It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Plane Crashes Into Building In NY

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I work an avenue over. Complete mayhem right now. We were told by corporate security to stay put and not leave the building. That sounds a little to familiar for me though so I am out of here!

link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
Oh man how can this happen in NEW YORK CITY after 9/11? Even though it looks like a small plane and unlikely to be terror related this kinda thing should have been off the menu since 9/11 2001 surely? Clearly then New York is just as vulnerable as it was back then, what was homeland sec. and patriot act for? and it's 10/11 today

I didn't think of the date.. Geez, attacks on 9/11, 4/11, and 7/11. Sounds like an accident but 10/11 date is scary. Hope nothing else happens!

link   
cnn just stated the fire is not spreading . the first picture i saw there was two windows engulfed, then i saw a picture of 4 windows on fire. i hope this fire is put out and the cause found to be simple pilot error or soemthing like a heartattack.

is this carl roves october suprise. im sure some americans are feeling the fear of 9/11 right now.

i think the dates you are looking for are 3/11 and 7/7 , maybe im wrong.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Without meaning to sound funny but if that building collapses i will strongly believe someone is trying to prove a point and shut up the conspiracy theorists by saying

"ooh look it happened again, So it does happen after all"

[edit on 11-10-2006 by thesaint]

link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
They think it was a helicopter now but still not 100% sure, seems to be an accident though.

Just watched an eyewitness on BBC News 24 state that it was a small white 4 seater plane.

Also:

The FBI has told the BBC that there is no indication that the crash is terrorism-related.

Source.

[edit on 11/10/06 by Implosion]

link   
Shouldn't security in NYC have been 'tighter than usual' at the moment due to the fact the UN Security Council are meeting all week?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by on_yur_6
I didn't think of the date.. Geez, attacks on 9/11, 4/11, and 7/11. Sounds like an accident but 10/11 date is scary. Hope nothing else happens!

Chilling observation! I never would have caught it. I certainly hope we're not beginning to recognize some type of pattern related to terrorist attacks.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
cnn just stated the fire is not spreading . the first picture i saw there was two windows engulfed, then i saw a picture of 4 windows on fire. i hope this fire is put out and the cause found to be simple pilot error or soemthing like a heartattack.

I just heard them say the fire is spreading, on CNN..

According to Fox, 2 is confirmed dead. No word on how though..

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
Shouldn't security in NYC have been 'tighter than usual' at the moment due to the fact the UN Security Council are meeting all week?

There apparently was no cause for alarm in the UN building, according to CNN. The UN apparently was told it was a helicopter. Plus there is a helipad nearby, so I am sure there have been little blips every now and then during landing.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
norad just said they are putting fighter aircraft in skies above us cities.

do they know something we dont?

i think its a good idea to get firepower in the sky, we just never know where this story could go.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
o my god just got home from school am wathing news and listening to the news and fire dept scanner god i hope this isnt terrorist

from brooklyn -GTB

[edit on 10/11/2006 by gregthebunny]

link   
This would be enough to panic anyone given the circumstances.
I sure do hope this was a true accident and not a way to let out a biological weapon on the city.

link   
Question, why is it that the aircraft was apparently not in contact with anyone? That seems a little odd, but especially odd in this city above all others. It seems that every aircraft would be required to stay in contact.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This is a sad story. They are saying its an accident. I hope the building doesn't fall like Iv'e heard others talking about. I don't think it will. This is only October 11 wonder what else is going to happen? Such a busy month.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Anyone know if this is on the River or interior of the island. I figure airspace would be closed to personal craft. Now everyone knows a small plan could fly over NYC with a tactical on board. Seems like a helicoter would make more sense for an accident

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Gosh tell you what that brought back some horrible emotion,

There saying people are trapped my thoughts are with them and that they get out fine,

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
norad just said they are putting fighter aircraft in skies above us cities.

do they know something we dont?

Strange enough, the skies are actually silent here this afternoon. Normally we constantly have Cobras and fighter jets flying over.

Do they know something we don't know? That's a good question. I guess I'll be keeping a better eye on the skyline this evening.

Asala, I just heard on CNN that everyone has been evacuated. Whether that is accurate at this point or not, I do not know. Let's hope everyone will be ok.

[edit on 10/11/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I hope this isn't a setup to prove that response to disasters has improved. Seems like someone would know which plane has crashed, even if it is a private plane, etc.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It 5 years 1 month later to the date.

Its October 11 today. I'm sure everyone knows this though.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by banditboo13
Anyone know if this is on the River or interior of the island. I figure airspace would be closed to personal craft. Now everyone knows a small plan could fly over NYC with a tactical on board. Seems like a helicoter would make more sense for an accident

York Ave. is on the extreme east side of the island, near the East River.

Latest from FOX is that the Port Authority of NY & NJ hasn't closed any NY area airports due to this.

edit:

Ok, now they're saying the FAA has shutdown the airspace within one mile of the building hit, which should still not affect the major airports, but there is an east side heliport that may be affected.

[edit on 10/11/2006 by djohnsto77]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join