It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing through your eyelids

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Sometimes at night when I try to go to sleep this happens. I will close my eyes, and moments later I will see through them. Even though its dark, or even pitch black, it doesnt effect my vision when this happens. Theres a dark tent to it, but I can still see clearly. If I move too much, it will go away, but sometimes Im able to touch my eyes, or put my hand over them, which I cant see.
Another thing, alot of the time this happens, Im seeing stuff that I shouldnt be able to see. When I open my eyes Im looking at something else, but when they were closed I was seeing something I would need to move my head to see. Its the same dark tented vison I have when seeing directly through my eyelids, so I think its the same thing. Sometimes this happens so that Im seeing things in a diffrent room, and not even in the one Im in.
Now this has happened to me for a long time, but just last night it was getting crazy on me. As soon as I closed my eyes, it happened. I would open them, noticed I was seeing one thing but facing another direction. Stuff like that all night.
It doesnt bother me, I find it intresting, and wanna get better at it, but I wanna know what it is.
I have tried to read about it before, and I think it could have something to do with astral projection, or remote viewing. I have had an out of body experience twice when I was really young that I still remember. I believe Im somewhat psychic. It comes and goes, but when it comes so does this seeing through eyes thing. Im hoping I can get a solid answer here.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
maybe you have holes in your eyelids! XD haha i crack myself up. well you might be falling asleep instantly and having vivid lucid dreams.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I've experienced a similar thing on a number of occassions. It's especially noticeable if you've had your eyes closed for a long time and then open them for a couple seconds and look at something that's well lit. When I close my eyes again you can still see the shapes/lines of the thing you were just looking at.

It's kinda like monitor burn. I'm not familiar with the science behind it, but you're not alone.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I've had it 5 times about 5 or 6 years ago. I would lie down, and my mind would chatter like crazy. Then suddenly everything would stop, and it would be still in my head, except for a soft ringing. Then my eyelids would brighten up, and I would be able to look around the room I'm in with my eyes closed.

The funny part is that sometimes I would see things that aren't there. The first time it happened, I saw an image on my computer monitor (can't really remember what anymore) it shocked me so much when I realised my eyelids where still closed that I opened them for real. I then noticed that I was half sitting up looking at the monitor, while my physical body was still lying down.

Another time I saw a green fan (ventilator) that I threw away years before. So apparently it's etheric print was still there. Also it was so loud as if there was at least a 6.0 earthquake going on. Obviously there was none in the physical world at the time, so I guess it was the vibrations people have often when they are very close to having an OOBE.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
sounds like a combination of a psychological condition, a sleeping disorder, photographic memory, and retina burn.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeH PwNeR
maybe you have holes in your eyelids! XD haha i crack myself up. well you might be falling asleep instantly and having vivid lucid dreams.
Im pretty sure Im not asleep, about as sure as I can be.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
I've had it 5 times about 5 or 6 years ago. I would lie down, and my mind would chatter like crazy. Then suddenly everything would stop, and it would be still in my head, except for a soft ringing. Then my eyelids would brighten up, and I would be able to look around the room I'm in with my eyes closed.

The funny part is that sometimes I would see things that aren't there. The first time it happened, I saw an image on my computer monitor (can't really remember what anymore) it shocked me so much when I realised my eyelids where still closed that I opened them for real. I then noticed that I was half sitting up looking at the monitor, while my physical body was still lying down.

Another time I saw a green fan (ventilator) that I threw away years before. So apparently it's etheric print was still there. Also it was so loud as if there was at least a 6.0 earthquake going on. Obviously there was none in the physical world at the time, so I guess it was the vibrations people have often when they are very close to having an OOBE.
That sounds like what happens to me sorta. Though everything I see is still there, as If the only thing not normal is my eyes are closed and sometimes Im not facing in the right direction. Iv never noticed my ears ringing really.

[edit on 3-11-2006 by JohnDoe43]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
This occurs many times with me. I haven't figured out why, but I'm assuming that when you fully close your eye lids, they spread out more, causing the layer rested over your eyes to become thinner, which means it's much easier to pick up any amount of light in the room.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I'd look into OBE's more and see if you can take it any further.. pick a card at random and put it on your bedside cabnet and see if you can identify it when this happens again.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by prototism
sounds like a combination of a psychological condition, a sleeping disorder, photographic memory, and retina burn.
I dont think I have a psychological condition, though I guess its possible. I guess I could have a sleeping disorder, as I stay up pretty late since Im not working currently. Problem with that is, when I was working, I still had this happen to me. I dont think I have a photographic memory, because though I remember things well, my memory is not that good. I dont see how it could be retina burn either, as Im not seeing things I was staring at(like my tv). Im seeing things like the light above me, or the window to my side, or my bedroom door, and it isnt just an outline of the object. Its like Im really looking at, just with my eyes closed.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
This occurs many times with me. I haven't figured out why, but I'm assuming that when you fully close your eye lids, they spread out more, causing the layer rested over your eyes to become thinner, which means it's much easier to pick up any amount of light in the room.
That would make sense. Last night when this happened to me, it felt like I was opening my eyes when it happened. Like when you try to peek your eyes open. Problem is, when I opened my eyes I was facing in another direction, or would need my face to be tilted in order to see what I saw. I dont get it.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clarky
I'd look into OBE's more and see if you can take it any further.. pick a card at random and put it on your bedside cabnet and see if you can identify it when this happens again.
I might try that, and I will look into OBE's more. Problem is I really cant control this. I cant make it happen on will, I cant change what Im looking at. Its random. Sometimes I see what ever is in front of me, sometimes I see things I would need to turn my head to see, other times it is in a different room. If I learn to control it though, I will try that.

[edit on 3-11-2006 by JohnDoe43]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by amehrich
I've experienced a similar thing on a number of occassions. It's especially noticeable if you've had your eyes closed for a long time and then open them for a couple seconds and look at something that's well lit. When I close my eyes again you can still see the shapes/lines of the thing you were just looking at.

It's kinda like monitor burn. I'm not familiar with the science behind it, but you're not alone.

What you explain is seeing the after images. Nothing special there.

In the past I have been looking through my eyelids. You're not looking with your physical eyes simple because you shifted slightly out of it.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
This has happened to me, but only once. And I wasn't going to sleep at the time. I had set up a Psi field in front of me, and programmed it as a tripwire of sorts. Then, the elevator door closed in front of me. I heard it, but I could also see it move across the space where my Psi Field was.

Afterwards I just opened my eyes and thought it was cool.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
In the past I have been looking through my eyelids. You're not looking with your physical eyes simple because you shifted slightly out of it.
Im not sure what your saying. Im shifting slightly out of my physical body and thats what Im experiencing?

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster
This has happened to me, but only once. And I wasn't going to sleep at the time. I had set up a Psi field in front of me, and programmed it as a tripwire of sorts. Then, the elevator door closed in front of me. I heard it, but I could also see it move across the space where my Psi Field was.

Afterwards I just opened my eyes and thought it was cool.
Im not sure what a Psi Field is. So somehow that triggered seeing through your eyelids?

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This has happened to me before, and it's happening now more than it was in my earlier years. It's not some type of disorder, and it's not any kind of retinal burn or photographic memory.

The first few times it happened to me I woke up in the middle of the night and realized i could see in my room even though it's pitch black with the lights out and i sleep with my door closed. I would squeeze my eyes shut as tight as I could to make sure they weren't open, and i could still see.

The last time it happened, was during the middle of the night again, but this time I could see very cleary and i could look around. I wasn't moving my head, I know this because after a while i tried moving my head and my eyes were still seeing the same part of the room i was focusing on. The only reason I stopped doing this, is because my left eye was going back and forth so fast I was a bit concerned that i might pull a muscle or injure my eye, but my right eye wasn't moving at all. This has happened both at my house, and my grandparent's house (the vision, not my eye).

In my opinion this is just you seeing with your astral vision, but remaining very close to your body. I think it is just your true self (not your body or your mind, these are just tools that we use) telling you that these things are natural and not to be afraid of leaving your body or anything that is considered "paranormal".

I can garauntee that it is not a disorder or anything like that, because I've left my body before, and it was one of the most awesome things i've ever felt (but that's a story for another time). I don't think it was RV because, that's usually not something that is done in that state of mind (it could've been RV, i just don't think it was).

Good luck if you continue to study this, or if you have other experiences.

Peace, love, and light

Pancho

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7
This has happened to me before, and it's happening now more than it was in my earlier years. It's not some type of disorder, and it's not any kind of retinal burn or photographic memory.

The first few times it happened to me I woke up in the middle of the night and realized i could see in my room even though it's pitch black with the lights out and i sleep with my door closed. I would squeeze my eyes shut as tight as I could to make sure they weren't open, and i could still see.

The last time it happened, was during the middle of the night again, but this time I could see very cleary and i could look around. I wasn't moving my head, I know this because after a while i tried moving my head and my eyes were still seeing the same part of the room i was focusing on. The only reason I stopped doing this, is because my left eye was going back and forth so fast I was a bit concerned that i might pull a muscle or injure my eye, but my right eye wasn't moving at all. This has happened both at my house, and my grandparent's house (the vision, not my eye).

In my opinion this is just you seeing with your astral vision, but remaining very close to your body. I think it is just your true self (not your body or your mind, these are just tools that we use) telling you that these things are natural and not to be afraid of leaving your body or anything that is considered "paranormal".

I can garauntee that it is not a disorder or anything like that, because I've left my body before, and it was one of the most awesome things i've ever felt (but that's a story for another time). I don't think it was RV because, that's usually not something that is done in that state of mind (it could've been RV, i just don't think it was).

Good luck if you continue to study this, or if you have other experiences.

Peace, love, and light

Pancho
This sounds very much like what I experienced. I am starting to think its somekind of astral vision, Im still looking into it though. If this is astral vision, does that mean I can learn to control it and eventually leave my body?
Im pretty sure its not a disorder also, and its good to hear someone else say so. When I left my body when I was young, both times happened when I was standing up with my eyes open. It was very cool, I remember going in the corner of my roof and looking at everyone and seeing me just standing there. I have tried to do this again but with no results.
I too am experiencing this more and more and Im not sure why. Its seems to come and go though. I think I need to start looking into astral projection now. Thanks for you response it has helped.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
iv done thes for years but not just through closed eye... i suffuer from migrains and light can be vearypainfull to me so i will wrap my eyes in a towel and put a pillow over top.......even with this i have watched tv and seen what the people in the room where doing as if my eyes where wide open.. im going to try a few thing see if i cant learn to controle this......

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I get this now and then, more recently than ever before (which I think is because I've been sleeping less soundly). It happens almost always in a sort of hypnopompic state as I'm kind of half-waking from sleep in the morning before I actually have to get up.

I can assure other skeptics, such as myself, that this is NOT retinal burn or anything like that. Please don't try to use this lame excuse when you haven't experienced it to even presume you can explain it. Couldn't be farther from the truth.

Physically, it would be impossible for retinal burn to be the cause when it's dark out and you're sleeping with your eyes closed. No, when this kind of vision happens, you can see everything even when the room is pitch black.

Intuitively, the experience is very much like a lucid dream. I believe it's related to lucid dreaming, evidenced also by its frequent occurrence during hypnopompic state. Really I think this is just your mind's internal mental model of your surrounding. When you sleep somewhere for long enough, I think you know every detail rather well. It would also explain people seeing objects they threw away; you got used to them for so long, your habitual mind hasn't really forgotten them yet.

On the other hand I do find it fascinating that our mind has this capability, to reinterpret a mental model into visual data! It's quite amazing really, and a mystery as much as lucid dreams

edit on 15-7-2011 by ac500 because: Misc. stuff

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join