It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheehan is a finalist for Peace Prize!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
www.kvue.com...

Sheehan also announced at the signing that she's a finalist for a Nobel Peace Prize.

Hey, since Jimmy Carter, the United Nations, Yassir Arafat etc...won in the past, maybe she has a chance!

I would love any opportunity to get Sheehan back in the news! Hopefully the winners are announced around election time! Talk about an October surprise!

mod edit: added external quote tags
Quote Reference (review link)

[edit on 13-10-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Don't forget Henry Kissinger!! He won the Nobel peace prize in 1973.

Some people deserved it (like Mandelea & Desmond Tutu), and some didn't.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Kim Jong-Il would be a better candidate.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
I would love any opportunity to get Sheehan back in the news! Hopefully the winners are announced around election time! Talk about an October surprise!

Call me dense, but I am curious why you view it this way. She is a more divisive than unifying and even the majority of her family does not support her from what I hear. I can understand why a good part of the rest of the world would support her efforts, but are you American?

I am shocked at this development, and quite frankly agree with Grady. What are the standards?

Edit: I just took note of the fact that this announcement comes from her. Anyone come across anything to back it up?

[edit on 10/13/2006 by Relentless]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Here's the winner.

Bangladeshi economist Muhammad Yunus and his Grameen Bank won the Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for their pioneering use of tiny, seemingly insignificant loans — microcredit — to lift millions out of poverty. Through Yunus's efforts and those of the bank he founded, poor people around the world, especially women, have been able to buy cows, a few chickens or the cell phone they desperately needed to get ahead.

news.yahoo.com...

According to this article only the Norwegian Nobel Committee knows who the nominees are.

...[T]he winner of the award is hard to predict. [No] one outside the secretive Norwegian Nobel Committee knows the list of nominees for the award. The world is waiting for the person who has done the best for world peace this year.

www.timesnow.tv...

That comports with my understanding of the process.

Google Search

[edit on 2006/10/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Kim Jong-Il would be a better candidate.

Kim Jong is the runner up behind Sheehan, he just isn't getting much respect these days.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless

Originally posted by RRconservative

Call me dense, but I am curious why you view it this way. She is a more divisive than unifying and even the majority of her family does not support her from what I hear. I can understand why a good part of the rest of the world would support her efforts, but are you American?

I am shocked at this development, and quite frankly agree with Grady. What are the standards?

Edit: I just took note of the fact that this announcement comes from her. Anyone come across anything to back it up?

[edit on 10/13/2006 by Relentless]

I was being facisious! (sp?) The October Surprise would have been against the Democrats.

Anytime Sheehan is in the news it is a definate plus for Republicans! As a Republican, I was rejoicing, and really pulling for her to win! I have lost all respect for the Nobel Prize since the exclusion of Ronald Reagan.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Ah, I was so confused. Especially looking at your screen name, I thought I was in the twilight zone.

Probably best to be more careful to read these types of things when my brain till my brain is in full cafeine mode.

Carry on.

Still, I have to agree, the Nobel Prize is just flat out questionable at this point, though I do like the guy that got it for the microloans, except it's probably some sort of NWO plot. (see, I can be facetious too)

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The Nobel Peace Prize has been meaningless for most of my life. The others are more credible.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
If this individual were to actually win a Nobel Peace Prize I would be sorely disappointed more so then I am now in the commitee.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It would be almost as much fun to watch the right wing wingnuts go spinning into the stratusphere over something like this, as it would be to watch the left wing wingnuts go spinning off into the aether over Karl Rove running for President should either of these unlikely events occur. This would be some serious fun...

The Nobel Peace Prize is really almost meaningless these days. So really, who cares, outside of a bunch of left or right wing wingnuts. Were Ms. Sheehan to win it, she'd still need therapy...the sun would still rise in the East, set in the West.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Well, i have to agree with my Republican friends on this one.

I think her getting this award is ridiculous.

Are the standards that low now? Because if they are, i'm going to do what she did.

I have compassion for the woman, but this is not Nobel Prize material, imo.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
SHEEHAN claims she's a finalist for the prize. Considering how wonky she is, can we really trust her claim? No. She lives in her own fantasy world.

She may have been nominated .. but heck .. thousands upon thousands are nominated. Anyone can be nominated. HITLER was nominated. That doesn't mean she's a 'finalist'.

Sorry, I can't believe anything that poor deluded woman says.

MY QUESTION -

quote from the story

Sheehan bought a house in Crawford where she and her supporters often protest near President George Bush's ranch.

Where'd she get the money to buy a house in Crawford? (for that matter, where'd she get the money to be flying in and out of Hawaii and other exotic spots around the world??) Is this her son's insurance money or is this money that people donated to her 'peace movement' that she's spending on herself and her new career of trying to be famous????

Another question .. has she put a grave stone on Casey's grave yet? I know that as of a few months ago the press was reporting that even though she was spending time and money jetting around the world, poor Casey still didn't have a tomb stone on his grave from his poor disheartened grieving mother.

[edit on 10/25/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Oh Gawwwwd, FF, now you are pretending to know the womans finances, and questioning where her money comes from??

Let me remind you that banks issue mortgages and most people can aquire a home that way???

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
now you are pretending to know the womans finances

Nope. If I knew her finances I wouldn't ask the question. where is she getting all this money to fly around the world and to buy a home with?

and questioning where her money comes from??

we are a conspiracy site. We ask questions. Her book isn't doing well at all. Where's her money coming from? Where'd her son's insurance money go? Why, as of a few months ago, did he still not have a tombstone and yet she is flying in and out of Hawaii and buying a (2nd?) home in Crawford?? Who is bankrolling her?

Let me remind you that banks issue mortgages and most people can aquire a home that way? ..

Let me remind you that banks issue mortgages to people who HAVE JOBS and/or who can pay them back and most people aquire homes THAT way.

- back atchya.

Edited for punctuation.

[edit on 10/25/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Isn't it possible that the Republicans are funding Sheehan? I mean, isn't it to the Republican's advantage that Sheenan is in the news?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Speaking of the winners of the prize, do you know how many micro-loans *I* have made to members of my family????

I want my prize and I want it right now.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Sheehan's finances aside .... I still don't believe her. A 'finalist' for the Nobel Peace Prize?
So she says. And like it has been pointed out ANYONE can be nominated. Hitler was nominated and Arafat (a gay pedophile rapist and murdering terrorist) won it. The Nobel Peace Prize doesn't mean what people think anymore and I still don't believe her anyways.

top topics

join