It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens = Devil-Spawn?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I've heard the Vatican built a modern telescope recently because they are concerned with aliens being either devil-worshippers or devil-spawn.

The story is that the Bible is about God's interaction with humans on earth, and including even intervention. So, what if the devil revealed himself to some alien race, intervened directly (giving them technology, for example)? Also, these aliens might consider the devil their god and worship him, and alien encounters are a prelude to invasion/domination from aliens, and our enslavement or extinction.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi
I've heard the Vatican built a modern telescope recently because they are concerned with aliens being either devil-worshippers or devil-spawn.

Deny ignorance! The Vatican (and other organizations) do indeed have telescopes, but the source you're using apparently doesn't know what telescopes are for. A little googling would have brought up this website, which is the site for the Vatican Telescope research group:
clavius.as.arizona.edu...

The story is that the Bible is about God's interaction with humans on earth, and including even intervention. So, what if the devil revealed himself to some alien race, intervened directly (giving them technology, for example)? Also, these aliens might consider the devil their god and worship him, and alien encounters are a prelude to invasion/domination from aliens, and our enslavement or extinction.

Deny ignorance!

If all this was true, why have they been lurking around for 3,000 years and more without taking over the planet? Are our rocks capable of keeping them at bay? Are they fearful of our bad breath and body odor? Terrified of pencils? Cowed by calculators?

Try this theory: that demons and angels have nothing at all to do with aliens. That aliens, if they exist, have a theology that's different from ours (and may not even include a god or gods.) That masquerading as demons (or vice-versa) has to be one of the lamest ideas in UFOlogy. The point of demons is that they want you to worship them.

Do aliens have such a bad self-image that they NEED people to worship them? Do they get through the day by thinking to themselves, "gosh! I really goofed up that last gzrabut but on Earth, Mike McModern thinks I'm a god! I really AM okay! I can get up in the morning and face another gzrabut!!!"

It'd be a wonder if an alien race like that could find their collective nose-polishers first think in the morning.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
My, aren't we sensitive?...

I never said aliens wanted to be worshipped, I asked for any comments about aliens being devil-worshippers or devil-spawn.

Thank you for your comments.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I dont agree with the premise youre putting forth, as far as the scenario itself. However, the idea of "aliens" being demonic (whatever that means) in origin certainly isnt off the table as far as an explaination. Just keep in mind while these beings may not be physically real as we know "real", doesnt make any difference in a kind of "spiritual warfare". No one has to fire a shot.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I'm not sure where I read/heard this... possibly in a Whitley Strieber book or off of Coast to Coast. Anyways, the Vatican is supposedly on the lookout for something that's supposed to be approaching Earth relatively soon, some think it might be Nibiru, Planet-X etc. It might have something to do with 'Wormwood' mentioned in the Bible, in Revelations-- a star called Wormwood crashes into the Earth and poisons the planet's water. Interesting to note: Chernobyl (as in the notorious nuclear-plant meltdown) is the Russian word for Wormwood.

Or maybe they're on the lookout for aliens... who knows?

[edit on 1-11-2006 by firebat]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If aliens re anything like us, they likely worship some god, wheather it be demonic or angel-like. And also, if aliens exist, not all of them have to be bad aliens that worship some devil. For all we know, some aliens that are looming around our planet might want to negotiate with us, but are scared because we can't even keep peace amongst ourselves, with all these wars going on, I wouldn't blame them.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I totally agree with your theory there! I have noticed that there is demonic rituals behind Alien sightings and extraterrestrial phenomena! I think you would be interested in what I am discussing at:

Alien Sightings: Abstract clues of a Demonic Ritual
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please continue with your theory! There is definetly something to this
That needs further study.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
how the hell would aliens worship the devil when the devil is a human creation most advanced races may beleive in an overall universe creator but most advanced races would learn that having religions is the real root of evil and cause of most wars

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by firebat
It might have something to do with 'Wormwood' mentioned in the Bible, in Revelations-- a star called Wormwood crashes into the Earth and poisons the planet's water.
[edit on 1-11-2006 by firebat]

Here's the passage mentioned by the ATS member quoted above...

Revelation 8:10 The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— 11the name of the star is Wormwood.[a] A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
I think you would be interested in what I am discussing at:

Alien Sightings: Abstract clues of a Demonic Ritual
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-11-2006 by 7Ayreon]

I am interested in what you are talking about! This is miles away from just intriging! Those pics of the demons in the clouds are somwhat frightning. I made a post there though, didn't I?

[edit on 2-11-2006 by spidy]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr cryptoman
how the hell would aliens worship the devil when the devil is a human creation most advanced races may beleive in an overall universe creator but most advanced races would learn that having religions is the real root of evil and cause of most wars

Yes this theory is reasonable. Maybe they have thier own religion, that includes something like the devil in our religion. I mean, who knows? Just because aliens are not humans doesn't mean they can't think like we do. After all, they are living beings. You have to put things in human perspective. Don't get me wrong though, I still like the theory

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
here is a what if that i think goes along with the alien/demon's
what if the nephlym were not all destroyed and some of them made advanced ufo tech and escaped earth to evolve into aliens they would have knowledge from the devil or fallen angels or demons and they would want to distract humans away from worshiping god so they might fly around and abduct things and make you 'believe' what they want you to.
just a thought i was having...btw this is a great forum here!
free speech is awesome! and this is my first post here, i hope there are many more

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The theory I heard was that the devil himself visited some alien race on a distant world, appeared to them as and was accepted as god, and directly intervened with their evolution - giving them technology.

The alternate theory is that demons bred the aliens (who thus worship the devil).

In both theories, the aliens have come to earth to be proxy avengers for the devil.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I believe you are completely mischaracterizing the Vatican's position on UFOs.
Monsignor Corrado Balducci, who is the senior exorcist and demonologist for Rome,
believes UFOs and aliens are higher beings above humans but beneath angels.
He's specifically said they are not demons or devils.

Google his name and you'll get thousands of hits.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yes now that I think about it, I think that, if aliens are soooo much more advanced than us, than wouldn't their religions be so much more complex? I wouldn't imagine them having any sort of prehistoric religion.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Haha @ the vatican. The spend more time "collecting" money than praising this "god" fellow they so "dearly believe" in.

I wish I could use religion to benefit my bank account too.

When will people realize that we can only evolve mentally after we throw religion out the window.

And they probably built this telescope to watch little children play...bunch of perv's.

Flame that!

Sorry I just cannot stand the church and there ways.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by T_Nexis]

top topics

join