It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to steal an election!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
With the November elections coming up,this should be looked at.Well after the 2004 elections,this should have been a hot topic.What leads to to find this alarming,is many repiblicans(Bush included) have said there going to win.They say it with as as if it fact,even though current polls have the republicans losing 30 seats.

Found this article and video on how to steal an election with the Diebold AccuVote-TS voting machines.It was shocking,as to how easy it really is.Im beginning to have serious doubts that "Democracy" is really happening here.

(PoliticsOnline)-Princeton Computer experts believe the Diebold voting machine, which is slated for use in 375 counties in November, is vulnerable to criminal attacks.In a published report the three researchers explain and demonstrate how easy it is for criminals to introduce malicious software to the machine. In less than one minute, a virus can be introduced which will steal votes, spread from machine to machine through memory cards, and can hide its tracks. The software can even delete itself from the machines at the end of elections.The report suggested the machine's software and hardware be updated and strict election procedures be implemented.
www.politicsonline.com...

(Princeton University)-Abstract This paper presents a fully independent security study of a Diebold AccuVote-TS voting machine, including its hardware and software. We obtained the machine from a private party. Analysis of the machine, in light of real election procedures, shows that it is vulnerable to extremely serious attacks. For example, an attacker who gets physical access to a machine or its removable memory card for as little as one minute could install malicious code; malicious code on a machine could steal votes undetectably, modifying all records, logs, and counters to be consistent with the fraudulent vote count it creates. An attacker could also create malicious code that spreads automatically and silently from machine to machine during normal election activities — a voting-machine virus. We have constructed working demonstrations of these attacks in our lab. Mitigating these threats will require changes to the voting machine's hardware and software and the adoption of more rigorous election procedures.
itpolicy.princeton.edu...

Link to video and full reasearch paper here,scroll down page for video.
itpolicy.princeton.edu...

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread, but thought it would be germane to the discussion.

www.youtube.com...

It's the testimonial of a software programmer asked to create a program to rig an election.

It's pretty obvious the election was stolen, but there's not much we're going to do about it now. The public is either too weak and apethetic to do anything, or they agree with the theives.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
If Republicans are smart enough to...

"steal" elections!
Raise and lower gas prices at will!

Why would I vote for Democrats who aren't smart enough to do the same?

History tells us that in an off year election of a President in his 2nd term, the opposition party almost always picks up seats.

This is why that won't happen this year.

1. Democrats think protesting is more important than voting.

2. Democrats always fall for "Republicans vote on Tuesday and Democrats vote on Wednesday". It works, I did it personally on some co-workers during the 2004 elections!

3. Democrats rely heavily on constituents that they have ignored for years. They may not vote for Republicans, but won't waste their time on Democrats either.

4. "The Silent Majority" You know, certain people who wouldn't be caught dead at a protest rally, never respond to polls, and keep their views to themselves. These people make all the difference, and the majority of them vote Republican.

5. Cut and Run, higher taxes, and Bush-Bashing does not win elections!

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
None of that negates the facts pointed out in this thread RR.

so, yes, the republicans steel elections. And you can have Lex Luther running the country if you want. I personally don't like the Dems much either, but at least they're not out to kill me.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It's been my humble experience that most computer geeks and hackers fit into the same anti-society mold that most american libs are made from.

It should also be noted that in this nations liberal power centers, places controlled by libs for generations which should in theory be utopias of modern society, are also this nations most festering pots of poverty and corruption.

I'll take Lex Luthor if he means to keep rogue nations off nukes in order to ensure not only our survival but our continued success and leadership in all fields of modern endeavor in the world.

It's much easier for me to believe that the POLLS are rigged then the VOTES.

You don't think the Dums are out to kill you and you're right. They're out to control every aspect of your life- from your income, to your housing- whether you can smoke in your own house (since you can't in public anymore)- they've already got your education apparently. So many "free thinkers" on this site can't see what's really happening. Excuse me You've made me sick and I have to go...

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Lex obviously doesn't care about nukes. Lex only cares about himself, and making sure his pockets are lined, and all of the power is his. Lex will lie to the people. Lex will imprison the innocent. Lex will invade sovereign nations for the soul purpose of world dominations. Lex will rig elections in order to accomplish his selfish goals.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gatordone
You don't think the Dums are out to kill you and you're right. They're out to control every aspect of your life- from your income, to your housing- whether you can smoke in your own house (since you can't in public anymore)- they've already got your education apparently. So many "free thinkers" on this site can't see what's really happening. Excuse me You've made me sick and I have to go...

Um excuse me but I think you have it backwards. These laws that you speak of have come in the time when the Republicans were in controll of congress. How the heck can you blame those on the Dems? I hope you feel better. If politics makes you sick, then I suggest not reading the political threads.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but this video shows George W. Bush and Republican Congressman Peter King standing on the White House lawn November 2, 2004, the day of the elections, with King saying the following:

KING: "The election's over, we won."
WOMAN: "How do you know that?"
KING: "It's all over but the counting. And we'll take care of the counting."

new topics

top topics

join