It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in reincarnation (past life regression)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by annestacey

Don't put all your faith in what the bible says. It was written and rewritten by people with their own agendas.

it is an athiest that would choose not to believe there is a god.

it is an athiest that could say it was written and rewritten by people with their own agendas.

it is an athiest that is capable of believing god is separate from anything that exists.

god is always everywhere.

"i am the word"

ronald reagan.

what was he famous for?

"star wars" project is what crushed the ussr.

his star wars program was a "RAY GUN" .. . . raygun .. .... reagan . ...

row in all dragon.

ro in al dragun

ro n al dragun

ronaldragun.

drag gun [mirror] nug gard ....... nudge guard

what guard has been nudged?

the guard of the key.
the guard of the gates.
the guard of the kingdom.

peter, the rock.

Much was removed from the bible because it was thought that if people had multiple lifetimes to atone for their sins, the church would have no way of controlling them.

it was thought?
much was removed from the bible?

perhaps so, but no one can remove god from anything.

if i were an automibile, i would have enough love and enough empathy to know that if i were an automobile, i would feel guilty and shameful for polluting the air.

and a child shall lead them .. . . . .

and i would consolidate what an automobile would say into something short and simple, that would express the thought of "gas out my backside"

so an automobile would say:
"see, i fart"

see = c

so . .. .

"c i fart"

C I F A R T mirror T R A F I C

have a nice day.

Ok whatever all that crap was... I don't care. But let me make it clear that I am not an athiest.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Like I said when I started this thread, because of my faith and believe (100%) in the bible, and because the bible tells us there is no reincarnation (I believe)... I can't believe it is true.

Don't put all your faith in what the bible says. It was written and rewritten by people with their own agendas. Much was removed from the bible because it was thought that if people had multiple lifetimes to atone for their sins, the church would have no way of controlling them.

I understand exactly what your saying. And my analytical mind and rational thinking would say just the same thing. But, my biefe and faith work on a completely different level and I 'just know' and am very confident in it's truth. I figure it this way - if there is a God, (and I believe there is of course), the He is more than capable of bringing His word through all this time. I just have to be dilligent in my study to know what's what.

And thank CBDragon -
I though about playing around with the hypnosis on myself to see what I'd discover. But - to do regression into past life, you have to go into a state that needs to have a hypnotherapist. I can be both therapist and client at the same time. lol

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS

Like I said when I started this thread, because of my faith and believe (100%) in the bible, and because the bible tells us there is no reincarnation (I believe)... I can't believe it is true.

Don't put all your faith in what the bible says. It was written and rewritten by people with their own agendas. Much was removed from the bible because it was thought that if people had multiple lifetimes to atone for their sins, the church would have no way of controlling them.

I understand exactly what your saying. And my analytical mind and rational thinking would say just the same thing. But, my biefe and faith work on a completely different level and I 'just know' and am very confident in it's truth. I figure it this way - if there is a God, (and I believe there is of course), the He is more than capable of bringing His word through all this time. I just have to be dilligent in my study to know what's what.

And thank CBDragon -
I though about playing around with the hypnosis on myself to see what I'd discover. But - to do regression into past life, you have to go into a state that needs to have a hypnotherapist. I can be both therapist and client at the same time. lol

Actually there are another methods that will help you revealing these lost pieces of your lost memories of your past life, U2U me and I will wait for that anytime.

Chaoic out...

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
AngelaLadyS,

There is plenty of evidence in the Bible that Jesus taught reincarnation.....If you take the time to read this thread it will show and explain where Jesus taught reincarnation.

www.near-death.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr
AngelaLadyS,

There is plenty of evidence in the Bible that Jesus taught reincarnation.....If you take the time to read this thread it will show and explain where Jesus taught reincarnation.

www.near-death.com...

True... There is certainly ample evidence that his disciples at least entertained the possibility of reincarnation as well.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

AngelaLadyS,

I certainly have a bible here. I know you posted a link... but I didn't want to read about it, only the verses from the one here on my desk. Do you have a list of verses (not written out of course - just so I can look them up).

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS

AngelaLadyS,

I certainly have a bible here. I know you posted a link... but I didn't want to read about it, only the verses from the one here on my desk. Do you have a list of verses (not written out of course - just so I can look them up).

The link I posted has the verses and passages highlighted in blue.

Behold I will send you Elijah the prophet, before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. (Mal. 4:5)

This is one of the major Messianic promises from God that is found in the Bible. And these John is Elijah references clearly demonstrate the reality of reincarnation. So there are two important conclusions we can draw from this:

1. The Hebrew scriptures prophesied that Elijah himself - not someone like him or someone in the same ministry as him but Elijah himself - would return before the advent of the Messiah.

2. Jesus declared John to be Elijah when he stated that Elijah has come.

Based on these conclusions alone, either (A) or (B) must be true:

(A) John was Elijah himself which means that Elijah reincarnated as John the Baptist. And if this is true then reincarnation must belong once again in Christian theology. It also means that the concept of corpses crawling out of graves on Judgment Day can be discarded. OR...

(B) John was not Elijah reincarnated which means that Elijah himself did not return. And if this is true then either (1) or (2) listed below is true:

1. Malachi's prophecy concerning Elijah's return to life before the coming of the Messiah failed to happen. This would mean that God does not keep his promise and that the Bible is fallible. OR...

2. Jesus was not the Messiah.

Based on all the logic presented thus far, only one of the following conclusions is true:

I. Reincarnation is a reality OR...

II. Jesus was not the Messiah OR...

III. Bible prophecies are not reliable.

There is no way around this logic. Only one of the above options can be true. And because Jesus' declaration that John is Elijah is overt and direct, then the only option that can be logically true is (A).

www.near-death.com...

10 The disciples asked him, "Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?"
11 Jesus replied, "To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things. 12But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands. 13Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist. Matt. 17:10-13

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Whether or not there is any type of God, I'm not supposed to say. Reincarnation is an interesting theory, and there have been accounts about it. But then again, who's to say we will be reincarnated in the future? Why not the past?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   

But then again, who's to say we will be reincarnated in the future? Why not the past?

Very interesting thought.....If you believe what quantum theory states that time is not linear or all time happens simutaneously past present and future then why not be able to reincarnate into the past.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
According to Hinduism, this is how reincarnation works:

There are two aspects of the soul. There is the Jivatman, which is your soul as we understand it now. The Jivatman consists of our current knowledge, understanding and emotions. All that we think and know in this life is our Jivatman.

Then there is the Paramatman, which is the eternal soul. It has always existed. It was never created, and never will be destroyed.

When one’s life ends, the Jivatman is paired with the Paramatman to infuse all knowledge gained from that life. Then, as a new life arises, so does a new Jivatman.

The Paramatman is also recognized as God. And encompasses all souls that exist as one unified entity (ohm). It can be equated to a light. If you drape a cloth over the light, and put pinholes in the cloth, each pinhole will represent an individual soul, but in essence, is just the one light.

Since the Vedic concepts spread to Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, then to the Middle Eastern religions, it’s safe to assume that the original should be the base of understanding of the concept. And, based on the original concept, hypnosis, and past life regression does not work in the way that some believe.

Personally I think that much of the past life images that people see are planted from either the hypnotist, TV, or other information buried in the subconscious. If there is a true regression, then it would make sense that the information is not coming from a single soul that has been recycled, but rather dipping into the eternal, and universal Paramatman.

Just my thoughts

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Remarks like this are ridiculous for it means you then know what the original Scriptures stated. It also implies that you know it mentions, speaks of and teaches about "reincarnation" or past lives. How many times was it rewritten? By how many people? What did the original autographs really state?

I would love to know.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Most of your questions would bring this thread off topic. The one about reincarnation in the bible is a valid one though.

Here's a response:

The most well known instance of reincarnation in the Bible is that of the coming of the prophet Elijah before the Messiah.

Malachi 4: 5 Lo, I will send you the prophet Elijah before the great and terrible day of the LORD comes. 6 He will turn the hearts of parents to their children and the hearts of children to their parents, so that I will not come and strike the land with a curse.

For all the prophets and the law have prophesied until John. And if you are willing to receive it, he is Elijah who was to come. (Matt. 11:13-14)

And the disciples asked him, saying, "Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?"

But he answered them and said, "Elijah indeed is to come and will restore all things. But I say to you that Elijah has come already, and they did not know him, but did to him whatever they wished. So also shall the Son of Man suffer at their hand."
Then the disciples understood that he had spoken of John the Baptist." (Matt. 17:10-13)

So, either the bible does in fact state that reincarnation occurs, or the Bible is wrong, and Jesus isn't the prophesised messiah, and only taking advantage of the scriptures to convince others that he is te messiah.

So which is it?

[edit on 6-10-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Well your thread is about past life regression, but there is an age where many children remember things from their past lives (with out hypnosis) which have been tracked down and proven true. Like name, job and where they lived. Since they are kids, they have not been experimenting with mind altering drugs, alcohol, or hypnosis. And they probably arnt getting their memorys from TV since they prove to be true depictions of people who lived and died before these kids were born. I dont believe in coincidences, so that leaves one other possibility, past lives.

Hmm ill try and keep this short but I tend to ramble.. Anyways, I've read a couple books that mentioned past lives. One thing that struck me, which I've mentioned in another thread... oh here it is: (from a thread on free-will)

Originally posted by ViolatoR www.belowtopsecret.com...
I read about past life regression somewhere, maybe in "Holographic universe" or in "Closer to the light" which is about near-death experiences. Anyways some people can be regressed before their last life to many lives before, until they all start looking the same ("caveman" era). And between these lives theres a place where they plan their next life. They describe it like a giant clock or machine and each event they plan fits into the whole mechanism. So this one woman during a session, found out that the rape she suffered was actually planned by her! It was part of her plan to use experiences to shape her soul. Im not sure what lesson she was trying to learn by getting raped, but she found out that is was her choice. Her free will. This realization helped her out psychologically, I think.

Everybody dies, so we probably plan our deaths if these past life regressions are correct. Also 'souls' before being born, plan to meet other souls they met in previous lives. Maybe your mother was actually your best friend from school 50 years ago.

So the next time something bad or good happens, remember that it only happened because every event, every choice you ever made lead you down the path towards that specific event. And the event it's self may have been planned by you.

Also recently I saw another TV show about remote viewing or about "phychics" where they usually throw in either the guy from the CIA or the other guy from Army Intelligence both were trained to remote view and even remote attack people. In the shows about trying to prove psychic phenomenon, the remote viewers are the only ones who are always 100% correct. Anyways, the remote viewer said that once he was asked to follow people during their death. And on some of these trips he has seen them go into their next lives. Some of these lives are in the present time but sometimes their next life is actually in the 1300's or far into the future; where ever the next lesson they need to learn is.

Interesting to think about at least.

[edit on 10/7/2006 by ViolatoR]

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What is the purpose of reincarnation/karma ?

Anyone care to tackle that?

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I believe rEincarnation is meant to add understanding and perspective to every soul. If this life were the only life that one could live, it would limit their undertanding of the human soul. Simply put, the soul learns what it's like to be a middle aged Mexican woman, a Chinese midget, a Turkish prince, and a billionaire White dude.

It adds perspective that may not otherwise be gained.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnrealZA
What is the purpose of reincarnation/karma ?

Anyone care to tackle that?

Reincarnation is God's mechanism for learning, repentance, and is the ultimate source of His GRACE and mercy upon ALL of us. The only way to give us both our own mind yet ensure that not a single one is lost is to give us many experiences that we do not consciously recall (and the subconscious recollections are the storehouse of our sufferings which prevent us from stumbling about in blind error forever) is by
being eternally patient and not withholding our opportunities.

Karma is the 'law.' An eye for an eye. Christ taught us that the only way was through Him. He was truthful in that, of course.

He loved all - even those who would CRUCIFY him - those whose people his soul had brought out of the wilderness from Egypt!!! HE died at their hand without a PEEP.

He did not return an eye for an eye - and He didn't break the law.

He fulfilled the law and only by doing as He showed us to do (trust God within us, show no outward false piety, tell the truth and care for others as if they were our own) can we begin to understand the mysteries behind the gospel and the origins of this age as well as the end of it, too.

The end of this age is the restoration of all things - and the resurrection of the saints is the conscious recollection of our true self without the sorrows that He's blessed us by giving them only for learning but not for mourning.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Karma is different than an eye for an eye. At it's essence, karma is the natural balance. It's not a 'law' in the eye for an eye manner. It has been turned into that by those who feel the need to justify their actions through scripture. Much in the same way Catholocism has done with the Bible.

Basically, karma works like this. Since all souls are one, then any action taken against another soul is actually taken against your own soul. So damage done unto others is actually being done unto oneself.

Another aspect of karma is the concept of maya, the illusion. Since this world is only an illusion, any actions taken in this life has no real consequence in reality. The unified soul, or God, or global conciousness, or whatever one chooses to call it has everything pre planned. It has happened before, and it will happen again. If we keep this in mind, we can understand that our actions have no consequence, negative or posative.

Check out the Wikipedia page on Yoga for more about this. It's kind of hard to put down in a couple of paragraphs.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
As a Buddhist, I do believe in reincarnation.

BUT! I dont think you consciously remember anything of your past life. After all, your soul is simply what you experienced. sinces that energy is now put in a fresh body, you have new experiences.

Though, I think thatenergy does store information, which may make past life regression possible.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
i don't believe in reincarnation why would anyone want to reinflict this messed up life on themselves again... there is no way i would want it if it does exist whata nightmarethat would be it would be enough to drive you to drink

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by cobber
i don't believe in reincarnation why would anyone want to reinflict this messed up life on themselves again... there is no way i would want it if it does exist whata nightmarethat would be it would be enough to drive you to drink

The reason you do it again is to learn life's lessons. You cannot learn it all in one lifetime.

Maybe in one lifetime you are a slave in order to learn pain and humility, and maybe in another lifetime you are given wealth and riches in order to learn how to give to others who are less fortunate. If you decide to be selfish and keep your riches to yourself, you will need to come back and try again.

Think of your lifetimes as a school. You graduate from one grade level to move to the next. If you fail, you have to repeat that grade level in order to learn what you need to succeed at the next level.

Everyone moves thru these levels at their own pace. In between lifetimes, you meet with your spirit guides who help you decide what your next life will be. You determine who your parents, friends and associates will be, and what issues you will be faced with.

People tend to reincarnate in groups because being at the same 'level of spiritual knowledge', they can help one another move to the next level. Sometimes you need to be part of someone's life in order to right a wrong you did to them in a past life.

Your 'kin' spirit friends will help you in many ways by reincarnating as your parent, your child, a business associate, etc. When you meet someone and instantly feel that you know them or like them without having spent much time with them, it's usually because you have been friends, family or associates in some form in a previous life (or multiple previous lives).

There is lots of very good books available on the subject. I've been studying reincarnation for over 25 years. Once you learn what it's all about, practically everything in the world makes sense to you. You stop questioning "why" things happen. You understand there are very important reasons why things happen. You begin to understand why some people live to be 100 years old and why some people experience sad or tragic deaths at young ages. You understand why some people have easy lives while others lives are so difficult.

Ever heard the phrase, "what doesn't kill me makes me stronger"? It is very true! The harder your life is, the more you are learning. You choose the life you are going to live because you know it's going to teach you things you need to learn. So if life is difficult for you, then you need to understand that you are learning very important lessons and you should feel lucky that you have the opportunity to learn and grow in ways that make you a wiser spiritual person.

If life is easy for you... then you're either reaping the rewards for good things you've done in a past life... or you're doing something wrong!

We're all given the freedom to make our choices. Like in school, children can be lazy and not move on to the next level... which may be easy for them, but gets them nowhere in life. Or they can study hard and become smarter and wiser and move to the next level so they can continue to become smarter and wiser.

The law of karma explains why our lives are what they are, why we are faced with our problems and obstacles, why we have certain illnesses, etc. It gives meaning to every person's life.

The best books to get you started to learn about Reincarnation are the ones about Edgar Cayce. You can learn about him here:
www.edgarcayce.org...

Reincarnation and the law of karma is the greatest gift we have been given and it shouldn't be wasted!

[edit on 8-10-2006 by annestacey]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join