It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deleted avatar photo.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me is there anyway to recover a deleted photo i used as a avatar.i had to do a full recovery on my computer and lost all my pics.and i cant find the original disk. can i get it back from this site?

[edit on 28-10-2006 by skitzo]

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You can try the complain button...

Did you host it on the ATS upload???

If you hosted it on a remote server like mine is hosted on imageshak, then I'm guessing it is gone..

Semper

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Theres a program out there called easy recovery pro. it will allow you to recover files from a format, even an NSA wipe. But you will need a second hard drive to do it. It wont recover from the formatted drive to itself.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
S,

I have a computer question..

How about a program that recovers files that were deleted that were to big to go into the "Recycle" bin?

I have several Forensic Programs that will of course work, but they take HOURS... Do you know of a way that is quicker and more available?

My Forensic Programs are "Police Only"...

Semper

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
That same program will do that for you Semper. if you are just recovering those types of files, you may not have to use a secondary hard drive, but dont quote me on that. It is one of the choices in the "what do you want to recover" category. Depending on how much data you want to recover, it may take a couple hrs also. It has to go down underneath and pull it from the magnetic resonance bits on the drive. Sometimes that can take some time. Any program that works well, will usually take a bit of time depending on data recovery size. But Easy Recovery Pro isnt Police Only so you wont have to worry about conflict of interest with your job buddy.

Let me know how it goes.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Thanks a Lot..

I'm going to give it a try this week...

Semper

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
If you were using it as an avatar, then you weren't using the file on your computer, you uploaded that file to a server, either ATS, imageshack, etc. So if you can get that original URL, say from your 'member center' here or through imageshack (if you signed up with them then they keep a list of your uploads for you), then you can get that file again.

new topics

top topics

join