It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are black athletes faster than white athletes?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ChronMan

Oh I sure hope that's not an attempt to pull out the victimization card.

It's more cultural than it is racial or even location.
There are Asians that live along side Blacks, at least temporarily until they can save enough money to get out of the ghetto. These Asian kids still do better in school.
It all has to do with priorities.

If "Life" was as simple as choosing between two doors, one with a sign that read "EDUCATION" and the other that read "SPORTS", 9 times out of 10, any Black will open the "Sports" door and the Asian will open the "Education" door.

Why?
Because Blacks tend to live for the here and now, (ie, "what can I do that's FUN today?", while Asains tend to constantly have a mind set of preparing for the future.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I remember watching a programme about a village somewhere in africa but the people there run everywhere, they ran to school, to work, to get water or food the whole village everyone was always running and it was a high altitude and the village had created many medal winning long distance runners, it was remarkable and an example of how many of us are products of our environment.

many black people generally do have more fast twitching muscle fibres it makes them more explosive, and overall they have much better arses bigger more muscular which is beneficial to something like the 100 metres. its weird as white people generally have better calf muscle development (probably noticed more by budding bodybuilders). There only subtle differences and are quite sweeping as stereotypes usually are, the truth is jordon was the best because he practised and worked damn hard both mentally and physically its the same with any sports person at the top of their game i think to bring race into it demeans their achievement a little.

Like someone earlier said intelligence is an individual thing, no race is more intelligent than the next, some people take pleasure in building motorbikes others in arithmatic, what ever you focus your mind on and practise at you will improve upon and that goes for almost anything.

One of the reasons i love football (soccer) is that it truly is a world sport of all nations and races, a bit like science it crosses all bounderies so we can all share in something great and hopefully something honest.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

I have to agree with this post. Our local football (American) team consist's mostly of all white kids that have blazing speed's at RB and WR positions. They outrun, or can catch up to anyone on the football field.
It has alot to do with good speed training coaches, and determination in the athlete.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TG

Of course it's genetic black people ave been fast or can run long distances from day it aint nothin new jus get wid da programme, init!

Ah' so we set de ting man!

link   
reply to post by TG

Of course it's genetic black people ave been fast or can run long distances from day it aint nothin new jus get wid da programme, init!

link   
reply to post by TG

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sympthons_WDF

thats some what true but did you know that most of us are not pure African. i got to a mostly black school and half of the the students have presecne of White and indian in them. me for example, im African American but i have white and indian in me more than once on my mother side. ma dads mother was west indian.
PS: How in the world did you think the other races got here on earth? well Duhh the different races were not just droped on earth in little groups. the different races are formed by climate, and there area that you live in. if you come from a hot climate, you are more likely to have more viatimin D which make youre skin darker. if you have a diet based on were you live, then you would be different from the people that live on the other side of the world, that are so close to the sun and dont need so much Viatimn D (light skin), and eat different food. so be careful cuz if you trace you family back to the first days you will find that you are my cuzin LOL scary right Plus the bible tells us that

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join