It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragonforce

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Anyone here on ATS listen to dragonforce?

I think they are very very skilled to play that fast the 2 guitarists but espicilly the drummer ..heres some dragonforce for y'all...

Dragonforce-Through The Fire And Flames

My Spirt Will Go OnDragonforce Interview

Unbeilvable Dragonforce Solo

Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
i've actually had that band bookmarked for a while now, just haven't had a chance to check 'em out yet... i can't recall how i heard about 'em... thx 4 posting the videos, off to check 'em out! rock on!

you probably already know this, but there's a few more videos here...
www.dragonforce.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by m3rlz
i've actually had that band bookmarked for a while now, just haven't had a chance to check 'em out yet... i can't recall how i heard about 'em... thx 4 posting the videos, off to check 'em out! rock on!

you probably already know this, but there's a few more videos here...
www.dragonforce.com...

Thx dude never saw the operation ground and pound vid before!!
rock on brotha

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
definitely some kick-ass metal mang, they can wail... through the fire and flames totally rocked... that one guitarist was drinkin' heineken while waiting for his part, lol... and they're gamers too, rock! i'm downloading Inhuman Rampage now, will get the other albums later...

along those lines, i also jam on old Helloween, Blind Guradian, Luca Turilli, Rhapsody, Nightwish, Demons & Wizards, Iced Earth, Stratovarius, Wizard... a few of 'em may be more symphonic metal than power metal, but it all rocks!

here's a vid for the title track from Luca Turilli's 1999 album, The Ancient Forest of Elves...
The Ancient Forest of Elves
he doesn't quite show his true talent in this vid, but it still rocks nonetheless... he is also the guitarist for Rhapsody...

i love gettin' new t00nz, thx again mang!

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I saw the operation ground and pound video on headbangers ball a couple of weeks back and I was blown away! The guitar players are incredible! I love the cheezy chorus, it sounds just like something Journey would have recorded back in 84 or so. I'm definately going to check out the full album.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I love these guys! But I'm pretty convinced there is no way they are human. They have to be robots or something....listen to how outrageously perfect they are....daaaaaaaang

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Yes, these guys ROCK!

They played in Manchester a few months ago and then had a beer in the local rock pub after the gig! That makes them even more perfect in my eyes

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
yup they are brillant,
And iam going to them in a LIMO!!!! muhahahaha!!

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
They can't play live to save their lives......

video.google.co.uk...

Horrible.... The guitarists can't even play in key and all of their solos consist of mindless sloppy nonsance played badly with horrible tone, week vibrato and bad phrasing... VERY overrated.

Their studio engineer did one hell of a job hiding how bad they are on their CDs (Ahh, the wonders of Pro Tools
)

The singer is acceptable though

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spreadthetruth
They can't play live to save their lives......

video.google.co.uk...

Horrible.... The guitarists can't even play in key and all of their solos consist of mindless sloppy nonsance played badly with horrible tone, week vibrato and bad phrasing... VERY overrated.

Their studio engineer did one hell of a job hiding how bad they are on their CDs (Ahh, the wonders of Pro Tools
)

The singer is acceptable though

.....DIE

....Just joking.......Not really tho

[edit on 10-10-2006 by Faint]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
No, it's kind of true. Dragonforce are very sloppy live. Besides..it's sad that Power Metal has degenerated to that. Dragonforce are VERY skilled. But..playing that fast doesn't make you awesome. All the stuff they play is mosly simple stuff when you slow it down.
Don't get me wrong at all people, they're good guitarists...but they're just really monotonous and samey. Not my cup of tea. I like some songs by them though. I have all of their albums. There's just better stuff out there in my opinion.

By the way, Dark Angel played faster than Dragonforce, but DA were Thrash Metal.

[edit on 10-10-2006 by UnstoppableForce]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnstoppableForce
By the way, Dark Angel played faster than Dragonforce, but DA were Thrash Metal.

[edit on 10-10-2006 by UnstoppableForce]

I was just listening to darkness descends on my way to work the other day. That album definately stands the test of time!

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
You rule for knowing who that band is!

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Dragonforce is the only power-metal band I listen to. And that's saying a lot because I've moved on to listening to a lot of jam bands, jazz, and fusion style music.

Dragonforce are great. Sloppy live, sure but within good reason. Their stuff is insanely hard to play. They even have some stuff they can't play themselves. But at least they try and push the boundaries.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Dude, there's way harder stuff to play that people play spot on live.

Cacophony, for instance. That stuff is WAY more technical, and hard to play than anything Dragonforce do. Marty Friedman + Jason Becker > Hermani Li + Sam

As a side note, as well. Faster doesn't mean more technical, or better.

You DO make a good point though, because a lot of people can't play anything that fast.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by UnstoppableForce]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnstoppableForce
Dude, there's way harder stuff to play that people play spot on live.

Cacophony, for instance. That stuff is WAY more technical, and hard to play than anything Dragonforce do. Marty Friedman + Jason Becker > Hermani Li + Sam

As a side note, as well. Faster doesn't mean more technical, or better.

You DO make a good point though, because a lot of people can't play anything that fast.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by UnstoppableForce]

Cacophony, Racer X, Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Experiment.

That's were the decent technical metal is at.

The guitarists from Dragonforce definatly have very basic theory skills (And technique). Anyone can turn on a pitch shifter-wammy pedal and make lots of fast crazy sounding noises , its just really unmusical and doesn't really add to a composition.

They have the potential to do something half decent though. Double pedal all the way through a song gets pretty tedious....

[edit on 13-10-2006 by Spreadthetruth]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Dream Theater doesn't really do anything for me. For me, Pagan's Mind are a lot better. Just me though. Petrucci is a good guitarist, but I don't get anything from his playing. No feeling in it, in my personal opinion. There are more technical bands than the ones you listed. I've heard Pagan's Mind do thigns better than DT, and with feeling. They're very different bands. But both have the progressive elements. Thing is, Pagan's Mind are more Metal than DT. I consider DT to be a progressive band with Metal elements here and there. I never got into Liquid Tension, or Racer x either. Cacophony just has really cool melodies, and technical solos. The riffs aren't interesting to me.

Have you ever listened to Watchtower, with Ron Jarzombek?

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Ah Dragonforce! very very fine and technical power metal.

I've only listened to their most recent effort, and i am impressed.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
A couple of my friends love them so I decided to give the album Inhuman Rampage a chance. I hated it. The music was very bland and lacking in all feeling and emotion of any sort. I don't care how fast a musician can play. I don't want pretentious music where its all about how fast you can play. I like music with some emotion in it. Any sort of emotion. Love, hate, anger etc.

Maybe their other albums are better, I don't know. But this listen hasn't won me over for sure.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
i like them

despite them being very sloppy guitarists live gotta love the music

top topics

<<   2 >>

join