It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Children See "Dead People"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
As the father of a recently turned 4 year old, I have a question about others experiences. When he was about 4 months old, I started to notice that he would on occasion get fixated on something. For example, one instance I remember very clearly, I was changing his diaper, and he was on his back looking up at me. He very distinctly fixated his eyes on something behind me, smiled and giggled, while reaching out with his little hands. I thought my wife had walked in, turned to say hello, and I'm telling you straight up, there was nothing there. Nothing at all, yet he continued to look at whatever it is he saw, reaching for it.

Another example, He was maybe 6 months old. I was feeding him, and he was cradled in my arm. Again, he fixated on something over my shoulder, pushed his bottle away, looked me square in the face, looked back over my shoulder and screamed. It wasn't the daily baby screaming, which we've all heard countless times. It was a terrified scream. His face was the picture of fear. Again, absolutely nothing was there. It took several minutes to console him.

When he turned 3, he was able to articulate. He had several, what I called "Imaginary friends", and he was scared of most of them. Again, he just turned 4, and he still "sees" them. He will describe in pretty fine detail what each of them looks like. We'll be playing, and all of a sudden he'll point and say "There's so and so!" naming one of the creatures. He has a name for all of them.
So Daddy goes and "beats up" the creature, and throws him out. I'll ask him questions about them, and he'll say "so and so is right there, don't you see him?"

Now this does not happen all the time, and he is not terrified, in fact he doesn't even seem scared at all anymore, just a little trepidacous. Now I have a pretty big imagination, is it that he does as well?
Does the innocence of childhood allow for the brain to see things before it gets jaded by growing up?
I'd love to hear others experiences, and/or explanations.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The answer is yes, they can see things we cant because at that age we aren't corrupted by society and the way we have to think yet.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I believe that both young children and animals see things we don't. Their thought patterns are on a different wavelength than adults are.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
each person has a guardian that stands directly behind them. Obviously your son saw your guardian and while one time it delighted him another time he found it terrifying. That's what God is like, terrifying to the tiny human mind, and our guardians are god beings.

The guardians also have other beings that serve them and your son may be seeing them too. There's nothing to be afraid of at all. However the usual way it works is the beings appear for a child who is neglected or left alone too much. And they also appear at other times for various reasons. They sometimes frighten the child so as to make the parents show more love and attention for the child. Also they sometimes appear as friends that play with the child to keep the child's mind growing rapidly.

So the beings are playing a big part in the development of society with its individuals even though society rejects all beings except the religious icons they are taught are ok.

I just watched a documentary about a family that were moving into a country house and their young son saw a terrifying man with hoofed feet. The son was so afraid that he wouldn't live in the house and the family had to live elsewhere. But the child's grandmother stayed at the house and the being kept terrifying the boy at another house. Then the being said it came from an old well behind the house. No one knew about the old well but the father went and found it. They didn't ever live there and the grandmother moved out. What actually happened was the boy's or his parents guardian saw the dangerous well that no one knew about and knew that it was a danger to the young child who would possibly fall into it and die. So the guardian created a terrifying situation which forced the parents to live elsewhere. It was all done to protect the child but the humans are none the wiser. That's how guardians sometimes work. Being cruel to be kind.

[edit on 13-9-2006 by probedbygrays]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Lots of reasons ... Dead people are dead and in the ground .. so the answer to can Children see dead people is Absolutely Not ... Noone sees "DEAD PEOPLE" ... Although, I do believe that are perceptonal abilities TONE down as we get older and learn that we don't have to look everytime we feel someone watching us ... But .. anyways ... yeah.... find posts that bet_555 .. or bet555 or bet5 ... has posted on .. really interesting stuff ... Especially if you are searching for the turth on Perceptional Abilities that we have LOST!

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hi Lombozo -- well, you're getting a nice little cross-section of opinions here, so as always, you'll be compelled to reach your own conclusions, based on your instincts about your son's (and your OWN) reactions and whichever responses feel most right to you.

As to your question 'can children see dead people':- I was a child once and yes, once I saw a dead person which I clearly remember. He was amongst a group of workmen tidying up a grave before a funeral in a village in the North of England.

I saw him; no-one else did apparently, although he and the vicar were communicating. I suspect now, from an adult perspective, that their discussion may have been on a non-verbal level, although as a child of five, I believed they were communicating in the usual sense. The 'dead person' in question was a young man and although very calm and good natured, he was letting the vicar know that he didn't want to be buried. Quite possibly, he'd died in an accident and didn't realise he was dead and/or didn't 'feel' dead ... or simply didn't want to be dead.

Whatever the case, I followed this brief discussion between the deceased man and the vicar with rapt attention, although non of the many adults present seemed aware it was happening. In the end, I apparently began shouting out to the vicar: " He doesn't WANT to go ! He doesn't WANT to ! " ('go' in this instance meaning 'to be buried', to 'go' to wherever dead people go). The reason being that the vicar was gently telling the deceased young man: ' Come on lad -- everyone's waiting. It's time to go now.' To which the young man replied, just as courteously: ' I don't want to.' This continued for several minutes, at which point, in defence of the young man, I did the unthinkable for a child in such circumstances, and 'made a fuss' by shouting out to the vicar --- because to my child's mind, the vicar was failing to understand what the young man was clearly telling him; i.e., that he simply did not want to go/be buried.

Next I knew, I woke up at home, in my own bed. I'd been awakened by my parents arguing downstairs and distinctly remember my mother shouting at my father, because it was his mother who'd taken me to the funeral. My mother shouted at him: 'She had NO right taking a young child to a funeral !'. In later years I learned that after shouting out to the vicar in the young man's defence, I'd collapsed in a small heap and had been rushed home with a lot of tut-tutting from the elders who'd had their funeral ruined by my outburst.

I've seen a few dead people aka ghosts as an adult. Not many. They appeared quite alive: no wailing about in shrouds or ghostly fingers etc. Nope, they looked just like anyone else, with one exception: the ghosts I see don't have any legs below the knee area. I don't know if that's a lapse of attention on my part or theirs.

Once, I took one of my teenage children to a dowser who was widely recommended in the area by local doctors and dentists. Because he used rods rather than pendulums, his work-space was spacious: basically double the size of an average room and quite long. I sat to one side silently, while he paced the length of his room towards my daughter, the rods dipping, crossing etc. from time to time. He was an extremely well-informed man and had all the then-latest technology to shield his work space from electrical and other interference. He didn't seem at all 'wacko': just calm, taciturn, concentrated. He prescribed a variety of herbal and other extracts for my daughter (which later proved to be quite effective). He had a busy schedule, so there was no waste of time or chat. As we were in the process of departing, he suddenly turned to me absently and said: ' By the way, ever since you came into the room, I've been seeing two men standing behind you. One is older and the other wears a military uniform -- WW2 vintage by the look of it.'

Surprised, I launched half a dozen questions at once, to which he replied that he didn't have time or inclination to go into it further but had just wanted to let me know, in case it held significance for me.

Well, it did, particularly the man in military uniform, for I had recently begun researching my father's brother, who was a Glider Pilot who'd been killed in WW2 and for whom, inexplicably, I had always felt a strong bond and attachment. He died before I was born, so there has never been a logical explanation for my bond with him. Actually I saw this deceased relative once when I was a child -- I forgot to mention it above as I don't classify him as a ghost, more a protective spirit. Whatever the case, the dowser saw someone behind my shoulder; someone who may well have been the uncle in question. And the older man also seen may well have been that uncle's own father: my grandfather, to whom I was close.

I'm not a great conscious meditator -- always mean to start practising meditation but never seem to make the time. But on a few occasions I've tried, and twice, years ago, I saw the two men in question (uncle and grandfather). They were in a dark landscape, off in the distance, watching me. At the time, I thought I must have imagined it. But after the dowser said he saw the two men behind my shoulder, I'm not so sure. Perhaps they are there -- maybe not always, because I'm sure they have other things to do. Or, perhaps 'dead people' are able to split off a portion of their spirit to watch over specific others, in the same way we may be able to attach a portion of our consciousness (without realising we're doing it) to 'ride along' with our children or other loved ones and watch over them, keep an eye out for their welfare -- a protective bubble of love that we send out to hover around them.

If the dowser (and many others) are correct, spirits may sit behind the shoulders of the living. In which case, this may be what your son has seen. Your description certainly sounds as if he's seeing something. That's how it seems to you, and you know his every gurgle and burp. Sorry it upsets him from time to time, but where there's good, there's also bad. Possibly he sees bad ones occasionally. Why not toss salt over your shoulder when he cries and see if that gets rid of the bad ones? That's what my father always did. It's a belief that has history. And praying (to whatever you believe in) for your son's protection would not go astray either.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
My daughter and my exs son both had an experience several times when my daugheter was about 1 year old and her brother was just about 3.

They were both sleeping in there room, and our room was down the hall. All of a sudden we would hear them both talking to someone. When I walked in to check and see what they were doing, they werent talking to each other, but something or someone in the middle of the room. I asked who they were talking to, and my daughter, who just recently started talking, said its name was "A boo" so I dont think anything about it, and my exs son said the person he was talking to was "Amy" So Im thinking to myself, and I cant think of anyone he knows named Amy, and Im wondering where he learned the name. I went to bed not thinking anything about it, but each night around the same time they kept talking to whoever it was, having actual conversations. They would talk, pause as if someone was answering, then talk again, sometimes laughing like something funny was being said.

When they got older it stopped, but I still keep wondering who they were talking to. My daughter is just about 5 now and I havent really heard her talking to anyone like she was before. It was pretty odd in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Adults can be jaded as life rolls by them.

However, Children, being very pure/innocent in their ways, are more suseptible to things that grownups have dismissed as being 'fantasy'?

It's funny how the levels of perception disperse, as we get older.

That's the key word: PERCEPTION

How we perceive things on a day to day basis.

Through a childs eyes?

Adults have the same physical eyes as a child. (only older and bigger)

What makes 'seeing' different between a kid and a parent?

Do we see what we want to see, or are we allowed in some way to see what is to be portrayed before our eyes?

When we talk about kids having 'imaginary friends'? How do we know that these imaginary friends don't exist?

We can reveal so many proofs:

1. Tape-recordings
2. Pictures
3. Tangible/Physical

Some privelaged adults are able to see & connect to what the children are experiencing.

All these experiences that people have added to this thread do NOT sound like they are misguided or misled or anything else.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I am 14 and can renember my 'toddlerhood' very well. I never saw anything like that, or had imaginery friends

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
lombozo, perhaps he was scared to see two of you.

yes children can see "dead people". They can see a lot of things we can not. The most important thing is to not make them feel silly for it, or doubt them.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'm going to have to say no, how do I know? Because I never saw or talked to a damn thing. Who knows how the brain of a four month old or an animal works, maybe they find a spot on an a white wall interesting to stare at...

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I did and I remember very well until now.

I always did see people that others could not see and was always called a lier.

Until one day I describe to my cousins that a man was standing on the fence and was looking at us.

They could not see him but I did and describe him to my mother and the next door lady show me a picture and it was the man in the picture and she just turned around and told something to my mother.

She told her that it was her father and that he has been death for many years.

After that I started to get scare of the people that others could not see.

My mother told me to ignore them and to pray for them to go away and never to tell anybody again about that.

But I knew that they will never hurt.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I'm going to have to say no, how do I know? Because I never saw or talked to a damn thing. Who knows how the brain of a four month old or an animal works, maybe they find a spot on an a white wall interesting to stare at...

Very closed minded, Do you have a particular religion?

If so, that is as fake as seeing dead people, for you can not prove it ever existed except some book, yet you still worship a god.. Interesting call there pal.. Try opening your eyes to more things that are in front of you. You pass up the beauty within everything.

EX:

When I look into the wood I see a wonderful landscape of life and what could be there or what could have been there.

You.

God these woods suck..

Point being there is more to what you see in things.. give it a shot.. You might like it.. Really...

[edit on 9/16/2006 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Very closed minded, Do you have a particular religion?

No, I'm a healthy skeptic, when it comes to matters such as these I need a lot of evidence to convince me otherwise. And by the way I'm an atheist, never jump the gun friend.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
A childs brain is alot more developed then when we get older. I dont know what its called but the thing in your brain that makes you only use a little bit of your brain shrinks as you get older. So im geussing when your a baby you are alot smarter then the adult. Also able to see alot more things. Call me crazy. But thats what i believe. I also believe babies use telepathy to talk to each other.. something we dont have as adults because we only use a small portion of the brain.. Think about it.. it does make sense.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I think you have some things mixed up there, you use your entire brain but you only use a small percentage of it AT ANY GIVEN time due to that fact that certain parts of the brain are used for certain tasks. This does not mean you are not smart, in fact if your entire brain was active all at once it would not make you smarter it would just give you a seizure.

Since children, particularly young ones are essentially learning all the time I can see why their brain would be more active AT ANY GIVEN time than an adults brain. However it does not mean they are smarter or that they have unnatural powers, it's just the way it works.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
When children are born new borns come into the word from the womb but also the soul comes into the world through a window.

The window usually stays open until about 3 years of age at that time children starts learning from their environment and they starts forgetting the place from where they came.

Some children's window stays open longer than others, while is a few that it never truly closes.

That is why is people that can see what others can not, no matter how hard they try, practice or learn how too.

Is nothing wrong with been skeptical and no been able to believe, because sometimes it was mean to be.

The same way that for others is totally different and they are able to see.

Others are more suggestible and they can learn to see.

While many can never understand what they see or why the see it and never truly fit well with it and they can become mental unstable when they can not differentiate between this world and the place where they came from.

It took a while for me to understand that it was not the devil, nor religion, not mental instability the reason why I could see what others didn't.

And it took longer to control what I wanted to see and what I didn't not.

But it can be worked out to a comfortable level that will not affect our everyday life.

As I got older I stop seen with the clarity that I had as a child.

But I still can see as I see fit.
My children also can see, and since my husband has been married to me onces in while he can see things also.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I believe we are born as highly spiritual beings and slowly shut that off as we age (but I also believe that's avoidable and some people stay spiritual). I believe that by the time we're around 8 to 10 years old, we have gone all corporeal, and we have lost the insight into the spiritual realm. Then we spend the rest of our lives trying to get it back.

Yes, I believe children see much more than we see. And I have several anecdotes to supply if you are interested.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I believe we are born as highly spiritual beings and slowly shut that off as we age (but I also believe that's avoidable and some people stay spiritual).

You are quite right Val, when we come into this world we are clean and free from any mental blocks that arises from our environment as humans.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Yes, I believe children see much more than we see. And I have several anecdotes to supply if you are interested.

Please do, I'm always interested to learn new things. And Marge that whole window thing, umm... you really think we have some special connection until we're three?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join