It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouija, dangerous?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr cryptoman
i have tryed ab ouiji board with my freinds actually i made a thread about it a few months ago and nothing happened to me except my other freinds were winding up one of my freinds whos mum was a spiritualist and really beleived in this stuff and they were winding him up saying they were being possesed and opening portals to hell even though im an atheist and dont beleive in this stuff if people really thing this is dangerous then dont do it if u dont want too im just sayin nothing bad happened to me or my freinds

Something that people do not take into consideration when it comes to miracles and spiritualistic events is the power of belief. I certainly believe in the spirit world so I am more likely to experience something than you as an atheist is.

I think that a lot of people, particularly of a fundamentalist background, expects to experience something negative when they are involved in spiritualistic activities. Therefore, usually something negative does occur to the. Now,I have a story of my own; it's one that happened to a friend of mine. May he rest in peace.

I wenet to school and worked with a guy named John. Anyway, when I was working with him in the grocery business, he told me that he was messing around with a quija board.

Here is a rough transcription of what was said.

John: Hey man, I've been messing with a quija board. You know anything about them?

Me: A little. Why?

John: Well, it told me that I was going to die before my twenty-fifth birthday.

Now,at the time he was about 22 or 23 years old and I really didn't think too much about it. Guess what. He was killed a couple of days before his 25th birthday.

Now,I don't personally believe that the board caused his death,but I do believe that he believed what the board said so strongly that it became a reality for him.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
So, you're claiming that no person out there understands Ouija boards. That's very bold statement. I understand much of the psychology behind the alien communication and conspiracy. Just like I've said before, just keep a camcorder rolling and not much will happen. But, why? Because they are aliens. They don't want to show things like that too much.

Your right, that was very bold statement.. So let me say that 95% of most people dont understand Ouija Boards. Including myself, I dont know.. But what I do know is this.. Ive used a Ouija Board before and it never did a damn thing for me, but I thought it wouldnt work for me becasue I understand that if there are powers to these things, then it couldnt use me as a vessle becasue I wont allow it to use me in such a manner.. What I did to test these boards, I took stones and put them in a bag, I grabbed a handful and didnt count them.. I then asked how many stones are in the bag.. Nothing happened for me, however I noticed my friend moving the peg.. I told him not to play around like that.. As most people in groups will get on the Ouija board and move it themselfs, it only takes one person to start the movement.. I discredit them, but at the same time have a feeling that I dont want to be around that kinda of energy.. Not becasue Im afraid of it.. But because I do not understand it.. Its dangerous to play with things that you do not understand..
If you have any links or other info to help me understand more about Ouija boards Id be very happy to read into it more, As Im very igornant to all this.. All I know is what I feel, and what I tell myself.. And I know enough to be able to say that I dont know enough to be so bold about any statement I make on this

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Ok, after hearing what everyone has to say, i know this sounds like a bad idea, but im going to buy one, does anyone work, or do they have to be real.. and i dont really understand how a cheap 16 doller game at wal-mart can really help you contact Demons and Aleins

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RavenWindfree
The Ouji board is very dangerous

The OUJI BOARD IS NOT A "GAME" I repeat. It is a very spiritual board in which you really have to be careful because you could end up having a bad experience.

Anyways...

The board is a portal for both GOOD and BAD spirits. not directly on the board, but you open yourself to those things when using it. The bad spirits called "Dark Entities" can easily pretend to be someone else and talk to you through the planchette. Sometimes you get alien entities as well.. it is because we are in a different demension, though as sci-fi as it sounds, that's what it is. If you are going to use one, which I highly don't reccommend. You better protect yourself in however you do it. Whether it's by holy water, or the father, ot however you want. You have got to have some form of protection.

Ouji boards haven't always been known to cause deaths but there is a possibility. It can happen.

It was first made out of wood, and was used to contact spirits, which is used to do the same thing today. I rebel against the fact that they even made glow in the dark ouji baords and are selling it at " wouldn't you know" K.B TOYS. How rediculous to sell some serious thing like that to a child.

Well, that's all I have to say. I've used it before too, but I got bad vibes from it. I gave it back to the store and trust me you are much better without it.

I have stories but RavenWindFree gave all i would have said and more,take Ravens advice!!

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
ouija boards are nothing more that a sales gimic meant to atract the people that board games like monopoly wouldn't normally attract

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by razor1000
ouija boards are nothing more that a sales gimic meant to atract the people that board games like monopoly wouldn't normally attract

Nothing personal,yes i will say,the thing is a person can call or open doors without a board "game" ,but this "game" gives you "tools" & the more people "playing" the better esp if the belief is strong..it all adds up to the "game" is there to contact spirits not getting a 'out of jail" card.

It has been made a "game" now avail as in most shops as monopoly,but couple hundred years ago it was quite a serious tool,which teens can go and buy and then they get "played" with.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I would say Ouija boards are dangerous, and im speaking from experience. Had some horrible experiences after trying to use a board, we werent doing it properly, so it didnt work at first and we didnt really bother trying really. I then thought nothing of it and stashed the board in my closet... Bad idea. Long story, many horrible experiences later, and after I threw the board out and everything returned to normal, it was over.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Time_is_now
Ok, after hearing what everyone has to say, i know this sounds like a bad idea, but im going to buy one, does anyone work, or do they have to be real.. and i dont really understand how a cheap 16 doller game at wal-mart can really help you contact Demons and Aleins

If your really going to buy on and use it, tell us all what happens truthfully and keep us up to date on your findings.
But BEWWAAARRRREEEEEE MWAHAHAHAHA

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
try it, its fun. here is what you do. buy a compass. get an old peice of wood. make the peice of wood into a perfect triangle. this is the important part, now make a pentigram on this wood, some of the points on the pentigram will line up with the points on the triangle. next , in the center, careful not to touch any of the lines, drill a hole in the center so the compass is in the middle. the compass will direct you to any letter or number, when contacting the other side. the board is to be made of old wood also, the older the better. i suggest you sand the board to a fine finnish, it works better. to use the board you need 3 or more people. its works best after 10pm, i do not know why. the board to have the alphabet on it , and numbers 0-9 and yes on one side and no on the other. set the board on a table with two mirrors at each end and some lit candles preferrably 3 or more. before you begin you must all think of your questions repeatedly to yourself, while you all hold hands in a circle around the mirrors with the pentigram and the board in the center. you must meditate for at least 10 minutes thinking of your question or questions only. you must have a window open to let the spirits in and to show that you welcome them in. only one person asks questions to the board and the others are to remain silent while thinking, meditating their question or questions. sounds funny aye. well dont knack it until you try it,cause you will see and hear the spirits in the mirrors and all your questions will be answered, so pay close attention to what happens. after holding of hands you break and all join hands on the pentigram and the chosen one will ask the questions. the chosen one is the one who is closest to the candle that goes out. yes, a candle will go out, and that lets you know it has begun and the chosen one must ask the questions and they all will all be answered. please do not let go of the pentagram when it starts, it frees the spirit or spirits out of the mirror. the chosen one will let you know when it is over and only then can you let go. ok, have fun.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
i know this works from exsperience. me and my ex-girlfriend and her friend were drinking one night and the subject came up about the ouija board. her friend said she had one, but it was homemade. i said , what, homemade, and i asked whose it was and what it looked like and why did they make it. she said it was her mothers and it was handed down in the family, but she did not know why they made it. i said, well lets go get it. she said no. i said why? she said it was her mothers and we were not permitted to take it out of the box. i said does it work? she said that she saw it used a couple of times by her mother. i said , why was it in the box. she said she was banned from it because her and her friends abused the board by asking wrongful questions and conjuring evil spirits. i said what is a wrongful question? she said, her question she thought of was, is shawn cheating on me? i asked , why that was a wrongful question. she said, her mother said, that you were not to ask questions that are hurtful to others or yourself, it only lets in bad spirits. i said lets go get it, i really dont beleive in that stuff anyway. she said lets drop it im sorry i brought it up. well to make a long story short. i got her to bring it over to my ex's house and we used it. she told us on the phone that we needed two mirrors to rest on the table, i didnt ask this time i just got them. she came over and exsplained to me not to let go of the pentigram no matter what you hear or see until the last question is ansered and she exsplained. she also said that if the last candle goes out before all questions were answered that we were blessed and something good to come our way. the question i thought was, where are my keys? the ouija replied, in couboard in cup. then it pointed to yes and then it gave a number 61. after that i heard a weird noise and was told not to break the circle. call me crazy, but i thought i saw something move in the mirror to grab me, i broke the circle and as soon as i did the last candle went out.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
littlebird

so , you are blessed ?

that's nice. but

how will you feel ,if someone

who is not blessed, has a problem

from using the board

after being encouraged by your

experience ?

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Hi thread. I haven't posted in a long time, but this is a subject I just love to talk about!

Now before we start out let me say that I am not a teenager and I do not make up stories. I am a 37 year old man, and a computer programmer. I consider myself quite sane and approach everything with an open mind.

I have participated in ouija, last year with my partner who is 35 and her mother who is 65. At first nothing happened, and we did feel a little bit silly talking to "nobody".

But after a while the glass did move. The movement it made was clockwise within itself, in other words it stayed on its spot but turned. This wasn't spectacular, but it was enough for us to sit up and take notice. This continued for several minutes, the turning got more pronounced but it did not move to any of the letters. We had the usual conversation of "did you move that?", "no, did you?". You see even family don't trust each other!

The glass was now moving around the board, very slowly but also turning on itself. This continued for several minutes and we thought that was it, we thought we didn't have the "gift". Boy were we wrong! All of sudden the glass moved at speed to letters on the board, it almost jolted our arms out of their sockets! It was spelling nonsense, but as I understand it this is what the entity needs to do to get the "feel" of the board. I can't remember what discussion we had with the entity, but it was nothing nasty and as a point of note, I really thought I would be scared if the glass moved "on its own", but I didn't at all. All I felt was good and happy, quite strange seeing as though what was happening before my eyes.

We conversed for quite sometime, but got relatively few proper words from the entity. And sometimes it would feel that the entity got frustrated that it couldn't get us to understand what it was saying and the glass would go round in circles. Eventually the glass stopped moving to the letters and went round the board in huge circles, slowly to begin with, but eventually it went very fast and it seemed that the entity was playing with us, not maliciously I hasten to add.

It was getting late, so we said goodbye to the entity and went to bed. That's it, nothing bad, no-one got scared, no-one died, no horrible tale to tell. I'm sorry that this seems a pretty boring ouija experience tale, certainly compared to the others I have read and heard. But it is the truth, and to even get the glass to move at all is an achievement in itself I think.

If anyone wants any tips on getting a ouija board to work, I would simply say that you should take it seriously, it is not a game and the entity does not consider it to be a game. We only got results when we sat up and took notice. Consider it like watching a serious documentary on the television. Be polite, don't feel stupid, don't laugh, and don't mock the entity. Ask sensible questions, nothing stupid like "when will i die" etc.

As for my oppinion on what we were contacting, I really don't know. Maybe it's a spirit, maybe inter-dimensional, I cannot say. I am still open-minded and willing to listen to other people's stories and oppinions. One thing I do know is that it is real, and it is not a game.

If any children or teenagers are thinking of trying this out, I would only recomend doing so with an adult. Only so that the questions do not get out of hand. And if things are done with adults, they tend to be more serious by nature.

At the end of the day we really do not know what we are contacting, and it is human nature to be scared of the unknown. Don't be scared, but don't be stupid either!

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   
if you have a problem useing the board, dont use it. i was stating an exsperience i had. the being blessed, i dont know what she meant by that, i never asked, because when we started that was not running thru my head. the only thing that was , was to prove the board a hoax. the only thing i got out of it was i was proved wrong and i had nasty hang over. things that happen to people and sound funny to others does not mean that it did not happen, ok. it was just weird.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hey the observer, found your post interesting, have you ever heard that the messages can come through jumbled up sometimes, I read on a website its quite handy to have someone there to write the letters down incase they do come through jumbled, (i've never experianced it my self when I used a board but it could be why it seemed like jiberish).

Also when you say the glass was going in circles did it sort of jolt towards any letters or just go in perfect circles???

Was it a ready made board or did you use letters on paper with a wine glass??

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621
Hey the observer, found your post interesting, have you ever heard that the messages can come through jumbled up sometimes, I read on a website its quite handy to have someone there to write the letters down incase they do come through jumbled, (i've never experianced it my self when I used a board but it could be why it seemed like jiberish).

Also when you say the glass was going in circles did it sort of jolt towards any letters or just go in perfect circles???

Was it a ready made board or did you use letters on paper with a wine glass??

Hi Chris.

Yes I read that too. We were writing down the letters, and reading them back, even jumbled up most of it was nonsense.

When the glass turned, it was moving towards certain letters, just very slowly...

It was a board using letters from scrabble.

ok, now you gotta say why you're asking

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChandlerBing

Originally posted by razor1000

Nothing personal,yes i will say,the thing is a person can call or open doors without a board "game" ,but this "game" gives you "tools" & the more people "playing" the better esp if the belief is strong..it all adds up to the "game" is there to contact spirits not getting a 'out of jail" card.

It has been made a "game" now avail as in most shops as monopoly,but couple hundred years ago it was quite a serious tool,which teens can go and buy and then they get "played" with.

yes its true that the ouija board has been around for a while, and i agree with you that a person doesnt need it to open doors. its people that empower it not the other way around so basically this thing is just a tool as you call it to focus one's energy, and the same thing could be said of the bible and the cross

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
littlebird you say you saw somthing reach out for you or somthing, what was it?

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I MESSED UP THE QUOTE

I was asking out of curiosity, the only kind of ouija board i've used it letters on paper with a wine glass, and I've read that you can actually move the glass in circle yourself and the spirit will jot the glass towards letters (maybe if their not strong enough to move the glass entirely, I have not used this method) but it got me thinking maybe the spirit was doing that in order to get more of a feel if they were weakend or something.
I dont know if that method is true or not I just read it on the net.

[edit on 7-10-2006 by chris01621]

[edit on 7-10-2006 by chris01621]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
RavenWindfree

Yes I read it, but I already knew

they were dangerous. And 2 things

about those stores, 1.they

only care about money and 2.

by having it available to children,

it propagates the myth that

they are just harmless toys

for amusement.

unfortunately us americans are

led to believe lots of foolish things

that just aren't so.

for those seeking other opinions on this

try here ;

www.farsinet.com...

toasted

[edit on 14-10-2006 by toasted]

[edit on 14-10-2006 by toasted]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If you consider that the ouija board is just what it purports to be, a means of contacting the spirits of dead folks, I reckon that you really have to regard it in a similar way to the internet. Most of the people who've passed over are kind of like the people who're still here and they're communicating through a format where you can't see them - some may be genuine, some may just be hanging around, some may be out for some mischief, some tell lies just for the fun of it, and some may be really nasty - like people. The nasty ones especially might target the more vulnerable of us who're trying to communicate, like messageboards used by children and teenagers attract the attention of pedophiles. I don't think that the boards are evil in themselves, they're just a tool.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join