It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever wonder what's outside this vast universe?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattison0922

we were living in Ahwahtukee, so demand was high. In any case, I hope you're enjoying being out of the desert as much as we are.
I was 2 blocks away from
Ahwatukee and lived in Tempe- my mom lives in San Melias apartments in Ahwatukee. I missed my kids who stayed behind while my husband and i were there for two years- so we came back home. Now i miss my mother. I'm such a mommy's girl.

Anyway, back on topic.

I appreciate all the answers here- i'm especially intrigued by the poster who said we all live in God's head.

Wow, that is deep.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Terral,

WOW. That's quite the explanation there. I have to re-read it and try to absorb it.
I'll get back later.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
simple answer to the question in Opost

either:

nothing
or
a vast, near-infinite sea of more universes

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well it depends on your view..If a creator then God is at the end and surrounds the universe since he is infinate and the universe is finite. If you believe in the big bang then absolutely nothing no time no space no nothing.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Here's what's up DG...

you are god...at this moment of infinity, you are god choosing to be 'dg' or mainly the person writing on the keys behind the handle.

i am also god. at this moment of infinity, i am god choosing to be 'psilogod' or mainly the person writing on the keys behind the handle.

The fact is, we ALL are god, and we will ALL live forever...however it will be one person, one animal, one alien, one anything that lives at a time because we as god have fabricated 'this' universe and are exploring it together as mortals.

evil exists because it is possible...it's not that god wishes it, it's because infinity includes evil in the equation. infinity is everything...remember that. there is no satan, there is no hell...there is only now.

the key to unlocking the secret of life lies in gifts god has left on this earth for us to 'remember' what we really are. if you understand my handle, you can figure it out.

i'm sorry to say there is no happy ending...just endless births and deaths...everybody that you've ever feared being, you will become. everybody you ever dreamed of being, you will become. everybody you never knew existed, you will become....eventually. time is not real and it is irrelevent. you can learn nothing if you are only one person in history filled with billions and billions of people. you must become everybody in history at some point. it's how god spends 'infinity.'

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The answer I have to give you is simply "blank" because this question will never be answered until we die. However, we can fish out theories as to what happens.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RavenWindfree
The answer I have to give you is simply "blank" because this question will never be answered until we die. However, we can fish out theories as to what happens.

i think the moment you die, you are reborn...no heaven, no hell, no recolection of your previous life. just an instantaneous 'zap' back into a new body, and a new life.

it's a trick god plays on himself to forget that he is eternal. imho

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Lets broaden the subject by trying to include the 11 dimensions theory.

If we consider the existance of 11 dimensions to be true.
How would the rebirth process work then?
What would it be based on?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by theTRUTHtheWAY
Lets broaden the subject by trying to include the 11 dimensions theory.

If we consider the existance of 11 dimensions to be true.
How would the rebirth process work then?
What would it be based on?

that energy can't be created or destroyed. it remanifests itself in different ways.
of course we can never exactly KNOW how it works. only god knows that.

imo, this life is a dream of a dream...like when you die in 'this' dream. you'll wake up in a new body and live a new dream.

its a paradox to be here in the first place yet here we are. why were you born the person you are?? you could have been anybody but you are you.

i don't think 11 dimensions has anything to do with it. as far as i'm concerned, there are infinite dimensions with infinite universes. we are all god experiencing life subjectively because we can.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

will it be answered when we die? Why do you think so?
I've never understood why people claim this.
We were born and did not remember a thing....of being dead...so i think its just nothing after you die.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

will it be answered when we die? Why do you think so?
I've never understood why people claim this.
We were born and did not remember a thing....of being dead...so i think its just nothing after you die.

there are two theories i have:

1. when you die, you return to the source and the creator as your spirit. you recollect the life you just lived and possibly lives before that one. you contemplate what you have done, what lessons you've learned, and if you want to do it again. The choice you make has one grave stipulation : when you go down to earth again, you will have no recolection of anything...you will be born unbiased of anything so thaty our new experience is completely unique. Ultimately however, you have the choice.

2. when you die, you are instantaneously reborn losing all recollection of the life you just lived. you do not return to the source, you just live an endless cycle of birth and death and rebirth. everything in between is up to you to decide what to do. the choice you don't have is living in the first place and god is just time itself living itself out one person at a time for eternity.

Those are my two theories anyway based off personal experiences.

[edit on 12-10-2006 by psilogod]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I often wonder if our entire massive universe is actually only the size of say, a quark, in someone else's much, MUCH larger universe. The universe puzzles me so much.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
I often wonder if our entire massive universe is actually only the size of say, a quark, in someone else's much, MUCH larger universe. The universe puzzles me so much.

that is a very probable statment. and if the universe doesn't puzzle you, i'd say you have problems.

i don't think we're supposed to GET IT. We're just supposed to live our lives...which kills me sometimes because I want to know why we even bother sometimes with how bad the world gets.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
What can be outside of the infinite and what can come before the eternal? Nothing. The universe is not a sphere, it's not a circle, and it's not a football. It doesn't ever end, it never started, and it never will be measured, only accepted.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
there's probably a see of near infinite universes
some similar to our own
some with different laws of physics
one wear elvis was elected president
etc

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The universe is infinite. The big bang happened.

Contradiction?

The big bang occurs many times per second, if you were able to observe it, it would be like watching a rapid fire pulse but the explosions are so huge, they are universe creating. Universes are pumped out like there's no tomorrow.

Universes are shaped like tubes bent into the form of a ring. When you get to the edge of the universe, you hit a "bubble". You can pass through this bubble, you are now in the same universe you just came from only a split second ahead. Same but different. Ever seen a donut machine make donuts? The bing bang rapid pulse is a donut Universe creator.

Because this happens in all directions, you meet the bubble in all directions, hence no reverse time travel. Forward yes. Each universe you pass through, you leap forward a split second, like travelling through ripples in a pond, outward. Concentric circles.

But then, what do I know, I'm from the same super cluster as you guys.

BTW - The universe is infinite because there are infinite universes and the universe isn't just what we think it is or what we can see. It is much bigger. Our definition of the Universe does not cover it.

[edit on 15/10/06 by Prote]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Terral,

WOW. That's quite the explanation there. I have to re-read it and try to absorb it.
I'll get back later.

Hell! That's an understatement!! Terral just fried my brains!

Now DG, don't even try to figure out your very valid question! What's beyond the Universe? Well, you can forget about the answer in the present three dimensional paradigm that we think in. Lets face it, and I daresay, that nobody at the present juncture can even hope to figure out the answer.

So suffice to think that the universe is infinity itself. No begining. No end! Period!

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
The big bang never happened. It's time to give the big bang a big bang and put it to rest once and for all before you all lose God altogether. The UNI-verse isn't infinite because there are infinite universes. The universe is just infinite and eternal and so are any others that exist parallel to this one, for existing parallel with the infinite and eternal, one parallel universe would have to be infinite and eternal itself to exist parallel to the other. End of story.

[edit on 16-10-2006 by UbiquitousInfiniteReality]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prote
The universe is infinite. The big bang happened.

Contradiction?

The big bang occurs many times per second, ...

BTW - The universe is infinite because there are infinite universes and the universe isn't just what we think it is or what we can see. It is much bigger. Our definition of the Universe does not cover it.

[edit on 15/10/06 by Prote]
Hence the term "Megaverse".

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
ultimately, YOU ARE THE UNIVERSE, since it is really just your brain processing the information around you.

if you die, does the universe cease to exist??

kind of like the tree in the middle of nowhere analogy.

another reason for me to believe that I am god itself. as is everyone else in the world. we are just a probability that is being carried out. we are eternal as you cannot cease to exist, just rearrange.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join