It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body Armour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I saw a Kevlar vest today. It was a level two with a trauma plate. I didnt think Body Armour was legal. So what are the types of body armour that is legal in the U.S. and what's the best. What are average prices?

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You're usually fine as long as you don't wear it while commiting a crime. You'll want to check you local and state laws though.

I've seen tests perfomed on Dragonskin body armor, I was very impressed.

IIRC they fired several dozen shots from various weapons at the same vest. The vest stopped them all.

[edit on 14/10/06 by Skibum]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
So it's ok to wear one in a city where someone might try to shoot you and mug you?

And what about the levels? What's the best?

Thanks

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

So it's ok to wear one in a city where someone might try to shoot you and mug you?

Depends on the city, hence the "You'll want to check you local and state laws though. ".

Level 4 would be the best, thought its not something you would really want to wear all day long, its thick and quite cumbersome.

Here's a page describing the different levels of armor.
www.njlawman.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
It's perfectly legal in most states - California may be different, it is for everything else after all. Some people wear vests at gun ranges "just in case".

A Level 3 costs around $850 at my local gun shows, there were 3 bounty hunters at the last one getting free replacements - they had all been shot on a raid by 9mms and all the rounds were stopped with no injuries.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
It's perfectly legal in most states - California may be different, it is for everything else after all. Some people wear vests at gun ranges "just in case".

A Level 3 costs around $850 at my local gun shows, there were 3 bounty hunters at the last one getting free replacements - they had all been shot on a raid by 9mms and all the rounds were stopped with no injuries.

What brand was the vest?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I also saw a test on the Dragon Skin armor and it's amazing. I don't know the laws about that though.

new topics

top topics

join