It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How on EARTH does this work??? Please help, it's driving me mad...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Ok, so I found this dumb numbers game on break.com, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how it works.

I tried several different numbers and got several DIFFERENT results each time.

There is nothing you have to input that could give a clue as to what number you've chosen... all you have to do is click on the screen. I've ensured my cursor movement gives no clues as to what I've chosen. Unless it manages to somehow read your mind, I have absolutely no idea how it works.

Please help. I don't for a moment believe in computers having psychic powers, so how the hell is this thing guessing the results of my numbers game? If I got the same number every time, or if it were one of those teasers that involves multiplying by nine, I'd understand it.

This is WEIRD.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I just tried concentrating on the same number twice in a row, and the same symbol came up. This is not making sense to me. I'm going to bump this until someone comes to my aid, and I might even have to start U2Uing some of the people I respect on this forum.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Its a variation on this

Discussed in another thread.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Even though its all multiples of nine its still damn clever, and no I didn't work it out untill I read in the other thread. But dont you find it strange that any two digit number that you plus the numbers and take the answer comes out with a multiple of nine.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Nope, nine is weird that way.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Duuh I thought 27-9 was 19:bnghd:
idiot

[edit on 1-10-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'm not quite sure if yoiur bein serious or not, if you are you might want to check that sum on a calculater, or learn the art of scarcasm a little better!!

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621
I'm not quite sure if yoiur bein serious or not, if you are you might want to check that sum on a calculater, or learn the art of scarcasm a little better!!

No I wasn't "bein" sarcastic:
I had a stupid moment lol. But hey, whilst I brush up my maths using a "calculater" you can brush up on your English eh? Only joking.

[edit on 1-10-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The text in this Flash animation is way too small for me to read the instructions, so I just clicked next repeatedly without paying attention how to play the game. It failed to guess the symbol I picked obviously.

One thing I noticed, though, out of 84 numbers listed at the end, there's only 14 possible symbols to guess.

[edit on 2-10-2006 by ufia]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I feel so dumb.

There's another way to look at this. You take, for example, any number between 20 and 29, add the digits together, and it's always like subtracting 2 from 20.

The thing that really freaked me out when I first tried it was that the one time I used the same number twice in a row, the symbol stayed the same. Just a coincidence (I've tested it since I realised how it worked) but it really stumped me at the time.

Or WAS it a coincidence???????

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I've never know a funner way to use maths, its a cool little game and its clever too.
I was really quite stumped with it too until I went to that other thread with the german one and the guys on there had worked out how it works.

new topics

top topics

join