It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 telephone number traced back to 1968

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2PacSade

Originally posted by crgintx
The number 33 was brought up as being signficant symbolically to the execution of a plot that has led to the destruction of the WTC. Sesh Heri has spoken publically about the number 33's significance to ancient secret religious societies. He has authored the book Wonder of the World as science fiction. Jules Verne authored a book about submarine which was the same as the sun's(nuclear) called Nautilus. The first nuclear submarine was called Nautilus. I can name further examples of how literary works of fiction(?) have revealed greater underlying truths. BTW Sesh Heri is ancient Kemetic for Scribe of Secrets.

[edit on 18-9-2006 by crgintx]

Again- Why don't any of you respond to my posts? Are you all just gonna keep making speculative comments w/o addressing the comments of a professional in the industry? C'mon guys! Again- There's no 33'rd parallel with respect to this issue, there's no 9/11 date significance with respect to this issue. . .

I'm calling the OP & the rest out on this! Not trying to be a hard ass but you pissed me off!

YOU'RE NOT RESPONDING RATIONALLY!!!

OP & Others. . . Please respond to my posts, otherwise, MODS, close this thread, or send it to BTS. PLEASE!

With all due repsect, I think you've lost the point of the original post and other posts made by In Nothing We Trust. This post has nothing to do with the hardware of the telecommunications network but the psychological warfare that has been waged on humanity for centuries by elites. Even if you don't believe that there was a larger 911 conspiracy, the psychological symbolic nature of attacking on 911 cannot be dismissed as mere coincidence by anyone except those with a debunker mentality.

I was in the USAF for 20 years and know that I was ordered to do things that were a part of a larger operation of which I didn't know the true objective of the operation. If this is true of mliitary ops, I'm dead certain the both intel and civilian operations can be run in the same manner.

Google the 33rd N parallel and see for yourself what comes up.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by crgintx]

[edit on 19-9-2006 by crgintx]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fifth Horseman
well, there is something significant about that day. First, there is and established link of freemasonry to egypt, ask any freemason. Next we have this:
lanternix.blogspot.com... it is arguable that the towers could represent the 'pillars of masonry'

Good point.

The symbolic design of the twin towers couldn't have been a mistake.

Symbolically designed to mimic the twin pilliars of solomon's temple.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolheretic
You have voted In nothing we trust for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Wow i never really knew this 33 is the mason degree!!.damm if you can mkae this theory out then you can also predict the next terror attack.!

Thanks cool

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I have worked in telecommunications for almost 20 years. I'm gonna make a call or two to some people that have been here forever, but I"m pretty sure this is the reason 911 was picked for "the" emergency number;

Way back when we had rotary phones, ( remember those? ), the set actually worked by sending and interupting electrical signals in a strict cadence when you dialed. The number of pulses sent also exactly matched the number on the dial.

( Three pulses = 3, etc. ).

If you were really good. You could take the handset off the cradle, and "tap" the switch hook almost like morse code, and dial a number. Especially a short one.

Also we pump warm air at @ 9psi into the cables that travel the streets to keep water out of any little holes or breaches in the cable itself. The reason for this is because when the cable gets wet, it will cause little "clicks" and "pops" if you were to monitor a tip & ring pair. The machines that accepted these pulses from your rotary dial phone sometimes would interperate the clicks & pops as pulses, and again, especially with a short dial string, ( remember a lot of places were 3, 4, 5 digit dial ), would actually complete the call!

So when the criteria was written down for an emergency number, this was factored into the decision. So we were left with these four points;

1) 9 was used because it would be the "first" number translated by the switch, ( or machine ), therefore to erroneously produce 9 "clicks" in the proper cadence, was much harder to do that 1 or 2.

2) 0 could not be used because it was already being used for operator assisted calls.

3) 1 & 1 were chosen for their speed.

4) We couldn't just use 9 because even if we translated that digit (only) as a valid emergency call, there is still a preset time period in the machines to allow for the next digit, and this would take too long. If we didn't set the machines this way everybody would be timing out & the calls would not complete. We have to allow for time between digits. Just pick up the phone & dial a number from 1 to 9 & see how long it takes before you get sent to a "fast busy" signal, or a recording that tells you to hang up & try again. The only valid single digit call is again 0, but that still has an @ 8 second time delay before it will switch you to an operator.

Again- I'll see if I can find out for sure & maybe actually produce non-proprietary documentation on this subject, but I'm almost 100% positive that these statements are fact.

Sorry INWT, but I believe that's the scoop. . .

spelling

So you think the reasons the numbers 911 were first adopted, was for speed and to adjust for water in the telephone cables, from what I can gather from your rather detailed technical explanation.

Good job by the way.

Now maybe you can answer this for me. Why is it that other countries around the globe adopted other numbers besides 911 for thier emergency systems?

For example:

In Britain the emergency number is 999, and 111 in New Zealand, site of a fantasy film about two falling towers. 999 and 111: a fellowship of the ring.

uploads.pacifica.edu...=%22firefighter%20Leonard%20Kershner%22

So I guess Britain has lots of wet telephone cables and New Zealand has found a way to keep thier cables dry?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmallMindsBigIdeas
I think your giving our government way too much credit to hide a conspiracy ... 40 years, so a conspiracy that passed through several different presidents and whateve other top level administrators who would have to be involved.

I don't think they needed to hide it. The just put it out there in full view for everyone to see, but they knew that most would never believe it.

As far as the 9/11 date being chosen as a specific date we need to remember that most of Europe and the Middle East use the format of dd/mm/yyyy for their dates ... so to most of the world it is not the 9/11 attacks but the 11/9 attacks ... the US is one of the few countries using the mm/dd configuration.

I'm not dismissing the fact that there is the possibility the day was chosen for a specific meaning. But barring any proof or clues to such it is mearly an interesting coincidence. Bin Laden released tapes after the attacks .. if there was some special meaning to the date I would think he would have referred to it in those.

As far as it being a number to play on our minds ... the gravity of the attacks could not be forgotten no matter what day they occured.

Americans have always been rebellious. I always forget that the europeans keep track of thier dates differently. We developed our own system of rule (US over metric)

Does anyone have a link to a good compilation of all of Bin ladins video's. I admit I haven't studied those too much as of yet.

Never forget.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tazadar
To rob the bank, smart criminals don't use guns, smart criminals own and run the bank.

The smartest criminals destroy the evidence.

I think the federal reserve is doomed.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   

But I'm telling all of you. This dail scheme for emergency services was born from other criteria. The phenomenon still happens to this day. We perodically get calls from police departments that they are receiving 911 calls, and they dispatch a cruiser only to find out there is a family eating dinner, and both parties involved are baffled. This is because we still have to accept pulses from rotary phones, and until this changes, we will still have to follow the same protocol in our machines because these metallic conditions still exist in most areas. . .

Even though we have upgraded numerous times to a system that is now called, ENHANCED 911, because it also provides address information, it will route you initially from a cell # to the state police so they can then properly dispatch, etc. It's pretty robust. . .

But even to this day, if you draw dial tone via a short across the tip & ring, and you then "morse code" 9-1-1 into a rotary set, or a tip & ring pair experiences a sudden "short circuit" due to wetness in the cable, and then the water causes 9 clicks, then 1 click, then 1 click. . . The police will be called. It's the best we can really do for what's out there for vendor equipment I assure you.

I'm telling you that the reason "911" was chosen is for the reasons I mentioned above, and nothing else. . . Again, there's no conspiracy here, it's all due to the network we provide for 911 to work within, and the rules we have to program into our machines.

Nothing to see here, move along. Just some wet telephone cables.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Opus
...1948 the company which would later produce Get Smart was formed. It is also my understanding that 1948 was a banner year for some eye brow raising incidents. Roswell being one among many other ….

www.threeworldwars.com...

I believe that Israel was also formed in 1948

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Opus
...1948 the company which would later produce Get Smart was formed. It is also my understanding that 1948 was a banner year for some eye brow raising incidents. Roswell being one among many other ….

www.threeworldwars.com...

I'm a bit puzzled???

Can you tell me what 1948 has to do with the OP's 911 remarks? I just don't get it.
Sorry-

New World Order vrs America.

911 is the call to arms.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
If you're interested in why the X11 system was adopted and the background behind the way our old switching stations interpreted signals, I'd be happy to address that via u2u.

Would you mind posting your sources for X11 system history, Djarums?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
It's actually called having a job in the telecommunications system...

If you can find me a way to post the training I've taken, and the information I've picked up working in that industry I'll be happy to do that.

I'm sure the information is somewhere like ask.com, google.com, or one of those "how does stuff work" type sites. I was merely sharing information that I know in order to assist in analyzing this topic.

Are firsthand sources no longer accepted? Only hyperlinked websites by people with zero familiarity with the system? To imply that the numbers 911 were picked by a "lottery" without explaining the X11 had already existed and the choices were rather limited is irresponsible, ignorant, and plain wrong.

Anyone who's even done an internship in the telecom industry can back me up on that.

EDIT: What the heck, I've tried digging up something that makes a bit of sense IN WRITING for ya... and this is the closest I can find...

www.answers.com...

The only difference I suppose is that what I was taught to be X11 is called N11 by these guys... ok I stand corrected I suppose.

Incidentally, for the sake of proving a point... here's the others.

111- Unused
211- Information/Referral Services
311- Non Emergency Gov't Services
411- Directory Assistance
511- Traffic/Travel
611- Repair
711 - Relay Services
811 - "Call before you dig"
911 - Emergency

[edit on 9-19-2006 by Djarums]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   

If you can find me a way to post the training I've taken, and the information I've picked up working in that industry I'll be happy to do that.

I'm sure the information is somewhere like ask.com, google.com, or one of those "how does stuff work" type sites. I was merely sharing information that I know in order to assist in analyzing this topic.

Are firsthand sources no longer accepted? Only hyperlinked websites by people with zero familiarity with the system? To imply that the numbers 911 were picked by a "lottery" without explaining the X11 had already existed and the choices were rather limited is irresponsible, ignorant, and plain wrong.

Anyone who's even done an internship in the telecom industry can back me up on that.

EDIT: What the heck, I've tried digging up something that makes a bit of sense IN WRITING for ya... and this is the closest I can find...

www.answers.com...

The only difference I suppose is that what I was taught to be X11 is called N11 by these guys... ok I stand corrected I suppose.

111- Unused
511- Traffic/Travel
611- Repair
711 - Relay Services
911 - Emergency

Thanx for adding this point about the N11 format. I was unsure when all the others were first implimented, so that's why I didn't mention it. I was gonna see if I could find any info on the dates at work today, but you've saved me the trouble. Thanx again-

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

I have worked in telecommunications for almost 20 years. I'm gonna make a call or two to some people that have been here forever, but I"m pretty sure this is the reason 911 was picked for "the" emergency number;

Way back when we had rotary phones, ( remember those? ), the set actually worked by sending and interupting electrical signals in a strict cadence when you dialed. The number of pulses sent also exactly matched the number on the dial.

( Three pulses = 3, etc. ).

If you were really good. You could take the handset off the cradle, and "tap" the switch hook almost like morse code, and dial a number. Especially a short one.

Also we pump warm air at @ 9psi into the cables that travel the streets to keep water out of any little holes or breaches in the cable itself. The reason for this is because when the cable gets wet, it will cause little "clicks" and "pops" if you were to monitor a tip & ring pair. The machines that accepted these pulses from your rotary dial phone sometimes would interperate the clicks & pops as pulses, and again, especially with a short dial string, ( remember a lot of places were 3, 4, 5 digit dial ), would actually complete the call!

So when the criteria was written down for an emergency number, this was factored into the decision. So we were left with these four points;

1) 9 was used because it would be the "first" number translated by the switch, ( or machine ), therefore to erroneously produce 9 "clicks" in the proper cadence, was much harder to do that 1 or 2.

2) 0 could not be used because it was already being used for operator assisted calls.

3) 1 & 1 were chosen for their speed.

4) We couldn't just use 9 because even if we translated that digit (only) as a valid emergency call, there is still a preset time period in the machines to allow for the next digit, and this would take too long. If we didn't set the machines this way everybody would be timing out & the calls would not complete. We have to allow for time between digits. Just pick up the phone & dial a number from 1 to 9 & see how long it takes before you get sent to a "fast busy" signal, or a recording that tells you to hang up & try again. The only valid single digit call is again 0, but that still has an @ 8 second time delay before it will switch you to an operator.

Again- I'll see if I can find out for sure & maybe actually produce non-proprietary documentation on this subject, but I'm almost 100% positive that these statements are fact.

Sorry INWT, but I believe that's the scoop. . .

spelling

So you think the reasons the numbers 911 were first adopted, was for speed and to adjust for water in the telephone cables, from what I can gather from your rather detailed technical explanation.

Good job by the way.

Now maybe you can answer this for me. Why is it that other countries around the globe adopted other numbers besides 911 for thier emergency systems?

For example:

In Britain the emergency number is 999, and 111 in New Zealand, site of a fantasy film about two falling towers. 999 and 111: a fellowship of the ring.

uploads.pacifica.edu...=%22firefighter%20Leonard%20Kershner%22

So I guess Britain has lots of wet telephone cables and New Zealand has found a way to keep thier cables dry?

If you add a bit more to the quote it states that a 'fireman" said this. Not somebody from AT&T, etc. I don't know how that equates his remarks as gospel?

Also, I don't know what the background of the writer is, so I can't really comment on the accuracy of the article. I'm gonna check out the 999 & 111 dial schemes, I don't know why exactly, but it may have to do with what they had in place already, and what was left to work with. You don't want to change dial patterns! Only as a last resort because it really messes people up. ( And we get a million trouble calls because of it. ).

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   

posted on 19-9-2006 at 02:26 (post id: 2495506) - single REPLY QUOTE

quote: Originally posted by 2PacSade
But I'm telling all of you. This dail scheme for emergency services was born from other criteria. The phenomenon still happens to this day. We perodically get calls from police departments that they are receiving 911 calls, and they dispatch a cruiser only to find out there is a family eating dinner, and both parties involved are baffled. This is because we still have to accept pulses from rotary phones, and until this changes, we will still have to follow the same protocol in our machines because these metallic conditions still exist in most areas. . .

Even though we have upgraded numerous times to a system that is now called, ENHANCED 911, because it also provides address information, it will route you initially from a cell # to the state police so they can then properly dispatch, etc. It's pretty robust. . .

But even to this day, if you draw dial tone via a short across the tip & ring, and you then "morse code" 9-1-1 into a rotary set, or a tip & ring pair experiences a sudden "short circuit" due to wetness in the cable, and then the water causes 9 clicks, then 1 click, then 1 click. . . The police will be called. It's the best we can really do for what's out there for vendor equipment I assure you.

I'm telling you that the reason "911" was chosen is for the reasons I mentioned above, and nothing else. . . Again, there's no conspiracy here, it's all due to the network we provide for 911 to work within, and the rules we have to program into our machines.

quote: from In Nothing We Trust
Nothing to see here, move along. Just some wet telephone cables.

I'm not making this stuff up. This really happens to this day, and we usually find that there's a bad splice, etc. in a cable, and all the complaints are from customers served by that cable.

When everything is finally switched over to fiber to the side of your house. These metallic anomalies will dissappear. ( And new conditions appear!!! )

added quote

[edit on 19-9-2006 by 2PacSade]

fixed quote

now it's good I think. Sorry-

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   

www.answers.com...

111- Unused
511- Traffic/Travel
611- Repair
711 - Relay Services
911 - Emergency

Thanx for adding this point about the N11 format. I was unsure when all the others were first implimented, so that's why I didn't mention it. I was gonna see if I could find any info on the dates at work today, but you've saved me the trouble. Thanx again-

The N11 format came from the North American Numbering Plan, which was produced by AT&T in 1947.

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't see how that changes anything. 911 was still released publicly, 33 years prior to 9/11.

Lots of things happened in 1947 - 1948

The New World Order was laying the foundation for it's plans.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
You know, INWT, I think you're right. There ARE no coincidences. That's why I now bring forth this fact: on September 11, 1968, Konstantin Shafranov was born. This forward for Kazahkstan's national hockey team, born THIRTY THREE YEARS TO THE DAY from 9/11/01, is obviously the man behind the New World Order, Masons, Illuminati, and the emergency telephone number scheme.

Mariella

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Okay, In Nothing we trust, are you serious?

I don't if they intented to destroy them. But if they did, it was probably because it was too expensive to repair or something. A One World Goverment. Possible? Unlikely, and the odds are just. Are you a BSB fan?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Since coincidences came up didnt Jesus "die" when he was 33?

Also I would like to say I agree with the view that America and Israel are heavily involved.

oh and here are some more "coincidences".

INWT you said earlier alot of things were going on 1947-48 POST WW2 years, the CIA was formed 1947 in September. I have heard that when numerous Nazis were brought to America (fleeing from persecution might i add) many of them got top jobs most notably in the CIA. "corrupt","coincidence" what are you talking about.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
[edit on 19-9-2006 by marcopolo]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

www.answers.com...

111- Unused
511- Traffic/Travel
611- Repair
711 - Relay Services
911 - Emergency

The N11 format came from the North American Numbering Plan, which was produced by AT&T in 1947.

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't see how that changes anything. 911 was still released publicly, 33 years prior to 9/11.

Lots of things happened in 1947 - 1948

The New World Order was laying the foundation for it's plans.

Sorry I was busy at work, and honestly have spent most of my ATS time on the Atlantis debris thread. I think if you look into this further, the actual time this was first implimented was in the early 50's. It even states this on the highly questionable site you have referenced. . .

Unless you are just trolling this along, I think you need to look at the facts presented by some people in this thread that obviously have a background in this area, and realize there is validity in said posts. People find likeness in everything. It's why we see golfballs & faces on Mars, why we see objects in cloud formations, why the bible code works. . . I could go on & on, but I think this sums it up;

Originally posted by bsl4doc

You know, INWT, I think you're right. There ARE no coincidences. That's why I now bring forth this fact: on September 11, 1968, Konstantin Shafranov was born. This forward for Kazahkstan's national hockey team, born THIRTY THREE YEARS TO THE DAY from 9/11/01, is obviously the man behind the New World Order, Masons, Illuminati, and the emergency telephone number scheme.

Because we have imagination, we can create things out of nothing. . .

( I did like the officer Barbary pic though- (LOL))

spelling

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join