It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Category Regarding Christ Do You Fall Into?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
4 categories:

1) believe that Christ has Eternal Life and you will have Eternal Life.

2) believe that Christ has Eternal Life and you will not have Eternal Life.

3) believe that Christ does not have Eternal Life and you will not have Eternal Life.

4) believe that Christ does not have Eternal Life and you will have Eternal Life.

I fall into the 1) category. Which category do you fall into?

God Bless All!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Me, i'm camp 1 all the way....

doing all i can day by day to get ready for the big day when i get to go to God and get judged.

Not saying im perfect, far from it, but good deeds are easy to do, make the soul feel happier / more alive, and make others feel that at least some one still cares...

Do good, its good for you! ( Oh and a few thanks to God and Jesus would not go amiss)

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
3) believe that Christ does not have Eternal Life and you will not have Eternal Life.

Given that Im an Atheist number three is the best pick. Personaly I think once your dead your dead I dont think that there is an after life.
It is possible to believe that the person known as Jesus lived 3000 years ago without believing that he was the son of god , he came back to life and he went to heaven e.t.c .

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Number 1 BABY!!!!!

Looking forward to meeting him...

Semper

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I can't speak for Jesus because I have never met him, but I can tell you that I don't have eternal life. When I die thats it. Kind of sad really...

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
completely regardless of historical and theological considerations, Jesus has more-or-less eternal life in the consciousness of mankind. as long as a few humans remember the idea of Jesus, he will live on and continue to influence their lives (and therefore the world) in one way or another.

as for myself, i think he had a good thing going. even if i don't get to live forever, i plan to create an intellectual immortality for myself through the propagation of a few key cultural memes.

that's getting toward the end stages of my master plan, though.

[edit on 7-10-2006 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
[sorry, double post]

[edit on 7-10-2006 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nihilist Fiend
I can't speak for Jesus because I have never met him, but I can tell you that I don't have eternal life. When I die thats it. Kind of sad really...

Did a physicist tell you this or a priest or minister? Priests and ministers say many prayers at a person's funeral. Where is the physicist at? Probably involved in self-seeking and greedy work for winning a Nobel Prize.

Embrace God and Spirituality and it will all come to you. You just have not recognized it. God is Love, Loves All Life, and Loves All of His Creation.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'll take door number 1! That's the one with Heaven as the prize! For a Christian no.1 is the only appealing choice.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nihilist Fiend

Did a physicist tell you this or a priest or minister? Priests and ministers say many prayers at a person's funeral. Where is the physicist at? Probably involved in self-seeking and greedy work for winning a Nobel Prize.

Embrace God and Spirituality and it will all come to you. You just have not recognized it. God is Love, Loves All Life, and Loves All of His Creation.

what do you have against physicists?

i am the son of a physicist and he is a very pious man

anyway, i'm pretty sure that when i die i will live on eternally, as part of the carbon, water, and nitrogen cycles.

the matter in my body will disperse across the planet

my conciousness, no clue what's going to happen to that, there's no evidence to show me that anything will happen to it

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
madnessinmysoul, I have nothing against physicists. I believe many of them are intelligent. I just believe they should devote more time to purifying their own and other souls rather than purifying matter.

Consciousness exists not only while we are awake, but also in our dreams and for Eternity. This does not need human evidence. This comes from Faith in the Supreme Being that created consciousness in the first place, and subatomic particles, atoms, molecules, cells, planets, stars, galaxies...

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

madnessinmysoul, I have nothing against physicists. I believe many of them are intelligent. I just believe they should devote more time to purifying their own and other souls rather than purifying matter.

Consciousness exists not only while we are awake, but also in our dreams and for Eternity. This does not need human evidence. This comes from Faith in the Supreme Being that created consciousness in the first place, and subatomic particles, atoms, molecules, cells, planets, stars, galaxies...

so you DO have something against physics...

and EVERYTHING needs evidence to PROVE it exists

and if something requires faith, it cannot be proven
faith is something illogical

i do not believe in said supreme being....

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
madnessinmysoul, I am still waiting for the physicist or other scientist to create a comparable earth or sun, but I always realize that they cannot. God, the only true Infinite and Supernatural Being of the Universe, created us to worship Him so that we can share in His Eternal Glory of Life.

Why does bad or evil take place? For the Future Greater Good, as Mandated by God.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   

madnessinmysoul, I am still waiting for the physicist or other scientist to create a comparable earth or sun, but I always realize that they cannot. God, the only true Infinite and Supernatural Being of the Universe, created us to worship Him so that we can share in His Eternal Glory of Life.

Why does bad or evil take place? For the Future Greater Good, as Mandated by God.

um....
still no evidence that a being created the universe, and don't give me any of that "well, it's here, isn't it?" crap.

also, if given unlimited resources, manpower, and time a group of physicists could easily create a sun and a planet to orbit it.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
also, if given unlimited resources, manpower, and time a group of physicists could easily create a sun and a planet to orbit it.

Does that mean that physicists try to compete with God? Does that mean they lack in the Capital Virtue of Humility? Does that mean that they are always angry with God?

Why not devote intelligence to feeding Africa and South America?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I dont think christ come under any of your categories. On saying that though I do tend to agree with the poster who said christ would live on in peoples minds. And I take it your talking about jesus right? Since he was not the only 'christ' ever to appear!

G

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Science tells Me God must exist,
My mind tells me I will never understand God,
And My heart tells Me I am not meant to.
Vittoria Vetra Angles and Demons

Says it pretty well I think.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
stalkingwolf, many people yearn, myself included, to know God. There are few things greater than knowing something about God and His Principles. We can reach this Exalted Spiritual State through 1) Prayer, 2) Reading the Holy Bible, 3) Attending Religious Services, 4) Helping the Needy, 5) Teaching God's Word...

Those that attempt to know God, learn something and can perform an act that pleases God. If we do not attempt to know God, we are left in an abyss that creates nothing, or worse destroys.

We cannot love something that we do not know, and God wants you to Love Him. So we must always attempt to know God so that we can always satisfy the First and Most Important Commandment of Loving Him.

new topics

top topics

join