It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Soliders Pose with Human Skulls in Afganistan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
OKEY, here is what puzzles me:

Why is nobody outraged at these German Soldiers?

Because while their antics might be in very poor taste, thats all they are, antics of 20 something testosterone pumped soldiers. You obviously never were a youth. Weirder crap happens in medical school, like students stealing parts of cadavers for pranks and such. A couple of soldiers digging up a skull thats been in the dirt for years and doing some weird things for pictures with it is certainly bad behavior.

However, the skulls were dead, had been dead for quite some time.

Nothing compared to turds who torture, maim, kill, and behead then pose in pictures and share it with the whole world. Because they are doing macabre things to the LIVING.

Tell me, how would you feel, if somebody dug out your fathers (or grandfathers) grave, and made a photo-session with the remains, which also include private parts of soldiers? Why is that OKEY?

Knowing my grandpa, hed probabably find it funny, although my dad might take issue with his skull near a guys weenie. I myself would not care, as once the soul has passed, the body is but a discarded shell to be laid to rest and returned into the cycle of things.

So the Defense mechanism ofcourse always triggers the comparison between the Ultimate "Bad Guys", since they behead people.

I love how you put quotations around bad guys. Thats funny.

I dunno about your ethos, but kidnapping, torturing, and killing innocent unarmed people makes a person a bad guy in my book. But your morales probably differ from mine greatly.

But why do you have to compare the great civilized western soliders to these Animals and savages?

I don't. Scum is scum, regardless of uniform. However, theres a difference between what is the "norm" and acceptable behavior.

When a western soldiers gets caught behaving inappropriately with even a dead person, the wrath of their government and society comes down upon them, as we see here. Soldiers who are discovered to have committed alleged crimes get put on trial to determine their guilt. If a soldier from the west beat up, tortured, and beheaded an Iraq on camera, an investigation would insue, the suspects would be named, a trial would insue, and verdicts handed out. Not to mention public anger and outrage from their citizens.

When an Islamic inurgent/terrorist tortures, beheads, and kills someone on camera, he is praised by his people, his religous leaders, and even his government if he has one. None of the terrorist cells, fundementalist clerics, or civiliand are outraged, offended. No trials are pursued. The only verdict is herosim.

That is what makes us different. Not what we do. In every war and every army, there are always people who are going to engage in shameful acts of barbarism. Even in the "civilized west".

The measure of our society is not whether or not we have people who will do such things. It is our reaction and moral stance on such behavior that makes us morally superior on this paticular issue. We condemn it and our morality is offended by it.

Where as the Taliban, Al Qaeda, ect.......well, we all know their morality and their stance on this matter.

Theres why we arent outraged. When German soldiers kill people and torture them, then defile their corpses for fun and photos, then we will be outraged.

But a skull from a mass grave? Disturbing, yes. The soldiers should certainly get some form of light punishment.

But outrage? Nope. Sorry.
#

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Great points Skadi.

I think it is youthful arrogance and stupidity on part of the German soldiers.

No living person was hurt. They were doing what they thought was comedic and cool in taking the pictures.

When others in a wider audience saw the pictures, then I bet they realized there "comedic" or "trophy" pictures were in bad taste.

I would be pissed if they were my relatives skulls that were in the picture. I am not outraged, but I am not happy with it.

If you want to cause an international incident over it. So be it, as it is your right.

The original poster will not buy this viewpoint as he likes to always play a victim to a USA/Western conspiracy. I love co-dependents.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctorfungi
If the skulls were of Al Quaeda or the Taleban - Go for it I say.

Errr, why exactly?
I thought that the so-called Civilized West, who comes to these Middle Eastern places to install Peace, Liberty, Democracy and Justice for ALL are better and above all these Terrorist Animals?
But by posing with a Skull of WHOEVER - you are just showin, that you too belong to the same Animal Group, alongside with the Terrorists you are supposed to fight against.
[edit on 26/10/06 by Souljah]

C'mon... You ppl need to find something else to bicker about.. You guys will get offended just to get offended.

This isnt bad.. How is this bad? how did the come across the skulls? Whos skulls are they? You just want to hate the west without any explanation. Its ppl like you who keep the stereotypes alive and kicking over there in the ME. "We are worse or just as bad (your words not mine) then the ppl who killed over 3,000 innoncent ppl," forget a second that those are americans who lost there lives.... But theyre ppl!!. And what do we see in the streets of the ME when those buidlings come crashing down killing all the innocent ppl that were in them.. Watching the footage you would have thought that the countrys soccer team had just won the world olympics.. That should be an embarressment to muslims world wide... But that didnt turn out as the case did it. How about the heroism of the fire fighters and policeman sacrificing there lifes to save these ppl?... And you compare us with these rediculous backward middle eastern morons? Where were the muslims in the ME in mass protest against these attacks on America???? Maybe we should have said that the terrorist colored the planes in grafiti depicting Muhummed just before they hit the buildings. Maybe that would have lit a fire under some ppls ass over there in the ME?? Thats right the vast majority were happy that america got punched in the nose... They were to worried about beating there chest then mourning for the thousands of innocent ppl that had just lost there lives in a matter of hours.. These ppl are consumed by hate and anger... Lets be real here for a second. Its wishful thinking on your part just so you can go on hateing the 'west'... Lets forget for a second that its the west we're talking about here.. Its human beings that we're talking about... You ppl need to under stand the repercussions of your actions because actions speak louder then words!

Now, some German soldiers have been caught taken photos of skulls (Big F'ing deal) Watch all the anti protest in the ME saying down with the west. Burning of churches killing nuns, you know the usual. These ppl are brain washed bafoons!!! They embaresse themselvs and dont even know it.. They are the laughing stock of the world! I know that there are good ppl from the middle east... But even those seem to share similar veiws.. Its popular in that country to say they hate america? In america we could care a less about that. You hate us? Big F'ing deal.. Guess what? we dont lose sleep over it!

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I dunno how I feel about this. I definitly know its macabre and you wouldn't catch me touching a human skull unless it was accidently. Especially if I didn't know what the person died from. I dunno if you can catch some sort of disease if that person died from one but never in a million years. Plus I'd definitly not feel comfortable messing with someones remains..I think its pretty sacriligious. If they died a violent death, I'd worry about bad kharma or spirits.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
As a german i must admit that im ashamed of my countrymen for doing something as idiotic as this

Those servicemen will be kicked out of the Bundeswehr according to reports and if it were up to me they would also get a severe beating

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I suppose thatr you have dismissed or choosen to forget that the BBC is being thrashed by the Conservative Tories now for their "supposrt" of Islamic fundamnetalism and pro-Arab continued printings?

While I agree with you, You forget one thing, It is not the Government or the tories who fund the BBC, it is the British Public, Anyone who should be criticising the BBC, it should be the Public, the tories are just trying to get browny points.

Dude, you really live in the UK or are you just a advid BBC watcher?

Any time you want me to post links on the BBC, their pro-Arab agenda and support, and their attempts to keep a "report" on this silenced, you let me know, k?
In fact, I have already posted some of such, check my post history and you will discover just a fraction of those links.

Is not just the BBC, Sky News ran nearly the exact same interview, in Pakistan, should this lead to censcorship of the Media, press no it should not.

Well I see that the Taliban are getting some of their districts back.

That is ur opinion, The taliban is not getting their districts back, those areas are being handed over to the Afganistan Gov.

So why are these dumb soldiers spilling more oil on the fire, already ablaze?

DUMB???????? Hahaha, Tell you what, you go over, see if you can do any better eh?

So let me get this straight, 3 years ago, these soldiers came upon a mass grave, and then took some picutres with a skull? BFD...

Now, if they killed a man, boiled his skull and then posed with it, I would have a LARGE problem with it.

Boils down to the press, once again, sensationalising a certain individuals from the Armed forces get up to, being foolish. Thet do not show, the good or these soilders carry out.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I personally want to see some of the pictures....

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27-10-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Because while their antics might be in very poor taste, thats all they are, antics of 20 something testosterone pumped soldiers. You obviously never were a youth. Weirder crap happens in medical school, like students stealing parts of cadavers for pranks and such. A couple of soldiers digging up a skull thats been in the dirt for years and doing some weird things for pictures with it is certainly bad behavior.

I obviously never was a Youth?

Actually I still am (or at least feel like one), but I don't think diggin' up sekeltons from graves is kind of Fun - well maybe if you are a member of Scum&Boners, errr I means Skull&Bones SS and dig up the sekeltons of Geronimo.

Nothing compared to turds who torture, maim, kill, and behead then pose in pictures and share it with the whole world. Because they are doing macabre things to the LIVING.

Torture? US Goverment does it.

Kill? US Goverment does it also.

Pose with Pictures of Dead People? US Goverment does it too.

So I fail to see you yelling against that.

Knowing my grandpa, hed probabably find it funny, although my dad might take issue with his skull near a guys weenie. I myself would not care, as once the soul has passed, the body is but a discarded shell to be laid to rest and returned into the cycle of things.

Maybe SOME people - like those who actually LIVE in Afganistan - do Mind that.

Ever thought of that?

I dunno about your ethos, but kidnapping, torturing, and killing innocent unarmed people makes a person a bad guy in my book. But your morales probably differ from mine greatly.

Kidnapping? CIA does that.

Torturing? CIA does that also.

Killing Innocent Unarmed People? Haditha Rings a Bell?

But Your Morales probably Differnt from mine greatly also.

I don't. Scum is scum, regardless of uniform. However, theres a difference between what is the "norm" and acceptable behavior.

Agreed.

When a western soldiers gets caught behaving inappropriately with even a dead person, the wrath of their government and society comes down upon them, as we see here. Soldiers who are discovered to have committed alleged crimes get put on trial to determine their guilt. If a soldier from the west beat up, tortured, and beheaded an Iraq on camera, an investigation would insue, the suspects would be named, a trial would insue, and verdicts handed out. Not to mention public anger and outrage from their citizens.

Oh Yeah? So how many Marines were charged in regarding the Abuse, Rape, Torture and Killings of Iraqi Civilians? How many? Actually the news like this are quickly swept under the rug - like HADITHA (rings a bell?). And the public quickly forgets it, when the dumbs ass smoke screen stories arise, about certain members of US congress having a dirty gay chat with teens and jerking off before a session.

When an Islamic inurgent/terrorist tortures, beheads, and kills someone on camera, he is praised by his people, his religous leaders, and even his government if he has one. None of the terrorist cells, fundementalist clerics, or civiliand are outraged, offended. No trials are pursued. The only verdict is herosim.

I see you are looking at the world with the blinders on - so, you think the entire Islamic Society is so HAPPY and dances around when they see this kind of vides? You think they are celebrating with each and every suicide bomb?

But then again - there wouldn't be a mess in Iraq without the Illegal Invasion. And if I remember correctly president Bush himself used the words "Bring it on!", actually provoking the Iraqi insurgency. So - is Iraqi PEACE-full today? Is Afganistan PEACE-full today? Has the International Threat of Terrorism lowered or increased? Is War on Terror actually Working?

Or is it all irrelevant?

Where as the Taliban, Al Qaeda, ect.......well, we all know their morality and their stance on this matter.

You brought up the Taliban - what about the Saudi Arabia? I see they are using the same form (or worse) of Wahabi Islam and Sharia Law as it was in Afganistan before the 2001 Invasion - or beter yet, before 2001 Carpet Bombings. So, how come you are not outraged by the morality of Saudi Arabia, which also beheads people, shoots women in public and tortures if they catch you with a bible in public.

How come they are ALL GOOD - and the Taliban are ALL BAD?

And how come, that War on Terrorism - which was triggered by 9-11 attacks - does not involve attacking Saudi Arabia, since 12 hijackers were Saudi Arabian, Osama is a Saudi Arabian, and Al-Qaeda was also funded by Suadi Arabia.

So where do the Taliban and Saddam come in here?

Theres why we arent outraged. When German soldiers kill people and torture them, then defile their corpses for fun and photos, then we will be outraged.

Well...

Torture practices in the German army

A few weeks ago, the German news magazine Der Spiegel revealed that German army (Bundeswehr) recruits in a barracks in Coesfeld, Westphalia, were repeatedly tortured during their basic training between June and September. As part of the re-enactment of a hostage situation, they were bound and brought to a cellar for “interrogation.” They were then drenched with water, struck on their necks, and maltreated with electrical shocks.

What if they torture themselves as the result of War on Terror?

[edit on 29/10/06 by Souljah]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The question is.

Why are you sending out these youth's (which they are) to kill and be killed?

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
The question is.

That is quit easily explained: here in germany we still have a conscript army, the problem though is they have changed conscript rules as too who gets pulled in, mainly its unemployed young men these days who have a rather poor school background.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Actually I still am (or at least feel like one), but I don't think diggin' up sekeltons from graves is kind of Fun - well maybe if you are a member of Scum&Boners, errr I means Skull&Bones SS and dig up the sekeltons of Geronimo.

Yes I take it your the classic golden boy who does nothing wrong like I dunno having a laugh?

Torture? US Goverment does it.

So as long as the US does it then everythings free game as far as the "patriots" are concerened right I understand your idea of "morals " now.

Kill? US Goverment does it also.

Hmm doesnt everything on earth kill something, dont YOU kill something when you swat a fly?
But then again a flys diffrent than a human being but then again that doesnt stop the resistance does it.

Pose with Pictures of Dead People? US Goverment does it too.

Uhhh the US government poses with dead bodies? Lol
Mabye some grunts with guns but Mr GWB goes out to camp david and poses with corpses?

Kidnapping? CIA does that.

A)So does the resistance, whats your point?

Torturing? CIA does that also.

See point A)

Killing Innocent Unarmed People?

See point A)

Haditha Rings a Bell?

Do the words " kenneth bigley" ring a bell or was he just a dirty spy?

But Your Morales probably Differnt from mine greatly also.

I would say so if you believe its ok for one side to do it but not the other.

Oh Yeah? So how many Marines were charged in regarding the Abuse, Rape, Torture and Killings of Iraqi Civilians?

How many iraqis have been charged regarding abuse, rape, torture and killings of iraqi civilians?

Actually the news like this are quickly swept under the rug - like HADITHA (rings a bell?).

Ronald Schulz?

And the public quickly forgets it, when the dumbs ass smoke screen stories arise, about certain members of US congress having a dirty gay chat with teens and jerking off before a session.

Thats the media, scum IMO.

I see you are looking at the world with the blinders on - so, you think the entire Islamic Society is so HAPPY and dances around when they see this kind of vides?

Yet I see no posts by you or by any other "islamic" members on this forum saying against this?

You think they are celebrating with each and every suicide bomb?

Last time I checked yeah, got anything to prove me wrong?

But then again - there wouldn't be a mess in Iraq without the Illegal Invasion.

Lol and we side stepp the issue AGAIN, sure you dont work for the sun?

And if I remember correctly president Bush himself used the words "Bring it on!", actually provoking the Iraqi insurgency.

Lol I like this evidence building.

So - is Iraqi PEACE-full today? Is Afganistan PEACE-full today? Has the International Threat of Terrorism lowered or increased? Is War on Terror actually Working?

Is Northern ireland more stable? Yes how long did that take? Oh I dont know only a few decades or so.

Or is it all irrelevant?

Is it at all relevant to the subject at hand?

You brought up the Taliban - what about the Saudi Arabia? I see they are using the same form (or worse) of Wahabi Islam and Sharia Law as it was in Afganistan before the 2001 Invasion - or beter yet, before 2001 Carpet Bombings. So, how come you are not outraged by the morality of Saudi Arabia, which also beheads people, shoots women in public and tortures if they catch you with a bible in public.

When was the last time it was reported onto the news that someone was beheaded? Do you think we enjoy it? Hell even the commedy TV show "Family guy" made fun of saudi arabia because of its laws.

How come they are ALL GOOD - and the Taliban are ALL BAD?

What is good and bad? If by you mean killing is bad does that not make every country bad?

And how come, that War on Terrorism - which was triggered by 9-11 attacks -

Lol Bit of a misconception. You mean when AMERICAS war on terror started on 9/11. The UK's and most of europes started well before that.

does not involve attacking Saudi Arabia, since 12 hijackers were Saudi Arabian,

Where was the base of Al Qaeda operations? Afghanistan?

Osama is a Saudi Arabian, and Al-Qaeda was also funded by Suadi Arabia.

Yet he was hiding in afghanistan.

So where do the Taliban and Saddam come in here?

See above.

What if they torture themselves as the result of War on Terror?

Yes and what army doesnt have some idiots in there ranks?
I'm pretty sure they all do.

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
The question is.

To try to redo the damage why did the british army go into northern Ireland? To stop the fighting.

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
devilwasp,

Nice try to cut my post like a turkey.

But as we did this Tango a gazzillion times before we always ended up in the same dead-end street, where we can agree only on one thingy;

That we Do NOT agree at all.

And I think the moral of this post of yours is somewhere there too.

Maybe one day we shall drink beer togather and agree on some stuff.

But here it looks like we shall not.

Take care and Peace be with You.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join