It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pterodactyl or What?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   

This picture (close-up above, full image below) I took with my digital camera on October 25, 2003, while taking a train trip to the mountains. It almost looks like this object is ready to swoop down and attack the unsuspecting deer.

People from Alaska have claimed to have seen a Thunderbird. Some say the wing span was anywhere from 10-14 feet! Could there be birds or other flying things this huge out there? I believe it's possible and more sightings will occur with the depletion of our forests.

See rest of article and photo at

www.coasttocoastam.com...

[Edited on 09/08/2002 by MountainStar]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Interesting photo. It wouldn't surprise me if the act of deforesting still leads to discovery of new species as their habitat is destroyed, but i have no idea what the hell that is.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Looks like a duck to me...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Looks like some crap on the window of the train. No definition or shape.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Mountain Star.......
The picture from the site:

and the ones from this site:
"Dragons are not extinct!"
Link:
www.anzwers.org...

*edit*....since the image has a hard time staying active, you will have to goto the site to see....the link above will take you there. Loads slow and you will need to scroll down roughly 3/4's of the page.
My apologies....

Do I think it is possible such a 'thing' may still exist? Yes.
Do I think the above picture found at the site you linked is a PTERODACTYL? I can't even start to make an educated guess on that....
My short observational opinion is that it is either a fake or something that needs to be looked into.....
There is an old saying: "Never say never"....

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Looks like a moth on the train windows or something.

Jay

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Just looking at the photo it kinda reminds me of a Manta Ray. But i can also see where Fry said it looks like a duck. It almost looks like a photo shop job, I blew it up a little and say what i think to be a blue ring. But someone who is better with photo editors is going to have to confirm that.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the link and posting the picture Seekerof.
I put it in my favorites
I tried posting the picture using the image gizmos, but it didn't work.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
Looks like a duck to me...

That's exactly what I thought it was. Still looks like a duck...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
~Wow. Great pictures guys and I really do wonder if dragons/dinosaurs might still survive today in some remote and unexplored regions of the world. I gave my cousin the links and he's a skeptic as well. He enjoyed them too and wonderd the same about the possibility of the existance of such creatures.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Looks like a piece of crap to me. But hey, since I can't explain it, let's just choose the most far-fetched solution, yup, must be a pterydactyl.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
well I just set the picture as my desktop to get a closer look and I don't know if its just my eyes, but the sky around the edge of the "thing" looks decidedly blurry. Something dosen't seem quite right about it.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
In caption that comes with this picture says its deer in the field. To me some of those figures look like chickens, but deer or chickens if the animal in question was that close the deer or chicken would be running away from it. (example

Thats what some airports do. They employ hawks to scare away jack rabbits and birds around the area of the airport.

Either this was a duck, goose, or some known bird flying over head or it wasn't even in the shot to begin with.

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by MrRadicalEd]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I can do the same thing with a black airplane and photoshop. All I do is smudge some things around and there you go.

Also notice that in between it's wing there is a lighter area. No doubt this is a fake.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
looks like somthen on the window or a photoshop jobe

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
yup you can definatly see the join

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Link:
www.anzwers.org...

worst website ever

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
looks like an out of focus close up forground shot of a falling leaf. Not too credible of a thunderbird

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I say it's Rodan!!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by evildoer

Originally posted by Seekerof
Link:
www.anzwers.org...

worst website ever

Your "opinion" is noted...got any other imput or "opinion" to the topic?
I be interested in hearing what you think the is 'in' the picture....

Have a good stay at ATS and belated welcome.......

regards
seekerof

top topics

<<   2 >>

join