It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 telephone number traced back to 1968

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Alright, this is getting out of control. 911 and 9/11 were planned at the same time? So the Illuminati could have them tied together? There is NO merit to this and is a pure fantasy. You can do anything with numbers. It seems significant, but it's just coincidence. Really, where do you go from there?

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by trudginup
Alright, this is getting out of control. 911 and 9/11 were planned at the same time? So the Illuminati could have them tied together? There is NO merit to this and is a pure fantasy. You can do anything with numbers. It seems significant, but it's just coincidence. Really, where do you go from there?

Your statement has no merit. Please explain why it is just a coincidence? Give some proof to back up your claim. Provide some stats, links, information, details, SOMETHING!

[edit on 18-9-2006 by DickBinBush]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Alright, this is getting out of control. 911 and 9/11 were planned at the same time? So the Illuminati could have them tied together?

It's called psychological programming.

They gave the population 33 years to assosciate the numbers 911 with an emergency. Even the youngest child knows to call 911 in an emergency.

A coloring book for children.

The masonic sign of distress is an emergency. Both buildings certainity fell didn't they. Might as well do it a third time as well.

Maybe the New World Order is calling the messiah for help.

[edit on 18-9-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Alright, this is getting out of control. 911 and 9/11 were planned at the same time? So the Illuminati could have them tied together?

It's called psychological programming.

They gave the population 33 years to assosciate the numbers 911 with an emergency. Even the youngest child knows to call 911 in an emergency.

A coloring book for children.

The masonic sign of distress is an emergency.

Maybe the New World Order is calling the messiah for help.

[edit on 18-9-2006 by In nothing we trust]

Yeah that 33 years thing..wow. It's a little strange to say the least.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Or maybe, since anyone who has been in the country and used a phone book knows that 911 is the emergency number, they picked that date to match it. Or any one of a number of other reasons they picked 9/11.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Or maybe, since anyone who has been in the country and used a phone book knows that 911 is the emergency number, they picked that date to match it. Or any one of a number of other reasons they picked 9/11.

Who exactly are you referring to when you say "they"? Terrorists or the U.S. Government?

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
My consensus is on the 'Terrorists' using the date 9/11 as significant number to the USA.

Any reference to the number would play on the minds of all who know it.

Its not a coincidence, IMO. Just not a diabolical plot hatched by the government almost 40 years ago.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Is it really hard to believe that whomever planned the attacks simply picked a date that would be slightly ironic to people who use 911 as an emergency number?

There really isn't anything else significant about that day. The weather wasn't optimal for flying, there weren't any big conventions at the towers, anything. The date just happened to be ironic and would resonate a little more in the populace.

If the attacks had happened on 4/11, you woudl be suggesting that this is some scheme between the people at the Yellow Book directory and the shadow government? heh

Mariella

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DickBinBush

Your statement has no merit. Please explain why it is just a coincidence? Give some proof to back up your claim. Provide some stats, links, information, details, SOMETHING!

First, provide proof that it ISNT coincidence, and not conjecture but PROOF before you profess someone else as meritless and

Who exactly are you referring to when you say "they"? Terrorists or the U.S. Government?

Secondly, why would it matter who the "they" are...whichever entity is responsible, your posture is such that this entity, (the "they") designed it from 1968, or the inception of 911 as an emergency number, so why would the "they" be relevant?

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

First, provide proof that it ISNT coincidence, and not conjecture but PROOF before you profess someone else as meritless and

Secondly, why would it matter who the "they" are...whichever entity is responsible, your posture is such that this entity, (the "they") designed it from 1968, or the inception of 911 as an emergency number, so why would the "they" be relevant?

When do we stop calling everything a coincidence? At what point have we crossed a line where we say enough is enough and stop referring to everything as JUST a coincidence?

I'm trying to figure out who he is labeling as "they". My stance is it is completely possible that the government created this back in 1968 and it meant something back then. Why 911 as the number? Yeah it's quick and easy. But why not 2? Give me one good reason why 911. How can you say this is just coincidence?

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So are any of the conspiracy theorists going to try to answer the questions in my post? Or do you regularly ignore things that take your crazy schemes and reduce them to simple, logical reason? ::coughcoughOccam'sRazorcoughcough::

Here, I'll copy and past the post again so you don't have to scroll up.

Is it really hard to believe that whomever planned the attacks simply picked a date that would be slightly ironic to people who use 911 as an emergency number?

There really isn't anything else significant about that day. The weather wasn't optimal for flying, there weren't any big conventions at the towers, anything. The date just happened to be ironic and would resonate a little more in the populace.

If the attacks had happened on 4/11, you woudl be suggesting that this is some scheme between the people at the Yellow Book directory and the shadow government? heh

Now, can you explain way the point I make in the post? Please?

Mariella

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsl4doc

Mariella
well, there is something significant about that day. First, there is and established link of freemasonry to egypt, ask any freemason. Next we have this:
lanternix.blogspot.com... it is arguable that the towers could represent the 'pillars of masonry'
bls4doc would you care to comment on the design present in your avatar? Not the current medical misuse but the obvious connection to Hermes? Patron of Alchemy. Who is interested in alchemy?
altreligion.about.com...
Irony? you bet.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fifth Horseman
well, there is something significant about that day. First, there is and established link of freemasonry to egypt, ask any freemason. Next we have this:
lanternix.blogspot.com...

And Egypt is connected to September 11 or the attacks...how? The terrorists were Saudi, not Egyptian. And if you think our government did it, none of the government officials are Egyptian either =(.

it is arguable that the towers could represent the 'pillars of masonry'

It's also arguable that they don't represent the "pillars of masonry", and are instead trying to maximize vertical office space and increase tourism and revnue in the city.

bls4doc would you care to comment on the design present in your avatar? Not the current medical misuse but the obvious connection to Hermes? Patron of Alchemy. Who is interested in alchemy?
altreligion.about.com...
Irony? you bet.

The symbol is a mixture of Hermian alchemical knowledge (the staff) and Athenian wisdom (snakes). I don't see why this has anything to do with you trying to prove your conspiracy hypothesis?

Mariella

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Mariella, with all respect..

And Egypt is connected to September 11 or the attacks...how?
um.. the link I provided shows it is the date of the egyptian new year. So it is not unrelated

It's also arguable that they don't represent the "pillars of masonry"
the premise of this thread is symbology connected with 911, no? Freemasons came from the templar knights, who fought in the crusades against the muslims. Egypt was the source of the mystery schools who provided the basis of many secret societies. You need to dig deeper than you are. Here, this makes for an interesting read. www.enterprisemission.com... (interesting, not proven)

altreligion.about.com...
Irony? you bet.

The symbol is a mixture of Hermian alchemical knowledge (the staff) and Athenian wisdom (snakes). I don't see why this has anything to do with you trying to prove your conspiracy hypothesis?
so as a medical doctor why associate yourself with this. Perhaps you meant to install the wand of Asclepius as your avatar, it would be more fitting IMHO, for it is said that Hippocrates is an ancestor of Asclepius. My point is that it is demonstrable that you seem to know little of occult topics, and therefore shouldn't be expected to immediately draw the conlusions needed to understand my "hypothesis"

[edit on 18-9-2006 by Fifth Horseman]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
You have voted In nothing we trust for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Wow i never really knew this 33 is the mason degree!!.damm if you can mkae this theory out then you can also predict the next terror attack.!

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I have worked in telecommunications for almost 20 years. I'm gonna make a call or two to some people that have been here forever, but I"m pretty sure this is the reason 911 was picked for "the" emergency number;

Way back when we had rotary phones, ( remember those? ), the set actually worked by sending and interupting electrical signals in a strict cadence when you dialed. The number of pulses sent also exactly matched the number on the dial.

( Three pulses = 3, etc. ).

If you were really good. You could take the handset off the cradle, and "tap" the switch hook almost like morse code, and dial a number. Especially a short one.

Also we pump warm air at @ 9psi into the cables that travel the streets to keep water out of any little holes or breaches in the cable itself. The reason for this is because when the cable gets wet, it will cause little "clicks" and "pops" if you were to monitor a tip & ring pair. The machines that accepted these pulses from your rotary dial phone sometimes would interperate the clicks & pops as pulses, and again, especially with a short dial string, ( remember a lot of places were 3, 4, 5 digit dial ), would actually complete the call!

So when the criteria was written down for an emergency number, this was factored into the decision. So we were left with these four points;

1) 9 was used because it would be the "first" number translated by the switch, ( or machine ), therefore to erroneously produce 9 "clicks" in the proper cadence, was much harder to do that 1 or 2.

2) 0 could not be used because it was already being used for operator assisted calls.

3) 1 & 1 were chosen for their speed.

4) We couldn't just use 9 because even if we translated that digit (only) as a valid emergency call, there is still a preset time period in the machines to allow for the next digit, and this would take too long. If we didn't set the machines this way everybody would be timing out & the calls would not complete. We have to allow for time between digits. Just pick up the phone & dial a number from 1 to 9 & see how long it takes before you get sent to a "fast busy" signal, or a recording that tells you to hang up & try again. The only valid single digit call is again 0, but that still has an @ 8 second time delay before it will switch you to an operator.

Again- I'll see if I can find out for sure & maybe actually produce non-proprietary documentation on this subject, but I'm almost 100% positive that these statements are fact.

Sorry INWT, but I believe that's the scoop. . .

spelling

[edit on 18-9-2006 by 2PacSade]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fifth Horseman
Mariella, with all respect..

And Egypt is connected to September 11 or the attacks...how?
um.. the link I provided shows it is the date of the egyptian new year. So it is not unrelated

It's also arguable that they don't represent the "pillars of masonry"
the premise of this thread is symbology connected with 911, no? Freemasons came from the templar knights, who fought in the crusades against the muslims. Egypt was the source of the mystery schools who provided the basis of many secret societies. You need to dig deeper than you are. Here, this makes for an interesting read. www.enterprisemission.com... (interesting, not proven)

It's funny, because every other site I've found makes no mention of 9/11 being the Egpytian New Year. Perhaps you should look up some SCHOLARLY sites regarding this issue. Here are a few:

www.lakelandschools.org...
www.narmer.pl...

All the sources of I have listed the Egyptian New Year as the date at which the constellation Sirius rises, which is July 15 by the Julian calendar or June 15 by the Gregorian. YOUR source, a personal blog, seems to not jive with, well, acadaemia. I think it's fairly safe to assume that the academic community is a little more up to date on it's Egyptology than an blogger. In fact, your blogger source points out that this is the modern Egpytian new year, not the ancient one that the masons are related to.

so as a medical doctor why associate yourself with this. Perhaps you meant to install the wand of Asclepius as your avatar, it would be more fitting IMHO, for it is said that Hippocrates is an ancestor of Asclepius.

Soo..your personal preference regarding MY avatar is related to this topic....how? I think there's something in the ATS TC about personal attacks, no?

My point is that it is demonstrable that you seem to know little of occult topics, and therefore shouldn't be expected to immediately draw the conlusions needed to understand my "hypothesis"

And my point is that you use a personal blog to support your hypothesis, rather than actually doing research, and thus you are prone to get things wrong, as you have illustrated here.

EDIT TO ADD: Good point, 2PacSade, I never thought to look into that area. So, I wonder how the conspiracy theorists will make this "disappear". They usually either ignore a thread when they can't shove any more conjecture or make believe in there.

Mariella

[edit on 9/18/2006 by bsl4doc]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
My consensus is on the 'Terrorists' using the date 9/11 as significant number to the USA.

Any reference to the number would play on the minds of all who know it.

Its not a coincidence, IMO. Just not a diabolical plot hatched by the government almost 40 years ago.

I think your giving our government way too much credit to hide a conspiracy ... 40 years, so a conspiracy that passed through several different presidents and whateve other top level administrators who would have to be involved.

As far as the 9/11 date being chosen as a specific date we need to remember that most of Europe and the Middle East use the format of dd/mm/yyyy for their dates ... so to most of the world it is not the 9/11 attacks but the 11/9 attacks ... the US is one of the few countries using the mm/dd configuration.

I'm not dismissing the fact that there is the possibility the day was chosen for a specific meaning. But barring any proof or clues to such it is mearly an interesting coincidence. Bin Laden released tapes after the attacks .. if there was some special meaning to the date I would think he would have referred to it in those.

As far as it being a number to play on our minds ... the gravity of the attacks could not be forgotten no matter what day they occured.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I think if they planned this for over 30 years it would have been a better job.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Just thought I'd add this to the mix:

Ground was broken for the Pentagon on September 11, 1941, with construction completed in approximately sixteen months at a cost of $83 million.

Wiki entry

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join