It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.X: Ong's Hat - Did a fringe science cult discover a way to travel to an alternate universe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

PODcast: Ong's Hat - Did a fringe science cult discover a way to travel to an alternate universe?
The story of the Institute for Chaos Studies that supposedly discovered a way to travel to an alternate universe.

length: 09:33
file: atsxpod_1971.mp3
size: 8965k
feed: atsx

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Excellant podcast. I have no idea if they actually traveled to another dimension or not but I enjoyed learning about it. Thanks,

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Hey Now...

That was a very interesting and informative podcast.
I can honestly say I've never heard of an inkling of "Ong's Hat".
I love anything chaos theory related, so was immediately drawn to your posting.

Looking forward to your next podcast,
Johnny

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Informative as usual! And I must also confess that I didn't know about Ong's Hat and the whole story that goes along with it.
Great stuff!
Keep 'em coming!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Great podcast, DC! I had never heard of Ong's Hat before. I think the reason not many people have heard of it is perhaps that it's known on more of a regional basis.

Anyway, I find the whole science of Chaos Theory quite interesting. I remember my brother read up on it many years ago. He showed me some fascinating pictures of fractels and waxing poetic about some guy named Mandelbrot.

As far as Ong's Hat goes, I think conjoining of cult and science is a scary, scary thing.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the wonderful feedback everyone! At least I know some people out there are listening!

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hey!!! I never knew what ong's hat was before!! I really like anything related to the chaos theory too, the podcast rocked the house! For me, I personally liked the talk of when you said that he may have been in an alternate universe. I never knew what ong's hat was before this. Good job!

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the kind words, NWObringer! I'm glad you enjoyed the PODCast. I'm not really into Chaos Theory, but I am into anything dealing with time travel and alternate universes.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
One morning long ago while waking up, a voice from a Lucid Dream kept saying, "Don't forget Ong's Hat, Ong's Hat, Ong's Hat". I do not hear voices and feel the need to make that clear and repeat that it was a lucid Dream.
So, I got into studying everything I could find on the subject and do not feel this is a hoax. Many people already know about alternate worlds.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I lived about a half mile from Ongs Hat for many years. A place called Country Lakes near Browns Mills. It happend to be the time of this story.

If you read the story and the locations mentioned you cannot help but laugh at the mistakes in the distances and relative locations.

I give it Zero credability just on that. Ongs Hat is on the opposite sided of Pemberton township from McGuire AFB. The site that relates this said something like half a mile through the woods as I recall. Half a mile through the woods from Ongs Hat in that direction would be the large town of Browns Mills with the AFB above and to the opposite side.

I read it years ago, It was interesting until the local geography made it fall apart.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I have heard from many that there is no Ong's Hat where it is supposed to be and yet so much of the story seems plausible. In some ways it does appear as pure BS and yet if studied in it's entirety, there seems to be something to it.
Never-the-less, I thought it was very creative how they made a story that appeared to be a catalog. I do so like the idea of parallel worlds whether true or not, though.

top topics

join