It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Capabilities are Finite to Him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
They are infinite to us because we cannot fully comprehend God.

If God's capabilities were not finite to Him, He would "wake-up" with a new idea and, as such, the Universe would be controlling Him. The truth is that God controls every aspect of the Universe.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
But how do you know this? How can you touch on that which is beyond your farthest reach and say one that is bigger than you can know can reach it and it doesn't go any farther?

I'm not picking on you - but I don't see that we are yet able to tell.

All I do know is that 'with God all things are possible.'

ALL things. Not categorically men-things or god-things....just ALL THINGS.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I forgot to add:

how can having an idea put one (anyone) in subjection to anything?

If creation was an idea which God had and then brought to pass - did something control or coerce that creativity from God?

Or is creativity, in its purest form, both freedom of mind and of originality?

An idea cannot imprison or subject the mind it comes from unless that is what the idea is geared toward accomplishing.

Ideas are leadership not servitude, don't you think?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Truly, there is 'nothing new under the sun' but only man is 'under the sun.'

Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.
Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it?
I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.
~Isaiah 43:18-19

How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter?
for the LORD hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man.
~Jeremiah 31:22

For the LORD shall rise up as in mount Perazim,
he shall be wroth as in the valley of Gibeon,
that he may do his work, his strange work;
and bring to pass his act, his strange act.

~Isaiah 28:21

And how strange it will be! And you will marvel, Great Tech, even you! You will be stunned with mouth gaping open and speech dried up. Then you will sing Hosanna to the King of Kings!

Remember where you heard it from! Because I am being totally serious in saying that!

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
queenannie38, all things are possible within the human realm as God's thought and action capability is ALWAYS greater than ours, so we term it as Infinite. God's capability is finite to Him, Infinite to us, and our capability is finite to us unless we are delusional. Our goal should be to share in God's Finite Knowledge and Wisdom, that is, Finite to Him, but at the moment Infinite to Us.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
queenannie38, I did not see your two new replies as I was typing when you replied. Believe me, I sing praise to God, the Father, Jesus Christ, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, each day. In fact, my prayers use the phrase "Infinitely Great" before each of the Three Greatest Beings in the Universe.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
God's capability is finite to Him,

But, my brother - how do you know this? Why would you say it? There is no way to say and it seems as if such a limit is limiting only towards us - we restrict His power in our lives by deciding how much He has (in any venue) instead of just knowing He is THE BOSS and nothing can stand before Him....

The power of God is IT!

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
how can you say gods capabilities are finite to him? that doesnt make sense if you agree that god can do whatever he wants or imagines. finite means limited, god is not limited to anything, once again you are thinking in human concepts.:bash:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
God's capabilities are finite to Him, unless He can learn. If God can learn, a Greater Being than God must exist. No Being is Greater than God. Since God cannot and has no need to learn, He will always remain Eternally Omniscient and Eternally Supreme.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
God is never finite. God is infinite and eternal, never ending and never beginning. The infinite source. GreatTech, please be careful in your attempts to spread the truth. God is not finite, not even to Godself. God is omni-infinite and omni-eternal, and only omni-infinite and omni-eternal. Never is God any less.

♥~Infinite Love and Eternal Peace~♥

[edit on 19-10-2006 by UbiquitousInfiniteReality]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by UbiquitousInfiniteReality
God is never finite. God is infinite and eternal, never ending and never beginning. The infinite source. GreatTech, please be careful in your attempts to spread the truth. God is not finite, not even to Godself. God is omni-infinite and omni-eternal, and only omni-infinite and omni-eternal. Never is God any less.

God is Infinite and Eternal to us. There is no beginning or ending for God. Nothing is new or old to Him. However, His capabilties are finite to Himself, otherwise He would have to learn new capabilities from a greater being or Himself. God does not need to learn from any being including Himself. God is the "always was and always will be" Being of the Universe.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by UbiquitousInfiniteReality

God is Infinite and Eternal to us. There is no beginning or ending for God. Nothing is new or old to Him. However, His capabilties are finite to Himself, otherwise He would have to learn new capabilities from a greater being or Himself. God does not need to learn from any being including Himself. God is the "always was and always will be" Being of the Universe.

You exist within the infinite and the eternal. You are infinite and eternal to God just as God is infinite and eternal to you. There is no end or beginning of you either. God is not a He. God IS the 'ETERNAL BEING' which is everything that ever has and ever will 'BE' including yourself. God is with and within you, and you are with and within God.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
If God had Infinite ideas to Himself, He could not control Himself. Instead He has finite ideas to Himself, which are Infinite to humans, animals, and plants; thus, He has complete control of Heaven, Hell, the Universe, and the Earth.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
There is NOTHING God can not do.

THERE is nothing outside of God's power.

There are no limits on God, WHATSOEVER.

We dare not even speak of such things - it's like 4 year olds talking about the President's sex life or something.

We know NOT.

I had a dream once.....

GOD is so BIG.

BIGGER than you can imagine. I only got a split second glimpse because my mind would have exploded. I am totally serious and honest with saying this.

GOD ISBIG!

\o/
\o/
\o/
\o/
\o/
\o/
\o/

(I meant what I said, truly.)

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
God is Big!!! Huge!!! Astronomical, beyond what I can imagine Him!!! However, the purpose of this post is not our perception of Him, but God's perception of Himself.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   

However, the purpose of this post is not our perception of Him, but God's perception of Himself.

But who can know that other than God?

Is the Most High God, King of the Universe,
now a member here at ATS?

Because if not - then what is the true purpose of such a thread?

Is it self-serving, brother-serving, or God-serving?

I love you GT!

God bless and keep you!

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Love you, too, queenannie38. Thank you for your comments. I may have crossed the line into sin with the sequence of thoughts I had in this thread.

My only goal in Life is to learn more about God so that I can Love and Worship Him even more!!! The sins of pride and arrogance can get in the way of this pursuit.

Thanks for the reminder about the Virtue of Humility!!!

top topics

join