It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever wonder what's outside this vast universe?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Are we in a fishbowl?

Are we an experiment?

What is out there REALLY

Is this all there is?

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Actually, with the little we actually do know about the universe, any of the theories could be true. If we are an experiment, I wish they would have left the manual for us. Instead we're left sitting here figuring out what to do. It's like when the husband starts putting together something you bought, and the next thing you know it's finished, but there are 5 parts that are left over, and one of them ends up being the power cord.

I think spontaneous creation is the least likely, imo. Even if everything in the Bible is true (which I personally don't subscribe to), then why couldn't have God have done things in steps? Though judging by some of the dates I have had, I would challenge any creationist on the idea that evolution didn't occur, because I'm quite sure that I have dated a few Neanderthals.

Outside the universe? I don't know. Would it end? Would that be gauged by dimensional shifts to attain such a jump in distance? Good question.

[edit on 9/18/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
haha, I've stopped wondering for now. It's too much to think about

But I've really really wondered, How big is the universe? This is my Big Wall thoery
You can only go so far into space, then you hit a wall and thats its, or maybe you can fall off the universe?
And fall into a big hole of nothingness or something unimaginable.

Like i said too much to think about

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I'm searching for the meaning of life and that's as good an answer as any, Niteboy.

I want to know the truth.

Why am i here? ( no wise cracks)

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sympthons_WDF
haha, I've stopped wondering for now. It's too much to think about

But I've really really wondered, How big is the universe? This is my Big Wall thoery
You can only go so far into space, then you hit a wall and thats its, or maybe you can fall off the universe?
And fall into a big hole of nothingness or something unimaginable.

Like i said too much to think about

Any volunteers out here to be the Columbus to this member's theory? I would make a horrible Queen Isabella, but that is besides the point here.

Why are we here? Hmm. That will always be the question, I'm afraid. I say to evolve more, but that imo, should be done through learning how to live with each other, which I'm afraid we haven't even gotten close to yet.

Is there an up and down in space? Like when we fly from the earth to the moon, we kinda just fly to it. Is there an up and down?
Would there be another universe parked on top of us? I don't want to upset any claustrophobics, but that has always been a curiousity. Could there be another civilization right above us watching this experiment?

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
That a pretty heavy question there dg are you sure you want the truth?

Arent you afraid some smarty pants is going to give you the ol' jack nicholson "YOU CAN"T HANDEL THE TRUTH" retort?

The search for the proverbial meaning of life is not an easy one to sort out, with all of the pitfalls emplanted into the search it's wrought with difficulty to the pilgrim who searches.

But this is what I believe the meaning consists of: Too seek & serve the creator with all your heart, mind, and body and to love others as yourself.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a test, no...
a cusp... yes.

Whats out there? ... Nothing that can be explained with the words and concepts we have here, being obsessed with ourselves and all of this here is stopping us from experiencing what is out there.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
There are many plausible theories out there. I study physics as a hobby and in school. I recomend you look up the M-theory(and/or superstring theory). Then there is the Megaverse concept(Sorry, I forget which theory this is from.) that our univers is a bubble poping in a megaverse. Then there is the good old big bang theory, the edge of our univers is contiually growing. You may ketch up to it and if you pass through the edge and live some how you would simply create more of the universe. Also, at last look at my own personal Quote, if you understand it you would know what I know.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by halfmask]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Sometimes i have the feeling that we are confined to something like a fish bowl and our "keepers" call all the shots. Weather, life, politics, everything....I think they're messing with us big time.
I believe in God, but i believe because i grew up believing.....
What is that thing that keeps an eye on us?
I still think its an experiment of some kind.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I'm searching for the meaning of life ...

We already know the answer to that question .. it's

(rent Hitchhikers Guide and you'll see
)

Seriously .. I believe we were created. I believe that God created us. I believe he used a PROCESS and didn't spot zap us into being. Yes.. i do believe he could have used others to plant DNA (or whatever) to create us. Afterall .. God does seem to take His time getting things done.

WHY are we here? The Catholic answer is that God made us to know, love, and serve Him in this life so we can be with Him in the next.

And yes, i do believe that God is real and that He is paying attention. I absolutely do believe He is real. (I'm saying 'he' although we all know God is a spirit and has no gender) I don't understand His ways .. and at times I get frustrated with Him. But He's real. And from what I understand, it's those frustrations, trials, and difficulties that are opportunities for our spirits to grow. It's all about the spirit.

The Universe goes on forever. There is nothing outside it. It is impossible for anything to be outside the universe. However, I do think that there are VAST numbers of dimensions and most of us only see or feel the one that we live on ... there are VAST others... physical and spiritual ...

That's what I think anyways.

[edit on 9/19/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
We are inside God's head that is shaped like infinite space who is in every particle.
The experiemnt is how would Man react in a universe that is linear going in one direction but they them selves not know the future like I God do?

The step down of eternity is this reality, we are God's plan and maybe to justify that eternity although has it draw backs it's more perfect in a circle than a Line maybe.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Hi dg...

Long time since our paths crossed.

Personally, I don't wonder too much about what's outside the universe....

I'm still playing catch up with what's inside the universe.

Seriously though... the more I read and learn about the universe we live in the more in awe I am. Most of the time, I feel like I don't really know anything about the universe... at least nothing of value... I certainly can't answer the questions you asked in your OP.

OT:

I noticed that you're listing cape cod as your location... Am I to assume that you got out of that horrible frickin' desert? Good for you. We left AZ too... living in NC now. Honestly, I don't even want to go back to the desert to visit... and I definitely don't want to live where it doesn't rain ever again. Hopefully you left during the housing boom. We sold our house in two days.... $10K OVER asking price, which was awesome. We made something $110K off of the sale of our house... we were living in Ahwahtukee, so demand was high. In any case, I hope you're enjoying being out of the desert as much as we are.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hi Dgtempe:

Dgtempe >> I'm searching for the meaning of life and that's as good an answer as any, Niteboy. I want to know the truth. Why am I here? ( no wise cracks)

Be careful what you ask for. : 0 ) However, if I provide you with ‘the truth’ of precisely why you are here, and the anatomy of this universe (and what is beyond), then you have to promise me “no wise cracks.” Deal?

First off, if you have no belief in the Holy Scriptures (66 books of your Bible), then please hit “ignore” by my name. You are here to be judged for crimes connected directly to the Satanic Rebellion taking place in God’s Infinite Realm. Everything you see in this world and in the cosmos is the direct result of Satan and all the members of his evil body piercing Adam and all the members of his body far beyond the boundaries of time and space. Study this diagram carefully to give my words context:

Figure 1 seeks to convey information about where we (generations of Adam = Genesis 2:4+) are truly “gods” (Psalm 82:6, John 10:34). God’s Infinite Realm is truly “One,” but we visualize that infinite expanse as three (God To Come = Future, God Who Is = Present, God Who Was = Past. Revelation 1:8), because our ‘incarnation’ is contained by the envelope of time and space in Figure 3. You and I were going about our normal business of being ‘gods’ in Figure 1, when both of us became entangled and caught up in Satan’s attempt to lead a rebellion against God and takeover His entire Realm. We are standing in God’s courtroom right this moment with our infinite bodies pressed tightly against the “Second Veil” (Top Fig. 1). God has squeezed the essence of our infinite bodies into our heads to force us through Figure 2 (Word Realm), so we incarnate into Figure 3 upon “Our Earth” as a man or woman. His all mighty hand is around the neck of each and every person incarnate from His Infinite Realm each and every moment of our time here.

Imagine that your true infinite essence is like a ray of light sifted through a prism located in Figure 2 AND another located in Figure 3, which defuses your true infinite nature into a series of finite rays. While your true nature is something vast and glorious in Figure 1, your current personality and character represents only a mere image of that original life force. That true essence is encased in an umbilical that runs through God’s Word (Figure 2) with a central hub located in either of the three (F or S or HS) realms of Figure 2. Since you are a woman, then your umbilical is fixed within the Holy Spirit (water witness) hub (glory of man = 1Cor. 11:7) shaded in blue. The Genesis account of Adam and Eve reveals that “not Adam was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.” 1Timothy 2:14. In other words, the women here (weaker vessel = 1Peter 3:7) represent the ‘gods’ from God’s Infinite Realm who were actually deceived by Satan himself, while the men here simply laughed at the devil. However, the men incarnate here eventually fell to the deceptions of the women who went out deceiving for him.

Look around your current environment and take note of the men and women of your ‘incarnation,’ because the women in your life are your superiors and assistants in the rebellion; while the men are those you deceived! THAT is why Scripture commands women to keep silent in the churches (1Corinthians 14:34) and never to exercise authority over a man, but to “remain quiet.” 1Timothy 2:12. Remember that we are all seated in God’s courtroom with crimes against us. Every time you ‘break’ these rules of conduct ‘here’ in your ‘incarnation,’ the incriminating evidence of your active participation with Satan in his rebellion is being presented simultaneously in God’s Infinite Realm . . .

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
If we are an experiment, I wish they would have left the manual for us.

Even if everything in the Bible is true (which I personally don't subscribe to), then why couldn't have God have done things in steps?

You answered your own question, yet choose not to hear the answer. The Bible is an instruction book.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
God sends the ‘preacher’ (Romans 10:14) to call out the people cleared of wrong doing in connection to the Satanic Rebellion to create a ‘body’ of hosts for the purpose of judging the world (incarnate men) and the angels (their greater half). 1Cor. 6:2+3. Remember your infinite essence (from Figure 1) is being split like the sun rays through a prism. That means a ‘greater’ part of you is residing in Fig. 2 and another lesser but still greater than ‘you appear now’ half is also residing in the upper golden half of Fig. 3. That “Invisible Universe” is a mirror reflection of this “Visible Universe” and everyone here has a greater angelic witness host ‘self’ awaiting a marriage ceremony with his lesser ‘self’ (that’s you). Our two natures become ‘one’ again at the last trumpet where we put on ‘immortality’ (1Cor. 15:51-53 = Rapture of 1Thes. 4:16+17). God’s plan is to assemble a heavenly ‘body of Christ’ (Eph. 4:12 = that’s us) to sit within the “Heaven” (Figure 3) Realm where the Invisible (spirit) overlaps the Visible (water), so He can judge these souls for the ‘ages to come’ from “IN” His Son (2Corinthians 5:19) “IN” us (Christ in you = Col. 1:27). God is using ‘us’ (Christ’s body = 2Cor. 12:27) to combat the wicked armies of Satan and the evil forces of this darkness (Ephesians 6:12), which finds the devil crushed under our feet. Romans 16:20. Therefore, becoming a true Christian is not about you choosing God or His Son. It is all about God choosing you by sending the ‘preacher’ with the gospel (1Cor. 15:3+4, Romans 3:24, Eph. 1:7) and the Holy Spirit (Eph. 1:13-14) “IN” him.

The entirety of Fig. 3 will be summed up (Eph. 1:9+10) and subjected to (1Cor. 15:27) God’s Son. Each spirit witness and water witness will decrease and the central blood witness will increase. Figure 3 is the ‘water’ witness (Earth of Gen. 1:1) of the ‘blood’ witness of Figure 2 (Heaven of Gen. 1:1), which will be subjected back to God (Figure 1) so He is again “all in all.” 1Cor. 15:28. Your ‘incarnation’ into Figure 3 will find you assisting God in judging a nearly infinite number of hosts with bodies pressed against the “Second Veil” in Figure 1 for the ages to come, so that He can reward you with the glorious things already possessed in His Infinite Realm. You and I shall march from Heaven of Figure 3 through the Highest Heaven (1Kings 8:27) of Figure 2 to emerge whole and complete beyond the “Second Veil” and become ‘one’ with our Infinite “god” selves. All of the ages to come ‘for us’ (Figure 3) are compressed within two ticks of God’s clock in His Infinite Realm. “Time” in God’s Infinite Realm appears to be frozen for everyone incarnate in Figure 2 and Figure 3. Therefore, when we finally are rejoined with our Infinite self (standing frozen in Figure 1), between the events of 1Cor. 15:27 and verse 28, then the realization will dawn that we have been gone for mere seconds. The linear format above in truth has similar characteristics to an egg:

Figure 1 (Kingdom of God) in the first diagram above is in reality the infinite shell of our three dimensional egg. Figure 2 above (Word Realm = Christ Jesus = Kingdom of HIs Beloved Son) is like the white of the egg held together by God’s Infinite Realm. Figure 3 above (Kingdom of the World = Visible and Invisible Universe) is contained in and held together (Col. 1:16+17) “IN” Christ Jesus (God’s Son = Figure 2). True believers in our Gospel have been ‘baptized into Christ’ (Gal. 3:27) to be seated in the heavenly places “IN” Christ Jesus (Ephesians 2:6) with lives hidden with Christ “IN” God (Col. 3:1-3). If you have a basic knowledge of the Scriptures, then this diagram will help you see things in a proper perspective:

God bless you,

Terral

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
....outside the universe??? The walls of the lab that contains the microscopic universe we live in.
Pehaps, a group of scientists finally got an atom to move fast enough (light speed)in a particle acelerator before coliding with another atom and accidently caused an ever expanding black hole...(we call our universe...)
Our scientists 'big bang' theory could just be the 'explosion' which would have certainly occured when these atoms colided.
.....Actually, they could be trying to remedy their 'problem' right now as we speak which could put an abrupt end to the universe and everything we know to exist.....

Meet our creator;... Dr. Bunsen P. Honeydew......and his trusty assistant; Beaker...

...or maybe not.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PULVERlZER
....outside the universe??? The walls of the lab that contains the microscopic universe we live in.
Pehaps, a group of scientists finally got an atom to move fast enough (light speed)in a particle acelerator before coliding with another atom and accidently caused an ever expanding black hole...(we call our universe...)
Our scientists 'big bang' theory could just be the 'explosion' which would have certainly occured when these atoms colided.
.....Actually, they could be trying to remedy their 'problem' right now as we speak which could put an abrupt end to the universe and everything we know to exist.....

Meet our creator;... Dr. Bunsen P. Honeydew......and his trusty assistant; Beaker...

...or maybe not.

Beakers World... lol hahahaha

TERRAL Those diagrams I find interesting to say the least, you do also understand what your presenting in those diagrams could be percieved as the right brain and left brain?

In the scriptures I've read pertaining to all of this say: ... in a short version... that it took two types of invisible beings to create us... Left is the 'BAD' and Right is the 'GOOD'

To each one he gave a name, since the two orders are in a name. Those belonging to the thought and those of the representation are called "the Right Ones" and "Psychic" and "the Fiery Ones" and "the Middle Ones." Those who belong to the arrogant thought and those of the likeness are called "the Left", "Hylic", "the Dark Ones," and "the Last."

So in each of us there is what is living, and what is dead...
We can choose the living and be alive in it (IMO The Light Body)
Or We can choose the dead and be dead in it (IMO The Flesh Body)
It would slightly make sense of the 'born into sin' (I'm not stating these things for an argument or so I can see what YOU think it means...) I'm just stating it for the purpose of discussing the idea.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hi Pure Energy:

Thank you for writing.

PE >> TERRAL Those diagrams I find interesting to say the least, you do also understand what your presenting in those diagrams could be perceived as the right brain and left brain?

No sir. The brain has bilateral symmetry without the ‘only begotten’ blood witness aspect enlarging where the two overlap. In every case the ‘mystery’ (Eph. 3:3) process includes a spirit witness coming first and a water witness emerging from that original host. Then the two join and ‘create’ a brand new blood witness. For example, the Father is a spirit witness and the Holy Spirit is as water (Helper = John 16:7) witness to be ‘overshadowed’ (Luke 1:35). You can demonstrate the process by drawing two overlapping circles to create three equal sections. The “Only Begotten” blood witness is the “Son of God” (Luke 1:35) ‘made’ (Galatians 4:4) from that mystery ‘process.’ The brain as a ‘water’ witness is utilized by the ‘mind’ as the spirit witness to ‘beget’ the characteristic you would recognize as ‘consciousness.’ Separate the mind from the brain and you have ‘unconsciousness.’ I cannot manufacture an equation to demonstrate the two sides of the brain begetting or making a third blood witness that will enlarge to sum up each side.

PE >> In the scriptures I've read pertaining to all of this say: ... in a short version... that it took two types of invisible beings to create us... Left is the 'BAD' and Right is the 'GOOD'

My mind is a steel trap for Biblical terms and phrases in most of the translations, but nothing you say here is ringing any bells. The Lord God formed Adam from the dust of the ground (Genesis 2:7) and most of us are counted among those ‘generations’ (Genesis 2:4). Your ‘invisible beings’ lingo is not Scriptural. Generally, when a person is asked for information and he utilizes the ‘right’ side of his brain, then you are receiving stored data being retrieved. When he uses the left side, he is making things up as he goes. : 0 ) Interrogators will tell you that ‘right is right.”

External Source >> To each one he gave a name, since the two orders are in a name. Those belonging to the thought and those of the representation are called "the Right Ones" and "Psychic" and "the Fiery Ones" and "the Middle Ones." Those who belong to the arrogant thought and those of the likeness are called "the Left", "Hylic", "the Dark Ones," and "the Last."

PE Commentary >> So in each of us there is what is living, and what is dead... We can choose the living and be alive in it (IMO The Light Body) Or We can choose the dead and be dead in it (IMO The Flesh Body)

Scripture teaches the indwelling of a new creature (2Corinthians 5:16-17) for those obedient to the Gospel. The “Christ in you” (1Corinthians 1:27) new creation (Galatians 6:15) is fed by reading the Scriptures. Over time the baby Christian learns to follow the Spirit and not the flesh (Galatians 5:16-18) depicting a microcosmic battle between God and Satan “IN” each believer.

PE >> It would slightly make sense of the 'born into sin' (I'm not stating these things for an argument or so I can see what YOU think it means...) I'm just stating it for the purpose of discussing the idea.

Everyone is born with the fleshy nature, but believers obtain the new nature through obeying the Gospel. That being said, it is possible my diagrams contain uses for which I have yet to discover. After all, God’s Word is Living and Active. Hebrews 4:12.

In Christ Jesus even now,

Terral

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Well I quote from different scripture than you, I don't read the bible exclusively.. so . that might be the discrepancy... I read a lot of gnostic / nag hammadi library scripture.... although I wouldn't classify myself gnostic..

Separate the mind from the brain and you have ‘unconsciousness.’ I cannot manufacture an equation to demonstrate the two sides of the brain begetting or making a third blood witness that will enlarge to sum up each side.

Well that statement itself is the basis of the alchemy of the body... Granted you cannot figure out the equation.. thats exactly what is taking place..

We have 2 brains.. essentially.. left and right... different functions for both... our task is to grow a ... '3rd witness' as you put it to be in control of the both sides, so-to-speak..

We have to keep in mind all along here, that despite all the god stuff and miraculus things that this physicality is NOT just rubbish, or evil.. it has purpose... and its purpose is to help us grow that third witness...

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Are we in a fishbowl?

We could be.

Are we an experiment?

If you go by religion I will say yes, we are the biggest experiment that the bible God did on a day that it was very bored.

If you believe in extraterestials, then I will give them more intelligence and say that perhaps yes we are an experiment of some alien scientists.

What is out there REALLY

Something that the human mind can never truly understand because our minds are set to short time understanding. But if we could have the ability to think in billions or trillions of years rather that on hundreds we could just imagine what is really outhere.

Is this all there is?

No, no, and no, never think that this is all that is there, we should feel grateful that we are part of whatever is out here and perhaps a very important part of it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join