It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers 'hit Iraqis if they forgot nicknames'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
shamefull war that was started by America and the world was again not surprised by dictatorship. Poor Iraqis

IRAQI prisoners allegedly abused by British soldiers in a holding centre in Basra three years ago were nicknamed after famous footballers and beaten if they could not remember them, a court martial was told yesterday.
The names included those of the Dutch players Marco Van Basten and Ruud Gullit, according to a written statement from Kifah Taha Musa Mutairi, one of those allegedly beaten up by soldiers from The Queen’s Lancashire Regiment. Mr Mutairi’s evidence was given in writing at the court martial of seven soldiers at Bulford Camp in Wiltshire because he died in an unrelated incident when the roof of his house collapsed.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Guess they should have remembered em eh?..

That might have been mildly nsensitive huh..

Wheres the proof.. like.. a video.. or pics.. or someone credible like another guard saying something? ... a prisioner can say anything, doesn't mean its true tho..

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Terrible and shameful as it is, this is the smallest of the kind of torture that is being alleged.
I can assure you.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
torture that is being alleged.

ALLEGED being the key word here. Alleged by murdering terrorists. Kinda like having criminals in prisons allege mistreatment. Perhaps they were and perhaps they were just telling lies. Criminals and terrorists are liars.

Originally posted by Mehran

a court martial was told yesterday.
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Court martial, eh? So there is an investigation and it is being looked into. Perhaps we should all wait and see if these ALLEGATIONS from terrorists are true, or if it's just a bunch of whining coming from terrorists who are frustrated because they aren't out murdering and raping.

Or does that make too much sense?

[edit on 10/29/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Alleged by your own courts and judges actually.

But for some reason, unheard of in your media.

Judge orders release of abugharib child rape video

www.iraq-war.ru...

---------------

Also, you missed mentioning the murder that is a part of the story you posted. I wonder why that was.

Five members of The Queen’s Lancashire Regiment, including Colonel Jorge Mendonca, former commanding officer of the regiment, and two members of the Intelligence Corps, are on trial on charges connected with the death of Baha Musa, 26, one of 11 Iraqis detained for 36 hours at a British holding centre after being arrested following an arms search at a hotel in Basra.

Mr Mutairi also described how petrol was rubbed under his nose and water was poured over his head. He was then told in English, as an ignited lighter was held close to his head: “I’m going to burn you.”

www.timesonline.co.uk...

they are charging him with "inhumane manslaughter", what a joke, slap on the wrist for a scape goat.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Maybe Syrian_Sister that you would just like to see another human life end?

I mean.. think about it... do you want "justice" .. no .. because you already found the men involved guilty as claimed.. Ironic if you ask me, one that comes in the name of peace and love for all as your kind usually does, WANTS to see the blood of these men run because in your mind anyone like them should die.

Like Flyersfan rightfully said, these are alleged alligations, and knowing that you think everyone in the west lies, that some how their courts treat them differently.. maybe the courts throw out some of these cases because its nothing but lies and fabrications? ... but you would not care about that, you have a narrow mind, tunnle vision, you have your perspectives and they will not change.

You wont admit it, but I know.

You relish in the thoughts, the possibilities, that these men can be found guilty through means of a media outcry because of people like your self. You want these men condemned, you do not care about them, their families.. you just want to see someone fighting those you support be punished, guilty or not. Almost like torture in its self if you ask me, to punish, to destroy character, to harm, to take freedoms away, to humiliate these men in front of friends and family and the world. I would rather get smacked around if you'd ask me..

Basically. Hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
^ what is truly ironic, is that you of all people are accusing me of lacking justice, and wishing murder. And then the further irony of it is, that you go on to accuse ME of hypocracy.

As for the men who occupied Iraq, torturers warcriminals or not. No, i don't care about what happens to them. I don't care about their character infront of their "family and friends". For the simple reason that they took part in the occupation of Iraq. No i do not care about their "humiliation", their humiliation is brought on by themselves, and it in no way compares to the humiliation dealt upon the iraqi prisoners.

What i care about is the thousands of Iraqies who have suffered through occupation, torture, warcrimes and murder.

Whatever happens in your show trial i don't really care about, it is as worthless as your low ranking soldiers, the only thing i care to see is your leaders at the hague, but i thought it was neccesarry to mention that these men where not even charged with murder, but manslaughter.
It just goes to show how little your government values iraqi lives , it doesn't even try to seem like it cares.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Thank you very much Syrian_Sister.. I want you all to take a good.. hard.. look at that post. Know those you speak out against the war are not for humanitarian reasons, that is a mask..

You are no better then us, your just like us 100% .. just on the other side. Loosing side. You have some built up hostilities.. where you directly harmed by this occupation?

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Syrian sister, so you believe everyone in Guantanamo is a real criminal or a real terrorist? So why 90% of them don't have charges against them? Some of them are not guilty, and you should be ashamed if you support torture about people who aren't guilty.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Oh if only they had been subject to the tender mercies of your fellow Islamic brothers, right Mehran?

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
One has to question where were the red caps during this?

The other question: When was the last time any iraqi "Patriot" was arrested or punished for injuring an iraqi civilian?

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
Alleged by your own courts and judges actually.

But for some reason, unheard of in your media.

This court martial has been well covered in the British Media. One has already pleaded guilty.

Not sure why your targetting the Yanks on this one, Mehran and Syrian Sister. They were British Infantrymen. Slightly less stupid than your average GI, but still a bit dense none the less.

Their immediate supervising NCO is also charged, I believe, as has an officer. So it's hardly a show trial.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I think there is evidence of this if there is court martial going on, but they are innocent until proven guilty. And until the court case is over you are guessing at the facts.

Some people here have them convicted without a fair trial, since they are not muslim.

new topics

top topics

join