It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Color is God?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I like to think that God is equal in percentage to all the colors of the Universe. But this is not true. My mind's eye sees dark blackness 99% of the time. Women of the world prefer tall, dark black, and handsome. The Universe is almost entirely tall, dark black.

God is dark black!!!

Since I am light, I guess I will slave at celibacy for eternity.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Greattech, might have known it would be you, as usual the bizzare questions are from you.
What colour is god????? why not go as far as
What flavour is god?
What does god smell like?
Is god a physical entity?
Does god wear boxers or Y-fronts?
Does he eat fish on a Sunday?
Does god masturbate while thinking of Britney Spears?

The list goes on and on
However IMO god doesn't exist so would have no colour attributed to him

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Isn't god invisible

If he was a colour surley we would be able to see lol

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
I like to think that God is equal in percentage to all the colors of the Universe. But this is not true. My mind's eye sees dark blackness 99% of the time. Women of the world prefer tall, dark black, and handsome. The Universe is almost entirely tall, dark black.

God is dark black!!!

Since I am light, I guess I will slave at celibacy for eternity.

i agree with the premise of your idea here, Greatech.

god is all colors combined, the rainbow and the spectrum of all colors combined together to form one color, the color would be black.

is this what you are saying? god sees all as 1, i believe, but through us god also sees the rainbow, for the first time.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Does "God" taste the rainbow?

I tasted the rainbow blotter once.

or twice.

perhaps thrice.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well,I don't think God has a color. The Bible actually states that God is light.... It also states that he is "an unquenchable fire." Therefore,God does not have color per se. Most people who have NDEs describe the light they are about to enter as a light blue, so,I guess it can be argued that to the human senses, he would be a big ball of blue light.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well,I don't think God has a color. The Bible actually states that God is light.... It also states that he is "an unquenchable fire." Therefore,God does not have color per se.

I thought the bile said we are made in God's image. If that is the case then God is Dark skinned as the first people were.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Guy Fawkes

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well,I don't think God has a color. The Bible actually states that God is light.... It also states that he is "an unquenchable fire." Therefore,God does not have color per se.

I thought the bile said we are made in God's image. If that is the case then God is Dark skinned as the first people were.

Our spirit was made in his image;we are not physically like him...no.Spiritually we were made in his image.

[edit on 20-9-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Color is a part of creation, being a wave length detected by receptors in our eyes and processed in our brain. God, on the other hand, is outside of Creation, He is the creator. What color is God? God has no color; He is not limited by His creation nor physical laws and properties.

Symbolically, though, God is the light, He is not darkness, He is not black--black is the absence of light.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
God would only be black "combineing all colors" if you took paint and mashed it together to get a black blob. This is not true in nature, all of the colors together in a spectrum sense is the color white. So god would be a white like the sun, or a light bulb. That type of color. Black is the absense of color, not all of the colors combined.

I think that god dosnt exsist either, so its all irrelavent anyways.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR

I think that god dosnt exsist either, so its all irrelavent anyways.

To you it may be irrelevant. You need to remember you are in the minute minority. The biggest majority of people do believe in God...so, it is relevant to most people. I don't know why color would be that relevant, but any discussion of God certainly is to most people.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Gods kind of sticky.

in a jammy sense.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
"God is light, and in him there is no darkness at all." 1 John 1:5

Does this statement in the Bible instigate or induce or perpetuate racism of light vs. dark and dark vs. light? Does it partly discredit the Bible? I believe it is very shallow thinking to interpret this as a racist statement but many still do. Wrong interpretaion of the Bible destroys human relations and causes some people to devalue the Book God has given us.

God created all and we should love all colors as if God were embodied in each color. I abhor racism and color discrimination. There is Hope for those who are victims of racism and color discrimination:

"The last will be first, and the first will be last." Matthew 20:16

"For the one who is the least among all of you is the one who is the greatest." Luke 9:48

"Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of the least brothers of mine, you did for me." Matthew 25:40

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
He is not darkness, He is not black--black is the absence of light.

Oh there they go again....Everytime I see a painting it's of White Jesus. And it's all White Jesus this and white Jesus that, when we all know Jesus was black. The white man can't let the black man have anything.

And logically, if Jesus was black, and God is his father, and Mary was Middle Eastern of some kind, then God has to be Black. Simple logic solves the mystery. Case closed.........

God is black

[edit on 20-9-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Rasobasi420, at the risk of heresy (Church, Biblical, and otherwise), I like to think that God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit are a little bit of each color.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Like a Rainbow?

kewl

I want communion now, I'd love to taste the rainbow.

cuz I'm sure there are some rainbowlish peoples on some planet somewhar.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Oh I get it. So when those rainbow flags are waving at gay pride festivals, they are really honoring the Holy Spirit.

Amen

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
ah it all makes sense now.

I see.

You See?

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Lysergic, what is the color of God, Spiritually, and scientifically? Is He multi-colored? Which colors?

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I dunno I'd need to see some sort of Photograph or perhaps he could appear to me, and just tell me inside my head.

As I don't have or haven't had any of these occur.

I'm SOL

however I think God might be supahfreaky awwwww.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join