It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please show me a ''real'' pic of saturn.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
By real do you mean the fact that the moon of saturn has a landscape?

See, Saturn is a GAS giant.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
By real do you mean the fact that the moon of saturn has a landscape?

See, Saturn is a GAS giant.

No by real i mean not a computor generated image.

So far the most real looking pics are on mike's thread about saturn's objects and i dunno if those were meant to be released or not, maybe mike can tell us?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
just an observation but all these pics of saturn have no....stars...or moons.... i am curious though as to why they would hide pictures of saturn...i dont really see it being of much importance in any stratgy..you cant exactly mine it, or build on it...

[edit on 10/23/2006 by ConfederacyOfUnity]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Wow, this guy is disgusting. You see, many of the pictures you see of planets and other astronomical objects are either from NASA, or through NASA. If you can't trust NASA, then you should just throw away all of knowledge of space. Let me guess, you also don't think we landed on the moon?

You wanted real pictures of Saturn, and you got them. That is the way Saturn looks; it is a gas giant.

Edit:

If you can get past your hatred of NASA, here are some more pictures of saturn and its moons taken by the Voyagers

voyager.jpl.nasa.gov...

You WILL see moons in these pictures.

[edit on 23-10-2006 by wiergraf]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
It's real. As are most of the other ones you've probably seen. I think it's the clarity that's throwing you, but since Saturn is so close, we get a lot of very clear images of it.

Edit: And it's Ras Obasi

[edit on 22-10-2006 by Rasobasi420]

Sorry raso*

Well i do not think it's real, does this picture come from nasa? I don't exactly trust an agency that's put in place to hide all evidence of other lifeforms by airbrushing ufo's or other questionable things from their photo's.

If it's not from nasa then what is the source of the pic? this looks like a bad computor generated image if you ask me...

Look at the pics that cassini took of the saturn moons they are very clear pics so why is there no clear pics of saturn? cassini was right next to saturn.

Please try again.

Real pic of saturn anyone?

For gods sake. It's a real picture of saturn taken by a really powerful telescope, maybe hubble or a satalite.

Let me guess now Saturn dosn't exist?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PisTonZOR
For gods sake. It's a real picture of saturn taken by a really powerful telescope, maybe hubble or a satalite.

Let me guess now Saturn dosn't exist?

No i never said it does not exist i am saying there is no confirmed close up pic of saturn,
it's prety obvious these are paintings or computor generated... i just showed a few people and they thought it looked computor generated.

people please relax im not trying to piss anyone off here...

[edit on 23-10-2006 by selfless]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Compare these 2 images, which one looks more real?

www.enterprisemission.com...

Or

voyager.jpl.nasa.gov...

I go with the first one.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   

No i never said it does not exist i am saying there is no confirmed close up pic of saturn,

no , what you are actually saying is that there is no sicture of saturn that matches yor pre notions of what you want a picture of saturn to look like

your dismissal of the NASA imagery is a blatant genetic falacy

made even more illogical by the fact that you do actually trust NASA when it suits your purposes [ see end paragraph ]

it's prety obvious these are paintings or computor generated...

it it is " obvious " please explain why it is obvious -- i am not aware of your credentisls as an expert on computer gra;pics , astronomy , imaging or space probes

so do not accept your declaration that they are fake , soley on your word .

please explain why they are fake -- if you can .

i just showed a few people and they thought it looked computor generated.

appeal to ............ ?? who ????? who are these " couple of people "! and why should i trust their judgement in this matter , what are thier qualifications ?

a final question - on a point that baffles me - you claim to distrust NASA because according to you thier saturn pictuers are fake / CGI .

but you then imply that you trust NASA , becuause you believe that the images of saturns moons presented are real - because they match your prenotions of what a saturnian moon should look like

but there is one minor flaw in your " logic "-- correction it is its nemesis .

ALL the pictures of saturns moons which you declare to be " real " , like this [ the source image for hoaxlands photoshoping ] :

[ats][nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...[/ats]

were..................drum roll .................

captured , processed and released by ....

wait for it .......................

NASA ....................so you do trust NASA ....... when it suits you ... that is cherry picking

you might want to try some resarch into the cassini - huygens probe.

and do some actual resarch into the composition and properties of saturn / its rings etc

then you will discover that your pre notions about how saturn should appear are false

have a nice day

PS - that was intended to be rude and condesending

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Your comparing images that were taken using vastly different technologies. The reason the images look like the are CG is because the are taken at a VERY high resolution, much like you would see in on a computer monitor. You are used to seeing standard photographs taken a very low resolution (eg family photos) and using these to compare.

You are also comparing the moon photographs with the saturn ones. The moon shots are 'zoomed' in a lot to capture the terrain of the moons. The photos of saturn are taken without as much zoom because compared to the moons, saturn is enormous. So obviously the moons pictures are going to look grainier, when used in comparison.

For example, take a photo of earth from space, looks real nice and crisp. Now try and take a photo of the surface of the moon. You are going to have to zoom in because it is a lot smaller and you are looking at its surface, not the overall view of it.

Do you know what the specifications of the photographic equipment on cassini was? You can't just say 'sumfing dun look right' and use this as support for your beliefs.

I could take your logic and say that plasma screen TVs looks too sharp so they must actually be windows to another world.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Ignorant ape,

You just took everything i said out of context completely.

I said that the moon pictures looks more real then the pics you guys showed me of saturn on this thread, i never said they are real i said they look more real.

And as for me thinking nasa is right when it suites me well you are completely wrong. there is nothing that suites me, all i want is a real photo of saturn up close and that pic that i think is real of saturn that comes from nasa, you can't tell much from it because it's not a close up but it's still the most real pic of nasa i have seen of saturn.

you just took everything i said right out of context completely just for the purpose to insult me and that is not cool on your part man i dunno what i did to you but im not gonna insult you back.

I said, i think those pics from nasa were not meant to be publicaly released because they show some things that nasa would not want you to see but they are still from cassini so it's very possible they were leaked.

Now im sorry that you wasted your time ignorant ape by taking everything i said right out of context and posting some things that are simply not true.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toasty

Do you know what the specifications of the photographic equipment on cassini was? You can't just say 'sumfing dun look right' and use this as support for your beliefs.
actually be windows to another world.

Heh, i just don't think those pics looks real due to what i see with my own eyes, i don't care you guys can believe the pics if you want but please if anyone of you out there have a real pic of saturn up close to show me please post it on here.

For the record, i don't care if the pic have ufo's or not, if you show me a pic of saturn that will look real and won't have any ufo's in it, i won't dismiss the pic. It is you guys who are missinterpreting my intentions here, all i want is a real looking pic of saturn from as close as possible.

Wether the pic is from nasa or from anything else that's fine but if it does not look real like all the up close pics of saturn then i won't just blindly accept it as a real picture.

Now please people, keep it peacefull, it shouldn't be too hard to make a thread with out having to be insulted.

[edit on 23-10-2006 by selfless]

jra

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Well all the photos of Saturn that i've seen from amature astronomers and other non NASA related organizations are all consistant with one another. Could you explain how the NASA ones look CG? And what would be the purpose for NASA to do such a thing?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   
SELFLESS :

Contrary to your whining , I did not take anything you said out of context

PS – do not send me bleating U2Us – I am not interested , if I offend your delicate sensibilities so greatly – use the ignore button – or complain

Do not whine about it in U2U messages .

You are still demanding “ real “ pictures of Saturn – for fooks sake you have been given real pictures of Saturn , repeatedly

All the voyager / cassini / hubble pictures are real – your babbling is IMHO irrelevant ignorance .

Any paintings / artists impression / composites are clearly captioned as such .

But just to son feed you

Saturn from cassini

cassini images saturnian rings

Saturn false colour from cassini

Saturn UV image

In these links – please read the captions carefully
before replying

I said, i think those pics from nasa were not meant to be publicaly released because they show some things that nasa would not want you to see but they are still from cassini so it's very possible they were leaked.

ROFLMAO

What ?????????????

So why do these pictures that were “ not meant for public release “ available , to the public via NASA webservers – on a dedicated site

Leaked ????????? fer crying out loud they are official NASA releases .

I do not need to take anything you say out of context – you shoot yourself in the foot for us

edits - bbcode errors

[edit on 23-10-2006 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
wiergraf gave you a GREAT link, selfless: voyager.jpl.nasa.gov...

This and this and this one perhaps?

Also, I don't think you should accuse images of being fake when you do not know anything of the systems used to take the image, as an above poster said. 'Just 'cause it don't look right' will hardly get you far . . . not meaning to be condescending . . . . APE!!!

[edit on 23/10/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Sorry to be picky but its computer NOT computor

If you want to try and pick holes in the establishment, and try and get your point across the very first thing you need to do is start spelling things right.

I'm not saying this to be awkward, its advice - because right from the get-go if people see you making the same mistake over and over - even when its spelt right elsewhere - they won't take you seriously regardless of how valid your points might be.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I still didn't see in this thread why all the Saturn pics released by NASA are computer generated? Are they to sharp? Are they not sharp enough? Do you expect to see surface details like those found on saturns moon? (then what about Saturn's moon Titan, or even the planet Venus?)

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
i agree most of the pics of saturn do not look real.

if it is just a gas giant thing like some of you are saying then why do a lot of the jupiter pics look real to me.

the only pics of saturn that look real are just pieces like the ones of small sections of the rings or a moon. Im with the OP that none of the full images of saturn look reall except for that one he has shown that has a wierd glow and you cannot make out very much. never thought about it till he pointed it out but i agree very few of the saturn pics look real. I am not sure why that is but i have to agree. not saying thats proof of conspiracy but its wierd. Some of you appear to just want to disagree with him.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Compare these 2 images, which one looks more real?

www.enterprisemission.com...

Or

voyager.jpl.nasa.gov...

I go with the first one.

They're both real. The difference in quality is almost certainly a function of the equipment being used. Visually, a good $500 amateur telescope will beat that first image and will give a view suprisingly close to that second image. Photographically, it takes more money to get those results, but many amateur astronomers have had excellent results imaging the planets. A few examples:

www.cloudynights.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
selfless -

It occurs to me that perhaps you have posted your request to the wrong forum. Clearly, you are attempting to posit an argument that NASA, upon taking high resolution photographs of Saturn, has discovered some type of extraterrestrial activity and has subsequently imposed a ban on the 'genuine' photographs being released to the public, instead releasing computer-generated images.

Whilst this theory is a fine one for exploring, you would perhaps best be served by raising it either in the Aliens & UFO forum or Skunkworks. Doubtless, the Space Exploration forum is an ideal place to raise questions regarding the nature and composition of the planets, as well as serving as an excellent source of information regarding the various expeditions to planets such as Saturn and the photographic evidence they have supplied. However, this does not appear to be your primary motivation in raising your question. Rather, you seem to be more interested in exploring the issue of extraterrestrial activity in and around Saturn. This kind of theory is best dealt with in either of the two aforementioned forums, where you are more likely to receive constructive responses to your theory and questions.

That having been said, might I ask in what way you believe the photographs which have been supplied are ingenuine, computer-generated images? Is there noticeable evidence of tampering or computer construction? Can you point to apsects of the photographs and declare that 'Here is some form of evidence which supports my belief that these photographs are computer generated?' What expertise do you have in the construction of computer graphics, or in space-based photography that would lead you to your conclusion? Do you simply believe that the photographs 'look wrong?' Why do you think this is? What to you would constitute a 'real' photograph of Saturn? If I showed you the same photographs that others have herein posted, but with unexplained anomalies either orbiting the planet or within the confines of Saturn's rings, would you then believe them to be genuine?

You have requested some close-up photographs of Saturn. The following images, taken by the Cassini space probe, surely rank as some of the closest ever obtained. They are beautiful in the detail they reveal, but do you still have reservations regarding their authenticity?

Large Close-Up of Saturn and It's Rings

Black and White Photo of Rings and Planet

Be aware that you began this thread not by propounding a theory regarding Saturn and the pictures taken of it, but rather by asking for assistance;

So can any of you show me a real pic of saturn please?

At the moment, regretfully, you appear to have a closed mind regarding the points other posters have made. Whilst I am sure that you are willing to be open-minded, we need to know what requirements you feel need to be satisfied in order for us to help you.

[edit on 23/10/06 by Jeremiah25]

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join