It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is the currency in the kingdom of heaven?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
just words, just a thought.

what is the currency in the kingdom of heaven?

i believe that the kingdom of heaven would find "truth" to be the most lucrative currency, coupled with love and with fearlessnessingfully.

currency of heaven?

lovingfully truthingfully fearlessingfully.

----------

i thank you for your time, and i thank you for my time.

i look forward to all contributions and thoughts on this subject, and thank you in advance for your inputs.

i thank you.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Sounds great =) Sounds like some truthingfullyness. So, when do we get to usher in this Heaven? =)

[edit on 9-10-2006 by UbiquitousInfiniteReality]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
bacon is the currency in the kingdom of heaven. Please don't ask me how I know this. I do. Accept that as fact and start lining your pockets with bacon for the day of the apocolypse.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The currency of Heaven is the souls of unbelievers. For example

1 muslim = 5 buddhists
1 buddhist = 5 hindu
1 hindu = 5 pagan
1 pagan = 1 Jew

But, because everything is provided for in heaven, all you can buy is a night of dirty sex (gay or heterosexual) with the Lord Jesus Christ.

He's the highest priced whore in the universe.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Hello All, this is my first post here on ATS/BTS. I don't believe I have read a more disrespectful post to date. I am shocked to witeness someone make such a statement so blatently disrespectful of the faith and belief's of others. I would encourage the poster to edit ( if possible) the post.........

TextBut, because everything is provided for in heaven, all you can buy is a night of dirty sex (gay or heterosexual) with the Lord Jesus Christ.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Christianity itself is disrespectful to my belief, so I figure turn about is fair play.

Screw Jesus (but I believe it will cost you 2 muslim souls)

[edit on 9-10-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Rasobasi420,

You just made it to the top of my prayer list for today (I know, big deal, whoop-dee-do).

I PRAY that the Holy Spirit will come into your life and put you on the path to salvation in Christ. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it.

I would be willing to discuss here or via U2U why you feel that Christianity is disrespectful to your beliefs.

DENY INTOLERANCE!

John 6:44,45
(Christ speaking)
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up on the last day. It is written in the prophets, AND THEY SHALL BE ALL TAUGHT OF GOD. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

God bless you, and may He have mercy on your immortal soul for your blasphemy.

[edit on 13-10-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Icarus Rising, I'll come into agreement with you on this request...

I PRAY that the Holy Spirit will come into your life and put you on the path to salvation in Christ. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it.

I too was once a non believer, but never in my life would I have been so confident in my position, as to slander in such a blatant way one of the Greatest Characters ever to Grace the human race. I too share your hope and concern for this individual's awakening, and, ask it be done by the promise givin to us all, so that we might share in the celebration of his arrival also......... Thank You LORD God!!! Peace out.....

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Thank you, but I don't need your prayers for my immortal soul. And, As for which part of Christianity degrades my beliefs? I'm unbaptised, so I'm going to burn in hell for eternity. Contrary to popular belief, most religions don't have the believe this or burn forever clause. This is limited to Christianity. I don't believe that Christ is the son of god sent here to save mankind. And because of this you believe I deserve to burn in agonizing pain. To me this is very offensive.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

1 Peter 5:10
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

I hear a lot about eternal damnation, but not so much from the pastor of the Bible Church I attend. He does say, on occasion, that Hell is a real place, and the unsaved in Christ are consigned there for all eternity.

I choose to believe that Christ wants us all to be saved, and a careful reading of Revelations has lead me to conclude that our stay in Hell, should we be sent there, is not the same as the stay of the devil, and the beast, and the false prophet.

Revelations 20:10
And the devil that deceived them was cast down into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Contrast the above with this:

Revelations 20:12-15

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

I don't see the phrase for all eternity used here as it was above for the devil and the beast and the false prophet, do you?

I relate Revelation 20:15 more to 1 Peter 5:10, in that, after you have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

I believe we are all perfected in the crucible of faith one way or another, and the variable is the amount of heat applied, if you know what I mean.

Peace to you, and my recognition of your entitlement to your own belief system.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The Kingdom of Heaven is Communist.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Romans 10:9 because if you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For one believes with the heart and so is justified, and one confesses with the mouth and so is saved. 11 The scripture says, "No one who believes in him will be put to shame." 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; the same Lord is Lord of all and is generous to all who call on him. 13 For, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

and

" ...Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."" Acts 16:30,31

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

So is some of the bible wrong?

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I don't think so.

The excerpts above say nothing about, nor do they imply, eternal damnation, imo.

Negation of the inverse doesn't prove the contrapositive, or something like that.

What those excerpts do say, though, is that salvation lies with Christ; Who He was; I believe, the Son of God, and, what He taught; unconditional love.

We have the opportunity to be children of God, co-heirs with Christ to the Kingdom of Heaven.

"He died for me, so I can be, a child of God."

Do you equate non-salvation with eternal damnation?

I believe we all end up coming to Christ eventually, one way or another. He wants us all to be saved. After all, He came to call sinners, not the just.

[edit on 13-10-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
A little bird told me that prostitutes were the currency in the Kingdom of Heaven.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
still sticking with the souls of the unbelievers.

And, may I present the Landover Baptist Bible Quiz
www.landoverbaptist.org...

1. This tyrant hated everyone who was not a white, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant heterosexual and attempted to exterminate everyone else, thus resulting in the violent slaughter of millions of people. On his death bed, he sincerely asked Jesus to take over his life.

Correct Answer: A (Heaven). No matter how horrendous your pre-salvation conduct, if you accept Jesus and stop sinning, all prior sins are forgiven. ....

And more

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Thank you, but I don't need your prayers for my immortal soul.

you don't need? ha ha, funny. and you draw this conclusion of not needing upon what? your opinion? your opinion is what? besides flawed logic, i mean.

an opinion is a thought process dependent upon how your mind works. i am referring to the process of the "law of association".

the law of association dictates your neuro-net (brain) can only experience fully new information ONLY if you have chosen to accept as fact the pre-requesites neccesary to take in (actually learn) new information.

this is why your kindergarden teacher didn't start teaching you multiplication or division or algebra on day one. first you had to learn to accept as fact numbers, and first know how to count. you simply are not capable of fully understanding the number "5" without first accepting that "1", "2", "3", and "4" were real enough for you to believe were fact.

And, As for which part of Christianity degrades my beliefs? I'm unbaptised, so I'm going to burn in hell for eternity.

really? you believe that because you are unbaptised you are going to burn in hell for eternity?

Contrary to popular belief, most religions don't have the believe this or burn forever clause. This is limited to Christianity.

really? there are about 5 billion muslims on this planet, and their koran does say a similiar thing about their faith. their are also texts in their beliefs that say if they do not accept Allah as the one true god, they are to be killed.

so, your "contrary to popular belief" statement is not consistant with reality. And, yes, you were totally ignoring other religious beliefs to make a statement like: "This is limited to Christianity."

I don't believe that Christ is the son of god sent here to save mankind.

Well, what you believe or don't believe is still dependent upon your opinion, and your intentions. Since you are so sure of yourself, and you "believe" you know yourself so much better than anyone else could, please enlighten us:

"since your brain is subserviant to the "law of association", and you CAN NOT learn a new thing without first accepting as fact pre-requisites that enable you to actually experience reality, then .. . ..

What did your opinion start out with?

What is at the core of your neuro-net?

What is the first truth you accepted as fact?

Answer these three questions for us, to demonstrate how better you know your own truth over those who would offer to pray for you. I am looking forward to your answers, to prove to us how well you know yourself.

And because of this you believe I deserve to burn in agonizing pain. To me this is very offensive.

you said:
"And because of this you believe I deserve to burn in agonizing pain."

the only person to make that claim in this entire thread has been you:

And, As for which part of Christianity degrades my beliefs? I'm unbaptised, so I'm going to burn in hell for eternity.

Now, i have taken the liberty to review the past 15 forums you have posted in, and could not find any ATS or BTS members who said that someone who is not baptised automatically burns in hell for all eternity.

I have also taken the liberty of reviewing all recent posts and threads authored by the members who contributed posts prior to you making these statements, and again i could not find any posts by them that state that they believed that someone who is not baptised is automatically sent to a place to burn for all eternity.

in reviewing everything i know about the bible, and having asked a rabbi, a deacon, and 2 priests they pointed out a few verses from their doctrine that did not necessarily mean that one who is not baptised automatically burns for all eternity. the verses i saw could be taken different ways, but did not have to mean that eternal burning was an absolute for someone who was not baptised.

but, if you were seeing clearly, you would have already known this.

perhaps you are not seeing right because someone has "bapped your eyes?"

bapped eyes.
baptized.

ha ha, i gots jokes.

[edit on 13-10-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
A little bird told me that prostitutes were the currency in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Boy, i hope i am right about TRUTH being currency in heaven.

that way, if all i have to do is be honest .. . . . . perhaps i'll never be so poor i could not afford the company of any of the prostitutes.

i gots jokes.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
you don't need? ha ha, funny. and you draw this conclusion of not needing upon what? your opinion? your opinion is what? besides flawed logic, i mean.

I'm saying it does no good to pray for me. Your prayers will not change my mind. Evidence may, but if you truly want to save my soul through Christ, then praying aint gonna do it if I don't believe in his spiel.

really? you believe that because you are unbaptised you are going to burn in hell for eternity?

No I don't. And that's the only thing that matters. I'll give you that. But as for other Christian believing that I deserve to burn forever, I refer to question 3 in the Bible quiz.

3. This incredibly kind young Asian woman devoted her whole life to caring for the handicapped and rarely said an unkind word about anyone. However, though a Baptist missionary once witnessed to her for five minutes, she nevertheless chose to remain in the non-Christian religion her parents, grandparents, neighbors and friends had taught her all her life.

Correct Answer: B (Hell) Accepting Christ is the only hope for salvation and anyone who fails to do so fries.

really? there are about 5 billion muslims on this planet, and their koran does say a similiar thing about their faith. their are also texts in their beliefs that say if they do not accept Allah as the one true god, they are to be killed.

* There are 1.8 billion Muslims in the world.
* The Quran teaches to allow their neighbors to worship as they choose. More than that, once their sins in this life are repaid in hell, they are forgiven by Allah and ushered into heaven.

so, your "contrary to popular belief" statement is not consistant with reality. And, yes, you were totally ignoring other religious beliefs to make a statement like: "This is limited to Christianity."

Okay, throw one at me, and I'll show you how much more forgiving it is compared to Christianity.

Well, what you believe or don't believe is still dependent upon your opinion, and your intentions. Since you are so sure of yourself, and you "believe" you know yourself so much better than anyone else could, please enlighten us:

"since your brain is subserviant to the "law of association", and you CAN NOT learn a new thing without first accepting as fact pre-requisites that enable you to actually experience reality, then .. . ..

Answer these three questions for us, to demonstrate how better you know your own truth over those who would offer to pray for you. I am looking forward to your answers, to prove to us how well you know yourself.

What are you talking about??
My opinion started as a blank slate, and was formed over my years of existance.
I've learned to accept very little as fact. But I can recognize when something is fiction.

you said:

And you'd be right if the Christian population was limited to the 3 or 4 in this thread. I was asked why Christianity was disrespectful to my beliefs and I said why. It doesn't matter if anyone else said it.

in reviewing everything i know about the bible, and having asked a rabbi, a deacon, and 2 priests they pointed out a few verses from their doctrine that did not necessarily mean that one who is not baptised automatically burns for all eternity. the verses i saw could be taken different ways, but did not have to mean that eternal burning was an absolute for someone who was not baptised.

but, if you were seeing clearly, you would have already known this.

16 The one who believes and is baptized will be saved; but the one who does not believe will be condemned. 17

But this is aside from the point. Simply, if I don't accept Christ I'm not saved correct? The baptism is just a part of the larger, opressive, whole.

perhaps you are not seeing right because someone has "bapped your eyes?"

bapped eyes.
baptized.

ha ha, i gots jokes.

[edit on 13-10-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Xeros has been the closest so far.

According to what I was taught to believe, in Heaven
there is no want, as everything you could ever need
is provided, and so there is no money.

Money and indeed capitalistic thinking is a sapien concept.

Of course, I'm for all intensive purposes an Atheist.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
No I don't. And that's the only thing that matters. I'll give you that. But as for other Christian believing that I deserve to burn forever, I refer to question 3 in the Bible quiz.

3. This incredibly kind young Asian woman devoted her whole life to caring for the handicapped and rarely said an unkind word about anyone. However, though a Baptist missionary once witnessed to her for five minutes, she nevertheless chose to remain in the non-Christian religion her parents, grandparents, neighbors and friends had taught her all her life.

Correct Answer: B (Hell) Accepting Christ is the only hope for salvation and anyone who fails to do so fries.

this was information introduced to you by the bible, or one of the contributors to this thread?

Where did you get this from? I'd love to talk to the person who believes this, and would ask for a verse from the bible that supports their position. Curious if they would be able to find one.

* There are 1.8 billion Muslims in the world.

And each of those 1.8 billion people have a conscious brain, a subconscious brain, and a part they have not totally accessed yet.

so, 1.8 times 3 brains in each =

1.8 + 1.8 + 1.8 = 5.4 billion brains.

* The Quran teaches to allow their neighbors to worship as they choose. More than that, once their sins in this life are repaid in hell, they are forgiven by Allah and ushered into heaven.

I have spent over 2 years in islamic nations, and have spoken to many clerics of their faith, of which i highly respect. if i am wrong about the killing of none believers, then it is because they showed me something different, and/or lied to me. Or, they spoke the truth, but were not talking about killing the physical body, but were refering to the death of the part of the mind which supports the individuality or "ego" of the brain.

Okay, throw one at me, and I'll show you how much more forgiving it is compared to Christianity.

you have yet to prove to me that christian doctrine adamantly proves that those who are not baptized are automatically condemned for all eternity. so, this arguement is mute. Still you insist that you can prove all religions are more fogiving than christianity, yet you can not produce christian doctrine that supports your claim that people who are not baptized burn for all eternity with no chance of ever getting out. so, how can i really expect you to be able to TRUTHFULLY prove to me that Voodoo (for example) is a far more forgiving when you can't utilize christian doctrine to support your own claims, or back up your own words?

What are you talking about??
My opinion started as a blank slate,
and was formed over my years of existance.
I've learned to accept very little as fact. But I can recognize when something is fiction.

What am i talking about?

i am talking about you not paying attention to reality, because your current state of mind obviously makes you incapable of doing so.

What am i talking about?

As much as i LOVE repeating myself to people who can't absorb reality, i shall quote myself, as you did, not like you were paying attention. . ...

I am talking about you not even knowing yourself, nor being willing to do so. Proof? Proof is in your words:

My opinion started as a blank slate, and was formed over my years of existance.

Really? You think you can recognize fiction? I think you are lying. I know you are lying. Lying to us, and LYING TO YOURSELF!!!!!!!

You think you can recognize fiction???

Here is some fiction for you:

My opinion started as a blank slate

You can recognize fiction? Liar.

Your opinion started as a blank slate?

Well then, you are obviously not human, nor are you like any other life form on this entire planet.

We were all born with INSTINCTS!

And, yes, INSTINCTS were your first accepted truths, even before your daddy's sperm met your mommy's egg, you were destined to have instincts. So, you did not start off as a blank slate. You can not recognize fiction. And you obviously are currently incapable of even being honest with yourself in your curreent state of mind.

you said:

And you'd be right if the Christian population was limited to the 3 or 4 in this thread. I was asked why Christianity was disrespectful to my beliefs and I said why. It doesn't matter if anyone else said it.

It does matter if someone else said it or not. If no one else said it, how can you use your arguement as a re-buttal to a statement no one else has ever said?

16 The one who believes and is baptized will be saved; but the one who does not believe will be condemned. 17

But this is aside from the point. Simply, if I don't accept Christ I'm not saved correct? The baptism is just a part of the larger, opressive, whole.

Where does this say that people who are not baptized will be condemned?

I see where it says "the one who does not believe will be condemned." But, i do not see where it says "All who are not baptized shall be condemned to burn for all eternity"

I see where it says: "The one who believes and is baptized will be saved", but i do not see where it says: "all who neither believe, nor are baptized, shall be condemned to burn for all eternity".

So, you have still failed to prove your arguement about a christian belief that you believe is real, when there are no words to present to support your claim.

that was expected.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join