It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America going to war with Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Retinoid you better prepepare yourself for a shock, if the US attacks Iran it will be an action supported by nobody. Russia and China are waiting in the wings for such an event to knock the USA of its perch. They and others have a vested interest in seeing America fall. Russia is still militarily very strong at least on a par with the USA, China is building up its armed forces like its going out of fashion. The oil producing states and Europe want to ditch the dollar on oil and use the Euro none of this bodes well for the USA.

For America to project its forces it does rely to a degree on foreign bases and the good will of the owners, if these bases were denied it could limit offensive capabilities. Surface fleets are Vunerable to countermeasures, you said Russia/China would not get involved well they dont have to directly all they have to do is provide the Iranians with the means to take out your carriers and its game over. How many Americans will be able to watch the combat groups go down, what will be the reaction at home will it be lets go for it or bring the boys home. If you keep sticking your hand in the fire sooner or later its goining to get burnt.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
[Guess on what country Iran would fire its Weapons of Mass destruction in this case...
I doubt Pakistan would be too pleased about the fallout in their country either.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Another thing to consider gentleman: if we do wind up in a full blown WW3, than you may as well forget about have any 2008 elections - so may be they are planning to say that "we cannot have elections when we are engaged in such a terrible world war, as it may comprimise freedom..etc" ?

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cinosamitna
Another thing to consider gentleman: if we do wind up in a full blown WW3, than you may as well forget about have any 2008 elections - so may be they are planning to say that "we cannot have elections when we are engaged in such a terrible world war, as it may comprimise freedom..etc" ?
Now theres a thought I hadnt come up with, theyre corrupt and devious enough to use that and get Bush his 3rd term.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
*yawn*

If I had a nickel for every time someone said we're at war or going to war with Iran.....

Won't happen.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
*yawn*

If I had a nickel for every time someone said we're at war or going to war with Iran.....

Won't happen.

If I were you, I'd forget about nickel's and start buying Gold and Silver.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
screw that,
i'm buying wine.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-9-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Dear river rat,

Sometimes living in fantasy is a good balance to becoming too philistine but I'm afraid that if you are an American, you may soon not be able to afford much wine. The coming economical situation will be most unpleasant.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
eat drink & be merry, for tommorow we shall die.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-9-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think those people who have been saying "it will never happen" will very soon have cause to eat their words. The build-up has now begun in earnest and some of the things I've seen on this thread now make me think it's going to be well within the next six months.

Now the question is, what will be the pretext?

• Gulf of Tonkin-style "manufactured incident" - evens
  • diplomatic brinkmanship over Iran's nuclear weapons - 5 to 2
  • nuclear detonation in US city - 100 to 1

I must get down to Ladbrokes.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
They and others have a vested interest in seeing America fall.

America won't fall. The US may not be the highest of the high, but saying the US will fall is ridiculous.

Russia is still militarily very strong at least on a par with the USA

They may be strong, but not on par with the USA.

China is building up its armed forces like its going out of fashion.

So what?

The oil producing states and Europe want to ditch the dollar on oil and use the Euro none of this bodes well for the USA.

The oil producing "states"? Like Texas, and Alaska? Or do you mean countries. If you meant countries, Iraq and Saudi Arabia~Keeping the dollar. Russia~Switching to rubles. Iran and Venezuela~May be switching to Euros.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by donk_316
Iran wont be alone... China and Russia have significant investment in Iran... they wont let the USA march in there and destroy their investments.

It really depends on whether or not the US promises to honor any Russian or Chinese oil deals already on the books. If it gives them the oil they wish then all bets are off for Iran.

China sees Iran as a problem which it will deal with eventually. China has done some naughty things to Islamic communities within her borders. Friends? I don't know about that. Perhaps they are if you are think that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" at least until their mutual problems is solved, then the hatred and killing can continue.

Russia is not much more of a friend considering their history in Chechnya. Mr. Putin has been the poster boy for killing muslims for a while now. I would imagine that they are both in it for the money. Russia is almost out of debt and China is doing so well considering they have slave labor for some of their factories. They make the US sweat shops of the early 20th century look like day care.

US, Russia, and China... we are all peas in a pod. When you look at our histories, no one cares about human rights. We only care about money and power.

The current Iranian regime is living on borrowed time. I wish we could all get along, but when two opposing nations believe in an apocalypse which will bring about their religious savior, they aren't just killing the enemy, but saving their own souls in their eyes. We live in very dangerous times, indeed.

Have you bought your potassium iodide yet? You may want to make a trip to the chemist.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Retinoid you better prepepare yourself for a shock, if the US attacks Iran it will be an action supported by nobody. Russia and China are waiting in the wings for such an event to knock the USA of its perch. They and others have a vested interest in seeing America fall. Russia is still militarily very strong at least on a par with the USA, China is building up its armed forces like its going out of fashion.

mushroom, I sometimes agree with what you have to say, but on this one I see a much bigger picture.

Iran has been a thorn for Russia and China. Iran plays nice in the open, but behind their backs, the Iranian takfirs emerge, but aren't fooling anyone. Russia and China are part of the "cool group" with the US and the European players. I think they are better friends than you imagine. Not one of them has any love for Iran. The Iranian leaders think they are about to get invited to the big party, but will soon see that they have been set up to bring their 27 year run to a swift end. Then business as usual can go on in the region where the "cool group" can control everything like they used to do in the "good old days."

Nothing is at it seems. Always look a little deeper and never believe what they say.

It is a crazy world in which we live.

[edit on 24-9-2006 by xman_in_blackx]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
lets all whate and see just how stupied the american governmint is.Watch and the all mightey america sticks its nose where it dont belong and f**k ALL OF US over in the end for it.some of you may not understand the fullness of the situation.iran is not some small pour conuntrey like iraq,pakistan,afganstan,its a leader not a fallower and wut do all leaders have?? allies.

Its obviouse china is "friend" to put it bluntley as well as russia with iran.All 3 countrys at one time or anyther had or have problems with the u.s so wut happons when you punch the little guy in the nose? he comes back the next day with his friends and kicks ur ass.so wut happons when america attacks iran? china and russia get involved.

No matter wut anyone may think the u.s stands no chance wut so ever agenst all 3.Sure there are allies (france,canada unfortunitley,uk,germany,ect) but onley the british stuck with them threw iraq wuts make you think anyone will back them up agenst 2 of the largest and prolly strongest countrys....nothing...

I promis you all if the american govermint screws with iran the wrong way we will all pay the price for it and i dont mean paying 8 dollers for gallon of gas i mean with human lives,bodys,bullets.

All we can do is watch wut happons and pray to wut ever God ya belive in that it dont happon.It makes no diffronce if you belive me or not the facts are all over the place it will be alot worse then any war ever fought war never go's 100% as you want it to s**t happons and things can change in a instant as theay will for all of us.

If presdiant bush bites off more then he can chew we all suffer for it and yet so many of you simple minded people will fallow the leader who will lead you nowhere but to your own distruction its sad how many people fallow the ones who are heare to protect us and dont realize we are beling led to nothing but the end.

People wonder why terrorest attack the united states.Can you honestley blame them?? OPEN YOUR EYES! it takes balls to protect your people and do wut you need to to servive and yet the so called "super power united states" feels it needs to pick on smaller nations to make its self look better well when we are all screaming and dieing,lost and alone no one to help us wut will we do?? when our govermints have screwed us over wut then?? its simple dont pick on the little guys to make urselff look better and people wont come afater you (terrorests)

There is 1 good thing that can come from this and the fallowing quote explaines it all.I quote myselff when i say.

"When people give in there lives and security to there governmints theay become slaves to the so called leaders and when the people have given all there trust to the leaders we all become pawns and fall victum to a New World Order"
-Stephen

So lets watch and see wut happons in the next few years will all we have be lost because of american governmint stupidety or will theay finley start to look at other problems like global worming,fule and other things.

i say this much to the american govermint.Make the wrong misstakes you will find even your closest neighbors will begin to turn on you and you will find more and more attacks agenst you from the people who you think are your friends.

sorry for the bad spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Thanks Xman its nice to know that someone agrees with some of the things I post. And I agree with you ,you do have to look at the bigger picture but history as shown us that their are many strange bed felows out there and anything is possible. Im sure Russia/China arent as pally with Iran below the surface but sometimes people use others to do their fighting for them. A bit like America fighting for the benefit of the Israelis, how long do you think they would last in a conflict with all of their neighbours, even with use of nukes it would not save them. It would be a war of atrition and Israel simply does not have the population to sustain such a conflict thats why it relies on the US.

Again why would America want to go to war with Iran, the reason given is because of Nuke acquisition, but thats years away and Im sure Russia would sell them some if they really wanted a nuke capability. You have only got to look at some of the replies on this subject from Americans who say that irespective of Irans existing or future capabilities that it would get clobbered by the US so the nuke issue cannot be the reason. The more likely reason is that the money men are concerned of oil being sold in Euro's rather than dollars, if this were to happen then the US economy would collapse.

I dont know if the oil producing states who want this are aware of that fact or they are and see it as a way of nobbling the USA. But what ever the reason its not worth the life of one person on any side and even if sometime in the future America lost its superpower status the country is young , big and has a large population its never going to become some third world piss poor state.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
THANK THE GODS!!!!!!!!!

About time somebody was planning a military operation...I'm so sick of hear about what Iran is doing or say, I think its a great idea to send over War ships to keep the rats from trying to leave. Block thier ports then drop a NUKE on them...might as well, each NUKE we own is already paid for....and if we are lucky they might use one at night....this would make a pleasant light show for the troops during night time operations.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
WOW!!

Honestly the level of ignorance astounds me sometimes..
Some people get so hyped up when other people are doing the dirty work for them.

I have about 14 Iranian friends studying over here at the American University who are going home for Ramadan..

They get drunk/party/sing/dance...you know... like normal people do after class and work..

So pray tell me why they deserve to die just to ease your bloodlust while you sit safely thousands of miles away..

Tell me ANYTHING an Iranian did to you to justify that!!

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Ok, true, but there goals as far as western influence out of the middle east and the destruction as Isreal are the same as whabiist, and they are working togeher, even if there only limited formal connections between Hamas and Al Queida. Hezebella is shia I beleive as well which doesn't get along with sunni, but again, I beleive they have some connections to each other, even as they stand as rivals.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think we need to develop a new kind of nuclear weapons control system, where the president's home zipcode is the secondary target for every missile launched. Or maybe just cyraxx's zipcode..

Seriously, if you believe all the BS that nuclear weapons will only be used under dire threats and will "save lives", then there should be no problem nuking your own friends and family for the greater good, right? wrong.. I guarantee there'd never be a nuke fired off on the planet if every leader had to pay a personal price for it and not be hiding in a bunker somewhere.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

You have voted mythatsabigprobe for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

This is the reason I am SO anti-politician..

They spout off these ''brave'' speeches and make these ''tough'' decisions and are willing to sacrifice everyone else sons and daughters..

Bring back the good old days when the King used to LEAD his troops into battle...

Ok sometimes they get an arrow in the eye .. but hey!! it,s war right???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join