It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress are going to pass a bill today, that will change your world

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

I'm not too worried about it because I follow the law so I shouldn't have anything to worry about.

This law to me really won't affect anyone, just stay out of trouble, if you want to be heard than use civil disobediance, don't be a radical as laws like these are supposed to target. There is a fine line between being heard and making yourself a target.

I hope you realize how un-American this way of thinking is. Do you understand what being an American is all about? These laws are not to protect people that get themselves in trouble (read my last post before this one) they are to protect the innocent from overly aggressive police and prosecutors. It doesn’t matter if you are doing anything wrong or not, if there is a bad crime and you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, or said some boneheaded comment on the phone, or maybe even dial the wrong number at the wrong time, if they can pin it on you they will. This is what the laws are for, to protect the innocent not the guilty. I would rather see 100 guilty men get off on technicalities, than to see one innocent person sent to prison for something they did not do. The guilty will eventually screw up and get caught anyway.

Do you want to go to prison for something you did not do? Just so a prosecutor can one day be a D.A. or judge? I asked this earlier, is there something in the water that is muddling peoples thinking?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Military Commissions Act NOT A LAW!

It seams that the bill is in fact a pocket veto.

I'm sure it will be enforced anyway.

It has come to my attention recently that there is a possibility that the Bill HR 6166 Military Commissions Act of 2006, CANNOT BE LAW!
According to the US constitution Article I Section 7 subsection 2 (near the end of the paragraph.)
“…If any bill shall not be returned by the President within ten days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the same shall be a law, in like manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their adjournment prevent its return, in which case it shall not be a law.”

The bill was voted on Sept. 28, 2006 and the congress adjourned Fri Sept 29 2006, and Bush signed the bill “in to law” Oct. 17 2006. Subtracting the 3 Sundays; it took Bush 16 days to sign the bill. Well over the 10 days.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

don't be a radical as laws like these are supposed to target.

You mean like our founding fathers? What the hell is happening with our people? Everyone wants der fatherland to protect them...

Dont be a radical or I will call the Groupenkommander of der Waffen-SS!

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Halfofone,

I heard that today on Alex Jones.....and you are indeed correct in what the constituion says....but im not sure of the date congress adjourned all the dates Ive seen say Oct 6, 2006 and if thats the case its law....Are you sure your date is correct on when congress adjourned?
www.senate.gov...

[edit on 19-10-2006 by etshrtslr]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

don't be a radical as laws like these are supposed to target.

You mean like our founding fathers? Dont be a radical or I will call the Groupenkommander of der Waffen-SS!

I wonder if he truly knows what he is saying.
LoneGunMan.

Radical, liberal, I guess I am guilty because I am one of them.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Speaking of Nazi, here is an image from google earth of a building on an American naval base.

Nothing to see here folks, move along...

Edit to reply to Marg: God I sure hope not Marg....

[edit on 19-10-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
etshrtslr,

looks like your right.. craptacullar

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Speaking of Nazi, here is an image from google earth of a building on an American naval base.

Nothing to see here folks, move along...

Edit to reply to Marg: God I sure hope not Marg....

If that picture is real it cant be mere coincidence that the us military has a building shaped like a swastika.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr

If that picture is real it cant be mere coincidence that the us military has a building shaped like a swastika.

I feel the same way. It is real, go look yourself.

32 40 34.01 N 117 09 27.18 W

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Halfofone
Military Commissions Act NOT A LAW!

It seams that the bill is in fact a pocket veto.

I'm sure it will be enforced anyway.

It has come to my attention recently that there is a possibility that the Bill HR 6166 Military Commissions Act of 2006, CANNOT BE LAW!
According to the US constitution Article I Section 7 subsection 2 (near the end of the paragraph.)
“…If any bill shall not be returned by the President within ten days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the same shall be a law, in like manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their adjournment prevent its return, in which case it shall not be a law.”

The bill was voted on Sept. 28, 2006 and the congress adjourned Fri Sept 29 2006, and Bush signed the bill “in to law” Oct. 17 2006. Subtracting the 3 Sundays; it took Bush 16 days to sign the bill. Well over the 10 days.

Didn't catch that at first, good looking out. But since this law, like the Patriot Act and others, are unconstitutional at their very core, I don't think that's an issue.

EDIT: LoneGunMan...that's highly interesting.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by Astygia]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
What's with all the Nazis references? Can't get enough of them I suppose.

Anyways, unlike you LoneGunMan, if it meant that 100 guilty men went free instead of 1 innocent man going to prison, I would tell that innocent guy to pick a fight with the biggest guy he sees because I'm sticking him right in there.

In no way would I ever advocated putting the lives of other people in danger so that one innocent man doesn't get to go to jail, is it a bad thing that this happens? Yes. Does it happen anyway? Yes. Will we ever be able to stop it? Probably not. That's the way things are, so why should we endanger the lives of hundreds of other people for innocent person?

Shattered OUT...

[edit on 19-10-2006 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Also, in the beginning, the government was saying... Patriot Act isn't aimed at the US population, it won't be used against US citizens... YEAH RIGHT. 10.000s of people are in prisons right now and were because of the Patriot Act.

The history show that the government is a plain liar, a crook and abuse power for his own end. And the Bush administration is quite good in doing this things. Face it, it's isn't hard if you are open-minded.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Some examples of real totalitarianism and human/civil rights abuse from around the world....

Cuba
Venezuala
Chechnya
Russia
China
Sudan

We have our problems, but lets keep everything in perspective.

[edit on 10/19/2006 by darkbluesky]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It's not a matter of perspective, it's a matter of rights being violated. The US was proud of his rights and freedom, and now, you must see things in perspective... what a shame.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   

What's with all the Nazis references? Can't get enough of them I suppose.

Anyways, unlike you LoneGunMan, if it meant that 100 guilty men went free instead of 1 innocent man going to prison, I would tell that innocent guy to pick a fight with the biggest guy he sees because I'm sticking him right in there.

In no way would I ever advocated putting the lives of other people in danger so that one innocent man doesn't get to go to jail, is it a bad thing that this happens? Yes. Does it happen anyway? Yes. Will we ever be able to stop it? Probably not. That's the way things are, so why should we endanger the lives of hundreds of other people for innocent person?

Shattered OUT...

What are you about 14? You think I want to put people's lives in danger? I put my life on the line everyday to save others!! I have never been so offended, you are so imature you comepletey missed the point I was making. When in the heck was the last time you risked your skin for someone you dont know!! When? Do you have any idea what its like to donn a self contained breathing apperatus and go into a burning house to do a search for victims. It feels like your ardenilen is going to give you a stroke because of the fear. You are watching too much TV if you think you are endangering others by not being a freaking fascist when it comes to crime. Most crime is nonviolent there buddy boy. You think I want to risk peoples live?!? I think you need to start thinking and not reacting. You are what is wrong with this country.

Quit it with the "Shattered out...", Shattered skies is a darn video game!

Edit because I reacted with anger

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
A few more...

France
Spain
Germany

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well said LoneGunMen!! You're a true patriot and a brave human!

And I hope you're the guy and everybody who thinks like you that go to jail even if they are innocent, just to see you say otherwise and to have compation to those who end up in jail for 20 years or get the death penalty even if they did nothing AT ALL.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky

We have our problems, but lets keep everything in perspective.

I am sorry to disagree but we dont need to point out what is worst. We need to go by what we were at one time and not let it slip one little bit, because if it slips a little every year we end up in the same boat as them. We have to hold the line. Freedom is everything. There are 42,000 deaths each year due to vehicle accidents, do we give up our freedom because of that? Bathroom accidents? Slip and falls? We cannot let our freedom slip at all. It is the only thing that makes us America.

I type like I am using my thumbs.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
What freedoms have we lost?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join