It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bermuda Triangle! Mystery solved?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I remember watching lots of specials on tv in the 80s where the whole phenomenon of UFO / trans-dimensional travel use to be a dime a dozen. In the last 20 years there have been virtually no mention of this phenomenon in the media at all. There have been no mention of it as a supernatural mystery, nor have there been any further mention of lost ships/planes in the news. Could it be that the whole "Bermuda Triangle" was creation of mass hysteria back in that era
just to explain ships/planes lost to the sea as a result of human error. Given the improved technology (gps) and communciation that we have today, the Bermuda Triangle doesn't seem to exist as a topic of public curiousity at all any more.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Right, in the 1970s there was more openness to non-fit data, and the efforts of investigators like Berlitz whose book "The Bermuda Triangle" (1975) received a lot of media attention, even if Science didn't pay much attention. In the 1980s there was an atmosphere of debunking and similar investigators were just ignored. Now people are trying to open it up again but the same dynamic isn't there now, as I see it.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I wonder if the same thing will happen to UFO/aliens/Area 51 and all related matters if disclosure ever happens. If it's confirmed that there is et life then the way that people discuss these issues might totally change or even perhaps diminish because it would not be based on myth and speculation anymore.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by hotsheets]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I remember reading that the sea bed in that region is full of large cracks and gaps that are extremely deep, which release a gas (I don't remember what is was called) that generates millions of bubbles. If you try to guide a boat through that area, the water isn't dense enough to keep the vessel afloat because there are more bubbles than water, so, no fiction, and the boat sinks.

As for air planes, the gas pass through the water and into the air/atmosphere. This gas can create hallucinations (again I apologize for not remembering the name of this gas) which will alter the mind into seeing things or even making horrible decisions that can have fatal consequences.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Bermuda triangle is real. Yes there are easily explained phenomena that occurs there such as giant waves and excess gas leaving that part of the waters. All of this could be explained, but you have to remember, this too would be an excellent hidding ground for USO. They probably know that those parts of the sea are dangerous and that not many ships will be arround. Maybe the accounts of UFOs around the Bermuda triangle where USOs that would come in and out of the area. This was coverd in the second part of the USO special on the history channel.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by Cabanman]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotsheets
I remember watching lots of specials on tv in the 80s where the whole phenomenon of UFO / trans-dimensional travel use to be a dime a dozen. In the last 20 years there have been virtually no mention of this phenomenon in the media at all. There have been no mention of it as a supernatural mystery, nor have there been any further mention of lost ships/planes in the news. Could it be that the whole "Bermuda Triangle" was creation of mass hysteria back in that era
just to explain ships/planes lost to the sea as a result of human error. Given the improved technology (gps) and communciation that we have today, the Bermuda Triangle doesn't seem to exist as a topic of public curiousity at all any more.

Or maybe it's just that the Television stations, which are all owned by five major corporations, who just so happen to be quite close to the government don't want anybody talking about it. Perhaps there is something there that is government operated, maybe not. But you can be guaranteed that if the government doesn't want us to know about it, then we won't. They want' us to be as distracted as possible. There are rough times ahead, and if we start thinking too much then we might catch on to what's happening.

Peace and love be with you all, and may enlightenment set you free.

Pancho

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm on the fence with the Triangle. Methane gases have been proven in creating a lesser buoyancy ratio for floating things. An oil rig went down 'cause of it years ago.
I have trouble accepting the gas theory when it comes to all the plane disappearances through the last twenty five years without even an SOS distress call or signal. Though such disappearance happen elsewhere in both the Pacific and Atlantic, the numbers within a now slightly beyond the Bermuda Triangle are large.

Some of the stories such as the two men reporting there UFO sighting on radio as it was occurring to air traffic controllers while flying in a small plane near Puerto Rico. Suddenly disappeared from the radar screen and never heard from again.
I can't recall when this incident happened but it was apprx 6 years ago.

The Triangle boundaries was averaging a loss of 1 plane or ship a month (no SOS) last I checked.

Dallas

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabanman
Bermuda triangle is real. Yes there are easily explained phenomena that occurs there such as giant waves and excess gas leaving that part of the waters. All of this could be explained, but you have to remember, this too would be an excellent hidding ground for USO. They probably know that those parts of the sea are dangerous and that not many ships will be arround. Maybe the accounts of UFOs around the Bermuda triangle where USOs that would come in and out of the area. This was coverd in the second part of the USO special on the history channel.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by Cabanman]
\

You could be right too Cabanman.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Are you guys aware that there is nuclear submarine base not even 25 miles from the Bermuda triangle. There is also a vacated Russian underwater naval base. Both bases are in caves. If you need more info on this ask me and I will bring up some links.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
hey mrjenka if you dont mind i would love to see those links, that sounds very interesting

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrjenka
Are you guys aware that there is nuclear submarine base not even 25 miles from the Bermuda triangle. There is also a vacated Russian underwater naval base. Both bases are in caves. If you need more info on this ask me and I will bring up some links.

I love to see all the links you have on that.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The whole Bermuda Triangle thing grew out of one poorly researched article that appeared in a mens' magazine in the 50s. That article spawned another article, which spawned another each citing the others, until the point that there were movies and television shows being made to cover the spooky phenomenon.

I think I'll let one reviewer of the book The Bermuda Triangle Mystery Solved tell the story:

What Kusche finds, in sum, is that the Bermuda Triangle is essentially a myth. Many of the Bermuda Triangle disappearances are not nearly as mysterious as has been suggested; some ships that were lost in supposedly calm seas were in fact sailing into fierce storms, while others were lost nowhere near the Triangle area itself. Several of the tragedies said to have occurred there are associated with no records at all--leaving one to wonder how popularizers of this "mystery" can be certain that there was anything to disappear. Before Mr. Kusche's research the Bermuda Triangle "mystery" melts away, leaving nothing more substantial than an urban legend. Writers such as Charles Berlitz are revealed as writers of fiction in thin disguise [Berlitz was co-author of the first published book on the alleged crash of a UFO at Roswell, New Mexico, which should do much to illuminate the reliability of that story as well]. This book is reasonably well written and easy to get through. If you want to read about the Bermuda Triangle, this is the only book I would recommend.

Reviewer: Michael Bulger (Rochester, NY, USA)

Amazon.com

[edit on 2006/10/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by T_Nexis
As for air planes, the gas pass through the water and into the air/atmosphere. This gas can create hallucinations (again I apologize for not remembering the name of this gas) which will alter the mind into seeing things or even making horrible decisions that can have fatal consequences.

There was an experiment done on TV that found if you pass methane gas thru an airplane's engine, the engine will die instantly. I remember they were surprised it didn't explode, it just immediately cut off... This could explain the planes vanishing...

[edit on 10/31/2006 by bobby3]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pita
hey mrjenka if you dont mind i would love to see those links, that sounds very interesting

Here are some of the links guys.
Link
Link 2

new topics

top topics

join