It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can i check my own criminal record?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This probably sounds a dumb question coming from an ex MP, but now that i'm out of the forces and a civillian, can i check my own criminal record?

I'm just curious thats all. I've only been arrested once since coming out of the forces, that was for grabbing a couple of plain clothes coppers by the scruff of the neck who had jumped on a shoplifter.......i thought it was a bunch of teenagers messing about in the shop lol
They then arrested me as well as they thought i might be helping the shoplifter at first but let me go as soon as they realised what had happened, but i just wondered what was on my record.

Theres a couple of other things i want to check out as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

CX.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
www.backgroundpi.com...

You may have to pay to check. I'll look up and see if theres a free one.

I forgot you are a British citizen. Anyways, maybe theres a similar one in the UK.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Normally all you need is to go to a local police station and ask them to do it. Last time I did it, it cost $26, but because it was for a job they reimbursed the money when it came up clear.

That's how you can do it in Canada, anyway.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
Normally all you need is to go to a local police station and ask them to do it. Last time I did it, it cost $26, but because it was for a job they reimbursed the money when it came up clear.

That's how you can do it in Canada, anyway.

Why so expensive? It can't be the paper, must be the labor costs.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well, it comes on tamper proof paper with a variety of security features. For example, if photocopied, the copy has "Copy" all over it, so you can't fake it I guess. I don't think that explains the cost, though, so I don't know. Make money???

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Like mentioned above -- go to your local police station, show some ID, and ask for it. There may or may not be a fee.

A free driving record printout is available from our local state employment office if needed to apply for a job. Even if not needed for job, just tell them it is and it's still free.

The internet background checks are a joke. They are so filled with errors as to be useless.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Some states like Michigan for example do offer online access for certain type of records. Some states do not. You will have to search for your state to find out what is available or not for free.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
here in VA we can, or atleast us in fairfax use this: fairfaxunderground.com. Look up anybodys information in VA, making it pretty easy to find anyone.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
cx, go to your local police station and fill in the form they have there. the cost was £10 two years ago so i doubt it's much more than that since then. it only takes a couple of weeks for the results to be sent back

new topics

top topics

join