It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Soliders Pose with Human Skulls in Afganistan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Associated Press

Chancellor Angela Merkel expressed disgust Wednesday at photos that appeared to show German troops in Afghanistan posing with a human skull and pledged that any soldiers found to be involved would be punished severely.

The macabre pictures were published by Germany's biggest-selling daily, Bild, which said they showed German peacekeepers near the Afghan capital of Kabul in early 2003.

The uniformed men were seen holding up the skull and posing with it on a jeep; one is seen exposing himself with the skull. Bild's headline declared: "German soldiers desecrate a dead person."

The newspaper said it was unclear where the skull came from, but cited an unidentified serviceman as saying it may have come from a suspected "mass grave" outside Kabul.

"We all saw pictures today that are shocking, that are repugnant and that can be excused by nothing," Merkel said during a speech in Berlin. "The government will investigate the soldiers who play a role and act with full severity."

Defense Minister Franz Josef Jung earlier told reporters that "we are conducting the investigation at full steam." If the incident is confirmed, he added, those involved will face "disciplinary or even criminal measures."

Related News:
Germany Outraged by Afghan Skull Photos, Orders Probe
German army reviews training after skull photos
Germany identifies six soldiers in Afghanistan skull scandal

Were they following the footsteps of their Allies in War on Terror from Abu Gharib, who also liked to pose by Dead Muslim bodies, holding their thumbs up?

Were they connencted to Skull&Bones in any way?

Or were they just a bunch of immature fools, with nothing better to do?

And they you ask yourselves, why are poeple in Afganistan Angry?

Think Twice...

[Mod Edit: Altered image to external link for page format - Jak]

[edit on 26/10/06 by JAK]

[Author Edit: WHY may I ask? - Souljah]

[edit on 26/10/06 by Souljah]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Or were they just a bunch of immature fools, with nothing better to do?

I'd say that'd be your reason right there.

If the skulls were of Al Quaeda or the Taleban - Go for it I say.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorfungi
If the skulls were of Al Quaeda or the Taleban - Go for it I say.

Errr, why exactly?

I thought that the so-called Civilized West, who comes to these Middle Eastern places to install Peace, Liberty, Democracy and Justice for ALL are better and above all these Terrorist Animals?

But by posing with a Skull of WHOEVER - you are just showin, that you too belong to the same Animal Group, alongside with the Terrorists you are supposed to fight against.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Sig Heil inhuman criminals!!!!!

this is almost as bad as the time those soldiers pissed on that burnt afghani body.

And it's almost as bad as the time all those captured afghani's where jamed into shipping containers, which where then shot at "for air holes" and driven through the desert for hours and hours without food or water, where by half of them died before they got to the airport which took them to guantanomo bay.

I guess this is what your civilisation looks like, the fourth reich.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
These types of incident have occured in many wars,by many different armies.
I think this is really par for the course,as all soldiers are trained to kill.So when they make a kill,they may feel that they have done a good job/or feel elated that those who were trying to kill them are now dead.
Its sort of like a trophy photo.
Totally sick,yes,but surprising,no.
To these guys,death has become routine....
Its sort of like people who work in a slaughter house-to them removing the brain/spine/organs from a cow is just routine,where as to those who have never worked in a slaughter house it may seem horrid.
Doctor Fungi,
I wouldn`t reccomend this sort of behaviour even if the skulls were taliban.
It is ammunition for the talibans propaganda department,and could result in more attacks against NATO forces.
Also i wouldn`t like those particular soliders to return home thinking this is acceptable.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

this is almost as bad as the time those soldiers pissed on that burnt afghani body.

And it's almost as bad as the time all those captured afghani's where jamed into shipping containers, which where then shot at "for air holes" and driven through the desert for hours and hours without food or water, where by half of them died before they got to the airport which took them to guantanomo bay.

While I agree with you that this incident is inhuman, why do you so necesserily have to draw parallels between this and the Nazi regime?

You have made up a nice list of accidents that happened in the recent past, but you forgot one that really shocked me and many others:

Jubilant crowds dragged the burnt and mutilated bodies of four Americans through the streets of Fallujah yesterday amid some of the most horrific scenes witnessed since the invasion of Iraq.

What followed was reminiscent of the conflict in Somalia in 1993 when dead American military personnel were hauled through the streets of the capital Mogadishu.

Yesterday, the corpses were dismembered before parts were hung from a green iron bridge over the Euphrates river, witnesses said. Other remains were hung from an electricity pole. People chanted: "We sacrifice our blood and souls for Islam."

One resident, Abdul Aziz Mohammed, said: "The people of Fallujah hanged some of the bodies on the old bridge like slaughtered sheep."

Beneath the bodies, a man held a printed sign with a skull and crossbones and the phrase: "Fallujah is the cemetery for Americans."

Source

Or the by Taliban militants hanged and tortured 13 years old Afghan boy found by Dutch coalition troops.

Those people have no human dignity either.

[edit on 26-10-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Were they following the footsteps of their Allies in War on Terror from Abu Gharib, who also liked to pose by Dead Muslim bodies, holding their thumbs up?

Let me get this straight, Souljah, you have NO issues or not a damn thing to say when terrorists and fanatic Islamic fundamentalists post up videos (via your favorite news outlet, Al-Jazeera, BBC, etc, or other online mechanisms) of sniper shots, beheadings, etc, and YET, you apparently get pissed and make rhetorical claims and assertions concerning such photgraphic imagery as this? Your either anti-war hypocrite or a terrorist and Islamic fanatic fundamentalist sympathizer and supporter. Pick your poison mate, but no matter the choice, I, as well as a number of others here within ATS, already know which you are, Souljah....

They are certainly not "angry" over such photographic imagery as this. Try the continued suicide bombings which continue to kill innocents, including children--that which you fully support and never condemn. And yet, here you are condemning those who do not commit acts of suicide, who are trying to make things better, etc..... Ironic, huh?

Think Twice...

Follow the hidden advice of your rhetoric, maybe?

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
In fallujah, it was a large CROWD of people doing that to MERCINARIES. It wasn't resistance fighters that took part in it, but civilians in fallujah that where behind it.

But these are your NATO soldiers and others doing these dishonourable things.

As for the parrarells of the nazi's... well these men where german.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

As such, "Achtung!" and "Sig Heil" all you "inhumane" suicide bombing of innocents and children fanatic and terrorist supporting peeps. Look into the mirror sometime and you yourself will see the true "criminals." Bet.

About as bad as when your fanatic terrorist friends use the internet to post up their "criminal" garbage of brutally beat and slain soldiers, beheading videos, etc, huh?

Deservedly, I suppose?

You know, along the same lines as you making excuses for your fanatic terrorists that you support doing such and worse, huh? Hypocrite.

Your referring to the coming Islamic "Fourth Reich"?
Two can talk rhetoric and play the game....

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

They are certainly not "angry" over such photographic imagery as this.

Of course people are angry! Seekerok, the German commander in chief even warned that this incident might endanger the current deployed German troops in Afghanistan.

However, the real threat Afghan locals fear, is the Taleban. They fear Taleban reprisals if they help coalition troops, and therefore rather choose to remain silent, which increases the risk for coaltion troops to get ambushed etc.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Let me get this straight, Souljah, you have NO issues or not a damn thing to say when terrorists and fanatic Islamic fundamentalists post up videos (via your favorite news outlet, Al-Jazeera, BBC, etc, or other online mechanisms) of sniper shots, beheadings, etc, and YET, you apparently get pissed and make rhetorical claims and assertions concerning such photgraphic imagery as this? Your either anti-war hypocrite or a terrorist and Islamic fanatic fundamentalist sympathizer and supporter. Pick your poison mate, but no matter the choice, I, as well as a number of others here within ATS, already know which you are, Souljah....

BBC - the favourite Islamic Fundamentalist Source?

Puhhhlleeeeeaaaaaaseeeee Mister TALIBAN (that is your name right?)

What beheadings are we talking about here? Nick Berg? Wasn't that the CIA Psyops video created to further spread the Anti-Islamic agenda?

Well if I have to choose between your few pathetic options which you have presented me, I shall choose none of them, since all of them are an insult to my intelligence. But I see that there is a secrety society within the ATS society, which has Souljah in their sights. Hmmmmmmmmmm...

You also getting payed for that dear miste Taliban?

They are certainly not "angry" over such photographic imagery as this. Try the continued suicide bombings which continue to kill innocents, including children--that which you fully support and never condemn. And yet, here you are condemning those who do not commit acts of suicide, who are trying to make things better, etc..... Ironic, huh?

When shall you condemn USArmy for killing the innocents?

As far as I know, there have been 655,000 casualties in Iraq by now - more then 30% were caused by the Coalition; where is your outrage against that? When will you condemn rapings, torture, abuse and killings performed by US Forces on the ground in Iraq (and there were SEVERAL cases of that). Can not do that ey? Would the USAir Force throw their member off the pay-list ey? Tell me, is it good money at least?

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Have to agree with you

I've noticed that many Americans don't know what they are talking about when it comes to news agencies. Really Seekerof, I'd suggest to watch channels from abroad and figure out the immense difference between European and American media yourself.

It's not all Fox News here.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Of course people are angry! Seekerok, the German commander in chief even warned that this incident might endanger the current deployed German troops in Afghanistan.

Yes, of course.
I see the Germans have become like the French these days.
You want to win this war, this conflict, there are no "nice" rules or playing by a rule book.
Best bet, you fight fire with fire. As such, to win, you have to fight and use the same tactics that your enemy uses.

However, the real threat Afghan locals fear, is the Taleban. They fear Taleban reprisals if they help coalition troops, and therefore rather choose to remain silent, which increases the risk for coaltion troops to get ambushed etc.

Agreed.

[edit on 26-10-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Have to agree with you

I've noticed that many Americans don't know what they are talking about when it comes to news agencies. Really Seekerof, I'd suggest to watch channels from abroad and figure out the immense difference between European and American media yourself.

I suppose thatr you have dismissed or choosen to forget that the BBC is being thrashed by the Conservative Tories now for their "supposrt" of Islamic fundamnetalism and pro-Arab continued printings?

Dude, you really live in the UK or are you just a advid BBC watcher?
Any time you want me to post links on the BBC, their pro-Arab agenda and support, and their attempts to keep a "report" on this silenced, you let me know, k?
In fact, I have already posted some of such, check my post history and you will discover just a fraction of those links.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
And now they pull back;

Afghanistan: Taliban and NATO in talks to pull out of several areas

Talks are underway between the Taliban and NATO forces - through tribal elders - over the pullout of troops from 12 districts along the Pakistan Afghan border, providing the Taliban make concessions to the NATO forces and agree not to attack their bases in those Afghan provinces where the deal is signed, North Waziristan-based sources told Adnkronos International (AKI). "So far all 12 districts are situated from Kandahar to Kunar, but later on there would be a consideration for other districts situated in Nangarhar province,” sources maintained.

Hanif said that NATO forces and troops of the Afghan National Army had withdrawn from the Babrak Tana area in the Ali Sher district of the south-eastern province of Khost on Sunday night upon the mediation of tribal elders. The Taliban spokesperson referred to the alleged pull out as another major victory of the Taliban against NATO forces.

Well I see that the Taliban are getting some of their districts back.

Interesting.

Not to mention that the : Afghan Opium Crop Hits Record as Violence Increases.

So why are these dumb soldiers spilling more oil on the fire, already ablaze?

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Your referring to the coming Islamic "Fourth Reich"?
Two can talk rhetoric and play the game....

but only one person can play itso exceptionally well, and that's me.

As for BBC being pro islamic LOL LOL, you must be some kind of superfascist to not see the BBC , CNN etc. are completely bias against those you see as your enemies.

[edit on 26-10-2006 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Any time you want me to post links on the BBC, their pro-Arab agenda and support, and their attempts to keep a "report" on this silenced, you let me know, k?
In fact, I have already posted some of such, check my post history and you will discover just a fraction of those links.

Dude!

BBC is the source for MANY News networks here in Europe - as well as Reuters and Associated Press is (which I also know you dislike). And if you would have watched how a TV news stories look like on our national TVSlovenia, you would kno what I am talking about. Pro-Islamic does not mean posting REAL stories from the crisis zones, such as Iraq, Afganistan, Lebanon, Israel. But I understand they are reporting against your views, which I know you find it hard to swallow.

So you spit instead.

Pahetic really.

Would have expected more from a Guy like yourself...

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Puhhhlleeeeeaaaaaaseeeee Mister TALIBAN (that is your name right?)

Dude, do not make me start pulling your own topic creations within this forum to porve who here is really "Mister TALIBAN," k?

What beheadings are we talking about here? Nick Berg? Wasn't that the CIA Psyops video created to further spread the Anti-Islamic agenda?

Umm, no.
You prove my point exactly: you forget all those acts committed by those you SUPPORT, but each and all the acts that the Coalition and US have done. :shk:

Well if I have to choose between your few pathetic options which you have presented me, I shall choose none of them, since all of them are an insult to my intelligence. But I see that there is a secrety society within the ATS society, which has Souljah in their sights. Hmmmmmmmmmm...

Of course you will choose none of the options presented, that was a given, Souljah, that would incriminate oneself, would it not? We know who and what you are though, be assured.

You also getting payed for that dear miste Taliban?

Worried that someone will find out that you are?

When shall you condemn USArmy for killing the innocents?

When you get around to fully condemning the acts and actions of those you support, you think?

As far as I know, there have been 655,000 casualties in Iraq by now

From another BOGUS and debunked Lancet report, as well....

- more then 30% were caused by the Coalition

The other 65%+ by those that you SUPPORT!

where is your outrage against that?

Indeed, just where is your outrage over that other 65%+?

When will you condemn rapings, torture, abuse and killings performed by US Forces on the ground in Iraq (and there were SEVERAL cases of that). Can not do that ey? Would the USAir Force throw their member off the pay-list ey? Tell me, is it good money at least?

Already answered, see above. When you get around condemning the acts and actions of those you SUPPORT.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   

BBC is the source for MANY News networks here in Europe - as well as Reuters and Associated Press is (which I also know you dislike). And if you would have watched how a TV news stories look like on our national TVSlovenia, you would kno what I am talking about. Pro-Islamic does not mean posting REAL stories from the crisis zones, such as Iraq, Afganistan, Lebanon, Israel. But I understand they are reporting against your views, which I know you find it hard to swallow.

So you spit instead.

Pahetic really.

Would have expected more from a Guy like yourself...

Let me know when you want those links or are you too lazy to hit a post search on me and find those links that I have already linked before? Simply a fraction and undoubtedly, more can and will be provided.
BBC blows, as does Reuters and the AP, along weith the LA Times, New York Times, among others---all fanatical pro-Arab and terrorists supporting outlets.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
So let me get this straight, 3 years ago, these soldiers came upon a mass grave, and then took some picutres with a skull? BFD...

Now, if they killed a man, boiled his skull and then posed with it, I would have a LARGE problem with it.

Also, the political climate has changed in the last 3 years, and this is bieng used as more propganda to flare the region into instability.

Now, when I see citizens/freedom fighters hanging civilian workers or soldiers that just killed, it makes it easier to justify their eradication.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join