It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Photographed Over Erupting Mexico Volcano!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   

The spectacular photograph taken by reporter Alfonso Reyes while making a report of the gigantic violent awakening presented a bright luminous object that contrast with the black clouds of smoke that emanated from the volcano crater. The photo was taken in a 20 seconds exposure time and a 24 mm angular lens.

Due to the long exposure time the camera captured the luminous descending trayectory of the object that seems to make a quick turn into the crater direction. The possibility of a meteor was discarded considering the described trayectory of the object.

Santiago Yturria

Now could that have been some sort of a flare? But flares don't behave in this fashion. And then this wasn't seen by the naked eye. The photographer noticed the anomaly only after the film was developed! Cloaking technology??

Source

[edit on 2-10-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Interesting photo but it could be something as simple as a lightning bug or even a plain old moth. Anytime you setup a camera in low light with a long exposure time you can get stuff flying past and appearing as bright streaks on the film. The first clue is that the photographers usually claim they never saw it until the film was developed, then the obvious reason is that it was just a bug zipping by.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I know this will turn out to be a camera anomaly or something but I swear, when I look at the pic, the brightness of that streak seems to fade in and out to me. Also, the same with the brightness of that red light down from the top of the mountain. Of course, it could also be the fact that it's nearly 6am where I am but it still felt weird enough to comment on.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Maybe it was a piece of fireworks like a 20oz rocket or something like that. maybe even a bottle rocket.

Pie

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Maybe it was a piece of fireworks like a 20oz rocket or something like that. maybe even a bottle rocket.

Pie

If it was a rocket, then it would have been visible to the photographer. But this manifested itself only after the film was developed. So that's why I mentioned 'cloaking', if indeed it was a UFO.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
If it was a rocket, then it would have been visible to the photographer. But this manifested itself only after the film was developed. So that's why I mentioned 'cloaking', if indeed it was a UFO.

Yeah but assuming that its not a hoax. If it was a hoax pic then of course he would say it wasn't there at the time he photographed it. I think the other pics with the Cigar shaped object in the smoke of the volcano was something that seemed a lot better then the streak of light photo. That one definitly had promise.

Pie

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   

...also no airplane or helicopter were present in that place for obvious reasons.

Except aircraft and helicopters fly around erupting volcanos all the time. It's possible he got a time-lapse picture of an aircraft doing a survey of the area.

It's also quite possible (this was a film camera) that he made a double-exposure by accident. If the camera was set manually to the reported 20-second exposure, he could have triggered it before or after the volcano shot without realizing it; this could even be a long-exposure streak of the sun.

Without seeing the other images from the roll or having any camera information at all, of course, we have nothing else to go on.

As for the cigar-shaped "object', there's not really anything which connects it to the ash cloud except that they're in the same xy position on the picture. In fact, the thing in the closup is visibly out of focus compared with the background clouds, suggesting it is much closer to the camera: a bug, bird, or piece of lint, perhaps.

top topics

join