It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clipper
Does anyone here think the verdict was deliberately timed to give Bush a boost in the midterms?

Nope why would the Bush admin want the focus to be placed back onto Iraq ?

Will Sunday's "pre-election surprise" do the same? I doubt it
He pointed out that the lawlessness of Saddam Hussein's rule had now been replaced by the rule of law - and then he delivered the punch line: "Had it not been for the sacrifice of our men and women in uniform, this verdict would never have happened."

I don't think any sane American would dispute this assertion. But one morsel of "good news" doesn't make a loaf

When military "in-house" magazines, more comfortable with cheerleading, call for the scalps of their bosses in the middle of an unpopular war, you know you have a problem.

Welcome to the season of bitter verdicts!

link

The above article is spot on IMO. There isnt much else I can other then that.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
Am I the only one who doesn't agree with this sentence? Fair enough, he isn't exactly the nicest of people, but two wrongs don't make a right. Besides, Blair and Bush have commited crimes against humanity, I don't see anybody asking for a trial against them.

Saddam's sentence should have been life in prison, not an easy escape.

I agree, no matter what we don't have the right to take a life regardless of what crimes were committed. I also agree that we package up so called 'legitimate' murder and think that is OK - it isn't. It makes those who have passed this sentence no better than Saddam.

Vengeance for vengeance sake.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   

In 2016, after Israel accidently nukes the green zone,
Saddam Hussein is moved to the Tower of London
and awaits the court's ruling of his 30th appeal.

Saddam says, "Nice view here, but the filet mignon
tastes like old dairy cow and the wine is very flat."

UN calls for fair Saddam appeal

[edit on 6-11-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Has any one else read the articles purporting to show that the man on trial as "Saddam Hussein" is actually an imposter? There is precedent for this as Saddam famously had many doubles in his employ.

Just look at this picture. There is definately dental anomalies here.

For a detailed account of the case for casting doubt over this actually being Saddam Hussein please read this article

[edit on 6/11/06 by subz]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Has any one else read the articles purporting to show that the man on trial as "Saddam Hussein" is actually an imposter?

Sure I have read them. I have also read that they confirmed the individual who was captured was in fact Saddam via DNA.

DNA Confirms Saddam in Custody

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
DNA tests carried out by the same people accused of putting an imposter on trial?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I've always said this isnt the real Saddam.

DNA tests given by the US military.

Right.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well, we all know that Saddam had "Stunt Doubles":

So How do we know, that the one US forces Captured is the Right One - Apart from beliving the US military, who says that DNA does match.

A quick Question about the DNA - does the US Military have DNA samples of all World DICK-tators and Tyrantts that they sponsored?

The Many Faces of Saddam Hussein

We have all seen Saddam Hussein on TV. His smiling visage seems to stand out in stark contrast to the more than one million people that he has killed, some of whom were personally shot by Saddam Hussein himself. Saddam Hussein has even killed his own grandchildren.

But now, German scientists have established that the Saddam Hussein we see on TV is not the real Saddam Hussein. Saddam Hussein has at least three doubles. Which one is Saddam Hussein?

ZDF said it was difficult to tell which were the doubles and which was the real Saddam Hussein. Minor details such as the size of the ears, hands and shape of the shoulders gave the lookalikes away, ZDF said. "They have apparently undergone surgery to appear to look like the statesman," ZDF said. "The doubles have mastered Saddam's gestures and perfectly mimic Saddam, with only tiny details separating them from the real Saddam Hussein."

IS THIS SADDAM HUSSEIN?

IS THIS SADDAM HUSSEIN?

IS THIS SADDAM HUSSEIN?

IS THIS SADDAM HUSSEIN?

ARE THIS SADDAM HUSSEIN?

IS THIS SADDAM HUSSEIN?

Soooooooooooo, how do we Know?

So what does His Wife say?

Saddam's Double, Not Saddam, Was 'Captured'

She was the first of Hussein's relatives to meet with the ex-leader of Iraq at a new place, at the American military base in Qatar. Accompanied by Sheikh Hamad Al-Tani, Sajida Heiralla Tuffah has arrived from Syria on his private jet in the end of March.

The outcome of their meeting turned out to be quite scandalous. Sajina claims that the person she encountered was not her husband, but his double.

If someone were to say for sure that it was not insinuation, it would have been easy to believe the wife with a 25-year experience. It is also possible to assume that Saddam has simply changed since the day of his sons' deaths, June 24 2003. This however is highly unlikely.

Do we trust Saddam's closest Relatives - or positive DNA Test, performed by US Military, and ask ourselves, where did they get the DNA sample, with which they can compare and confirm, that the Man who is about to get Hanged is the REAL Saddam?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
That man we saw in court is not going to be hanged. That was an actor.

Some chump off the street will get to wear the black hood.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If they don't broadcast his hanging, or even provide pictures, how will we know what happened? There are already those who believe a 'stunt double' has been used ever since he was found in the hole hideaway. If there is no visual evidence, we won't know if ANYONE was hanged, let alone the real Saddam.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Sure I have read them. I have also read that they confirmed the individual who was captured was in fact Saddam via DNA.

DNA tests carried out by the same people accused of putting an imposter on trial?

So all I need to do to invalidate a defendant is to question his identity?

Originally posted by please_takemyrights
If they don't broadcast his hanging, or even provide pictures, how will we know what happened?

Did you see JFK's body? How do we know he is dead?

[edit on 6-11-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

If it can be proven that the defendant isnt actually the defendant then it's pretty safe to say it would invalidate the trial of said defendant, yes.

However this case is different as the motive behind the trial is not a standard criminal trial brought by a dispassionate legal system. The document I linked to charges that teh Saddam on trial is a psy-op engineered to bolster the US efforts in Iraq and subdue and demoralize Saddam loyalists. He charges that the man on trial is being bribed by the MOSSAD to impersonate Saddam in return for a hefty sum of money.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

His lawyers are no fools jsobecky. If they thought for one minute it was not him they would demand to have his DNA tested by independent authorities, just to prove their point, which would make the court look like fools.

But that has not happened has it? :shk:

Me thinks some people have had their tin foil hats on too long and need to take them off so oxygen can get to their brain.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
They're killing each other over there because of the verdict, and its not happiness.

Shots at each other are different than shots in the air!!! Celebration? my #

That mock trial, bogus as all getout, was just that, to make people think his "own" decided to hang him.

Those people may be 3rd world, but they aint stupid.

And where does JFK come into all this? What a silly analogy, sorry.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   

His lawyers are no fools jsobecky. If they thought for one minute it was not him they would demand to have his DNA tested by independent authorities, just to prove their point, which would make the court look like fools.

Hmm which lawyers would they be? The ones that are locked out of the trial for months on end or the ones that are assassinated? Yet another hmm, how likely is it that a lawyer appointed by this "Saddam" would be inclined to discredit their own client's claim? Would the fake Saddam tell their own counsel, "Hey I hired you, but im not actually Saddam Hussein, im a fake. Blow open this charade, that I am an integral part of, for me please!"

Or did the real Saddam manage to hire a lawyer for the fake "Saddam" that's working for those who deposed him? With the MOSSAD and the Americans gleefully allowing such a wildcard into their stage managed court room?

Or, bear with me here, is the lawyer just some one hired to defend one of the World's most famous mass murderers who would have no reason to believe their client was an imposter? Who also would not be prompted into thinking it's all a sham since the imposter is actually apart of the charade? Just a thought.

But that has not happened has it? :shk:

Me thinks some people have had their tin foil hats on too long and need to take them off so oxygen can get to their brain.

Thank God my tinfoil hat doesnt interefere with my logic skills

[edit on 6/11/06 by subz]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
w0w...

why would a stunt double want to be tried / hung for something he didn't do, especially when iraq has fallen and etc???

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

So what does His Wife say?

Saddam's Double, Not Saddam, Was 'Captured'

She was the first of Hussein's relatives to meet with the ex-leader of Iraq at a new place, at the American military base in Qatar. Accompanied by Sheikh Hamad Al-Tani, Sajida Heiralla Tuffah has arrived from Syria on his private jet in the end of March.

Do we trust Saddam's closest Relatives - or positive DNA Test, performed by US Military, and ask ourselves, where did they get the DNA sample, with which they can compare and confirm, that the Man who is about to get Hanged is the REAL Saddam?

Two things wrong with that assumption Souljah.

1. I do believe, there was a warrant out for his wife's arrest as well as his daughters. So it is highly doubtful the Russian story is accurate simply because if she had gone to see him she would have been arrested.

2. His wife hired 20 lawyers to defend him, something one would hardly do if it were his double as is alleged.

[edit on 11/6/2006 by shots]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
w0w...

why would a stunt double want to be tried / hung for something he didn't do, especially when iraq has fallen and etc???

The premise is not that he's doing this for Saddam, but at the behest of the Americans and the MOSSAD who want to demoralize Saddam's loyalists in the Fedayeen who are those responsible for the bulk of the insurgency.

The premise also states that the fake "Saddam" is doing it for money. But I would also not rule out coercion. How hard would it be for Americans to explain away the death of an entire family in war-torn Iraq? Be imaginative here. "I want you to play the part of Saddam and we'll give you $2million. If you dont we'll blow your entire family to bits".

What would you do in the fake "Saddam's" place?

Also who says that this "Saddam" will actually die? Isnt it the norm to put a bag over their head? Also have you not heard PM Tony Blair say that he "opposes the death penalty for Saddam or any one else"? Oh dear...

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

The premise is not that he's doing this for Saddam, but at the behest of the Americans and the MOSSAD who want to demoralize Saddam's loyalists in the Fedayeen who are those responsible for the bulk of the insurgency.

i thought that the premise was just that "saddam hussein" was "sentenced to death"

that is the title of the thread anyway...

allow me to ask another question (or two):

where is the real saddam???

did the US not find him yet???

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Has any one else read the articles purporting to show that the man on trial as "Saddam Hussein" is actually an imposter?

Looks like the same Saddam to me and there's some super hi-res trial photos at Getty and the DoD. Hi-res pre-invasion photos aren't on the net and the low-res could be already photoshopped, airbrushed or retouched too.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join