It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

non-believers: youre outnumbered, and here is your proof

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSaneTK
Does it say 7 out of 10 americans believers? If not your math is all wrong. Because it seems your twisting the math to fit your point of view. Seriously

Yes...it say 7 out of 10 americans...but

Does life exist on other planets?

* 60% of Americans believe life exists on other planets

For those that do believe that life exists on other planets, what would ET
be like?
* 7 out of 10 Americans think the intelligent life forms on other planets
would be similar to humans

So...7 out of 10 of those 6 out of 10 americans who believe life exists on other planets. I'm not twisting the math.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apass
So...7 out of 10 of those 6 out of 10 americans who believe life exists on other planets. I'm not twisting the math.

Okidoki, atleast it's good to see that avarage of 1/2 people are getting aware of things, compare to 100 years ago.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trimmed quote

[edit on 14-10-2006 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Err... and the point of this thread is what? That half of all americans believe that
extraterrestial life exists on other planets? Thats what, 250 million people out of a planet
consisting of 6 billion? Thats not overwhelming odds by any stretch.

That is not proof. Its just someones opinion. The real question is whether they are here
or not, and we have no proof of that either.

Don't people realise that the UFOs we see in the skies could be man made?
No one can disprove it so why can't we go with that theory?

The stout believers have to look at both sides and not be so blinkered.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
*que the stargate sg1 theme*

i firmly believe in et's, and i'd love to believe in et's visiting earth, but that's about as unlikely as faster than light travel being anything but theoretically possible.

to travel faster than light you'd need an einstein-rosen bridge (wormhole), or the baility to travel through "extra dimensions"

call me a skeptic, but i doubt any race advanced enough to traverse the stars would be the slightest interested in humans.

lets assume they have visited earth, with technology advanced enough to warp space itself
do you really think they'd still be using transistors and microwave ovens? suposedly both those came from reverse engineering stuff from the rosewell crash
also, do you seriously think a race could be intellegent enough to fly across the galaxy, yet dumb enough to crash their ship on an alien planet with no way to get home?
there's just no way an intersteller craft could crash that easily, and if it could, then i doubt it was intersteller.

personally i bleieve the entire "aliens visiting earth" sham was created by the government, then denied by them to confirm to the people that it really happened and the government was just covering it up.
that way the government could work on their top secret planes (stealth bomber for one) wihtout fear of the people finding out what was going on for real because they'd be too wraped up with aliens.

i find that to be much more believeable as well as far less insulting to the aliens that very well may exist out there somewhere

now if you want to see what i think crashed near rosewell, balsawood, rubber, and all, look no further than:
jnaudin.free.fr...

lifters use high voltage to produce thrust and consist of a lightweight balsawood frame, aluminum foil, thin wire, and a 20+KV powersupply

now if you built one big enough, you'd be able to house the power supply onboard as all lifters can support a small payload in addition to their own weight
the bigger the lifter the bigger the payload
if you were to build one the size of our illeged alien spacecraft, then you'd probably be able to bring your own powersupply as well as yourself to fly it

with a few variations of power to different locations to the craft you can steer the craft as well

watch the videos of some lifter experiments and see for yourself how alien-like they seem
i have seen almost every maneuver claimed of alien craft performed by lifters, rapid stops, 90 degree turns, and all the rest of it.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I believe in life out there somewhere, the universe is wayyyyyy too big to not have other life out there. It would be an awful waste of space. Only problem is I belive that there are many different races out there, some of which are bound to be hostile towards us. I base my opinion on any research or personal experience, but just that theres too much space out there not to be anyone else. I believe thats why so many others believe there is life out there.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I think the one sure sign of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is that (to my knowledge) none of it has landed in front of the White House lawn and said "here we are".

They're smart enough to stay away from this rock......

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Many of you are underestimating alien intelligence, empathy, and what it takes to survive for billions/millions/ hundreds of thousands of years. I'll tell you one thing... hostility won't do the job. As long as there are weapons with a billion years advanced on them there are going to be solar systems blowing up everywhere... I don't see that happening. For even if a single dominent race took over the (infinite)universe they'd eventually end up fighting themselves. Survival of the fittest for an intellectual species with the capacity to produce weapons of mass-mass destruction must, at some time, become spiritual and peaceful.

Please, re-think their intentions and their character.

Infinite love and eternal peace,
Give someone a hug.

[edit on 15-10-2006 by UbiquitousInfiniteReality]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Umm...sorry but so what. A few hundred years ago some people, perhaps a majority believed the earth was flat. If they were alive now, they likely would not believe that. Go figure. It's like people use the your outnumbered argument thinking it equates to it must be true.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod

Err... and the point of this thread is what? That half of all americans believe that
extraterrestial life exists on other planets? Thats what, 250 million people out of a planet
consisting of 6 billion? Thats not overwhelming odds by any stretch.

That is not proof. Its just someones opinion. The real question is whether they are here
or not, and we have no proof of that either.

Don't people realise that the UFOs we see in the skies could be man made?
No one can disprove it so why can't we go with that theory?

The stout believers have to look at both sides and not be so blinkered.

Good to see someone on the right track.
I deal with %'s everyday and I know for a fact... I know that word is
banded about easily, a fact that percentages are boosted up or down
by some of the most respected companies in the world to gain an
advantage in any market.

With all the theories out there about the Military and the Aliens,
secret bases, moon hoaxes and NWO, I wouldn't surprised if a
a survey would show that sites like these cause more confusion
in people's beliefs.
Oh... and nobody wants to believe we're alone out here.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apass
I don't see how how "non-believers are outnumbered".

I guess it just comes down to as what you define as a non-believer. Myself I would class one as someone who flatly says "I dont believe that alien races exist. Thus a believer is someone who believes alien races do exist. And there are 60% of those who believe, compared to 40% who dont believe.

"Doing the math" on questions about whether people think aliens look similar to us, can fly, or shoot lazers from their eyes is pretty irrelevant since it has nothing to do with someone is a believer or not, the replies given are merely conjecture, guesswork and have nothing to do with believer/non-believer status.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Good thing I'm not in life contest with "believers" or this information might be relevant. Also, it's proven that people believe ANYTHING.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I wonder what the results would be of a survey that asked skeptics if they thought they had above average intelligence. People with average/lower than average intelligence, when surveyed gave they answer that they had above average IQ, around 80 percent I think, which is statistically impossible.

I'm pretty sure that skeptics/non believers/whatever label would have a pretty much higher opinion of themselves than normal people. It's pretty easy to confuse intelligence with cynicism and skepticism.

Really gets my goat sometimes when you guys place yourself above other "gullibles"

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
heh you know why men are happy becouse there are those pretty Venusian woman to have fun with and the woman are afraid becouse all men will change to those Venusian woman lol

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
you realise that survey says nothing about how many poeple think we are being visited by ETs

I beleive like most there is other life in our own galaxy. But i dont think theyre visiting and neither does seth shostak

The reason most people belive alien life is out there is becuase what science tells us. Recent discoveries from planet formation to extremophiles make it very likely life exists somwhere else in the galaxy.

Even the extreme pessemists like peter ward & donald brownlee admit microbial life is probably very common.www.space.com...

[edit on 6-12-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Here's yet a bit more evidence on "non-believers being out-numbered" - by a factor of Believers=97%, Non-Believers=3% (as of this writing)!

In fact - you can join the poll and make an easy one-click vote yourself.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Yeah, so I personally believe life is out there, so what. That has nothing to do with the half-brained blind believers who claim they get abducted and diddled by some reptilian every night.

It's almost embarrassing that some foolish folks try to lump the fact that average people with common sense, reason and logic think there is life out there and use it to promote their utter foolishness that life is visiting here and "they know it" LOL.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human Defense
The non-believers equal dumb. Because they are just believing what is "cool" to believe so they don't become "unpopular" with the retard crowd. If they actually thought about it they would come to the conclusion that there HAS to be life on other planets. Duh duh duh!!

I don't know about you, but I really haven't seen any non believers here?
I really haven't seen one single post that states that there is no other life in this galaxy. If so .. It must be a very religious person, and has nothing to do with "the cool people"..

To be a debunker, has nothing to do with not believing. We genuinely just hate people that lies and makes fake videos.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human Defense
The non-believers equal dumb. Because they are just believing what is "cool" to believe so they don't become "unpopular" with the retard crowd. If they actually thought about it they would come to the conclusion that there HAS to be life on other planets. Duh duh duh!!

That is sooooo well said !!
Your quote almost made my day.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I don't know about you, but I really haven't seen any non believers here? I really haven't seen one single post that states that there is no other life in this galaxy. If so .. It must be a very religious person, and has nothing to do with "the cool people"..

For some reason I have seen numerous such posts here, and I am a new member so it must have happened in a short perioid of time as well.

If somebody says that he is a skeptic and only believes when enough evidence is presented to him/her, it pretty much states that such a person doesn't exacly believe in aliens.

A lot can be read between the lines. Its because people have different ways to express their ideas and also every single one of us has a different set of consciously known words.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Beyonddeath

How is being "outnumbered" relevant to the truth (whatever that might be)?

BTW, I am not a "non-believer" - but I still like logic... ; )

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join