It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 190
<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I did find this one by NASA. It looks very similar to the one from Thunderbolts.info (you stated it was from Lick) . Can you have a look and provide me some insight? NASA states it is a Hubble Image.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This one is huge, and png format. Wiki claims it is Galileo...but the color looks like Clementine.

If it isn't Clementine, it certainly supports the assertion of the group here that the Clementine images should be given MUCH more credence.

upload.wikimedia.org...

During its flight, the Galileo spacecraft returned images of the Moon. The Galileo spacecraft took these images on December 7, 1992 on its way to explore the Jupiter system in 1995-97. The distinct bright ray crater at the bottom of the image is the Tycho impact basin. The dark areas are lava rock filled impact basins: Oceanus Procellarum (on the left), Mare Imbrium (center left), Mare Serenitatis and Mare Tranquillitatis (center), and Mare Crisium (near the right edge). This picture contains images through the Violet, 756 nm, 968 nm filters. The color is 'enhanced' in the sense that the CCD camera is sensitive to near infrared wavelengths of light beyond human vision. The Galileo project is managed for NASA's Office of Space Science by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I am looking through, trying to get several images to see if i can layer a better resolution out of them.

In doing so, i ran across this site with amateur photo's. Thought you might find them interesting. Lots of strange goings on.

members.optushome.com.au...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
That one of Aristachus is amazing Big Furry!
Look at it. That's definitely raised above, convex not concave (right?)!
upload.wikimedia.org...

[edit on 29-6-2007 by undo]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It is so bright that i am left to believe it is either illuminated from within a crater, from within a dome, or of some origin that i cannot begin to explain.

It is so bright that it created some blue shift artifact. i can't really do much to enhance it because of this artifact.

But, while searching for some copernicus images i ran across this one (it is large for dial up users):

www.solarviews.com...

In the space aboe the horizon of the moon, there is this:

If you look closely, you can see some black pixels in front of the "fingernail" shaped object. It makes it appear to me as if the object was actually there on the image, as the data loss occured after it was imposed on the image itself.

Then, to the right, is some weird, blocky object.

Note, as well, that if you open the original image, there are stars in the sky. Very, very rare that you see that in these images.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

I did find this one by NASA. It looks very similar to the one from Thunderbolts.info (you stated it was from Lick) . Can you have a look and provide me some insight? NASA states it is a Hubble Image.

This photo was taken by the Lick Obsevatory on January 17, 1946. There are several ways to tell but the easiest is from the explosion located at about 12:30 on the edge of the moon. There is another photo of a full moon taken by Lick on May 20, 1947 that looks similar except that Mare Crisium is at 1 o'clock instead of 2:30 due to libration. Thunderjoke.info has incredible mistakes in photos all through it.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
John said once that he has a particular interest in pictures of the farside.

I found this one earlier today. The crater is non descript, but i found some interesting things in there:

www.solarviews.com...

The first thing i found is this tower looking object.

the tower is right on the outside of the crater rim, about halfway between the 2 and 3 position.

Then there is this "shiny" object that appears to be above the surface. Just below and to the left of it appears to be its' shadow, right where you would expect given the Sun's position:

If you keep scanning and look at the middle of the crater, there are what appear to be something akin to two smokestacks. yes, i know...there are not smokestacks on the moon. They just look like that:

The last thing i see here is in the 8 o'clock position. Not sure. Could be a crater on a hilltop...but it looks very odd:

Happy hunting!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

This photo was taken by the Lick Obsevatory on January 17, 1946. There are several ways to tell but the easiest is from the explosion located at about 12:30 on the edge of the moon. There is another photo of a full moon taken by Lick on May 20, 1947 that looks similar except that Mare Crisium is at 1 o'clock instead of 2:30 due to libration. Thunderjoke.info has incredible mistakes in photos all through it.

That may well be true. I did mention that Wallace Thornhill has been called out more than once. I know some physicists who get particularly upset about the Plasma model.

But the photo you show above (the one i asked about, anyway) was from Hubble according to NASA.

They have been known to be less than truthful. Is that was you are saying in this instance, as well?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I am looking through, trying to get several images to see if i can layer a better resolution out of them.

In doing so, i ran across this site with amateur photo's. Thought you might find them interesting. Lots of strange goings on.

members.optushome.com.au...

Steve Massey's Aristarchus on his home page is fabricated very similar to the way NASA fabricates their Aristarchus.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   

But the photo you show above (the one i asked about, anyway) was from Hubble according to NASA.

They have been known to be less than truthful. Is that was you are saying in this instance, as well?

No possible way did Hubble take that picture unless they did it in 1946. Thunderjoke also shows a photo of Tychos which they say is from Hubble and it is from this same photo. This photo was taken with the Lick 36 inch telescope through the earths atmosphere; don't you think Hubble could have done better?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I am going to throw this in here as a reminder of what we are here for. It is all too easy to get off track!

...To be a scientist, one must follow the scientific method. Science is the process of creating knowledge, first by making observations or theoretical calculations, and then proposing a hypothesis. Other scientists then strive to find pieces of evidence to prove - or disprove - the notion. Science is forever proposing ideas, and then promptly tearing them down, only to replace them with even more complete hypotheses which explain the physical world. It is critical to know what other scientists have learned so that each new observation can be related to what is known, or not known, about the physical world. And the more you know about science, the greater the likelihood that you may realize the great importance of some strange and unexpected observation. Rather than shrugging your shoulders and saying, “What the heck was that?” you may realize your sighting fills in a big blank in the scientific puzzle matrix…in other words, you understand the relevance of your discovery.

Science is NOT about ego or current belief or politics. It is about truth. A scientist can have an idea, a hypothesis as we put it. The idea might be right, it might not. A true scientist tells the community, “Hey, I have an idea. What do you think?” Other scientists will gladly tell him or her, “You are on the right track,” or “You’re all wet,” and here are the reasons why. It is a process of give and take. Listening and learning. Science deals with observations. Hard FACTS. This give and take is long, arduous, and sometime bruising to egos. But the ultimate goal is to find one thing - the truth as best we can know it.

source

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   

John said once that he has a particular interest in pictures of the farside. I found this one earlier today. The crater is non descript, but i found some interesting things in there:

www.solarviews.com...

AS11-44-6609 (July 1969) --- An oblique of the Crater Daedalus on the lunar farside as seen from the Apollo 11 spacecraft in lunar orbit. The view looks southwest. Daedalus is located at 179 degrees east longitude and 5.5 degrees south latitude. Daedalus has a diameter of about 50 statute miles. This is a typical scene showing the rugged terrain on the farside of the Moon.

Zorgon has found some interesting buildings in this photo.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

But, while searching for some copernicus images i ran across this one (it is large for dial up users):

www.solarviews.com...

In the space aboe the horizon of the moon, there is this:

Interesting pic.

I noticed what appears to be something rising out of the shadow of a crater. The lighting on it, based on the sunlight angle and direction, makes it looks like the top of it is sphere shaped.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
bigfurry, all I can say is Wow on your find at www.solarviews.com... the thumbnail object to the left on photo after stretching the image looks like light being reflected off what I call a multilayered Mothership with square looking porthole windows. The object to the right amongst the stars looks something like Starship Enterprise.

This will really blow you away and everyone viewing will be able to see this particular anomolie in this photo. Looking at the large so called crater, facing the front rim of the crater closest to the viewer go up approx. 4/5 of the way up the rim starting from the bottom right moving toward the top left. You will see a dark arrowhead looking object as plain as day this is positively a manufactured object or emblem. Below the perfect pointed arrowhead object is a male face in a leaned back position. Let me know if you can see what I see. Rik Riley

[edit on 30-6-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Thanks, Rik...i will have another look tomorrow afternoon while i am on my lunch break.

The smaller of the two skybound objects looks very similar to space station photo's and the photo's that guy with the thread has of large "mother ships" (people say they are space station photo's, too...i am undecided).

the structure right on the edge of the frame on the left has a strange right angle as well. I will need to investigate that as well.

I am learning to remove different color layers. Getting contrast and brightness on these different levelsyields interesting results, too.

I will post any further findings in that image.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
it is interesting reading...but did you use the wrong thread, possibly?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

And how did he/she got all those characters in a message, they are more than 20,000.

Just a little off-topic PS: I think that "World" in Russian is "Mir", and "Mir" also means peace.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

And how did he/she got all those characters in a message, they are more than 20,000.

Just a little off-topic PS: I think that "World" in Russian is "Mir", and "Mir" also means peace.

That is an interesting question. I wonder if you can sidestep the character limit by using external text and quotes?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Image originally posted by mikesingh:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i118.photobucket.com...

I found some interesting tricks of lights and shadows & image artifacts....?:

new topics

top topics

<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join