It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new pics from inside nellis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
www.defenselink.mil...

there are only 3 pics on this page from inside their they all say in the captions that they are doing red flag training
one pic shows the back of an f-16
the second is an f-15 in midair
and the third is a guy in an f-16 with a building in the back ground

look for them
-GTB

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Nellis Air Force Base isn't what we research. It's the Groom Lake Installation on the Nellis Bombing Range.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRanchMan
Nellis Air Force Base isn't what we research. It's the Groom Lake Installation on the Nellis Bombing Range.

Off topic question I know but.... what do you mean by that?

We, as in ATS, research pretty much anything. This forum is for "Area 51 and other facilities", so we/anybody can post a topic about any base/facility/proving ground we/they want.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Originally posted by TheRanchMan

Really? Nellis AFB is a very interesting place. More 'off the books' aircraft land there than you can imagine. They have many underground facilities. They have a 'secret' runway just to the east betwen Area II and the Pabco plant at the foot of sunrise Mt. Just to the north and northwest of Apex they have an underground base for helicopters. The only current map that carries a hint of this installation is a BLM map with a small box labeled Nellis AFB. Current sectionals and terminals don't show it. (Oh yeah, the pistol range. Right.) You pistol shooters be careful, you heah? Liable to hit one of those choppers coming out of that hole in the ground.

Nellis does look pretty tame, with its 2 golf courses, always freshly painted buildings and structures, nice entrance and parking place to get your visitors pass. (But what the heck is that metal structure, surrounded by a brick wall with the 2 antennas on the top just inside the gate to your left? It obviously scans something but what? It had several armed guards standing in front of it when it was installed before the brick wall was built around it. Probably a traffic counter.)

And all those new fences Can't freely move about anymore. And the Federal Prison? Now that its gone where are we supposed to get free help?

And what is that bright light that makes no sound and comes in from the south, just to the west of Frenchman Mountain and when it gets right over the approach end disappears in a blink?

Nellis may look and act tame. They go to a great deal of effort to make it look that way. But Nellis AFB is just as interesting as Groom, Tonopah and Sandia.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
John Lear writes:

"(Oh yeah, the pistol range. Right.)"

Actually, John, I have fired an M-16 at that range.

[edit on 18-11-2006 by Shadowhawk]

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Originally posted by Shadowhawk

Actually, John, I have fired an M-16 at that range.

Of course. I felt 'pistol' was more facetious. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I agree with Shadowhawk, you're making something out of nothing here. I was in, around, and all over Nellis for 6 years as a cop. There is absolutely no secret runway, what you could be seeing is the old runway that used to be part of an old airfield. I've never been out there, since it's outside the base perimeter, but I can guarantee that nothing uses it anymore.

As for a secret, underground base for helicopters, that's ridiculous. I used to go shooting just northwest of Apex (it's not a range, so don't tell anyone) and I can assure you there is nothing there. All the helos are on the North end of main base, on the 66 RQS ramp. Every now and then, they'll also park helos (from TDY units such as the USMC) on the small parking areas over by the revetments.

That metal structure with antennas coming out of it... Us cops have a very technical term for that. We call it a "Radio Repeater". The handheld radios used by Security Forces, Fire, and about 100 other units on base, only have a range of about 1 mile. Therefore, in order to reach the SF Desk, Command Post, Base Ops, etc., you have to have repeaters.

You can blame 9/11 for all the new fences. Every now and then, we used to have drunks run the gate and go tearing around the base. Some even made it onto the flight line if the Desk Sergeant didn't get the barriers up fast enough (nevermind that only the main entries had barriers, while numerous smaller entrances had nothing). After 9/11, the thought of someone running the gate and getting onto the flightline is just not acceptable.

As for the "light from the South with no sound", I never once saw anything remotely like that. As a matter of fact, if that did exist the way you say it does, it's also breaking the flight pattern. The area South of the base, all the way up to the base of Frenchman Peak, is highly populated and all aircraft are routed away from there to minimize risk of damage in case of a crash and noise reduction. Watch the pattern, they'll come in from the West, then make a quick turn over the Golf Course to land. Same when taking off, they immediately turn West after takeoff. Anyway, take a look at Google Earth and see how populated the area South of the base is... Wouldn't someone see this mystery light as it flew directly over their home?

Guys, there's some crazy stuff going on out there. I don't pretend to know much, but Nellis is something I know intimately. John, I'm sorry, but your statements are not accurate. These kinds of statements remind me of the people who would call us at the SF Desk and swear that the Thunderbirds were taking reconnaissance photos of their houses.

As for a picture inside Nellis, this is me guarding one of those super-secret planes they have (occaisionally) out there at Nellis...

[edit on 21-11-2006 by StevexO]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Originally posted by StevexO

I agree with Shadowhawk, you're making something out of nothing here. I was in, around, and all over Nellis for 6 years as a cop. There is absolutely no secret runway, what you could be seeing is the old runway that used to be part of an old airfield.

Thanks for info StevexO. I am now sure that all of my suspicions about Nellis are baseless because it is beyond a shadow of a doubt that if there was anything secret going on around there the first thing they would do would be to brief the cops.

Thanks again.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
wow havent been on ats in a while so i guess this thread grew huh?

i dunno i just thought the pics would be intresting

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

Thanks for info StevexO. I am now sure that all of my suspicions about Nellis are baseless because it is beyond a shadow of a doubt that if there was anything secret going on around there the first thing they would do would be to brief the cops.

Thanks again.

John,

In my original post, I flatly state that there is plenty of interesting stuff going on out in the world, and that I could not possibly be aware of everything happening. However, your claims are based on what, exactly? My responses are based on actual knowledge and experience. I lived and worked there for 6 years, both for the cops and an intelligence squadron. If you have some evidence that anything you allege is true, then by all means put it out there for us. I'm simply offering my own opinion of why your claims are false. Again, I acknowledge that there is some very sensitive stuff happening at Nellis, some I know about and some I don't. But, it is my belief, based on my actual experiences, that your claims are not true.

top topics

join