It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever wonder what's outside this vast universe?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The whole thing about everything is "Believe".

All living can believe, some better than others. Human believed, then we made a step like no other "yet" known living on Earth. I could talk about alot of # about this "life" or outside the universe or what ever. But there Is one thing keeping most known living away from believing, and that Is psychic feeling and other surroundings, Is this wrong or not.
I am not and good believer because I let psychic rejecting my believes and nearly have no doubt about it.
Human have made big steps of and In believing, learn to say "enough", I dont' care if this Is gonna cost my life, this Is mu only chance to still keep living wourth.
If I knew everything I wanted to know, I would die on the spot, if I didnt' have the feeling of desire, or have anybody to say good job, sex can have/give theese feeling. If I didnt' have theese feelings, I would die.

Some think they live for like the andrenalin rush only, but the real fearing stress rush, then humans can get In to and animal phase, so that we will get to think different too. But this is not enough too keep being alive, but with believe it would.

Nobody want's to live if it haves more negative sites than positive. When I think of the the big questions and the world of madness(Earth), I dont feel like living anymore, but when I get out In the social life that I love, then I am in another world.

I believe I die happy, having nothing left on my mind wourth trying/seeing = life satisfaction, and that Is basicly what we all are living for, if any normal person fully understand this, say's that he's not living for the social life, clap, then he is what I would call and believer!

Have a god, believe In him, when you feel no meaning with life, you can always seek help....
-------------------------------------------------------------
What this have to do with the topic Is: If I gave you the correct answear, what can you do, what can you use it for? I dont spend my time thinking of that in 2008, Instead I think of alot of other interesting things going on already, its easy to find other ending desires, but still the unending can be good, but I dont' ask others about what they dont know either, If I dont need it. I believe this Is only one of youre desires, but you are never gonna get it.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
who hasn't? I decided to come up with a version of the universe just so I stop obsessing about it.

My version of the universe is you're always at the center of it. If you somehow managed to travel in a perfectly straight line, you would end up where you started; it is mind bogglingly vast.

Macro micro, kind of like the surface of the world.

Other dimensions? Just like a TV screen, it has different channels.

No, I don't think there's an outside of the universe.

And I don't care to discuss it further

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I'm searching for the meaning of life and that's as good an answer as any, Niteboy.

I want to know the truth.

Why am i here? ( no wise cracks)

The meaning of life is simpe to live life to the fullest and propagate the species, all the while hepling each generation become more enlightened than the generation before. As far as I can tell this is basically it, and I love to propagate.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
There must have been some sort of ‘pre-matter’ and from that pre-matter a particle was made and then another particle and another and another until we get the universe that we have today – the universe is growing.

Gravity comes along and pulls hydrogen together and hydrogen turns into a sun and then starts throwing ions out, they are gathered up into meteorites, the meteorites gather on electromagnetic lines on the sun and become planets and moons and start to grow and grow and grow and become solar systems

Matter is made inside of all gravitational bodies like suns moons planets even large comets, so what you have is a constantly growing universe where matter is being made, it’s based on the negative and positive electromagnetic fields that are apart of everything and so if you have sort of like in your body - the cells in your body don’t crush in as you grow and become compacted into a rock, what they do is they make space for each other, negatively and positively you move outward and fill out your adult body. That’s how the universe works we make more solar systems and galaxies, the universe pushes outwards on a regular steady basis like a tree growing.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
When the LHC is turned on, I believe we will be one step closer to knowing what is and what isn't.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
There really is no meaning to life, most of the members of our species just isn't ready to except that. Man, for some reason or other wants all of this to mean something. To be something so amazingly special. Yet, there is nothing to indicate that there is anything special, or any reason, or any purpose to it all.

It's just all plain old physics plugging away. We will never know where our universe came from, despite all the theories we can think of. None of them can ever be proven because we can never know the variables that existed prior to this universe. We have all these neat theories suggesting that the universe is part of some multiverse, or there is an infinite number of universes. You know what that sounds like? It sounds like a cop out, like saying god did it. Let's pretend there are an infinite number of universes, or that we exist in a larger multiverse, that MIGHT explain where THIS universe came from, but then where did those come from?

Perhaps the most simplest answer here is the correct one. We just exist. That's it, that is the answer. We'll never know why or from where or how, so why waste all our resources and intellect into trying to figure out something we can never figure out? There are more important things to discover. Why not a cure to aging? Or finding a way to travel to the stars? Or making contact with alien life? Why not colonize and terraform mars and venus?

There's only one thing to remember here, man is an ignorant, arrogant, stupid animal who thinks he is special and any attempts to show that man is not is met with anger and ridicule. Such as I expect to get after submitting this.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I'm searching for the meaning of life and that's as good an answer as any, Niteboy.

I want to know the truth.

Why am i here? ( no wise cracks)

If you take everyone else's notions out of the equation for why we are here, subjectively I would think that it has a great deal to do with observing and learning through experiences.

The what happens after, although interesting and something I enjoy thinking about, really just seems to deter us from our experiences in the here and now.

There is one thing we know w/out a doubt and that is that when we say/do/ or think something, there is an effect that follows. To me, that is why we are here.... to note the effect to the causes that we produce, IMO.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I just wrote a short story in response to this very question. It's called, 'These Dark Worlds.'

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The above story explores the idea that we reside in one of many parallel realities, many of which are fairly comfortable for the inhabitants. However ours, one of a few dark worlds, has been marked for manipulation by an evil group of visitors.

To some extent, I believe the 'parallel world' theory to be true - but it's somehow mixed in with the idea of the holographic universe (that everything is simply a hologram and reality becomes real once it's observed).

I feel there are many other realms residing outside of what we can see and experience, and that outside of our physical universe there are an infinite number of universe residing in something like hyperspace.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join