tapering barrell also fitted with a burst disk at the end an intersecting tea junction is fitted just before the end Birst disc to allow a vacuum to be drawn, a pipe leading to an on off gas tap so the vacuum can be housed and the vacuum pump used can be used to draw a vacuum inside a hydrogen generator system I also designed, it pumps both hydrogen and oxygen through a flashback arrester into the detonation chamber, it's a pretty cool design.

When the h2o2 detonates inside a partial vacuum it's gas is exellerated and expands at higher velocity.

The plasma of the detonating wire super heats the gas vapourizing the birst disc and adding to the gas volume.,now the gas is folded by a holed ceramic disc fitted in the birst disc cavity, folded to a vortex it is drawn into the vacuum by expansion and retraction the rotation of the vortex is compressed as the vortex moves forward down the barrel, reduced by the barrels shape rotational speed increases it's heat by friction and reductional compression.

A railgun consisting of four separate graphite rods assembled in the barrel with like poles facing each other and there connections at the front to cause the plasma's front to rear rotation be exellerated backwards.

It vaporises through the last burst disc the plasma heat is contained in a vacuum formed as the air is expelled.

P's i haven't fired mine as the construction could be unsafe and likely illegal,

quite a few of my designs are for viewing only as they are quite scary and potentially dangerous I designed a generator which resembles a naquda generator off Stargate it's so cool I called it heat 4 free, but the idear is a runaway reaction but containment issues caused much concern so it is shelved..!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join