It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mods

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
From what i understand the admins choose the mods. If any of the supermods get any input it is very little.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Senior moderators and administrators are senior staff, and moderators make suggestions/nominations too. After all, they are staff members, the only real difference without the "Super" in front is that we can sit back and watch TV while they have to go out for the drinks.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Simon Gray, how come all the super mods i have talked to said they have none or very little input in picking new mods?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Hey, that's no fair, David, it's been months since I've gotten drunk and shot up the TV set in the break room!

Uh huh..

There was also that time you tried to BBQ me, the time you shot yourself in the foot, and the time you got piss drunk and sang Mariah Carey songs.

Yeah, i still have the pictures

Its okay monkey, theres a whole lot of modlove going on in that house, just be sure to stay away from the initiation parties or toga parties, you may get hurt.

So, who put up the cash for the mod house extension? and just who got my bedroom?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
Senior moderators and administrators are senior staff, and moderators make suggestions/nominations too. After all, they are staff members, the only real difference without the "Super" in front is that we can sit back and watch TV while they have to go out for the drinks.

That's because you don't know that we "mods" control what you admins and supermods look at on t.v.. You're being brainwashed at the moment and you don't know it. Soon the whole ATS will be ours!!! And later on the world!!! We're the real omega agency...

Mwwwhahahahaha!!!!

Aww damnn!!! I snitched!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza
Simon Gray, how come all the super mods i have talked to said they have none or very little input in picking new mods?

...probably haven't talked to me then...

Yes, we DO have some input in the choice of Mods. There have been people suggested, by Admin occasionally, for possible moderator status who have been refused due to SuperMods having their say. There have also been people brought into Mod status, or kept with Mod status despite the desire at times from Admin to perhaps remove that status.

It certainly isn't all one way or the other.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Thanks to staff and all the mods who replied to this post as I was really curious as to the process, and PM this post had absolutely nothing to do with you being chosen as a mod. That is as far as I am concerned. I really think you bring a breath of laughter to the board, so keep right on with yourself!

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:52 AM
link   
First,I'm not a senior member of staff so I am not privy to the decision making process.

I did find this decision bizarre especially for a board that purports to be a meritocracy which advances those that improve the overall quality of the board.

I guess the lesson is that without full knowledge it is hard to fathom the criteria that are considered for these appointments.

Following the rule that if you can't say anything good then say nothing,I'll say no more.

JB1

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 05:55 AM
link   
That was me, I think I mislead him. I don't pay much attention to the mod choosing. I don't have much input.

I'm sure others do. I've given bad input in the past and wouldn't want to do it again, but I did tell ILP that I'll pay attention for the next time.

The confusion came during a chat room conversation with him. I quite often do speak incorrectly on the fly as its real time and no time to reread it properly and think about what I'm trying to say.

Sorry, ILP, I'll do better.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I have no problem helping out, seeing other people bashing on other boards gets out of control.

I am level headed.

Just a thought for the ATS Staff. If not no problem.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Honestly no offence to TPM, but I just felt there were alot more qualified people for the position than him, so I would just like to know how this is done.

More qualified people? Maybe....but remember, they'd also have to WANT to be a Mod...
I'm sure it's a combination of:

1. Making it known you want to be one.
2. Showing an ability to diffuse arguments (i.e. hang out in the Pit, and make a good showing)
3. Having others respect you.
4. In the case of BTS, having a light-hearted approach.

PM certainly meets this criteria, so I can see why he's a mod. (Poor Colonel, hehe..
)

In any case John, I don't see it being long till you are asked....
You too seem to meet the general criteria for mod, just a matter of needing one...

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
gazrok i think you would be a good mod, i have no idea if you would want to be though...

i also think ma(masked avatar) and seekerof would also do the job well..

id let ilp(i love pizza) be a mod just to shut him up..

i think, skadi the evil elf.. drunk.. and myself would also be quite good mods...

i cant really think of anybody else but im pretty sure there is some people i have missed out would would make good mods...

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
gazrok i think you would be a good mod, i have no idea if you would want to be though...

i think, skadi the evil elf.. drunk.. and myself would also be quite good mods...

i cant really think of anybody else but im pretty sure there is some people i have missed out would would make good mods...

What about me? BOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!

Only kidding TBR.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   

You do that and i will personally hunt you down and excute you dear.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I appreciate the sentiment, but I've been there, done that...(not here). It's a lot of work, for little thanks, so I definitely know what it's like on that side of the fence. Bless them for putting up with all of us!

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

You do that and i will personally hunt you down and excute you dear.

I hear you on that one (other places, not here)

Seekerof would make a great mod in my humble opinion

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I'm not sure who said it earlier up there, but making it known you want to be a mod is most definitely not a requirement of being chosen to become a mod.

If anything I'd say its a detriment to your chances.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

What about me? BOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!

Only kidding TBR.

yes you aswell john.. like i said i bet there is people ive missed..

nerdling can be my modslave...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join